PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Wireless Router

chipndale
01-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Ok - For Christmas, DH got me a wireless router to go with my newer computer. After several unsuccessful tries, I finally got the wireless router to work and I was so happy. Last night I thought that I would be able to sit in the family room with the kids and watch a movie and take SR surveys - Not! I am able to get the internet connection but I can't log into SR. I tried several other sites that require a password and I keep getting the same message - incorrect user name or password. I know my SR password! Any suggestions? I am ready to throw the router in the garbage. Or the router is a Linksys and when I called customer service they were not much help - as long as I can use the computer wireless they didn't want to help me. They could care less about the fact that I can't log into SR or facebook! Help?

OhMari
01-11-2011, 03:34 PM
My dh called back 3 times and got 3 different people. Your internet provider needs to set something on their end and tell you what to do. He couldn't believe the first conversation he had with a girl rep. She knew nothing. The 2nd person helped my dh considerable. I don't know why he called again, but whatever our cable company did, they had it working for him. It isn't you, you need to call your internet provider.

chipndale
01-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks, I finally got everything working! Fingers crossed that I don't have any more problems. I guess it is like Disney - you just have to keep calling back until you get a good agent!

Blessing and Miracle
01-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks, I finally got everything working! Fingers crossed that I don't have any more problems. I guess it is like Disney - you just have to keep calling back until you get a good agent!

That's with every company!!

Glad you got it working. I don't know what we'd do around here without wireless. :)

chipndale
01-12-2011, 09:55 PM
That's with every company!!

Glad you got it working. I don't know what we'd do around here without wireless. :)

Everyone is loving the wireless!