PDA

View Full Version : Shipping story

kimntrent
12-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Okay so I know its the holidays. I know the UPS, Fed Ex, and post office are jammed full of deliveries. If they would lower gas then we may go out more. But anyway, I shipped something to my cousin. Now I live in Northern CA. I live in American Canyon and they live in Benicia (15 minutes away). Lazy! But oh well. They have lived at this house 4 years. Same house it hasn't moved. I get their package back, no such number from the post office. So I call two different family members to confirm the addy. No right addy. The post office didn't want to delivery my package so instead of doing their job they just wrote no such number on it and gave it back. I thought that was one of the best ones yet.

Just had to share.

Kim

chipndale
12-21-2007, 02:26 PM
No such address - I have had that happen to us. We lived at the same house for 17 years and two years ago we received a call from friends asking if this was our correct address. And it was correct. SO I really never gave it much of a thought and then I started to notice that we weren't getting much mail. That in it self can be a good thing! :rotfl: When I checked with the post office - our address didn't exist! They had done a computer update on addresses and ours got deleted!

sunshinecindy
12-21-2007, 06:35 PM
No such address - I have had that happen to us. We lived at the same house for 17 years and two years ago we received a call from friends asking if this was our correct address. And it was correct. SO I really never gave it much of a thought and then I started to notice that we weren't getting much mail. That in it self can be a good thing! :rotfl: When I checked with the post office - our address didn't exist! They had done a computer update on addresses and ours got deleted!

Oh nice. I'm sure you'll hear from Tricia on her UPS delimna. Someone needs to buy those people a GPS.

lmroyea
12-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Not quite the same...but I ordered a CD and ipod sleeve from Best Buy on Black Friday. In a separate order I ordered the actual ipod. I received the ipod no problem, but in the other package was a camara bag with someone else's invoice (eventhough the outside was addressed correctly) So I waited to see if my package would come, but it never did. I finally called them and they said they would reship the items and a return label for the camara bag. The next day I got the original items in the mail and a few days later I got a second shipment! So now I have to go to Best Buy and give them back this merchandise, without any receipts or need for a refund! (Cause I was never charged the second time) I'm so embarrassed to have to just hand them the ipod sleeve, CD, and camara case and say, "here take this, I don't need a credit or a refund, I just don't want them!" They're going to think I'm crazy!

chipndale
12-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Oh nice. I'm sure you'll hear from Tricia on her UPS delimna. Someone needs to buy those people a GPS.

Tricia - anxious to hear your story!

Blessing and Miracle
12-22-2007, 01:23 AM
our address didn't exist! They had done a computer update on addresses and ours got deleted!

Now why couldn't that have been the mortgage company or even your car note people. That would be a deletion to be happy about!:rotfl:

I get so much incorrect mail here that it's expected. LOL.