PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hive Mind:

Hedy
12-17-2010, 12:53 PM
A merchant has canceled the order for the fun flashlight I ordered Ferdie (age 11). Where can I get a similar "fun" item that delivers by Xmas?
There's a part of me that is tempted to get him Disney pins, but Santa picked him up a set for his stocking and I'm giving him a DCL one.

SunshineGirl
12-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Is there anything at Stupid.com that isn't too over the top? My daughters picked out like 10 things there that they wanted (and all things without bad words).

Hedy
12-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Is there anything at Stupid.com that isn't too over the top? My daughters picked out like 10 things there that they wanted (and all things without bad words).

I got him one of those Hex Bugs sets. God bless Amazon Prime.

SunshineGirl
12-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I got him one of those Hex Bugs sets. God bless Amazon Prime.

Yeah....God Bless Amazon Prime. My husband ran over our snow blower yesterday and I got one overnighted to us via Amazon Prime for a shipping cost of only $3.99!!

Dedejf
12-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah....God Bless Amazon Prime. My husband ran over our snow blower yesterday and I got one overnighted to us via Amazon Prime for a shipping cost of only $3.99!!

What is Amazon Prime?

SunshineGirl
12-18-2010, 11:52 AM
What is Amazon Prime?

It's an annual service that you pay for to get free 2-day shipping throughout the year. I think it's $60 or something like that? You have to shop at Amazon a lot. But if you do, once you pay for it you can have stuff shipped free all year. So I paid in May and then for Christmas I placed literally about 12 different orders and had all of them shipped to me 2-day shipping for free. Because I live close to a hub, I actually get all of the books and movies the next day for free.

~Kathie
12-18-2010, 05:11 PM

Aren't you glad it was HIM that ran over the snow blower rather than you?? :rotfl:

I am picturing the poor snow blower and remembering my husband running over his briefcase. I was hysterical laughing. It looked like a pancake.

SunshineGirl
12-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Aren't you glad it was HIM that ran over the snow blower rather than you?? :rotfl:

I am picturing the poor snow blower and remembering my husband running over his briefcase. I was hysterical laughing. It looked like a pancake.

The best part was that he kept going and dragged it the whole way down the street!!!

Hedy
12-18-2010, 07:20 PM
It's an annual service that you pay for to get free 2-day shipping throughout the year. I think it's $60 or something like that? You have to shop at Amazon a lot. But if you do, once you pay for it you can have stuff shipped free all year. So I paid in May and then for Christmas I placed literally about 12 different orders and had all of them shipped to me 2-day shipping for free. Because I live close to a hub, I actually get all of the books and movies the next day for free.

The best part was that he kept going and dragged it the whole way down the street!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Here's hoping he doesn't raise the insurance rates for your office. ;)
I think it is $79 a year. I have gotten my money's worth because I no longer waste money on fillers when I order from Amazon (I shop at Amazon a lot. The day we can get cashback I will frolick in the streets).