PDA

View Full Version : Question about IP addresses...

3dog2kidmom
01-03-2008, 09:12 PM
If I take my laptop to my friend's house and get online with her wireless, will offers/surveys recognize us both if she is also on SR or is it unique to your computer? Or if I go to a friend's who is not on SR maybe that would help me be able to get credits for doing offers that didn't credit at home?

SunshineGirl
01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
If your friend is on SR, it would recognize you two as the same person for a lot of the offers (but probably not the daily surveys). If your friend is NOT on SR, you might be able to get better credits...especially if you clear your cookies first.

askomsky
01-03-2008, 09:19 PM
IP address comes from the network you log in at. I use both Dh's laptop and my desktop and it doesn't matter bc they both share the same IP address.

Work is different depending on the network. I had to ask Cindy the other day bc I got someone to sign up and we both access it from work, she hadn't noticed anything from the two of us, but I decided not to do offers etc from work bc I'm only there 12 hrs and she's there FT.

But in a company that DH works for (where I used to work) where there's 5000+ people logging into the T1 lines, I don't think it's an issue bc they have to use special software to dial in. If they get logged off or booted out they each have their own special id that they have to use to log in that changes every 2 mins.

HTH!~
April

askomsky
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
If your friend is on SR, it would recognize you two as the same person for a lot of the offers (but probably not the daily surveys). If your friend is NOT on SR, you might be able to get better credits...especially if you clear your cookies first.

LOL, Trisha's non-technical answer sounds much better!!! :)

3dog2kidmom
01-03-2008, 10:03 PM
LOL, Trisha's non-technical answer sounds much better!!! :)

Thanks -- that helps!

speechteachri
01-04-2008, 07:47 AM
I have wondered this too, since my neice wants to join eventually, and so does my mil. My neice lives at college, but does come home frequently, and my mil lives in the same home (with my sil and her family). Trouble is, I have done some SR stuff while up there visiting. Wondered if this will mess them up when they do decide to join.?