PDA

View Full Version : I visited Aulani!!

3dog2kidmom
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
I was lucky enough to be on Oahu this week for a quick work trip, and the lanai of my hotel room overlooked Aulani. We were so busy, but did carve out an hour Tuesday to walk up the beach and get a tour of the showroom - together with a Hawaiian Welcome Home. Unfortunately I couldn't get inside the construction site, but the models were sitting on what will eventually become the wedding lawn once the resort opens and were incredible.

I have dozens of pictures, but the rep asked that I not post pictures of inside the rooms on a public website, so I'm just going to put all of them on my facebook instead. Feel free to PM me if you want to take a look.

Aulani shares the lagoon with the JW Marriott-Ihilani, and is so beautiful. The pictures do not do it justice. It will have a volcano with two water slides that empties into a lazy river, an 18,000 square foot spa including a teen spa with a smoothie bar, and an adults-only pool (taking some tips from the Dream, maybe?).

The details in the decor are amazing as you would expect from Disney. The Disney touches are subtle, with hidden Mickeys among gorgeous furnishings designed by local Hawaiian artisons. Let me know if you have any questions. I can't wait to be able to vacation there someday!

dwkay8
02-11-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't know what I'm more jealous of, that you visited Aulani or that you had to take a "quick work trip" to Oahu!

Seriously though, it sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to the day we can get out there.

~Kathie
02-19-2011, 02:28 PM
I was lucky enough to be on Oahu this week for a quick work trip, and the lanai of my hotel room overlooked Aulani. We were so busy, but did carve out an hour Tuesday to walk up the beach and get a tour of the showroom - together with a Hawaiian Welcome Home. Unfortunately I couldn't get inside the construction site, but the models were sitting on what will eventually become the wedding lawn once the resort opens and were incredible.

I have dozens of pictures, but the rep asked that I not post pictures of inside the rooms on a public website, so I'm just going to put all of them on my facebook instead. Feel free to PM me if you want to take a look.

Aulani shares the lagoon with the JW Marriott-Ihilani, and is so beautiful. The pictures do not do it justice. It will have a volcano with two water slides that empties into a lazy river, an 18,000 square foot spa including a teen spa with a smoothie bar, and an adults-only pool (taking some tips from the Dream, maybe?).

The details in the decor are amazing as you would expect from Disney. The Disney touches are subtle, with hidden Mickeys among gorgeous furnishings designed by local Hawaiian artisons. Let me know if you have any questions. I can't wait to be able to vacation there someday!

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. Hopefully we will both get there soon.