PDA

View Full Version : Announcement on Filing Trouble Tickets once again

sunshinecindy
12-27-2007, 10:32 PM
C'mon guys, its the holidays. There are a lot of people on vacation (some even in our SR family) and it may take a little longer, so don't be so quick to file the TT for several reasons. First off, we probably won't get to it anyway for another week and second off we haven't finished uploading all the credits we need to do manually anyway. Give us a little break. Wait about 10-15 days after your purchase (or in some cases your item was shipped) to see if you get your credits.

SunshineGirl
12-27-2007, 10:37 PM
We actually have merchants (entire networks) who closed down from the 21st through January 2. So we are having to sit on some of this stuff and be patient until next week. Believe me, we want to see the credits as badly as you do. :sunshine:

tommygirl79
12-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks Cindy!!!

I would like to say thanks to Tricia, Cindy and Angie....I had a couple of things that were 3 weeks beyond the date of purchase that I filed TTs on. I wasn't in a big hurry for them, but you guys got them taken care of!!! What a nice surprise that they came through during the holidays!!!

I know you guys are so busy and I just wanted to say thanks again for being so great!!! You never cease to amaze me!!! :sunshine2:

lmroyea
12-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Thank you guys for all you do. Of course we realize it's the holidays and everyone is busy. I don't think anyone is waiting for immediate responses or anything like that (hopefully!) We just get anxious with our credit, whenever it comes. Enjoy your time with your families, we're pretty patient here, and we also realize that not everything is in your control. Have a great New Years! .......and try to relax?!!!!!

DisneyMa
12-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Thank you guys for all you do. Of course we realize it's the holidays and everyone is busy. I don't think anyone is waiting for immediate responses or anything like that (hopefully!) We just get anxious with our credit, whenever it comes. Enjoy your time with your families, we're pretty patient here, and we also realize that not everything is in your control. Have a great New Years! .......and try to relax?!!!!!

Well said. Our credits will wait. Have a good long weekend. :sunshine2:

3dog2kidmom
12-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Well said. Our credits will wait. Have a good long weekend. :sunshine2:

Agreed. I certainly don't mean to be a pain or make anyone feel like I'm not giving them a break. Rather I thought the purpose of filing a ticket was just to say "hey, I am expecting this and wanted you to know so you can look for it if necessary," when more time elapses than expected. And also so I don't forget or lose track of the email confirmations -- especially since I am off this week and able to spend a good amount of time on SR. Then if the credits come, great. If not I will wait patiently until someone is able to look into it for both of our benefits.

We all appreciate your hard work!! Have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy your well-deserved time off.

faithhope
12-28-2007, 12:22 AM
It would be nice to have a "note" section in the TT so we could add extra info...like... no hurry just filing to beat time limit on filing TT or.... no hurry enjoy your vacation.

What is the time limit to file a TT? a month?

I also suggest a note on the rental car links so people will know it is "normal" to wait a certain time period after returning the car... not from reservation date...

Just some suggestions while I'm thinking of it...
Have a great Holiday and deserved break from the website job.

Faith

kimntrent
12-28-2007, 02:37 AM
I know I am guilty of one yesterday and I am not expecting it right away. I know holiday season and the time it takes things to get here I just wanted to put it in the pile. I know that for some places it takes several before the company would look at them.

Kim

jnorth1007
12-28-2007, 01:58 PM
I don't believe there is a time limit on how long you CAN wait before filing a TT. The bigger issue is filing too soon. It actually causes more issues when it is filed early then when it is filed late. These shouldn't be used as a way to remember what you have purchased. I think that these are being looked at as no big deal and being used as a means of communication. What everyone needs to realize is that they are only handled by Miss Angie now and she can only look them over and submit them for you. If you have an issue that Tricia or Cindy needs then it is better to use a different means to contact them about the issue. I seriously wouldn't even consider submitting ANY TT unless told to do so by Tricia before 7 business days or 10 days. There are credits that come quicker than that but there are so many more that are taking at least 10 - 14 days to come in. I had a travel shopping credit that I did on 12/8 that showed up 2 days ago. I think that if we continually submit TT's to merchants before they have the opportunity to fully upload all of the credits they have then we may be looked at as impatient and a pain to deal with. I know it is aggravating and hard to track orders that you make once you get past the 7 day mark but I just keep a pad next to the computer and mark all purchases on it. I try not to file any TT's unless it has been 2-3 weeks. I realize that may be a long time but I haven't had to file one since the ELF purchase I made and that was because none were crediting. I think a much better way to handle it is to request about how the merchant credits in the shopping section. This way, if others are having issues with crediting from that merchant than Tricia can see the trend and respond accordingly. This will also help you to know if it is one that takes a while to credit and you can hold off a little longer on filing the TT. Noone is trying to make it hard for you guys to get credit by making you wait. If anything it will make it quicker and easier to get credits if only those who had issues with the transaction (i.e. cookies) are filing them and Angie isn't chasing down credits that would have come in on their own in a few more days.

SunshineGirl
12-28-2007, 02:05 PM
And we are constantly trying to come up with new ways to make the process better. In a perfect world, we would get credits for everything and the merchants wouldn't screw us over. LOL! But with different computers treating cookies in different ways, it just doesn't always work. The good news is that we had literally thousands of transactions last month and have only about 30 trouble tickets open. So MOST transactions go through fine. If you have more than 2 trouble tickets in a month, there is probably something on your computer that is not handling credits right or you are clicking on other sites looking for coupons while you shop.

mollyeilis
12-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't believe there is a time limit on how long you CAN wait before filing a TT. The bigger issue is filing too soon.

From the TT page:

Requests for credit cannot be filed until at least 7 days have passed since the transaction, and the requests must be filed within 30 days.

Once you select the account credit option from the drop down, you find out more info:

Requests for credit cannot be filed until at least 10 days have passed since the transaction (on shopping, this is the date of shipment), and the requests must be filed within 30 days.

That gets a little bit scary! For instance, I ordered an Ent book on the 4th. I got notification that it shipped on the 13th. That tracking number show that Entertainment Book felt they had shipped it on the 11th, b/c that's the date that shows in USPS system as when THEY were notified of the package. It didn't start "tracking" until the...20th?

What's scary in there is that if I wait until the 15th to file, that's not giving enough time per the "on shopping, this is the date of shipment". If I wait until beyond 10 days after shipment (which is what I did), I'm starting to get an ulcer b/c the 4th to the 23rd or 24th is starting to get too close to that 30 days, and what if I do something wrong in my TT, or I don't notice the order number in the body of the forwarded email and no one else does either (like in another TT I have) so it has to be RE-sent....then we're beyond the 30 days I've now been told twice is the limit...

But my E. B. credit came about 2 days after it was delivered (and we almost lost the book on the day it was delivered, the 24th; Robert left it at our bank and I had to go just as it opened on the 26th where thank goodness it was still there, LOL), which makes ME wonder if they look at THAT...

OK so what I'm saying is that it's clear on the first TT page that there are only 30 days to file. And then when you get further into the system you find out MORE information. I kinda think that the info about "on shopping, this is the date of shipment" should be on the first page, but then I'm picky about that sort of thing, having taken frustrated customer phone calls and emails at amazon for 3 years, wishing that appropriate info was on appropriate pages, and badgering my higher-ups to make things better. :p

jnorth1007
12-28-2007, 04:34 PM
I stand corrected on the point of the time limit to file the TT's. However the point of my post still stands. Don't be in a rush to file a TT because it will not get you your credit any quicker and it could possibly cause more issues than it resolves. Imagine the time saved by waiting to file the TT for the EB until 10 days after the shipment date. You wouldn't have needed to do so at all. :)

spring
01-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Thank you Angie for assisting me with my latest Trouble Ticket for Dale and Thomas Popcorn. Had you not submitted it to the company for review, I would not have been paid.:cooldance:

SunshineGirl
01-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Unbelievably, we only have 10 trouble tickets currently open!!! That is down for over 80 back in Thanksgiving before Angie came on board. It's my sincere hope that we will be through every one of them by early next week and will here forward be able to address them all within about 48 hours of when they are filed. :)

linanglab
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Miss Angie - YOU ROCK!!! I had a TT open from a purchase on 11/30. I just assumed I would not get credit! I am supposed to get credit within 72 hours! Cool!!! Thanks!

m 'n c
01-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Unbelievably, we only have 10 trouble tickets currently open!!! That is down for over 80 back in Thanksgiving before Angie came on board. It's my sincere hope that we will be through every one of them by early next week and will here forward be able to address them all within about 48 hours of when they are filed. :)

Yay Tricia and Angie for getting TT under control and credits rolling in!

faithhope
01-04-2008, 03:44 PM
yeah:sunshine2:

askomsky
01-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow you go Miss Angie!

Unfortunately one of the open one's is mine, and I was starting to give up hope!

You gals rock!

OhMari
01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Miss Angie - YOU ROCK!!! I had a TT open from a purchase on 11/30. I just assumed I would not get credit! I am supposed to get credit within 72 hours! Cool!!! Thanks!

I have one that old, it would be great if I could get credit. It would be like $15.

Iteach
01-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I hadn't check in a couple of days, but my TT is one that was closed today! Thank you so much for all your hard work getting my credit. It is very much appreciated!:hugs:

missangie
01-04-2008, 05:02 PM
You're welcome! I'm just as excited as you are when we see credits come in!! :)

missangie
01-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I now only have three tickets left to submit to merchants. However, I still have several disputes outstanding. Some merchants reply very quickly and others do not. Some review disputes only twice a month others more or less frequently.

Many of you may have seen ticket closures over the past couple of days on older tickets that have been outstanding with merchants for more than 90 days. History tells us that if we have not received credit in that time frame, we likely will not. I will complete the ticket review process over the next week or so. From that point forward, we will only allow tickets submitted to merchants to stay open for approximately 90 days. Although it is our hope that most, if not all, will be resolved much sooner.

I am so happy for those of you that have received credits recently. I get just as excited as you when they post to your accounts. Congratulations!! :cooldance:

vegaskjk
01-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I bought a home depot gift card on Dec. 17/18 (not sure what date as I am in Pacific time). I can't see that I have received credit, should I file? I know the card was received before Christmas! Thanks.

m 'n c
01-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I bought a home depot gift card on Dec. 17/18 (not sure what date as I am in Pacific time). I can't see that I have received credit, should I file? I know the card was received before Christmas! Thanks.

I don't quite understand if you cashed out or bought some. If you bought some and they don't show up tomorrow I'd file a TT on Monday.

spring
01-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Angie, you are the best! I personally had 3 TT's pending, one of which just got credited within the past few days. One of them, 123inkjets.com, is from a 10/09/07 purchase and is still outstanding. I guess that one is about to be closed out for lack of payment by the company. I'm not surprised, nor will I buy from them again.

My other one is for Nutritional Science Lab from a purchase 12/8/07. I'm really disappointed with them as I wanted to order more. But my policity is, once stung, don't do it again.

I know it is a lot of work researching each and every TT, so even though I have two outstanding, I'm thrilled to have gotten the 3rd resolved. Keep up the excellent job!:sunshine:

sunshinecindy
01-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Thats odd on NSL and if Angie can't get it, I'll talk with the affiliate manager, I know her.
Angie, just let me know if you need help on this one.

sunshinecindy
01-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't quite understand if you cashed out or bought some. If you bought some and they don't show up tomorrow I'd file a TT on Monday.

I think HD took me about 2 weeks to show up in my credits when I bought the gift cards.

SunshineGirl
01-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Thats odd on NSL and if Angie can't get it, I'll talk with the affiliate manager, I know her.
Angie, just let me know if you need help on this one.

I think I even saw our code in the confirmation email! Come to think of it...I don't think I got my credit for this one either. Cindy, you may have to contact her directly if we don't see those trouble tickets resolved pretty quickly. She is usually great about it.

DisneyMa
01-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I submitted a TT on 12/6 for Petco. It still shows as pending. Is there hope for this? How long does it usually take?

jnorth1007
01-06-2008, 10:39 PM
If it hasn't been 90 days and it hasn't been closed because of merchant refusal then there is still hope LOL.

missangie
01-06-2008, 11:16 PM
I submitted a TT on 12/6 for Petco. It still shows as pending. Is there hope for this? How long does it usually take?

Every merchant is different. I am monitoring the tickets and hoping to get as many resolutions as we can. Realistically, we will not see credits on all disputes, but we are working hard to improve our chances.

DisneyMa
01-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Thanks! I'm still crossing my fingers for a credit to come through. Sad thing is, I need to buy more stuff from Petco soon. If they are not going to play nice and pay SR then I will have to find someone else to order from.

missangie
01-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks! I'm still crossing my fingers for a credit to come through. Sad thing is, I need to buy more stuff from Petco soon. If they are not going to play nice and pay SR then I will have to find someone else to order from.

I'm not so sure that boycotting a particular merchant is the answer. It might be better to give it another try with a merchant and make sure that there aren't any reasons for them not to credit. Things that you can do on your end include clearing cookies, closing all other sites while you shop, start shopping with an empty cart, using only SR coupons or specials found directly on the merchant site, and shopping efficiently (know what you need, put it in the cart, and checkout). There has to be clear evidence that you shopped through SR in order for them to pay us commission on the sale and for us in turn to pay out rewards.

Shopping credits are a two-way street. It's not always our fault that we don't get credit, but it's not always the merchant's fault either!

Does that make sense?

sunshinecindy
01-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Also, we have several merchants for pet products. I really like Dr. Fosters and Smith. I've also applied for a few others.

jl8595
01-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Miss Angie or Cindy...

I have a question about a shopping credit I received but wasn't expecting...not sure if I should file a trouble ticket for it or wait a week or two to see if it reverses??

This just posted to my acct this morning and while I have been known to shop there frequently through SR, I haven't actually ordered anything online from them in a long time (not since Oct/early Nov) and I definitely received my credit for my order a long time ago:

#1052003 Shopping: Order 125RGRB_1 Gap.com 2.58 Credits 01/08/2008 Paid

I'm worried that it might belong to someone else and got posted to me in error??? Any advice??

sunshinecindy
01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Miss Angie or Cindy...

I have a question about a shopping credit I received but wasn't expecting...not sure if I should file a trouble ticket for it or wait a week or two to see if it reverses??

This just posted to my acct this morning and while I have been known to shop there frequently through SR, I haven't actually ordered anything online from them in a long time (not since Oct/early Nov) and I definitely received my credit for my order a long time ago:

I'm worried that it might belong to someone else and got posted to me in error??? Any advice??

I will look into this today, thank you.

jnorth1007
01-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Did you have a TT pending for Gap? I would assume not LOL I am sure you checked that first and wouldn't be wondering where it came from if you did. Sorry my brain is a little foggy today.

I don't suppose anyone else could have been shopping on your computer?

I am sure Tricia will respond with a much better answer :)

sunshinecindy
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Coldwater Creek, Gap and Old Navy overcredited the accounts, so, Tricia will be busy today taking all those credits back off. They actually did it 3 times (go figure, sometimes we can't even get once). There will be an email going out to the membership about this today.

jl8595
01-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't suppose anyone else could have been shopping on your computer?

I asked DH if he, by some odd chance, ordered anything from the Gap...and he looked at me like I'd lost my mind! :rotfl: (I do all the clothes shopping in the house!)

jl8595
01-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Coldwater Creek, Gap and Old Navy overcredited the accounts, so, Tricia will be busy today taking all those credits back off. They actually did it 3 times (go figure, sometimes we can't even get once). There will be an email going out to the membership about this today.

Thanks for looking into this Cindy! I knew it definitely didn't belong to me...no worries though, just a mistake. Thanks again!! :)

spring
01-08-2008, 01:59 PM
A big Thank You to Angie and Cindy for getting me credit for my Nutritional Science Lab order! Thanks for going to bat for me!:sunshine:

emmoore5124
01-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I have another question on TTs. I bought some supercertificates from giftcertificates.com and it's on credit hold and will continue to be for another week. But the credit is too small. Is that something that will correct once it comes off hold? Or is that something I need to file on? If so, should I wait till it comes off hold or should I do it now? TIA

jl8595
01-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Miss Angie or Cindy...

I know it's been a super busy week for our favorite SR workers, but I just wanted to let you know that this is still posted in my account. (haven't seen the reversal) Would it be best to file a TT? As much as I'd love to enjoy the extra 2.58, it's not mine and I'm worried that it belongs to a fellow SR'er.

sunshinecindy
01-11-2008, 11:06 AM
I know it's been a super busy week for our favorite SR workers, but I just wanted to let you know that this is still posted in my account. (haven't seen the reversal) Would it be best to file a TT? As much as I'd love to enjoy the extra 2.58, it's not mine and I'm worried that it belongs to a fellow SR'er.

This is yours from an order in November. So, its all good.

jnorth1007
01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Cindy, I think this was part of the set that double credited from Gap, Old Navy and Coldwater Creek that Tricia said they would get figured out since the memebers had already recieved their credits back when the purchases were made.

jl8595
01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Cindy, I think this was part of the set that double credited from Gap, Old Navy and Coldwater Creek that Tricia said they would get figured out since the memebers had already recieved their credits back when the purchases were made.

Thanks Janet - I think you might be right about that. So then Tricia's probably still working to reverse these double credits?

No worries, just thought I'd mention it so I wouldn't lose track of it.