PDA

View Full Version : Anymore Ideas on How to get the Little Ones to Credit?

toystoryduo
05-31-2007, 09:46 PM
I have been able to get the trial offers and shopping areas to credit, but I will say that 7/10 times, I can't get the little offers to credit. I've changed my privacy setting to "accept all cookies" in IE, I've run Ad Aware and AVG a couple of times a day, and I have manually deleted cookies on my computer. :computer: Is there anything else I can do? I'm trying to get to SM again this quarter and only need a few more credits to get there. Thanks for your help!

toystoryduo
06-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Bumping for ideas, please. I'm about $5 away from SM and I'd love to have some of these little ones credit. Thanks!:sunshine:

chocovrdmicears
06-01-2007, 10:35 AM
I've read read two different schools of thought on deleting cookies...some say you should delete in between every offer (or at least very frequently) to get the free ones to credit. And I think it was Tricia that said you shouldn't clear them too quickly or it won't be able to report back to the site for you to get credit? I have tried both and it still seems to be hit or miss.
I have also found that just using the Internet Explorer to delete cookies does not delete them all. I have additional software to clean my computer and it always finds bunches of them after I use the IE explorer. Depending on how you are deleting them, it may not be doing a thorough(sp?) job.
Another suggestion would be after you delete your cookies & clean your computer, try shutting the power off completely rather than just restarting...something about resetting your IP? I have no idea what that means but that does seem to help me too, I think?!. :sunshine2:
Hope that helps a bit!

mom2dea
06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Use a diffrent e-mail address is the only other thing I can think of . Good luck .

Have you gone under fast crediting items the new list Sunshine girl has now . Some of the small ones in there I just got to credit for me after switching computer , clearing cookies and new e-mail address .

GOod luck

Sarah

toystoryduo
06-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the tips!:hugs:

m 'n c
06-01-2007, 06:33 PM
try shutting off your internet connection to reset your ip. By that I mean if you have a dsl or cable connection unplug it from the wall for a minute and then plug it back in. It will reset your ip and give you a new one.

btw if you are really close definetly check out the new daily surveys since they are now 80 cents each!!! I am so pumped.

toystoryduo
06-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks! I'm going to try some of those things and see if they help.:sunshine:

3dog2kidmom
06-02-2007, 07:59 AM
try shutting off your internet connection to reset your ip. By that I mean if you have a dsl or cable connection unplug it from the wall for a minute and then plug it back in. It will reset your ip and give you a new one.

REALLY? We have wireless, which drops several times a week so I unplug and plug back in to reset. So it is a new IP each time? I had no idea.

m 'n c
06-02-2007, 12:32 PM
REALLY? We have wireless, which drops several times a week so I unplug and plug back in to reset. So it is a new IP each time? I had no idea.

Most likely because most internet providers give you a dynamic ip which changes. To get a static ip address (one that never changes) most providers would charge you a monthly or yearly fee. Usually only businesses use static ips.

I use to do tech support for a software company and one of the things we used to connect to their computers was their ip addresses when they'd call with an issue. Only the clients who were on our servers had static ips that never changed so that they could connect to our servers. All the other ones we'd have to get them to go to www.whatismyip.com to read their ip so we could dial in with pc anywhere and other similar programs.