PDA

View Full Version : Girl loses Hannah Montana tickets for lying

Mom2aPrincess
01-01-2008, 12:39 PM
You probably heard about this, but I've been out of the loop while in Disney!

Can you believe this? What an example she is to her daughter.....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-12-29-fake-essay_N.htm

ligrumpygirl
01-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Is that unreal or what?? We saw this the other day and told DD6 about it. Used it as a lesson about lying...and how important those men and women are who are fighting for us. How dare that woman use them in this lie? No matter how you feel about the fighting going on overseas you have to feel for the soldiers and their families. Too use a lie like that for HM tix? Horrible!! There are probably a few little girls who have lost their daddies in the war and would give up any HM tickets to see them just one more time!

That women will get it back some day...and I wish I were there to see it!

Mom2aPrincess
01-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I totally agree. I was raised (and totally believe) that everything you do - good or bad - comes back to you, and so I think this woman probably has it coming in the long run.

I just keep thinking about the little girl though being raised to believe this is ok...I really hope losing the tickets is a life-learning lesson for her.

mjjmbnmm
01-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I was in total shock when I read this, how and why could she do this to her child? were the tickets really worth it?

lorisnuts
01-02-2008, 09:53 AM
what made me mad is when the mother made her statement she said, "it was just an essay contest. it didn't say it had to be a true story." she went on to say how her daughter and such do essays at school all the time and this was just another essay, and thats it.

what was this woman thinking?

DisneyMa
01-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry, but what 6 year old does essays all the time in school? DD7 has not done one yet!

Lisaj68
01-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm sorry, but what 6 year old does essays all the time in school? DD7 has not done one yet!

Good point! I hadn't even thought of that! I couldn't get over my initial shock to think about her excuse/s.

m 'n c
01-02-2008, 05:14 PM
I couldn't imagine having to write an essay at 6 years old! I mean that is kindergarten right? I was just learning how to properly write my letters and numbers at that age not how to develop sentences and paragraphs!

Some people will do anything to get ahead in life. I'm just glad she was caught early and didn't get the reward.

Magical JenK
01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Wow...that's pretty low.:sick:

saikai
01-02-2008, 09:10 PM
This story is incredibly sad! How is this child going to be when she grows up?
However, right before I read this I got an email from the country radio station that I listen to in Albany, NY saying that they are giving away 3 tickets to the Hannah Montana concert next week. I wonder if it is those tickets?

JOLAROCHE
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
I do not think that child wrote that essay. She is only six. This is something I feel the mother thought of. She should be ashambed of herself.