PDA

View Full Version : Any Face Cream Recommendations???

~Kathie
03-05-2011, 12:15 AM
My first and only moisturizer has been Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin cream. The last time I went to buy it, I couldn't find it in the stores not realizing it had been discontinued. I found it on Amazon and bought several jars.

I'm down to 1 jar and no one has it. Not ebay, not Amazon. I've read the reviews of the new cream Olay has and they aren't good. :(

Does anyone have any recommendations for a face cream?? I need a cream, not a lotion. It has to be for sensitive skin, not greasy and fragrance free. SPF 15 would be good too.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

pbhall13
03-05-2011, 12:25 AM
we tend to like the mario badescu line. Can't recommend a specific face cream by them, but you could always find a local store that carries products and they are wonderful with giving samples (one is called caviar and people tend to love it)

happymom
03-05-2011, 10:39 AM
I love Philosophy skincare products. They do not irritate my skin. Hope in a Jar is nice. They do have a sensitive skin version. Some of their products have SPF too!:sunshine:

speechteachri
03-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi Kathie.

I have started using CereVe products. I use the AM and PM lotions. The AM is SPF 30. I have very dry, very sensitive skin, and my rosacea has gotten really bad. I have a lot of flaking of my skin, so I need something that is not too thin. Although these are listed as lotions, they are thicker than the typical lotions. I used to use Oil of Olay for sensitive skin a long time ago, and these are thicker than that. I like them so far, and they don't seem to break me out. They were recommended by my dermatologist. I purchase them through drugstore.com and they are under $15, so they might be worth your while to try. You can also get them at local drug stores, I believe.

Good luck!

KimCh
03-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I second the Cerave recommendation. I use the the cream and I buy it at Walgreens. I use it head to toe everyday and again on my face at night. I buy this and give it as gifts. It is fabulous. It was recommended by my dermatologist. My husband even comments how soft my skin is. The best part is that your skin is so smooth and soft it makes shaving easier somehow so I dont get nicks anymore. Everyone tells me I need to get a job selling it!!

PSL1013
03-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I love Philosophy but it is expensive. Check out the First Aid Beauty line at Sephora...great stuff, never tried the facial creams but I'm on my second jar of the Ultra Repair cream, I love it.

DarcyDog
03-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I only use philosophy's Hope in a Jar. It's simply the best. Also, it is ALWAYS on Oprah's Favorite Things giveaway.

~Kathie
03-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have a sample of Hope in a Jar. It has fragrance so that one is out.

I checked out the CereVe products and CVS only had the giant jars. I saw that drugstore.com had a smaller size. I may get that to try. The ingredients looked okay and no fragrance.

Pam H.......do you know what stores sell the mario badescu line?

I cruised through CVS yesterday and there really isn't that much out there in a cream for sensitive skin. I don't know how some companies can claim their product is for sensitive skin if they add fragrance. I still have some Oil of Olay left.....enough so I have time to find something.

If you think of anything else.......please post. Thanks!

pbhall13
03-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have a sample of Hope in a Jar. It has fragrance so that one is out.

I checked out the CereVe products and CVS only had the giant jars. I saw that drugstore.com had a smaller size. I may get that to try. The ingredients looked okay and no fragrance.

Pam H.......do you know what stores sell the mario badescu line?

I cruised through CVS yesterday and there really isn't that much out there in a cream for sensitive skin. I don't know how some companies can claim their product is for sensitive skin if they add fragrance. I still have some Oil of Olay left.....enough so I have time to find something.

If you think of anything else.......please post. Thanks!

here is a link that shows the stores in RI that sells Mario B. products

http://www.mariobadescu.com/Mario-Badescu-Retail-Locations

Honestly the samples are great to really find out if you like the product... good luck

SunshineGirl
03-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I use a lot of different products because I am a sample junkie. But I do use quite a few Mario Badescu products as well. I don't think that we have any coupons up right now for them. :(

pbhall13
03-08-2011, 11:33 PM
I use a lot of different products because I am a sample junkie. But I do use quite a few Mario Badescu products as well. I don't think that we have any coupons up right now for them. :(

Tricia, sorry not trying to deter anyone from buying thru SR (percent back is pretty good, and they do give out samples !!

My 11 yr old uses 3 products: drying cream, enzyme cleansing gel and cucumber cleansing lotion

we also have the botanical boday soap (my 8 yr old loves)

Since I was looking for my young daughter I wanted to make sure the products were gentle enough, but also worked. They are very helpful and tend to have NY reps in a lot to help with analyzing skin and recommending products (and they don't oversell)

We now know what we (she) likes and can replenish thru SR site!!

~Kathie
03-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Great Pam......thanks for the link!!

I would love to be able to order from SR but honestly, I don't want to spend the money if the product isn't going to work for me. Everything is so expensive. Glad you were able to find what worked for your daughter.

I wish I could use all the samples of products I have. I usually send a big bag into the restaurant and the girls go crazy. Such a simple thing and it makes them so happy.

Tricia, since you are a sample junkie, is there any face cream (moisturizer) you have that is for sensitive skin and fragrance free?? I'll take all the suggestions I can get.

I really haven't looked online. I actually forgot that MB was a SR merchant. That will be the next step.

Thanks!

speechteachri
03-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi Kathie.

After posting about the CeraVe products, I wanted to update you. The day lotion with SPF is nice and thick, but the night lotion is not as thick as I was thinking it was...don't know why I didn't realize this when I posted last, as I use it every night...BUT my skin is VERY dry and I have problems with peeling, and it is ok for me. When I wake up in the morning, my nose is a little dry, but that is all. You may want to try the general cream. The products are, I believe, the most recommended by dermatologists because they don't have a lot of extra junk in them. They were one of the only products on my use list after I went through recent allergy testing.

Good luck once again!

~Kathie
03-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi Kathie.

After posting about the CeraVe products, I wanted to update you. The day lotion with SPF is nice and thick, but the night lotion is not as thick as I was thinking it was...don't know why I didn't realize this when I posted last, as I use it every night...BUT my skin is VERY dry and I have problems with peeling, and it is ok for me. When I wake up in the morning, my nose is a little dry, but that is all. You may want to try the general cream. The products are, I believe, the most recommended by dermatologists because they don't have a lot of extra junk in them. They were one of the only products on my use list after I went through recent allergy testing.

Good luck once again!

Thanks Leslie. I did see the night, the AM and the general at CVS but all were large sizes. I'm going to check Walgreens today and if that doesn't pan out, I'm going to email the company for a sample. Drugstore.com does carry it if I decide that's the one.

My skin is normal, neither dry or oily. Usually it's the fragrance that affects me. I can wear perfume, just can't have it in any lotions or creams.

PSL1013
03-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Great Pam......thanks for the link!!

I would love to be able to order from SR but honestly, I don't want to spend the money if the product isn't going to work for me. Everything is so expensive. Glad you were able to find what worked for your daughter.

I wish I could use all the samples of products I have. I usually send a big bag into the restaurant and the girls go crazy. Such a simple thing and it makes them so happy.

Tricia, since you are a sample junkie, is there any face cream (moisturizer) you have that is for sensitive skin and fragrance free?? I'll take all the suggestions I can get.

I really haven't looked online. I actually forgot that MB was a SR merchant. That will be the next step.

Thanks!

Have you ever used anything in the Cetaphil line?
http://www.cetaphil.com/Products/MoisturizingCream.aspx

speechteachri
03-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks Leslie. I did see the night, the AM and the general at CVS but all were large sizes. I'm going to check Walgreens today and if that doesn't pan out, I'm going to email the company for a sample. Drugstore.com does carry it if I decide that's the one.

My skin is normal, neither dry or oily. Usually it's the fragrance that affects me. I can wear perfume, just can't have it in any lotions or creams.

No fragrance that I can detect in the CereVe.

Three4Me
03-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I have extremely sensitive skin as well as dry. I like the Aveeno line and they have several oil free and fragrance free. I too was dedicated to the Olay, sensitive skin and I am almost out of my last jar! :(((( My dermatologist also suggested Cetephil Hydrating lotion. It is non-comedogenic and and fragrance free.