PDA

View Full Version : Where did the "Do you have a blog?" Sticky Go?

amdowney
01-23-2008, 06:59 PM
There was a "Do You Have A Blog?" sticky in the just for fun section forum this morning, and I can't find it anywhere. I did a search and came up with nothing. What happened? Thanks =)

SunshineGirl
01-23-2008, 07:42 PM
This was actually a thread that we had been discussing in the moderator's forum for some time because we were afraid it was going to become a place for advertisements that we didn't really want to encourage. We stopped talking about it because no one was posting anymore and kind of forgot about it. Then it started getting attention again and we decided it was best just to not allow any links as opposed to only certain links. Since we only allow posts to SR-related sites or sites that pay to be listed on SR in the forum, we wanted to be fair. Sorry for any confusion!

amdowney
01-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Did my posting my blog site ruin that? I am sorry I thought I followed the rules to a T.

SunshineGirl
01-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Did my posting my blog site ruin that? I am sorry I thought I followed the rules to a T.

No, you definitely followed the rules. The problem is that the rules were kind of pointing in different directions. We posted that we didn't allow people to advertise their websites but then we (I) started a thread encouraging people to post their blogs. I didn't really think it through clearly because I was thinking along the lines of personal blogs when I started the thread rather than blogs that people were making money off of in some way. DOH! So I decided for the sake of consistency that I would just withdraw my thread so as not to cause any more confusion. Mission NOT accomplished. LOL!

amdowney
01-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Okie, thanks for explaining that at least. I appreciate it! =)