PDA

View Full Version : SALE, TRADE OR just a Story???

sunshinemckenzie
02-01-2008, 11:18 PM
As I sat upon dear Santa's knee, during a quick trip to pick up printer paper, beg and plead for a laptop. I explained to the Jolly man in red that I truly needed a new laptop so I could spend more time with my family in the frontroom instead of being in the kitchen on my old dinosaur of a pc. I shared with him just how much I had made on Sunshine Rewards and how I was able to give my darlin' children the extras at WDW. He listened to me contently, then slyly smiled and said, "As Long as you remain on my "Good List", I will see what I could do Christmas morning."

Ohhhh I was such a happy momma Christmas Eve, just the thought of what might be under the tree for me Christmas morning. No more pink flamingo brooches, no mixers, sweepers, or toaster, no granny panties...I fell asleep with visions of me making nickles and dimes on Sunshine Rewards and running aimlessly with Mickey Mouse and my darling 7 year old.

Come Christmas morning, just as the sun peeks over the horizon, I beat the children out of bed and was searching under the tree for my laptop. Ever witness a 45+ year old woman searching under a tree for a gift...not a pretty sight! Hair all array, jammies crumpled, tushy in the air as she reaches far in the back seeing if there is a gift for her. All the while looking for the little rectangle box that might hold that precious laptop. Nothing...nothing that size at all under the tree with my name on it! But I did spy that the biggest box---HUGE BOX---had my name on it. WOW, it was a heavy box...to heavy that I couldn't even shake it. So, I'm still a little happy, even though there wasn't a loptop size box, there was a present under the tree that wasn't the normal gifts I get each year. I admired the red wrapped box with the pretty silver bow as my three grown boys placed on the floor in front of me. Of course, being the oldest in the family, I had to wait until everyone else unwrapped their gifts until it was my turn(that tradition isn't fun if you are the oldest of 14 ppl). This is the first year I wasn't careful to preserve the wrapping paper for next year...man I ripped it off fast! Shreds of bright red paper went a flying and the dog was chasing the pieces as they fluttered to the floor. Inside, what did I find? A layer of peanuts...you know the kind used for packing. Quickly, I'm scooping them out and throwing them on the floor. Neatness doesn't count Christmas morning, does it? Under that nice layer of white fluffy packing peanuts is........Black cherry boards...lots of them, all cut and finished. Yes, Black Cherry boards. The ones I told Dh that I wanted my kitchen cabinets done in.

Now I know I had told Dh that I wanted the cabinets done in black cherry. I know he spent alot of time finding the boards and finishing them into the beautiful wood that they were, and it's not that I didn't appreciate getting them BUT for Christmas?????????????? I tried not to let my disappointment show, I smiled and exclaimed how wonderful they were and how great the kitchen would look and Thanked him (and my Lucky Stars-because I bite down the urge to throw them at him) and started cleaning up the post-Christmas mess.

As I was picking up and fighting the dog over his share of the wrapping paper, Dh went into the kitchen to start our morning coffee. About 5 minutes later, he's hollaring from the kitchen he can't find his coffee mug (what, like he couldn't find a laptop was on my mind) but I just sighed and went to go get it out of the cupboard for him. That is one thing about my DH, if it isn't in plain view he can't find it. KWIM? He can look in the refridge for the mayo and if it isn't on the top shelf right out in front, he can't find it. Many a time, he will say "I can't find the mayo" while I am cooking. I simply, without moving from the stove, say, "it's on the second shelf behind the salad next to the olives." He's response is always the same, "ohhh I must have just missed it when I was looking for it". Ok if that works for him, I suppose though I still think he needs to bend in the middle, move something before he starts asking where things are.

Anyway, back to the story and off the faults of my DH. So I walk into the kitchen and go to reach into the cupboard and guess what ISN'T on the shelf where it belongs. His coffee cup! Nor is mine, the guests or anything else on that shelf...all that was there was a beautiful laptop sporting a red box and curly streaming ribbon. At this point, I don't know if I should be happy, sad, mad, or what. Happy won! Once it sunk in that he did listen, he got me goodmaking me think he got me just boards, and I had a new laptop to do my Sunshine Rewards on, I was basically bouncing off the walls. He even took the time to update everything, had it charged and ready, and boy I couldn't wait to start working on SR. Yes, with all his faults, the blender for our 20 wedding anniversary, his dirty socks in the recliner, the body gases he loves to release without an apology...I gotta love him in moments like this!

Like a proud momma, I turn it on, plug in the mouse, and immediately go to SR and do my first survey. Then another and another. A total of four that day. Then I rushed off to do my daily survey and the SM survey about an hour later. Huh, nothing posted all that day. The next day, I remembered I didn't set cookies...duh me. So I set cookies, my firewall, and everything else I could think of before doing a survey. I loaded CCleaner and ran it. Nothing to stop me now...or so I thought. Day after day, I try and day after day, my account sits still.

Which brings me to why I am writing this! For what Santa paid for this, I could have almost been to WDW....the main reason I do surveys, why I click for those pennies, and shop on SR before heading out the door to our local stores. The laptop doesn't like the sponsers and merchants, the free clicks, offers, and survey on SR. Nothing credits....so it brings me to this:

FOR SALE, TRADE or a good old fashion vent

One barely used laptop. Great for playing games, wonderful for IM'ing, Fantastic for researching, practically perfect in every way. If you are looking for a laptop to do the above...this is the one. It's the newest state of art laptop. All the bells and whistle that will do just about everything-except one lil thing....

....DOESN'T work for making money on SUNSHINE REWARDS

Thanks for looking, thanks for considering and thanks for letting me vent. And incase you are wondering....I'm not serious, just frustrated.:rotfl:

askomsky
02-01-2008, 11:31 PM
LMAO,..... Oh my you are such an awesome story teller!!!!!!

But I am so sorry you haven't been able to get it to work for/with SR! There HAS to be something your missing or something to be done to get it to work!

I feel your pain bc my trusty ol desktop won't do anything with SR anymore and it's a fast pc. I have to use the older slower laptap (thankfully we have FIOS so it's not to slow) to do my SR. DH gets mad at me sometimes bc I'll spend an hour in the bedroom on the laptop for SR then come downstairs to the office and spend another hour checking email and doing everything else! He really thinks i'm nuts!

I'm glad your DH did pull through for you ( I was really rooting for him!)

Thanks for sharing and vent anytime!

Kim929
02-01-2008, 11:35 PM
lol....that is too funny. hope you can get the darn thing to work :computer:

sunshinemckenzie
02-02-2008, 12:17 AM
hahaha, it's 11:15 pm and I have nagged, begged, pleaded, and cohurst. Dh is out trying to get the dinosaur to speed up again and I'll be back in action on it until we can figure out this laptop. Gotta love that man of mine!

mjjmbnmm
02-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I love the way you tell a story, hope it all works out.

~Kathie
02-02-2008, 01:47 AM
How frustrating!! Hope you figure it all out!!

You do tell a good story.

chipndale
02-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Hope you get it figured out real soon! I understand your frustration. Just this past week my printer decided that it didn't like my computer anymore. I think they hate a fight and got a divorce! :rotfl: No matter what I have done - uninstall, reinstall the drivers - I keep getting the message that the printer is unable to comunicate with the computer. Ha I think they just don't want to. I plan on working on it this weekend. Good Luck.

sunshinemckenzie
02-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Hahaha...they are acting like an old married couple huh? giving each other the silent treatment.

I'm thinking someone needs to come up with not just a user friendly computer but a SUNSHINE REWARDS user friendly computer. One that will not give us any kind of fit.

Like, once a click of any kind happens on SR, the advertisers and merchants get a pop-up certificate immediately that says "Attention, Attention, a Sunshine rewards member has completed an offer. This certificate confirms that due to the honesty of the Sunshine Rewards Staff and it's Members payment is justified and earned, hassle free. If there is any questions that this offer was completed, contact Bill Gates, as it must be a technical issue."

Ok, we will admit it, we ARE probably the most honest members in netland AND definitely not the most tech savvy ppl. :rotfl: So they(merchants and advertisers) need to take that into consideration when we are clicking like crazy, wild hair, bug eyed ladies and not getting credit.:rotfl:

Wendi63
02-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Loved your story and glad your husband came through in a way that truly surprised you.:rotfl: Hopefully, you will get the laptop working so that you can use it for SR. Good Luck!

gpp2001
02-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I am so sorry your computer is not working for SR - that would drive me crazy!!! Great story - please keep us posted if you do get it to work!!

sunshinemckenzie
02-05-2008, 10:38 PM
no luck yet so I'm on the dinosaur. Hubby tinkered with it so it is working a tad bit faster but stilll slow.