PDA

View Full Version : We did it!

Shadey55
01-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, my husband and I just sat down and planned when we will be going to WDW. We've never been!!! We plan on renting a condo and taking the auto train. Our dates are Nov 15 - 22nd! Is this trip going to be as addicting as I think it is?? :cooldance: Any tips anyone can provide would be great! I've been reading the other tips thread too.

Kycha
01-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Well, my husband and I just sat down and planned when we will be going to WDW. We've never been!!! We plan on renting a condo and taking the auto train. Our dates are Nov 15 - 22nd! Is this trip going to be as addicting as I think it is?? :cooldance: Any tips anyone can provide would be great! I've been reading the other tips thread too.

Fantastic! These are the resources I use when planning our trips to WDW:

-www.wdwinfo.com-general planning
-www.disboards.com-great forum with plenty of people to give you advice and tips and tricks
-www.allearsnet.com-great site for meal planning, they have menus from all the wdw restaurants
-www.mousesavers.com-I find all my discount codes(rental car, resorts, tickets, etc) here. This is a great money saving site. If there is a discount out there, this site will have it.
-www.undercovertourist.com-I use this site to purchase my Magic Your Way tickets. If you sign up for the monthly newsletter on mousesavers.com, there is a special link to get discounted tickets on undercovertourist.
-The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World

And to answer your question, Yes! Planning a trip to WDW is very addicting!:sunshine2:

askomsky
01-27-2008, 07:11 PM

Those are the exact dates we went this past year!!! We left the Thurs before and came back Thurs on Thanksgiving day.

Here are my thoughts on those dates.... We did it bc of DS8's school, didn't want him to miss to many days, he missed 3. DH and I both agreed if we went again or WHEN we go again it was the PERFECT time to go EXCEPT for the 2nd half of our trip. I'm pretty sure Thanksgiving comes late this year so I think your ok, but the first 4 days we practically had the park to ourselves, walked onto every ride, the 2-3 days leading up to thanksvgiving it was the complete opposite.

So if it's going to be near Thanksgiving, (meaning the 2-3 days before) I would seriously consider moving ahead the dates, if not your golden!
Weather was absolutely perfect, no rain, 75-80. We rented a house with a heated pool, AWESOME! We were also there just in time for them to decorate for Christmas, just beautiful! If your there I when it starts MGM's holiday Osborne light show is awesome, we also did Mickey's Very Merry Chrismtas party!

It is addicting and you have a way's to go! WE planned in August for Nov and I thought that was going to kill me! lol
At least you have a TON of time to earn spending money!!!!! :)

ligrumpygirl
01-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Keep posting!! If you can get into the flash chat (75 posts), Sunday nights are Disney planning! (not sure if this is the last one - to be decided!)

arob414
01-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Congratulations!!! Disney is an experience like none other. The sites already listed are great for planning. We are in the midst of deciding when to do what when. I think the planning is every bit as much fun as the going. And, that is saying alot.:sunshine:

Shadey55
01-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone for your help! We can't wait...too bad we have to get through Spring, Summer...oh, yeah, and Autum before we go. :rotfl:

arob414
01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone for your help! We can't wait...too bad we have to get through Spring, Summer...oh, yeah, and Autum before we go. :rotfl:

Strangely enough, it will pass faster than you expect. I made our reservations in September and my girls were going "oh wow, 8 months, wow". Now, we are 3+ months and they are getting very excited and they are surprised how fast the time has gone by.