PDA

View Full Version : STAMPS.COM

fourfoxesinpa
01-10-2008, 07:05 PM
So, I downloaded the software around 3:30 and forgot to go to the site to activate it until 4:15 or so. The credit has not yet turned up in my account and it's after 6:00 p.m.

I'm wondering if I have to print some postage for it to trigger? I got an email but there was no link to "confirm" - it was just a welcome sort of email.

Thanks for any help!
Jamie

jfrog
01-10-2008, 07:13 PM
If I remember right, mine credited last night about an hour and a half after I signed up. You don't need to print any postage to receive credit - this is a credit hold until 2/15. I didn't do either of the scales and thought that might mess me up, but I got the thanks email and the pending credit notification. Good luck!!

Alice28
01-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Mine credited within an hour or two. I did print off some postage right away, but I don't think that had anything to do with my credit. Hope it shows up for you soon! I really like the service- I'm definitely using it a lot this month and will see how it goes beyond that.

Mom2aPrincess
01-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I went ahead and tried this one. I do send out 3 or 4 packages a month so it would be nice to be able to just drop it off at the post office.

Hope it credits. :)

Does anyone know if we can order the scale a couple days later?

susanowen27
01-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I want to sign up but do not have a printer at home so I want to sign up at work. I can sign up and download the software but work has a deep freeze system and the program will be deleted tonight at midnight. Can I still use stamps.com after that happens or can I not use it at work because of the deep freeze? Can I redownload it everytime I want to use it?

fourfoxesinpa
01-11-2008, 11:35 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: It never credited for me. I'm so sad...9 big ones...GONE!

jnorth1007
01-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Unfortunately this is one of the risks we take in doing these paid offers. Sometimes they don't pay. We don't have a way of knowing which ones will and which wont and we don't have a way of knowing why some do and some don't. That is the reason they pay so much, because they are riskier. They are paying you more because you are doing more than just giving them a little bit of info. You are agreeing to try out a product. These are also the offers that sometimes get revoked because of bad information being given to the advertisers. It is so great to be able to get those big credits. However, more payout = more risk. I'm sorry it didn't credit for you but it did credit for many people. You didn't do any cookie clearing after doing that offer did you? When I first started I had an issue where I was clearing cookies before they could be detected so I couldn't get any credits LOL. There IS such a thing as clearing too much LOL.

fourfoxesinpa
01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately this is one of the risks we take in doing these paid offers. Sometimes they don't pay. We don't have a way of knowing which ones will and which wont and we don't have a way of knowing why some do and some don't. That is the reason they pay so much, because they are riskier. They are paying you more because you are doing more than just giving them a little bit of info. You are agreeing to try out a product. These are also the offers that sometimes get revoked because of bad information being given to the advertisers. It is so great to be able to get those big credits. However, more payout = more risk. I'm sorry it didn't credit for you but it did credit for many people. You didn't do any cookie clearing after doing that offer did you? When I first started I had an issue where I was clearing cookies before they could be detected so I couldn't get any credits LOL. There IS such a thing as clearing too much LOL.

It's very possible that I cleared my cookies. I was doing so many offers yesterday, I thought clearing them more than I normally do would help get them through. That could have been what done it. Live and learn. Thanks!

kmmccart75
01-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Well, I did not clear my cookies, but it has been several hours and I haven't seen it credit either :( I did not print any postage yet, although I agree the site looks useful. I am still hopeful, but getting less so by the minute!

Mom2aPrincess
01-12-2008, 06:08 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: It never credited for me. I'm so sad...9 big ones...GONE!

Me either....:computer:

Shadey55
01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
It didn't credit for me either. Darn! So, how long do I wait until I can file a trouble ticket, or shouldn't I bother? :(

Kycha
01-17-2008, 03:52 PM
It didn't credit for me either. Darn! So, how long do I wait until I can file a trouble ticket, or shouldn't I bother? :(

Unfortunately, since this is a freebie, you can't file a trouble ticket for this offer. Sorry.

jfrog
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Just checking on this one...has anyone received their start up package or scale yet? I think I signed up for this one on the day it was posted , maybe 10 days ago? Maybe it's too soon to be looking for this stuff in the mail-patience, patience!! lol

jfrog
01-29-2008, 11:16 PM
bumping please?

askomsky
01-29-2008, 11:19 PM
bumping please?

Nope, been waiting myself!

jfrog
01-30-2008, 09:07 PM
LOL, do ya think it will help if I go out and stand by my mail box and tap my foot??? I really wanna try this out!!! OK, I'm better now!:angel:

Kycha
01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
From what I could tell, you don't need anything other than a printer to be able to use the site. The stamps will print out right on any old envelope. I signed up during crazy credits and was able to access my account and use the $5.00 credit right away.

askomsky
01-30-2008, 11:12 PM
From what I could tell, you don't need anything other than a printer to be able to use the site. The stamps will print out right on any old envelope. I signed up during crazy credits and was able to access my account and use the $5.00 credit right away.

When I tried to do it, signed in to print etc it told me to wait until my kit came for the special paper before I did anything, bc that's what I've been waiting for also. My printer probably wouldn't like the envelopes anyway.

Kycha
01-30-2008, 11:18 PM
When I tried to do it, signed in to print etc it told me to wait until my kit came for the special paper before I did anything, bc that's what I've been waiting for also. My printer probably wouldn't like the envelopes anyway.

Hmmm. Well that is not good. How much longer until your free month is up?

askomsky
01-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Hmmm. Well that is not good. How much longer until your free month is up?

I think 2 more weeks, but I made a note to call/email on Monday if I don't see anything before then.
What really stinks is this is one I didn't get the credit for either, but was one that I really wanted to try out for a while!

jfrog
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
OK...getting a little miffed with this stamps.com thing...I was also told to wait for the welcome kit before printing anything. As far as I can tell, I signed up for this one on 1/9. So far no kit and I cannot for the life of me remember a welcome email. So I called the 888 number I got off the site and they can't find me in their system. When I sign in to stamps.com, my info pops up, but I can't find an account number anywhere. I also can't remember which email I used to sign up for this one. I'm 98% sure I used my reg. email so I wouldn't delete anything from them by mistake. The gal on the phone asked me for my phone number and user name but said she couldn't track anything without the email I used to sign up or my account number. I haven't a clue where to find the account number - I have searched the pages with my other info and there isn't one.

Having said all of that.....my 30 day trial is up 2/9 I would assume. This one has a 2/15 credit pending date - do you think that has anything to do with anything? I'm stuck-I really wanted to give this a try-I am worried that my cc will be billed for the 1st month after the trial period is over and I haven't received anything from them as far as a kit - they don't have me in their system, but I can sign in to the site and find my name, address, cc info...any suggestions?? TIA!

Shadey55
02-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I just opened it up to print some stamps, but it said my trial period was over. Meanwhile, I never received the welcome kit either...is anyone having any luck with this?

Kycha
02-12-2008, 10:05 PM
I never received a welcome kit either, but did print some stamps.

Belle
02-13-2008, 02:44 AM
I never received a welcome kit either, but did print some stamps.
Same here.

I am worried that my cc will be billed for the 1st month after the trial period is over and I haven't received anything from them as far as a kit
I can tell you from experience that they do charge your cc immediately after your trial period had ended.