PDA

View Full Version : Delayed... :(

3dog2kidmom
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Who wants to have a pity party with me?! :(

So we got to the airport at 2:30 for our 4:30 flight, only to learn that our flight is delayed because of mechanical problems. They are re-routing another plane to take us and said to come back at 1 am!! Good thing we live really close to the airport. I am so disappointed, though, and I hate it when people mess with my plans!!!

So I was able to cancel the hotel in Clearwater with no charge (thank Goodness), delay the rental car, and we will (should?!) land by 6:00 tomorrow and will just drive straight to Disney (after waitng an hour for the Dollar counter to open).

We have absolutely no food in the house so stopped for a couple of frozen pizzas on the way home, I took a nap for a few hours and DH put the kids to bed at 7 and hopefully he'll get a few winks here so everyone gets a bit of sleep before heading back to the airport. And I guess we'll sleep on the plane.

Waaaaa!!! I hate it when my plans get messed up. But the good news is we should still get to Disney when planned and we'll be there in time for the P&P party tomorrow night. And DH is getting to watch football he wouldn't have otherwise.

ligrumpygirl
01-20-2008, 11:00 PM
ugh! That stinks!

Did the airline compensate you for the problem????

bs4free
01-20-2008, 11:00 PM
good news you can keep your disney plans as planed sorry about the delay, but if its a mechancial problem, i am glad that they found it before you got on the plane, :hugs: and :sunshine: for a safe trip! and a Fun Trip!

3dog2kidmom
01-20-2008, 11:02 PM
ugh! That stinks!

Did the airline compensate you for the problem????

No! I will officially complain after this is all over. They're just lucky I didn't break down and cry right there at their counter.

3dog2kidmom
01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
good news you can keep your disney plans as planed sorry about the delay, but if its a mechancial problem, i am glad that they found it before you got on the plane, :hugs: and :sunshine: for a safe trip! and a Fun Trip!

Me too. Thanks, Bryan!

mjjmbnmm
01-20-2008, 11:21 PM
sorry about the delay, I hope you have a great trip once you get there.

DisneyMa
01-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Good thing you live close enough to go back to your own home for the night. Hope all is well tomorrow morning. Have a safe trip.:mickey:

JillyFish
01-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Oh Shelly, I'm so sorry your got delayed. I hope by now you are on your way back to the airport and everything is okay!!!

arob414
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
I am sorry about the delay but I could just feel my heart racing reading how close ya'll are to being in WDW. Only Disney Nuts can get excited about someone else's imminent Disney trip.:rotfl:

Have a great time and I hope this is your only hassle while on your trip.

askomsky
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey Shelly,

I didn't see anything on the other board so I hope that means you left ok and everything is going back to plan!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get home!

April

m 'n c
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Hope yall made it on the flight this morning. Have a great time and post some pictures when you get a chance.

linanglab
01-21-2008, 01:20 PM
You should be there and having a wonderful time! Enjoy yourself, and try to forget about the plane thing. I am sure you will not let that ruin your vacation!

bs4free
01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Hope your having a great second day at disney today! Have fun keep safe, and cant wait for you to get back!

3dog2kidmom
01-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! We made it, and now we are home.

We had a wonderful time... the Pirate & Princess party is a DO NOT MISS event! I'll share some more later, including photos, but wanted to check in and say hi.

zoodoyle
01-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Glad it worked out and that you had a great time! Can't wait to hear more!! :sunshine:

linanglab
01-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Glad you made it home! Can't wait for the pics and hearing about the trip. I would love to go to a princess/pirate party. I heard those are wonderful! Welcome home!

bs4free
01-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Glad you made it and had fun and made it back safe, can not wait for more info and pics! :woohoo:

JillyFish
01-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Welcome home Shelly!!! Glad to hear you had a good trip. Can't wait to hear all about it!

wilsonfamily4
01-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Glad you are back! I am looking forward to the pictures and trip report.

Magical JenK
01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Welcome home! Can't wait to see the photos & hear about your trip!!

Blessing and Miracle
01-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Who wants to have a pity party with me?! :(

So we got to the airport at 2:30 for our 4:30 flight, only to learn that our flight is delayed because of mechanical problems. They are re-routing another plane to take us and said to come back at 1 am!! Good thing we live really close to the airport. I am so disappointed, though, and I hate it when people mess with my plans!!!

So I was able to cancel the hotel in Clearwater with no charge (thank Goodness), delay the rental car, and we will (should?!) land by 6:00 tomorrow and will just drive straight to Disney (after waitng an hour for the Dollar counter to open).

We have absolutely no food in the house so stopped for a couple of frozen pizzas on the way home, I took a nap for a few hours and DH put the kids to bed at 7 and hopefully he'll get a few winks here so everyone gets a bit of sleep before heading back to the airport. And I guess we'll sleep on the plane.

Waaaaa!!! I hate it when my plans get messed up. But the good news is we should still get to Disney when planned and we'll be there in time for the P&P party tomorrow night. And DH is getting to watch football he wouldn't have otherwise.

I know you are disappointed in the delay, but thank God they realized they had mechanical problems BEFORE you guys were up in the air! Everything happens for a reason! Try to get some rest and before you know it you will be on your way again. Have fun!

3dog2kidmom
01-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Thank you everyone for sympathizing with me!

While I ponder how to put a trip report together, I thought I'd share a photo of our very tired 3dogfamily FINALLY arriving at the Magic Kingdom... this was taken around 4:30 pm. We had been up since the previous morning at 6 am --- not exactly what I'd call well-rested for the Pirate & Princess Party, but we persevered and stayed until the end!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/mlhays/IMGP0733.jpg

linanglab
01-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Very nice picture! It looks a little cold. Of course, anything beats the temperature in the teens with a negative wind chill that we are getting here!