PDA

View Full Version : PPPPsssst Sunshine Guy Over here...

sunshinemckenzie
01-28-2008, 11:09 PM
By any slim chance do you know anything about Vista? Several of us was blessed with laptops or new pc from jolly ole Saint Nick. He knows how much we love out Sunshine Rewards and how irate we were becoming with our poor worn out PCs.

But he didn't realize that Vista was going to cause us problems. I (plus several others) are having major withdrawls because as much as we click, as much as we shop, as much as we love those pennies...nothing basically is crediting.

On mine (here I can't speak for the others), I have set cookies to the lowest possible, I set my pc firewall plus McAfee firewall(came on my laptop) to the lowest position possible, dumped cookies, ran ccleaner, set up a new email addy(so I know it everything is fresh I started using the laptop), using explorer 7.0, I've prayed to the credit God, crossed my fingers, held my breath, Stomped my feet, banged my head, and did everything short of throwing my laptop across the room. Yet, I can't get a thing to credit using Vista. I know it is either Vista or a setting within the laptop...because I can jump on the kids pc(shutter...it's slower than the seven year itch) and I can get a credit within an hour(tho, it took 15 minutes for an offer...lol...SLOOOOOOOOW).

So do you know ANYTHING else I might try??? My laptop is a Gateway with home premium Vista.

Please...I'm ready to bonkers...:)

chipndale
01-29-2008, 01:57 AM
On mine (here I can't speak for the others), I have set cookies to the lowest possible, I set my pc firewall plus McAfee firewall(came on my laptop) to the lowest position possible, dumped cookies, ran ccleaner, set up a new email addy(so I know it everything is fresh I started using the laptop), using explorer 7.0, I've prayed to the credit God, crossed my fingers, held my breath, Stomped my feet, banged my head, and did everything short of throwing my laptop across the room. Yet, I can't get a thing to credit using Vista. I know it is either Vista or a setting within the laptop...because I can jump on the kids pc(shutter...it's slower than the seven year itch) and I can get a credit within an hour(tho, it took 15 minutes for an offer...lol...SLOOOOOOOOW)

:rotfl: :rotfl:

eaglesdare
01-29-2008, 08:39 AM
i am not 100% that the problem is vista. like i said, when i first got my computer and i joined sr. i was getting credit. but then it slowed down and i was clearing cookies, that is when i started having problem with the computer. my computer does not like cookies being cleared. but i once i cleared i was getting credits.

so now i don't clean and i don't get credits. but if i clean, then i have computer problems.

please help us!

fourfoxesinpa
01-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I have Vista and get credit - now, not for everything. I don't get the Brandaramas, the Party with (choose a star from rehab) and some others. I don't run the antivirus that came with my computer. I downloaded the one recommended here on the board - AVG, I think. I use a gmail address and clear my cookies every couple of days (unless I'm doing a lot of offers then maybe a little more often). I changed my setting to allow the third party cookies. Not sure why things vary from computer to computer but good luck getting things working for you.

sunshinemckenzie
01-29-2008, 09:29 AM
MMMMMMMMMMM maybe I will try turning off McAfee tonight and doing an offer and seeing if I can get it to credit.

Worth a shot...thanks