PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get a Prevention magazine book?

Alice28
12-26-2007, 05:19 PM
I got a Prevention book and DVD today in the mail. It says, 'book free with 21 day preview', and it came because I ordered Prevention magazine? I am confused. Did this have something to do with an offer here, and I didn't read the fine print???????:confused:

PSL1013
12-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I got the same book last week, I called and they cancelled it. They sent me via email a prepaid label to mail the book back, what a pain in the neck...she said alot of people were calling because they got this book and don't even have a subscription to Prevention magazine..me included? Must of been through some sort of offer we did but I know I didn't sign up for anything intentionally!

penn19
12-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Got the same book. What a pain it is going to be to send it back. I think if I remember correctly, that it was some sort of "free" offer on Disboards? I can't remember though.:confused:

PSL1013
12-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Got the same book. What a pain it is going to be to send it back. I think if I remember correctly, that it was some sort of "free" offer on Disboards? I can't remember though.:confused:

I know I didn't get it through the disboards because I hardly ever go there anymore! I'm thinking it was through some sneaky offer that you clicked on or checked off...only thing it really could be? :confused:

SunshineGirl
12-26-2007, 06:25 PM
I've seen on a couple of the offers where you select other small offers to get through it a "Prevention Magazine" offer. So I wouldn't be surprised if that is where it came from.

Alice28
12-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't see a phone number- does it come on the invoice that they say they're mailing a few days later? This is such a PAIN. :(

PSL1013
12-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I got the phone number from the paperwork that came with the book, it's not a toll free number so I used my cell phone to call them. You don't have to wait for the invoice, tell them to email you the return label, that's what I did. HTH

jfrog
12-28-2007, 10:52 PM
I got a package from the book company beginning with R and rhyming with snowdale. Not sure if I should name it here, so that is as creative as I get...lol! If this is the same thing, do you think we can mark the unopened package 'refused' and send it back that way? If this is the same book, I am sure it did not come from something on disboards, cuz I have never been there. I'm sure I scoured the fine print, but I still get bamboozled once in a while and miss something...grrr!!!:angel:

Alice28
12-29-2007, 12:13 AM
that would be the book! I would just write refused if you haven't opened it yet. Hope I didn't say anything wrong. I called and talked to Prevention and they said I had agreed to the magazine, but then canceled it a couple weeks later (this was in October). This was me- :confused: :confused: . No idea about any of it, but I did get connected to the proper people and got the mailing label for the books.

pbhall13
12-29-2007, 01:21 AM
I just got this the other day and was dumbstruck...........I know I have never clicked thru or signed up for anything concerning Prevention Magazine.......I will call them on Monday for a return label!!!

jfrog
12-29-2007, 01:29 AM
LOL - nope, I didn't open it, once I saw the return address I knew it wasn't something I ordered 'intentionally'. I did receive one of their magazines about a month ago and returned that marked cancel or refused. All I can think of is that I marked one of the prevention offers with a YES and then changed to NO - it may have said something about a trial subscription? I just can't remember. Anyway, thanks for the info and saving me the phone call to get the return lable. (I can be soooo lazy-lol!) Oh, I just thought of another...last week I received 2 containers of Simulac....hmmm...my mailman must be wondering if there's a baby in my future? Rumors could fly - our mailman is my b-i-l's cousin-hee hee!!

Minniehaha
12-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Same here! I guess I had signed up for a subscription without realizing it also. I had actually sent an e-mail to cancel which they did without any problems. I guess they never updated the cancellation list since we are all getting this book. I almost got rid of it and didn't read I was going to get billed later on! Does anyone have the number ??? My book didn't come with a number just an address.

Blessing and Miracle
12-30-2007, 04:39 PM

Got the same book yesterday, so it's definitely from an offer on SR as I've never visited the Disboards. I also received a seperate invoice. I haven't bothered to open it. I will and if there is a number listed, I'll post it!

Alice28
12-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Ack, I didn't keep the number!

What I did is google Prevention magazine. I called their number, explained the situation, and she gave me the number for their book department. Then I called that number, explained, and they were more than happy to email me the shipping label. It was a little time consuming, but everyone was nice.

Minniehaha
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
THANKS! I will try that on Wed. I am sure most places are closed by now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool dance:

beanjean
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Somehow I got signed up for Prevention magazine again. Got a confirmation email that I ordered it. This makes me so mad. I am very careful when doing offers and always go back over them before hitting submit or skip to make sure no yes boxes are checked. I know that it had to come from SR because it comes in a name that I only use on here. I called to cancel but this is frustrating. Looks like we should be able to do something about them signing us up when we actually have not signed up for their magazine at all. I guess whether we check yes or no they are still going to sign us up anyhow. What happens if I start getting signed up for other stuff that I haven't ordered. Hopefully this will be the only thing but who knows. Guess I will just have to wait and see. Just venting I guess.

tarheelpat
01-04-2008, 11:24 AM
I've not received the book -- yet -- but I got an invoice yesterday for my "subscription" to Prevention magazine. That will be going out today with "Cancel" on it.

penn19
01-09-2008, 07:01 PM
I got my bill today for the prevention book/dvd whatever. And of course it just says either send the money, OR write no thanks on the invoice and send the stuff back. But they don't tell you how to send the book back. I am for sure not sending it back at my own expense. I never asked for it. I have had it with Prevention!

Minniehaha
01-09-2008, 09:50 PM
It took me FOREVER to talk to someone about this at RODALE. I sent e-mails with no replies. Finally I called the order line and got a real person. I am sure they are being bombarded with us because she knew exactly what I was talking about and said she would send me a return label.

mum4jenn
01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
I got my invoice today and that book is something like $58!!!!!! I will be sending mine back as well.

chocovrdmicears
01-10-2008, 08:34 AM
I also got one.. :headache:
I tried yesterday to get someone on the phone but kept getting a busy signal( now I know why!). This kind of thing drives me nuts! Anyway, during my 25 minutes of listening to pre-recorded messages, I did hear them mention that you could go directly to their website and print out a return label. I haven't tried it yet, so I am not sure if it will be a prepaid one or not, but I too am NOT paying for return postage for this. :mad:
Here is the contact info for anyone who may need to get in touch with them:

phone# 1-800-820-6077