PDA

View Full Version : Affiliate Summit

SunshineGirl
01-09-2011, 03:05 PM
For those of you who do not know, I am in Las Vegas right now for Affiliate Summit. It's the biggest event of the year for sites like ours and absolutely HUGE! I always come back with goodies to give away, new merchants, and new ideas for the site. It does mean that I am not around to answer questions as quickly but between, Kevin, the moderators, and Ashleigh, you are in good hands. :)

I'm speaking today about how to monetize pop culture sites, a passion of mine. I'm also meeting with a few merchants to see how we can better work them this year. It's a fun event but is non-stop action!!

Tomorrow I will be speaking about how merchants can better work with affiliates. I'm hoping to dazzle all of the merchants in the room so that they will want to work with Sunshine Rewards. ;)

Then Tuesday will be the announcement of affiliate of the year, which I am so nervous about!!!

That's the quick and dirty. I'll be checking in as I am able, but the mods know how to get a hold of me quickly if anything goes really haywire!

happymom
01-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Best wishes on Tuesday!:sunshine:

m 'n c
01-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Looking forward to seeing the reward in your hands, new merchants, and forum contest prizes!!!

Hedy
01-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Looking forward to seeing the reward in your hands, new merchants, and forum contest prizes!!!

This.

iluvamystery89
01-09-2011, 04:00 PM

MTE! good luck, tricia! no matter what those people say, you're the BEST! :sunshine:

shmily1
01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I know this is work, but I hope you are having a blast!! Can't wait to hear about all the new merchants and especially how it goes on Tuesday! Good luck!!

disney_girl
01-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear about it when you return!

MdCaterer
01-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I hope they recognize you and SR for the honest and fun site that you run. Best of luck!!!

Iteach
01-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Good luck on Tues. Whatever the outcome, to all of us, you are the best! Knock 'um dead and spread your :sunshine: !

OhMari
01-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Vegas must be busy. The Electronic Show is out there too this weekend.

Good Luck Tuesday, we are all wishing you the best!

chipndale
01-12-2011, 10:12 PM
For those of you who do not know, I am in Las Vegas right now for Affiliate Summit. It's the biggest event of the year for sites like ours and absolutely HUGE! I always come back with goodies to give away, new merchants, and new ideas for the site. It does mean that I am not around to answer questions as quickly but between, Kevin, the moderators, and Ashleigh, you are in good hands. :)

I'm speaking today about how to monetize pop culture sites, a passion of mine. I'm also meeting with a few merchants to see how we can better work them this year. It's a fun event but is non-stop action!!

Tomorrow I will be speaking about how merchants can better work with affiliates. I'm hoping to dazzle all of the merchants in the room so that they will want to work with Sunshine Rewards. ;)

Then Tuesday will be the announcement of affiliate of the year, which I am so nervous about!!!

That's the quick and dirty. I'll be checking in as I am able, but the mods know how to get a hold of me quickly if anything goes really haywire!

Wondering how your trip went....

SunshineGirl
01-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Whew! Just got home last night and am trying to get caught up on everything from unpacking my suitcase to charging my phone. Whirlwind trip as usual. I'll start posting updates today. :)

29apr00
01-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Did you win??? We all know you are amazing, but the rest of the world needs to know too!

SunshineGirl
01-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Did you win??? We all know you are amazing, but the rest of the world needs to know too!

Sadly, no. I lost to Woot. :(

29apr00
01-13-2011, 09:36 AM
:computer: Never even heard of Woot!! Sunshine Rewards is much better than something with a weird name like Woot!

We all think you're amazing and that's all that counts! We missed you and can't wait to see what you brought us!! :rotfl:

iluvamystery89
01-13-2011, 11:50 AM
ok, what is a "woot"?

SunshineGirl
01-13-2011, 11:54 AM
ok, what is a "woot"?

I'm actually not sure. LOL I think maybe a daily deals site?

athoods
01-13-2011, 12:09 PM
:party:
Your home and looking forward to see what updates you have.:sunshine::sunshine:

chipndale
01-13-2011, 12:25 PM
ok, what is a "woot"?

I was wondering the same thing - never heard of them. Going to google to see...

shmily1
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
It is a daily deals site, but I'm still not sure how it compares to SR. Did the award cover all types of websites?

lkat
01-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Can't wait to hear all about it! Hope you had fun!

chipndale
01-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Here is a link to Woot. http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx

Tricia - even if you didn't win the award - you have the best site hands down!

SunshineGirl
01-13-2011, 02:36 PM
It is a daily deals site, but I'm still not sure how it compares to SR. Did the award cover all types of websites?

It was actually just "affiliate of the year" so it could be a company or a person. I was nominated more for my work in the industry than my revenue. LOL

Hedy
01-13-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm surprised w00t won, given they are now part of Amazon. They're so 2007, anyways. ;)

Hedy
01-13-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm surprised w00t won, given they are now part of Amazon. They're so 2007, anyways. ;)

How did the person who won the passs on your blog like it?

SunshineGirl
01-13-2011, 03:20 PM
How did the person who won the passs on your blog like it?

Loved it! I saw him at a party Saturday night and then off and on throughout. He's only a part-time affiliate marketer right now but I am hoping will be full-time one of these days. I'm pretty sure that I will be able to get a pass again for next time to give away because I didn't screw this one up. LOL

Did you all hear my big sigh of relief a few minutes ago? That's because I have now actually read every single one of the 500+ emails that were in my inbox from while I was gone. Only 50 left to respond to. LOL

Blessing and Miracle
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Welcome home. Hope you had a great time!

Now where are the goodies? :rotfl: