PDA

View Full Version : Cabbing it from MCO to DTD?

m 'n c
04-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Has anyone ever cabbed it to WDW from the airport? We have a free Saturday night before our cruise and Raglan Road had reservations available so I went for it. We won't have a car though and we are staying at the airport. Just wondering what this will set us back. LOL

dwkay8
04-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I haven't done it, but I use Mears' taxi fare estimator all the time if I want to know stuff like this. Here is a link. (http://www.mearstransportation.com/services/taxi-fare-estimator.asp) I used Typhoon Lagoon as the pick up because I think it's the closest to DTD of everything listed. $46 :eek:

Looks like Hyatt MCO has towncar service - maybe call and see how much that is? It's been a while since I've priced stuff like that up, but I'd imagine it'd be cheaper than $100 round trip taxi.

m 'n c
04-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah I priced some other cab company just now and they said $63 one way. Eek! We are staying at the Hyatt Place and I didn't see shuttle service. I'm thinking of pressing my luck with Priceline and naming my own price on a car for the day.

m 'n c
04-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Score! I did the name your own price on Priceline and got a mid-size for $22/day. Ends up being $36 with taxes and fees.

dwkay8
04-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Score! I did the name your own price on Priceline and got a mid-size for $22/day. Ends up being $36 with taxes and fees.

That's a great deal, and a lot cheaper than any other options it seems! Now you can go wherever you want :)

m 'n c
04-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Yup! I think there is a Bloomingdales in Orlando. I <3 that store.

momof3lovebugs
04-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Can I just say how JEALOUS I am that you are going to RR and have the opportunity to have the BEST bread pudding on the face of the planet??? :D I need a little green guy for an emoticon!! Have a wonderful time!! :party:

PSL1013
04-05-2011, 09:16 PM
I've been to RR a couple of times...Love the Shepherds Pie! YUM!

m 'n c
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm looking forward to the band and the cloggers. Oh and some Murphy's Irish Red on draft. Not sure what we'll eat this time around. I'll have to look at the menu.