PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a neighbor

bellanlivismom
01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Okay, here is the situation. I need suggestions on what to get for a neighbor of ours. DH slipped a disk in his back in October and we have a neighbor who has just been a peach and has been snow blowing out our driveway every time it snows, and in Wisconsin, that is a lot. This is a big job for me to do alone as we live on a hill and so on...I won't bore you with details. But anyway, we need something as a thank you. Any ideas??

THANKS!

m 'n c
01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
do you want like a gift basket with food items or something different than that?

bellanlivismom
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
That could work. I am really open to suggestions. I know that often gift cards get lost and not used so I think that a gift basket of some kind might be better. I thought about the popcorn route but after all the trouble that SR members have had, don't know that I want to give them the business. But it is certainly an option....

m 'n c
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
I was going to suggest either Dale & Thomas (I ordered with no issues, arrived in time, and popcorn tastes excellent) or Cheryl and Co's cookies. I got some from SR around the holidays and they were excellent as well.

bellanlivismom
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks. I had gotten the free sample from dale & Tomas that you only had to pay shipping and it is WONDERFUL!!! I just did not want to get something and have it not be good. You know what I mean?

Thanks again!!

m 'n c
01-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Harry and David is another good option.

linanglab
01-23-2008, 07:31 AM
That is very thoughtful of your neighbor to be doing that for you. I am sure that he is not expecting anything, but it is nice that you want to give him something.

I like the popcorn idea too. I think any basket would be wonderful. I also like the Hickory Farms baskets. I got those for my Dad several times and he was very happy.

Let us know what you decide!

sunshinecindy
01-23-2008, 09:59 AM
If hes a wine drinker, even a nice wine basket.

disney_girl
01-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Another vote for something from Cheryl & Co. I sooooo want some of those frosted cookies! lol

askomsky
01-23-2008, 11:28 PM
If hes a wine drinker, even a nice wine basket.

LOL, I was waiting for that one!

I vote for something from Cheryl and Co, they have really neat stuff.

lmroyea
01-24-2008, 12:13 AM
I had no problems with Dale & Thomas. My Coworkers loved it and so did my family. HTH, if not Cheryl & Co could be good too. I've never personally ordered, but I've heard great things.