PDA

View Full Version : NEW Warning when posting?!?!

bs4free
01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Is this NEW! when posting have not seen it before or is it just me....

Warning! Please do not post regarding cancellations, prepaid credit cards, the use of fraudulent information (including false phone numbers), recommendations for merchants not listed on Sunshine Rewards, or the names of any of the brands you encounter during Daily Surveys. Failure to follow these rules will result in infractions.

MrsWonka
01-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I noticed it too Brian. Just started.

LuvMyBoys
01-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I didn't notice the part about "recommendations for merchants not listed on Sunshine Rewards"??? :confused:

bs4free
01-17-2008, 04:39 PM
That must have been what tricia was doing in the admin control panel at about 3:20 Eastern today, and i thought she was deleting my other thread...

SunshineGirl
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I figured it might save people the trouble of having to look at the stickies so often if I put the biggest problems that we see right there in the post area. That way, even new people will be more likely to not break the rules on accident. I think a lot of people break them without knowing it. Hopefully this will help.

bs4free
01-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I figured it might save people the trouble of having to look at the stickies so often if I put the biggest problems that we see right there in the post area. That way, even new people will be more likely to not break the rules on accident. I think a lot of people break them without knowing it. Hopefully this will help.
I think it can not help but stick out, but after a few posts with it showing up. Its not as annoying, and a good reminder every time we type a reply or start a new post!

Thanks Tricia for finding anohter way to bring these reminders to us! :woohoo: :sunshine:

lanny76
01-17-2008, 04:57 PM
I just noticed it too - how can you forget the warning when it is jumping right into your face!! Hopefully it helps.

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 05:00 PM

Caught my attention! Good idea! Thanks

askomsky
01-17-2008, 05:04 PM
? about recomendations for merchants not listed on the site. Do you mean saying postive or negative about a store that SR doesn't use?
Can we say "hey store XYZ is having a huge sale this weekend" if XYZ is not a store.

Not that I want to or need to, just wanted a little clarification on it.

Thanks!
April

SunshineGirl
01-17-2008, 05:37 PM
This is something that we went around and around about for a long time and decided that it just wasn't fair to our merchants to list their competitors for free. Take for example a couple of very popular bath places. One of them is paying to be listed on SR. Another one thinks that it is a waste of money to pay to be on SR. If members start posting about sales for the second one, all it tells them is that they can get the free publicity and there is no need to pay to be listed on our site.

mom2dea
01-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Can we still ask for these companys ? Just not talk about sales from these other companys ???

jnorth1007
01-17-2008, 07:43 PM
You can post a request for companies that SR doesn't have on the shopping request thread. I would just ask that everyone do a thread search using the search function first to check if it has been requested before.

jnorth1007
01-17-2008, 07:48 PM
I didn't notice the part about "recommendations for merchants not listed on Sunshine Rewards"??? :confused:

I just wanted to clarify what this section means. It means that you can't post an advertisement/message/head's up on merchants that SR doesn't carry. This would include saying XYZ is having a great sale if XYZ is not an SR merchant. What IS allowed is that you can post on the shopping requests thread that XYZ merchant be added to affiliate program. This way Tricia will know what merchants and types of merchants you are looking for. This will also keep us from giving really great advertising and word of mouth to merchants who are too cheap to use SR. This really does work out for the best for all of us. Alot of times if we don't have the merchant you are looking for Tricia can find a similar company who can be added.

askomsky
01-17-2008, 09:12 PM
I just wanted to clarify what this section means. It means that you can't post an advertisement/message/head's up on merchants that SR doesn't carry. This would include saying XYZ is having a great sale if XYZ is not an SR merchant. What IS allowed is that you can post on the shopping requests thread that XYZ merchant be added to affiliate program. This way Tricia will know what merchants and types of merchants you are looking for. This will also keep us from giving really great advertising and word of mouth to merchants who are too cheap to use SR. This really does work out for the best for all of us. Alot of times if we don't have the merchant you are looking for Tricia can find a similar company who can be added.

Thanks Janet and Tricia, that's what I was trying to get clarification on.
I recall several times commeting on how much I like a certain co. for a certain product, which wasn't an SR advertiser at the time. I was merely trying to give my opinion, but I can see how it would effect the other company's.
Thanks for the info!!!
April

bs4free
01-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Quick questions abou the merchants not listed... can we still talk about or recomend "services" may be considerd merchats to other that are not on SR or dont have affliates...

Example I am going to disney at got a gract CCC discount or i am looking for a CCC travel agent.

Or when planing a disney vacation i use VIO he has a great website with lots of useful info.

Note all company names have been changed incase the answer is NO!!!!

I just wanted to ensure i knew what was OK and what was not! Thanks

m 'n c
01-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Quick questions abou the merchants not listed... can we still talk about or recomend "services" may be considerd merchats to other that are not on SR or dont have affliates...

Example I am going to disney at got a gract CCC discount or i am looking for a CCC travel agent.

Or when planing a disney vacation i use VIO he has a great website with lots of useful info.

Note all company names have been changed incase the answer is NO!!!!

I just wanted to ensure i knew what was OK and what was not! Thanks

When in doubt ask a moderator before posting or pm the person and do your recommending that way.

jnorth1007
01-17-2008, 10:32 PM
If you can get it on SR, whether it is a good or service, you CANNOT discuss non-SR merchants.

SunshineGirl
01-17-2008, 10:51 PM
I trust our moderators implicitly that when in doubt, they will ask an SR staff member how we feel or at worst edit the post. I can't see them giving infractions to people willy nilly. We all just need to trust that they do their best to keep the ship afloat around here (for very little credit) and wouldn't penalize someone needlessly. For the most part, this is NOT an area of the rule that we have had a lot of problems with. Far an away the biggest problem areas are talking about cancelling offers, using brand names in daily survey discussions, and instructing people on how to "get around" the fair way of doing offers with semi-bogus information.

bs4free
01-17-2008, 11:04 PM
I trust our moderators implicitly that when in doubt, they will ask an SR staff member how we feel or at worst edit the post. I can't see them giving infractions to people willy nilly. We all just need to trust that they do their best to keep the ship afloat around here (for very little credit) and wouldn't penalize someone needlessly. For the most part, this is NOT an area of the rule that we have had a lot of problems with. Far an away the biggest problem areas are talking about cancelling offers, using brand names in daily survey discussions, and instructing people on how to "get around" the fair way of doing offers with semi-bogus information.
Thanks Tricia, I know that the Mods do a great job! and are perfect for the job they are doing! They do so much I am sure its very Little they are getting for what they do, and we are all glad they do what they do, becuase thats why the forum is so neat and spam is deleted, and they have helped us remember to not use BRAND names! and the other biggies, becuase we want to have fun and help each other on the boards, but we would not at all like to cause SR any damage WE all :love: it too MUCH!

My last questions was only asked because i know i have seen and posted in thread like that and wanted to make sure that if that mentiones like that were no longer wanted (should not have been in the first place) are not contuined on..

Again this is new (same rules) just better enforcment, notice and explanations of what they are! :thanks: :sunshie: :hugs:

sunshinecindy
01-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Good rule of thumb, if in doubt, don't post it. Theres nothing that important to post about that it might infringe on the rules.