PDA

View Full Version : DH's company teams up with Disney

JillyFish
01-22-2008, 10:43 AM
DH just found out yesterday that the company he works for, Parker Hannifin, is teaming up with the Disney Institute to "help drive the company's customer service to even higher levels." It will basically be an employee training program that concentrates on Disney's level of customer service.

DH and I got a good laugh out of it though. I told him when he hangs up from talking with someone on the phone, he will now be required to say "Have a magical day!" Or offer customers a free Mickey Bar with every gear purchase.

I wonder if PH will have a "Year Of A Million Dreams" or maybe there will be a field trip! :mickey:

fourfoxesinpa
01-22-2008, 10:46 AM
:sunshine2: Wishing a field trip for DH (and I assume you too! :love: )

jnorth1007
01-22-2008, 10:56 AM
The local hospital here send all of its management members to the Disney Institute for training. It is amazing how the "customer" service has changed since they started doing that. Not only are they one of the top 5 companies to work for in the state they also have won many national awards for their patient and employee satisfaction. I am a real believer in the things they teach there as they truly do teach a customer focused culture. Congrats to DH. He will really get alot out of it.

Magical JenK
01-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Oooh a field trip would be ideal!!

sunshinecindy
01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
The local hospital here send all of its management members to the Disney Institute for training. It is amazing how the "customer" service has changed since they started doing that. Not only are they one of the top 5 companies to work for in the state they also have won many national awards for their patient and employee satisfaction. I am a real believer in the things they teach there as they truly do teach a customer focused culture. Congrats to DH. He will really get alot out of it.

Somehow I can't see the hospital saying "have a magical stay" or "would you like a mickey bar with every hospital stay". LOL

Hedy
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I had some Disney Institute trainers as my tourguides in December-they were amazing.

linanglab
01-22-2008, 02:02 PM
There are some people that I would like to send to the institute. Does the Disney Institute except individuals who just need a personality adjustment? LOL

askomsky
01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
There are some people that I would like to send to the institute. Does the Disney Institute except individuals who just need a personality adjustment? LOL

Ohhh Angela you read my mind! lol I was thinking the same thing, then saw your post and had a good laugh!

DH's company Siemens (German based) signed a 12 yr deal last year to provide all lighting/lightbulbs for Disney. We got 17% off our 7 day passes by ordering them through his work which was nice! (Dh's company handles software for hospitals, just one of many different Siemens talents)

linanglab
01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Ohhh Angela you read my mind! lol I was thinking the same thing, then saw your post and had a good laugh!

DH's company Siemens (German based) signed a 12 yr deal last year to provide all lighting/lightbulbs for Disney. We got 17% off our 7 day passes by ordering them through his work which was nice! (Dh's company handles software for hospitals, just one of many different Siemens talents)

That 17 percent is awesome! Do you get to do that EVERY time you go, or was it a one time deal for you! It is nice to have those types of perks through work! We don't get WDW discounts, but since DH works for Cooper Tire, we get discounts on our tires. Boring, but useful!

askomsky
01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
That 17 percent is awesome! Do you get to do that EVERY time you go, or was it a one time deal for you! It is nice to have those types of perks through work! We don't get WDW discounts, but since DH works for Cooper Tire, we get discounts on our tires. Boring, but useful!

Tires are good! Use them more then going to Disney! lol
If I remember reading the form right it was 1 order per calendar year. I think they just don't want you ordering them for family and or friends often.
I do know that we could have bought as many as we liked, so if we knew for sure we were going again in the next year or so we could have bought more.

The only thing was some of your choices were limited. We knew we didnt' want/need a park hopper (first time going and staying off site) and we needed at least 6 days but 7 was probably pushing it bc we had MVMCP tickets to get us in so that was 7, we really weren't planning on going the last day since we had to catch our flight. Anyway we could buy park hoppers, no exp, and water park for 3,4,5 or 6 days but the only regular passes we could buy were 1 or 7 day passes. So needless to say we got the 7 day pass, no big deal we were giving up a day though bc it was still cheaper then anything else I could find. I think the regular price was $219 for an adult 7 day pass, and we got it for $176 or something like that. Kids were $150-160, can't remember exactly. So to answer your question yes we can buy them again but I don't think it can be before Nov 1 08?

bs4free
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
I think The Disney Institute would be a lot of fun! Hey can we book vacations to the Disney Institute? And it would be neat if your DH had to take a field trip to Disney World and the Disney Institute.