PDA

View Full Version : User Infractions

SunshineGirl
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
As our board grows bigger, unfortunately it becomes harder to police what is being posted. Anyone who has been here more than a day knows that we do not tolerate 1) SPAM, 2) insults to our members, and 3) inappropriate behavior. So it only stands to reason that we start to do something about it.

Effective immediately, an Infraction System has been added to the forum. This will allow the moderators to give warnings and "points" for people who violate the rules. Please understand that these are not personal attacks in any way but just a better way for us to track what is happening in the forum, educate members about forum policies, and keep the site at optimum operation.

Right now we are starting with 5 categories of infractions:

1) Spammed Advertisements
2) Insulting Other Members
3) Signature Rule Violations
4) Inappropriate Language
5) Violation of forum posting rules including discussing cancellations, mentioning competitor sites, or discussing product names from surveys.

Our goal is not to be militant about these, but we do need to be consistent. You will receive a "warning" on your first violation unless the violation is so egregious that the MOD feels the need to assess a point. In the coming days, we will determine what the penalty for incurring multiple points will be. My hope is that we never get that far and that the warnings themselves will serve our purposes.

Please feel free to discuss this with us. We want to ensure that our forum continues to not only be a fun place to be but also not a liability in terms of losing advertisers for Sunshine Rewards.

Rules can be found in this thread -> http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1

wilsonfamily4
01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Understood and understand! :)

luvhockey
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
UH OH! I think this is an I'm the Momma moment !!!

Seriously though, I understand that to keep our community as sunshiny as it is now the rules need to be enforced.

We are in our terrible two's now. :cry:

Angela

lanny76
01-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Duly warned! I don't like to get into trouble or cause it, so you won't have to worry about me - and hopefully no one else either. For all I've seen so far, this has been a very clean wholesome forum and I'm glad for and respect the definite efforts to keep it that way.

askomsky
01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
SOunds good to me, I've seen how much it's grown in 3 months, and it will keep on growing which is a good thing, but rules are made for a reason!!

I've been guilty of it in the past and i know I try hard to watch what I'm doing, but you as a business owner need to do what's best for you!

I agree with it 100%.

cglaura
01-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Can someone tell me where the rules for Signatures are (for rule #3)? Or is that just you can't post referrals links (other than your SR#) etc. I remember vaguely reading about them but can't find it now.

Didn't know about the product names, thought you just couln't get in depth specific, but now I do!

sunshinecindy
01-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Am I by any chance exempt :eek:

jnorth1007
01-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Here is the link to the forum rules thread. It is sometimes updated so it is always good to check back occasionaly.

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1

m 'n c
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Can someone tell me where the rules for Signatures are (for rule #3)? Or is that just you can't post referrals links (other than your SR#) etc. I remember vaguely reading about them but can't find it now.

Didn't know about the product names, thought you just couln't get in depth specific, but now I do!

Its located in the SR Forum rules.

jnorth1007
01-10-2008, 11:28 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: Heck no you get double infractions :rotfl: Although Tricia is the only one with the authority to give the mods (including you) infractions Good luck on that one

cglaura
01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Its located in the SR Forum rules.

:giggle:

I knew that I was just testing you! Seriously though, thanks. That's the exact page I remember seeing.

bs4free
01-10-2008, 11:30 PM
LOL I was going to ask that! :)

While i do not like that it has come to the infraction system (DIS has it too) I know exactly why it is needed!

The Terriable Two's and Not-The-Momma.... OK enough jokeing!

I think this will be a quick way to help remind us when we have gone alittle too far off course and make the MOD's Jobs much eaiser as i see they have been working overtime these last few days!

m 'n c
01-10-2008, 11:30 PM
:giggle:

I knew that I was just testing you! Seriously though, thanks. That's the exact page I remember seeing.

Yeah we have some stuff kinda all over the place so probably some housekeeping on rules is in order. I can't remember if I put the survey thing in there as well as in the Daily Survey Sticky.

As a rule of thumb - normally you can find reminders/hints in the first post of most stickies.

cglaura
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
What constitutes a graphic? Since we're only allowed three.

Is a ticker considered a graphic?

I took out my penquin b/c I was paranoid I was breaking the rules.

m 'n c
01-10-2008, 11:33 PM

I am not sure on that one. If so I'm in violation as well by accident.

jnorth1007
01-10-2008, 11:34 PM
This really isn't about us trying to make things uncomfortable. We REALLY have things easy around here for the most part. We just have a few things (mostly those mentioned in the infraction list) (specifically the last one LOL) that people keep doing without thinking. This is just a way to remind them in a way that will be taken seriously so that we don't continue to have the same issues that could potentially lead to major advertiser issues. I think for the most part the rest is all hands off. Certainly I think we can have fun with Angela's husband thread and threads that are similar and noone would have issues. The only time we have issues is when it is something that can cause problems for SR. I don't want anyone to feel like we think that you guys are out of hand. I for one feel really blessed to have such great forum members who are so kind and loving to each other. Thanks guys for making my job easier and understanding.

faithhope
01-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I know most of us don't want to break the rules, so I welcome clear rules and an enforcement system.
Thank you... and I hope it is rarely needed.

jnorth1007
01-10-2008, 11:37 PM
If you can get the graphics into the signature as the program was originally set up you are ok. If you have to use other programs to fit everything then you may have an issue. This one is really about being courteous to other people. We do have some people who are still on dial up LOL and large images could cause issues for them with reading the forum. If it gets to hard for them to load the posts because of signatures then they won't bother and we will lose posters.

m 'n c
01-10-2008, 11:38 PM

I think for the most part Tricia doesn't want us circumventing the 6 line limit that we see in control panel by doing lots of tinyurls and having tons of graphics running all over or pictures that take up half the screen because it affects the server response time and other member's ability to load pages. I personally wouldn't give an infraction over something like my siggy but if you added another picture or made them bigger then yeah I probably would but this isn't my board so whatever Tricia says goes.

cglaura
01-10-2008, 11:43 PM
I figured I was probably ok w/ my signature, just wanted to play it safe.

Catherine, I just read the post in the rules you made on Dec 27th (that's why I didn't know about that!). I completely miss that anytime I look there b/c I always just look at the 1st post. Is there anyway for you to add your 2 rules to the list of rules in the top/Tricia's post? I know when trying to find things quick I miss stuff below thinking they are just replies to the original sticky.

m 'n c
01-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah I'll move it up.

kimntrent
01-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Wow we really are two. I can't believe it. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Kim

SunshineGirl
01-11-2008, 12:11 AM
For the most part, the stuff that we would be issuing is stuff that we already kind of are. For example, when someone spams our board right now, the MODS have to email me or Cindy to get us to pull their accounts. Now the MODS can issue them infractions so that they won't be able to post. Or if someone posts something out of line, we usually just send them a PM telling them about it and edit it for them. So we've been doing this all along, just not in an organized way. LOL!

Don't expect to get a warning because you post something like "and she was *****ing me out" or "wait a pain in my ***!". The censors on the board will automatically pick something like that up. Like someone said, those first 4 just came preloaded with the software. We're only looking at violations that make people uncomfortable or jeopardize the site.

As for the signatures, I think the requirements came as defaults in the software as well. We can talk about what's fair and normal and I can change the requirements a little as well. Especially to allow tickers, SM bracelets, and SR banners along with your own little extras.

bs4free
01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Don't expect to get a warning because you post something like "and she was *****ing me out" or "wait a pain in my ***!". The censors on the board will automatically pick something like that up. .

Sorry Just found it a little Fun! Since the censors on the board did not automatically pick that up!

Again We know your going to be Fair! and Everything you do is for the Best of the entire SR Community!

A big :thanks: To Tricia, Kevin, Cindy, Angie, Hedy, Janet, and Catherina You all work so hard! :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
01-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Sorry Just found it a little Fun! Since the censors on the board did not automatically pick that up!

Again We know your going to be Fair! and Everything you do is for the Best of the entire SR Community!

A big :thanks: To Tricia, Kevin, Cindy, Angie, Hedy, Janet, and Catherina You all work so hard! :sunshine:

LOL! That makes me want to post all of the bad words I know just to see what it does and doesn't pick up.

jnorth1007
01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
I fixed the original post on the forum rules sticky so everything is in the first post and is neat and tidy LOL HTH!

cglaura
01-11-2008, 12:21 AM
I fixed the original post on the forum rules sticky so everything is in the first post and is neat and tidy LOL HTH!

Thank you!! (and Catherine and Tricia and anyone else). That helps for slackers like me. :D

SunshineGirl
01-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Silly me....I just realized that while I do have the censor running, I do not have any bad words listed in that!!! So now I get to sit and type every bad word I can think of. LOL! That will pretty much keep everyone from getting an inappropriate language infraction on accident.

Mom2aPrincess
01-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Silly me....I just realized that while I do have the censor running, I do not have any bad words listed in that!!! So now I get to sit and type every bad word I can think of. LOL! That will pretty much keep everyone from getting an inappropriate language infraction on accident.

:rotfl: That sounds like something I would do.....have fun!

jnorth1007
01-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Did you accidently change something that makes the "quote" boxes (the actual quotes) white now and not yellow like they were before. Mine are showing up with a white background when the box with the quote used to have a yellow background lol. Maybe I changed something when I was fooling with the thread fonts LOL

bs4free
01-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Yep that fixed it! LOL Looks like that job could take awhile, They don't have a word filter dictionary already made?!?!

BTW Tricia can you not block the work head that would totally ruin the "Bad Wife" Thread LOL

I noticed the quote boxes to Janet my bet is it had to have happened with Tricia tuned on the word filter! but it seems to be fixed now!

m 'n c
01-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Did you accidently change something that makes the "quote" boxes (the actual quotes) white now and not yellow like they were before. Mine are showing up with a white background when the box with the quote used to have a yellow background lol. Maybe I changed something when I was fooling with the thread fonts LOL

just testing to see if that did change.

jfrog
01-11-2008, 12:32 AM
ACK!!! Me thinks me blew one of those rules yesterday when asking about a cancellation regarding one of the offers.......double oops!!-:( THank you so much for reminding us that we DO need reminders sometimes!! SR has got to be the most warm and relaxing place to be on the planet and I am so glad to be a member!! Now I have to go count the graphics in my siggy..lol...I was just so thrilled with myself when I figured out how to add stuff...now I hafta look and make sure I didn't go overboard. Thanks for making SR such a wonderful haven!!:sunshine:

jnorth1007
01-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Yep it is fixed now LOL

Blessing and Miracle
01-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Do I need to take my big ol' snowman down? I will if I have to. No biggie!

Kycha
01-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Thanks for reminding us of the rules. I hadn't read them since joining back in May and there have been a few changes.

Magical JenK
01-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Awww..our little forum is growing up! :clap: When I first saw "infractions" I was afraid that there was some bad talk going on in the threads & I had visions of another board dancing through my head & that mad me sad. But I'm glad to see that is just a regular ol' rule & it's just something that is being reminded w/consequences now!

I very much enjoy my time on these boards & I sincerely think of all of you as friends. Thank you Tricia & all the MODs who make this a safe, friendly & fun, fun, & fun place to be!! It's so sunshiney here!! :sunshine:

jnorth1007
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
lets put a moratorium (is that the word?) lol on worrying about the size of signatures for right now. Tricia and SGuy are discussing it and we are trying to figure out what is fair to you guys while also keeping in mind the efficient running of the server and the fairness to those who have a slow internet connection. We will let you know when/if the time comes that we will hand out any warnings for signatures before that time comes. So the graphics have a reprieve for now.

linanglab
01-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I hope that my DH's thread isn't too bad. I did worry about that earlier, and then I saw this thread. It was really all in fun, and kept getting sillier. Please someone pm me if they are offended or something.

jnorth1007
01-11-2008, 11:07 AM
It is TOTALLY fine Angela. We aren't wanting to curb any of the fun or police anything that has to do with real life. The only area we HAVE to police is the things that affect advertisers. This includes discussing cancellations, private phones, prepaid credit cards, fraudulent information, non SR merchants, SR competitors, and survey products. These are the major areas of concern since they can cause us trouble with the advertisers. I think your thread is the most hilarious ever LOL

wilsonfamily4
01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I hope that my DH's thread isn't too bad. I did worry about that earlier, and then I saw this thread. It was really all in fun, and kept getting sillier. Please someone pm me if they are offended or something.

Truthfully I think those who would be offended may not even get it. :rotfl: I think we can be silly like that and just remember not to take it too far. I wouldn't worry to much Angela

linanglab
01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
It is TOTALLY fine Angela. We aren't wanting to curb any of the fun or police anything that has to do with real life. The only area we HAVE to police is the things that affect advertisers. This includes discussing cancellations, private phones, prepaid credit cards, fraudulent information, non SR merchants, SR competitors, and survey products. These are the major areas of concern since they can cause us trouble with the advertisers. I think your thread is the most hilarious ever LOL

Well...that makes me feel better....you have to give Lisa credit for the funniness! For going through everything she is going through, she sure has some humor!

mom2dea
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
editing what I posted .

m 'n c
01-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I hope this had nothing to do with my post last night . I think I need to start keeping my mouth shut ....

It had nothing to do with that post. It was something that has been in ongoing discussions for a few months if that makes you feel better. It started with the board spammers and kinda evolved.

m4travels
01-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Just a quick thanks to Tricia and the mods for taking care of the board! Time to start testing words for Tricia. I've got a BIG list! Let me know when you'd like me to start!

SunshineGirl
01-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Michael, you are just an infraction waiting to happen. LOL!!!

Yeah...I was supposed to get this whole thing done months ago and just got bogged down. But we got spammed again a couple of mornings ago and decided enough was enough. Usually most of you do not even see those because one of the MODS deletes them pretty fast. But it is one thing to delete the post and something different to be able to get in there and ban them from the board. With the infraction system, the MODS can do that now, too.

Magical JenK
01-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Just a quick thanks to Tricia and the mods for taking care of the board! Time to start testing words for Tricia. I've got a BIG list! Let me know when you'd like me to start!

I can help w/this too! I have a big ol' potty mouth!!

Yeah...I was supposed to get this whole thing done months ago and just got bogged down. But we got spammed again a couple of mornings ago and decided enough was enough. Usually most of you do not even see those because one of the MODS deletes them pretty fast. But it is one thing to delete the post and something different to be able to get in there and ban them from the board. With the infraction system, the MODS can do that now, too.

Tricia-You guys rock! You're right! I've never seen anything, so thank you for protecting our forum!!

m4travels
01-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Michael, you are just an infraction waiting to happen. LOL!!!

Sister, ain't that the truth!

fourfoxesinpa
05-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Can I make a suggestion? Could SR update the T&C to include these notes? They haven't been updated since 2006 and there have been a lot of tweaks to what is allowed. I apologize for having a note pulled because I made a reference to a referral. I had read the T&C and they only addressed "spamming," which I didn't do so I was really confused as to why my post was pulled and then I found this thread. It can be confusing if rules are in two places. Or, at least, amend the T&C to direct people to this thread so it's easy to know what all the rules are. Again, I apologize if I posted something inappropriate but when I posted, I didn't think it was not in line with the terms. My bad.

Thanks!

sunshinecindy
05-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Can I make a suggestion? Could SR update the T&C to include these notes? They haven't been updated since 2006 and there have been a lot of tweaks to what is allowed. I apologize for having a note pulled because I made a reference to a referral. I had read the T&C and they only addressed "spamming," which I didn't do so I was really confused as to why my post was pulled and then I found this thread. It can be confusing if rules are in two places. Or, at least, amend the T&C to direct people to this thread so it's easy to know what all the rules are. Again, I apologize if I posted something inappropriate but when I posted, I didn't think it was not in line with the terms. My bad.

Thanks!

Heres the very first line of the General Rules:

General Rules:
1) Do not spam the board. This includes posting advertisements, links to other sites where you are promoting other rewards programs, and posting the same message in multiple places.

Just because they aren't blantant about rewards, they could possibly be promoting some of the same places that we do, they have to make their money some how in order for you to play games for free, they just hide it.

SunshineGirl
05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
One of the good things about the User Infraction system that we have set up is that we can do just "Warnings" if we think that people may not know the rules or the rules are not specific enough. It's just a way for us to be able to give specific information about the rules without a member really getting into any "trouble" or having their membership in danger.

fourfoxesinpa
05-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks, Cindy. I understand the General Rules but unfortunately didn't read them until after I reviewed the T&Cs and posted a thread. I just think it might be helpful to avoid confusion in the future if the link to the Forum Rules be added to the T&C just like it was added to the "User Infraction" thread in January by Cate.

Again, my apologies.