PDA

View Full Version : Today's Special Groupon

SunshineGirl
02-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Very cool Groupon being posted in less than half an hour!

m 'n c
02-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Ugh it is blocked at work. I'm hoping it starts sleeting soon so I can head home.

AlternateEgo
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Where do I find it?

SunshineGirl
02-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Darn! It looks like it was bumped to 3pm Central after they sent out the initial word about it. Coming very soon though! We already have a link up for it on our Groupon page. It just won't take you to it until it goes active.

AlternateEgo
02-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks! It was taking me somewhere else, lol.

On a side note, Nashville, TN has the Canvas on Demand groupon $45 for a 16 x 20 shipped.

DCPrincess
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Can't wait! I googled it and some folks spilled the beans this morning, so I'm hoping what I saw is true :)

lkat
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
General Groupon question... Is there a way to see the Groupons for all areas? When I go to the site, it only lets me see the Groupon for my area. :confused:

momof3lovebugs
02-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Can't wait! I googled it and some folks spilled the beans this morning, so I'm hoping what I saw is true :)I googled it too! :D this one is good! And cashback?? winner, winner chicken dinner!:p

iluvamystery89
02-03-2011, 03:42 PM
okay, so i've never used groupon before. if we get the deal through SR, we get cash back, right? and, in this case, cash back on what we buy with our groupon if we go through SR? (i've seen the deal too ;))

momof3lovebugs
02-03-2011, 03:53 PM
I think it's just cashback on the actual groupon, right? like if the groupon is 25.00 for a 50.00 certificate, then we'd get the cashback on the 25.00 purchase. Am I right? Anybody? :p

DCPrincess
02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
I googled it too! :D

So glad I'm not the only impatient one :rotfl:

mmm611
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
So glad I'm not the only impatient one :rotfl:

LOL, I can do y'all one better. I googled it AND I told my mom it's her favorite store!

momof3lovebugs
02-03-2011, 04:06 PM
LOL, I can do y'all one better. I googled it AND I told my mom it's her favorite store!

I did too, though with my bff! lol!:rotfl: Great minds! :p

ShanPooh
02-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Googled it, too.
Sounds like it started at 3:30 Eastern
If it's the same rumor hope you all have your reading glasses ready ;)

SunshineGirl
02-03-2011, 04:37 PM
And the Groupon is active!

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/shopping/Groupon/

Get $20 of Barnes and Noble for only $10. Plus SR cash back!!

disney_girl
02-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Just got mine- awesome deal!!

lkat
02-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Got mine! Love it! :love:

SunshineGirl
02-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Also a great way to introduce Facebook friends to Sunshine Rewards if you share our post and include what your member number is. :) People are so into Groupon these days and amazed when they find out that they can get cash back as well.

mmm611
02-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Yup! I just copied the coupon link from my page and posted that on Facebook.

cjnix32
02-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Got mine too! Woo Hoo!! Can you use this for nook books too? If so....My dad is getting a lot of new ones loaded onto his nook!

SunshineGirl
02-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Got mine too! Woo Hoo!! Can you use this for nook books too? If so....My dad is getting a lot of new ones loaded onto his nook!

I'm fairly certain that you can. I think you just purchase them on the website and then sync that up to the Nook.

iluvamystery89
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
woohoo! got one! :banana: gonna give it to my daughter for Easter. she LOVES to buy her own nook books!

mmm611
02-03-2011, 05:07 PM
woohoo! got one! :banana: gonna give it to my daughter for Easter. she LOVES to buy her own nook books!

Double check when Easter is, but the fine print says it starts to lose value on April 10, 2011. Isn't Easter really late this year? Just want to make sure you get what you paid for!

kimntrent
02-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Can you see how many have been bought so far?

SunshineGirl
02-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Can you see how many have been bought so far?

Through SR? No. They tend to lag by a couple of hours.

iluvamystery89
02-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Double check when Easter is, but the fine print says it starts to lose value on April 10, 2011. Isn't Easter really late this year? Just want to make sure you get what you paid for!

oops! you're right! easter is april 24th this year :blush: guess she'll get it from mom and dad for valentine's day, lol.

DarcyDog
02-03-2011, 06:04 PM
I clicked on the link in the email from SR to buy mine. Will I get the 2.5% back? If not, I'll click on the link here at SR and buy another.

Thanks!!!

SunshineGirl
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
I clicked on the link in the email from SR to buy mine. Will I get the 2.5% back? If not, I'll click on the link here at SR and buy another.

Thanks!!!

Yes! That link should have been your personal SR link.

toystoryduo
02-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I just ordered my first Groupon!:banana: I'm very excited because there are some books I've had my eye on for awhile now. :clap: I'm not 100% sure how this works though. Do they e-mail me the coupon? If so, is there a special link I need to use to get the discount or can I use the Groupon and go through SR when I'm ready to buy?

:thanks:

AlternateEgo
02-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I purchased one, although Im irritated it wont allow me to sign in.

sqromano
02-03-2011, 06:54 PM
This is one of the better deals lately! I love Groupon!!!! I still can't logon to my account, but I think the system is so heavily loaded with this deal that it may be a little while yet!

iluvamystery89
02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
i got my confirmation e-mail from groupon, but i can't login to print my groupon...too busy.

DarcyDog
02-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Yes! That link should have been your personal SR link.

Yippee!! More nook books and cash back!!!! Thanks!!

arob414
02-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Awesome! More books for the Nook!

m 'n c
02-03-2011, 09:18 PM
I just ordered mine. I'm going to get a couple of books to share with my coworker and then to swap on paperbackswap.

speechteachri
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Can't login to purchase...site is so busy!

disney_girl
02-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Can't login to purchase...site is so busy!

I couldn't log in either, but next to the part where you enter your information, it had this:

Already have a Groupon account? No worries!
To purchase this deal with your existing Groupon account, just fill out the order form here using the email address you have on your Groupon account. You'll get an email confirmation once your order is processed.

speechteachri
02-04-2011, 07:51 AM
I couldn't log in either, but next to the part where you enter your information, it had this:

Already have a Groupon account? No worries!
To purchase this deal with your existing Groupon account, just fill out the order form here using the email address you have on your Groupon account. You'll get an email confirmation once your order is processed.

Thanks. I did that and was able to purchase mine this am. The only problem is I have a different Groupon that I really need to be able to print, and I can't because I can't log in...this is a pain!

29apr00
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
if you can't log in to buy it, will it still show up as a credit on SR? The 1st groupon I purchased did not.

SunshineGirl
02-04-2011, 09:29 AM
if you can't log in to buy it, will it still show up as a credit on SR? The 1st groupon I purchased did not.

Maybe not then. I've never had that happen.

m 'n c
02-04-2011, 10:07 AM

It should. I have a credit pending for my purchase yesterday.

arob414
02-04-2011, 10:09 AM
It should. I have a credit pending for my purchase yesterday.

Yay! Me, too.

m 'n c
02-04-2011, 10:12 AM
FYI I revisited Groupon today and in the fine print it says you can buy 1 for yourself and you can "gift one" so if you have 2 readers in your family you might want to pick up another as a gift.

SunshineGirl
02-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I just pushed through all of yesterday's credited so hopefully it should help answer questions about what worked and what didn't. And maybe encourage people to buy that second "gift" one if it worked well yesterday. :)

arob414
02-04-2011, 10:14 AM
FYI I revisited Groupon today and in the fine print it says you can buy 1 for yourself and you can "gift one" so if you have 2 readers in your family you might want to pick up another as a gift.

That is great, now, I won't have to share mine with Grace.

m 'n c
02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
That is great, now, I won't have to share mine with Grace.

Yeah I remembered your post when I saw that today. Isn't it great when you can be selfish :D

arob414
02-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah I remembered your post when I saw that today. Isn't it great when you can be selfish :D

Yeah, especially when she immediately started thinking about what she could get. I keep telling her she needs a Nook or Kindle. Books are cheaper. And, she gets impatient waiting on her book to be delivered.

cjnix32
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
just ordered another one "for a friend". Has anyone been able to print theirs yet?

m 'n c
02-04-2011, 11:00 AM
just ordered another one "for a friend". Has anyone been able to print theirs yet?

No. I have a feeling it won't be till monday

iluvamystery89
02-04-2011, 11:03 AM
no, i still can't print mine, i just tried, but it still says "login unavailable".

SunshineGirl
02-04-2011, 11:07 AM
The last time that they had a promo this big I think it was about 24 hours before I was able to get in to get mine.

toystoryduo
02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Question- I've never used a Groupon before. Can we use this Groupon to order from Barnes and Noble and get SR credit?

m 'n c
02-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Question- I've never used a Groupon before. Can we use this Groupon to order from Barnes and Noble and get SR credit?

I would think so since it is just a gift card number. I'm going to try it out.

~Kathie
02-04-2011, 01:26 PM
I clicked the link in the email and when I went to SR after making my purchase, I was not logged in. :( I also purchased another one.....AFTER I logged in and went through the FB link.

I have 2 confirmation numbers. If you find a credit floating around that doesn't have a name on it may be mine. First purchase was around 11:10 am if that helps.

Been away for 3 weeks. Came home with a broken toe. Trying to get back into the swing of things.

SunshineGirl
02-04-2011, 01:56 PM
I clicked the link in the email and when I went to SR after making my purchase, I was not logged in. :( I also purchased another one.....AFTER I logged in and went through the FB link.

I have 2 confirmation numbers. If you find a credit floating around that doesn't have a name on it may be mine. First purchase was around 11:10 am if that helps.

Been away for 3 weeks. Came home with a broken toe. Trying to get back into the swing of things.

If you clicked on the link in the email, you did NOT have to be logged into SR to get credit. The link in the email actually replicates you being logged in. So hopefully you are okay. :)

Glad to have you back but sorry about the toe. :(

~Kathie
02-04-2011, 04:27 PM
If you clicked on the link in the email, you did NOT have to be logged into SR to get credit. The link in the email actually replicates you being logged in. So hopefully you are okay. :)

That would be great. Fingers crossed.

Glad to have you back but sorry about the toe. :(

Thanks!! It's the baby toe.....hurts like heck!! My whole foot is black and blue, today it's more blue than black. Yesterday it was really black. :eek: It's getting better everyday, Nothing they can do for it. I'm supposed to be staying off it. Yeah right. No one does my work for me while I am away and my desk is piled high. Doing a few things today but it will all just have to wait. I'll shop instead. :D

PSL1013
02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
That would be great. Fingers crossed.

Thanks!! It's the baby toe.....hurts like heck!! My whole foot is black and blue, today it's more blue than black. Yesterday it was really black. :eek: It's getting better everyday, Nothing they can do for it. I'm supposed to be staying off it. Yeah right. No one does my work for me while I am away and my desk is piled high. Doing a few things today but it will all just have to wait. I'll shop instead. :D

How did you manage to do that? I broke the same baby toe twice (different occasions) by knocking it against the leg of a couch, ya think I would have learned from the first time but I went and did it a second time....hurts like heck, I know the feeling all too well. The only think you can do is wrap two toes together but to me that's more uncomfortable than leaving it alone. Get better soon! :hugs:

~Kathie
02-04-2011, 05:50 PM
How did you manage to do that? I broke the same baby toe twice (different occasions) by knocking it against the leg of a couch, ya think I would have learned from the first time but I went and did it a second time....hurts like heck, I know the feeling all too well. The only think you can do is wrap two toes together but to me that's more uncomfortable than leaving it alone. Get better soon! :hugs:

I wasn't paying attention!! :blush:

Thanks! :)

SunshineGirl
02-04-2011, 05:55 PM

I see two credits for you for today. :) You may not see them until Monday.

~Kathie
02-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I see two credits for you for today. :) You may not see them until Monday.

Excellent!!! Thanks! I knew at least one went through because Groupon sent me an email. NOT a confirmation email....a deal email. It was for Barnes & Noble!! :rotfl:

speechteachri
02-04-2011, 11:06 PM
No credit for me...oh well. Great groupon anyway!

disney_girl
02-05-2011, 12:08 AM
No credit for me...oh well. Great groupon anyway!

Tricia did say it might be Monday before we see the credits, so I would think there is still hope. :)

speechteachri
02-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Tricia did say it might be Monday before we see the credits, so I would think there is still hope. :)

Actually, I ordered the groupon before she said she put in all the credits, so I think I would have it by now. MAybe there is still hope...we'll see.

BTW, I didn't see anywhere on the Groupon about purchasing one as a gift....Wondering where you guys saw that.?

arob414
02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Actually, I ordered the groupon before she said she put in all the credits, so I think I would have it by now. MAybe there is still hope...we'll see.

BTW, I didn't see anywhere on the Groupon about purchasing one as a gift....Wondering where you guys saw that.?

Under the big BUY, on the left, there is a link that says something like buy one for a friend.

m 'n c
02-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I was finally able to log in this morning and get my groupons. Off to shop right now!

arob414
02-05-2011, 01:14 PM
I was finally able to log in this morning and get my groupons. Off to shop right now!

I was able to login for my 1st gc but the 2nd was not showed up, yet. I no longer have the option to order one for a friend so I guess it just hasn't been credited, yet. But, Grace already has her books picked out.

lkat
02-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Can we order one for ourselves AND a friend???? It looked like in the fine print you can only order one per person, one per transaction. Would love to gift one for my kids for V-day, but didn't think I could since that would technically be 2 of these groupons on my acct. Can I do that???

arob414
02-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Can we order one for ourselves AND a friend???? It looked like in the fine print you can only order one per person, one per transaction. Would love to gift one for my kids for V-day, but didn't think I could since that would technically be 2 of these groupons on my acct. Can I do that???

I ordered one for my daughter, otherwise she would have used it and I would have just ended up with a $10 savings. I wasn't sure how it would work out ordering from same acct but she is only 15 so she doesn't have one. It looks like Cate was able to use two. Unless she used Mike's acct.

m 'n c
02-05-2011, 02:27 PM
No I used my own but if not I would have made Mike buy me one.

iluvamystery89
02-05-2011, 02:48 PM
ok, i have a groupon question: do i wait until i'm ready to use the groupon to print/download it, or can i go ahead and print/download it now, then use it in a few days or a week?

arob414
02-05-2011, 02:55 PM
ok, i have a groupon question: do i wait until i'm ready to use the groupon to print/download it, or can i go ahead and print/download it now, then use it in a few days or a week?

I have just started printing them and carrying them with me so that I can use them on the spur of a moment. That way I have them when I want them. Before that I had to make a point to print one before I went out and I forgot, alot.

Last night I used a CiCi's pizza $10 gc to buy 6 med pizzas for a sleepover. The total was about $22 (they are running a special). Minus the $5 I pd for the gc, I got the pizzas for $17. Good thing because 12/13 yr old girls can really eat. LOL

iluvamystery89
02-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I have just started printing them and carrying them with me so that I can use them on the spur of a moment. That way I have them when I want them. Before that I had to make a point to print one before I went out and I forgot, alot.

Last night I used a CiCi's pizza $10 gc to buy 6 med pizzas for a sleepover. The total was about $22 (they are running a special). Minus the $5 I pd for the gc, I got the pizzas for $17. Good thing because 12/13 yr old girls can really eat. LOL

lol, i'm bad to forget to print my coupons too, that's mainly why i asked :blush: i forgot to use two coupons at the grocery store yesterday. and i know what you mean-DD is 13 and she and her friends can really put away the food! you'd think they were boys, lol. i'm glad i don't have boys though-a friend of mine says her 14 year old son eats constantly, and even gets up almost every night about midnight-1am to make himself a sandwich, then goes back to bed, lol. with an eater like that, i'd go broke for sure!

Hedy
02-05-2011, 03:27 PM
If you have a Smartphone, you can download the Groupon app and access them that way.

Blessing and Miracle
02-05-2011, 08:55 PM
lol, i'm bad to forget to print my coupons too, that's mainly why i asked :blush: i forgot to use two coupons at the grocery store yesterday. and i know what you mean-DD is 13 and she and her friends can really put away the food! you'd think they were boys, lol. i'm glad i don't have boys though-a friend of mine says her 14 year old son eats constantly, and even gets up almost every night about midnight-1am to make himself a sandwich, then goes back to bed, lol. with an eater like that, i'd go broke for sure!

LOL. I have three boys 29, 26 and 18. And yes, they can EAT!! The 26 year has his own apartment but he occassionally stops by. LOL. And the 18 year old eats enough for everyone in the house. He gets up in middle and have a midnight or mid-morning snack every night. He's 6'3 and still growing. Oh, did I mention that he drinks up everything too. :rotfl:

~Kathie
02-05-2011, 10:06 PM
LOL. I have three boys 29, 26 and 18. And yes, they can EAT!! The 26 year has his own apartment but he occassionally stops by. LOL. And the 18 year old eats enough for everyone in the house. He gets up in middle and have a midnight or mid-morning snack every night. He's 6'3 and still growing. Oh, did I mention that he drinks up everything too. :rotfl:

I saved about $150 a month in grocery bills when my son moved out. :party:

SunshineGirl
02-07-2011, 10:07 AM
I think today is the last day for this Groupon!

DarcyDog
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I just saw the additional credits in my account for this Groupon, but the purchases aren't showing at Groupon. I think it's because I made a mistake, and I don't want to cause any trouble for SR. I thought I could purchase two so I went back through SR and purchased a second one, but didn't click on purchase for a friend (didn't know I had to click on the buy for a friend link until I saw it here in the forum). Again, I went back through SR, clicked on the buy for a friend link and purchased another one. The charges have not yet shown up in my bank account, so I'm thinking Groupon disallowed both purchases? Just wanted to let you know that it was unintentional on my part in case you hear from Groupon. I'll assume you will be taking back credits in my account.

~Kathie
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I was able to login for my 1st gc but the 2nd was not showed up, yet. I no longer have the option to order one for a friend so I guess it just hasn't been credited, yet. But, Grace already has her books picked out.

Did you ever get your 2nd one?? I got the first one, second one is not showing in my account. I emailed them with the confirmation number. So far, no reply!

m 'n c
02-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Did you ever get your 2nd one?? I got the first one, second one is not showing in my account. I emailed them with the confirmation number. So far, no reply!

I did. I bought it like a day after the first one so it took about a day to show up and then Monday for me to finally log in to my account to claim them.

I also didn't use the buy for a friend link so that shouldn't have been an issue.

arob414
02-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I thought I saw my 2nd groupon credit showing up but must have mixed it up with another one. I bought Marble Slab groupons, last wk, also.

My 2nd one has not appeared, after giving it the 48 hours to arrive. I am going to email them.

speechteachri
02-08-2011, 08:29 PM
I didn't get credit for either the purchase my husband made or the one I made. By the way, there was never a link to buy for friend that I could find, at lest not through my account. Weird that I didn't get credit for either purcahse, becuse I always get Groupon credit.? It's ok though.:sunshine:

SunshineGirl
02-08-2011, 08:32 PM
If we didn't get credit for ANYONE, we need to file disputes with them because they need to know that there were tracking issues. I know their affiliate manager REALLY well and she would want to know if there were problems with us getting our credits.

sqromano
02-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I didn't get credit for either the purchase my husband made or the one I made. By the way, there was never a link to buy for friend that I could find, at lest not through my account. Weird that I didn't get credit for either purcahse, becuse I always get Groupon credit.? It's ok though.:sunshine:

I didn't get credit either, which is a first for me with Groupon. It was a great deal, though!

DarcyDog
02-08-2011, 08:54 PM
If we didn't get credit for ANYONE, we need to file disputes with them because they need to know that there were tracking issues. I know their affiliate manager REALLY well and she would want to know if there were problems with us getting our credits.

What I don't understand is that I got 3 credits from Sunshine Rewards, but only 1 Groupon certificate. I've only been charged for one certificate (so far). Any idea what's up with this?

speechteachri
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM

I think some people posted that they got credit. I was just happy to get in on the deal...it was a geat one!

lkat
02-09-2011, 10:22 AM

I did get SR credit for my B & N Groupon purchase. It actually came through the very next day I think.

~Kathie
02-09-2011, 11:33 AM

I DID get credit for 2 but only got one to print. I have been back and forth with several emails to CS and heard the FINAL Answer this morning.

Thanks for your patience on the matter. I took a deeper look into this, and confirmed with my team lead. Unfortunately, this Barnes and Nobel Deal had a limit of one per person, period. So since you purchased one Groupon for yourself, they system rejected the second purchase, even though it was a gift, because there was a limit of one per person, without the option to buy additionals as gifts.

I apologize for ths confusion.

Thank you for your understanding on the matter.

I'm NOT crazy! That 'Buy for a friend button' was there. That it shouldn't have been there is Groupon's issue. I have 2 confirmation numbers purchased in 2 separate transactions placed over an hour apart. I am NOT happy that they are not honoring this. Why would they let it go through for some people and not for others? I would appreciate it if you would relay this to the Affiliate Manager! TY!

I have had very good success and got some great deal with Groupon. I'm very disappointed with them regarding this offer. :(

StitchandPooh'smom
02-09-2011, 12:47 PM
I got credit for the B&N Groupon purchase. :sunshine:

DarcyDog
02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
I DID get credit for 2 but only got one to print. I have been back and forth with several emails to CS and heard the FINAL Answer this morning.

I'm NOT crazy! That 'Buy for a friend button' was there. That it shouldn't have been there is Groupon's issue. I have 2 confirmation numbers purchased in 2 separate transactions placed over an hour apart. I am NOT happy that they are not honoring this. Why would they let it go through for some people and not for others? I would appreciate it if you would relay this to the Affiliate Manager! TY!

I have had very good success and got some great deal with Groupon. I'm very disappointed with them regarding this offer. :(

Yep. The buy for a friend option was there. I used it. Did not get the certificate, was not charged for the certificate, but got the SR credit.

luv2go2diz
02-09-2011, 12:53 PM
This was my first groupon purchase. I got my certificate and printed it out. No SR credit though.

tjrj1988
02-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I never got credit for my BBW groupon. I have printed the certificate. And it's in my groupon acct. Guess I should file a TT?