PDA

View Full Version : Daily Survey Announcement

Pages : [1] 2

SunshineGirl
02-04-2008, 04:22 PM
It is with sadness that I announce that Greenfield has determined that we have been sending a high amount of fraudulent traffic to their surveys. I was literally so shocked when they called me today that it took everything in me not to cry right then and there. Far and away if Sunshine Rewards is ANYTHING, it is an honest loyalty program with high standards for its members.

Effective immediately, many of you will be blocked from taking surveys. The number is so high that it actually threatens SR's very existence. Here are some of the things that Greenfield deems to be fraudulent:

Taking surveys with multiple email addresses in order to take the same survey more than once.
Taking surveys so quickly that you are not giving quality answers.
Lying about your demographic information in order to be accepted into a survey.

Greenfield has been watching the number of email addresses that each of you use to take surveys, as well as which of you are also doing them daily on other rewards sites with different email addresses. I was quite shocked to hear some of your names. While Greenfield does expect that people might use a total of 2 or 3 different email addresses, they get suspicious when you use 5 or 10....or 20 or 30..... This INCLUDES using gmail to generate multiple email addresses.

At this time, I do not know what the fate of the Greenfield surveys will be on SR. I do know that some of you are going to be blocked from taking the surveys until Greenfield can come up with a way to prevent you from taking the same surveys multiple times. If they can find a way to do that, they will start to allow you back in on a trial basis.

It breaks my heart that something like this could mean a devastating blow to the future of the community we have created here. PLEASE think carefully when you complete offers and surveys about whether you are giving the advertiser true value for the credits that you are getting in return. It's absolutely essential to the future of the business.

askomsky
02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
It is with sadness that I announce that Greenfield has determined that we have been sending a high amount of fraudulent traffic to their surveys. I was literally so shocked when they called me today that it took everything in me not to cry right then and there. Far and away if Sunshine Rewards is ANYTHING, it is an honest loyalty program with high standards for its members.

Effective immediately, many of you will be blocked from taking surveys. The number is so high that it actually threatens SR's very existence. Here are some of the things that Greenfield deems to be fraudulent:

Taking surveys with multiple email addresses in order to take the same survey more than once.
Taking surveys so quickly that you are not giving quality answers.
Lying about your demographic information in order to be accepted into a survey.

Greenfield has been watching the number of email addresses that each of you use to take surveys, as well as which of you are also doing them daily on other rewards sites with different email addresses. I was quite shocked to hear some of your names. While Greenfield does expect that people might use a total of 2 or 3 different email addresses, they get suspicious when you use 5 or 10....or 20 or 30..... This INCLUDES using gmail to generate multiple email addresses.

At this time, I do not know what the fate of the Greenfield surveys will be on SR. I do know that some of you are going to be blocked from taking the surveys until Greenfield can come up with a way to prevent you from taking the same surveys multiple times. If they can find a way to do that, they will start to allow you back in on a trial basis.

It breaks my heart that something like this could mean a devastating blow to the future of the community we have created here. PLEASE think carefully when you complete offers and surveys about whether you are giving the advertiser true value for the credits that you are getting in return. It's absolutely essential to the future of the business.

WOW is all I can say. I know there are other reward sites out there, but I have never came across any nor know the addy's, SR has only ever been it for me.
I really hope you don't lose it Tricia, this truely is an honest family/business and I hope that it works out.
I'm stil digesting this all, I can ONLY imagine how you must be feeling right now. :(

LuvMyBoys
02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Wow and here I thought we were good eggs that Greenfield would be trying hard to keep! :( I guess I was very wrong, I wonder what sites they consider to be sending them good traffic? :confused: I can't imagine more honest and thorough users then the members of SR.

I know that I actually enjoy doing the surveys on most days b/c I feel that I am actually contributing to making products better/ improving advertising, etc. I don't consider the surveys "free money", I consider them as work, and I treat them as such by giving good and honest answers and taking my time.

I'm so sorry that this has happened, I know that SR owners and members both depend on Greenfield surveys for the bulk of our earnings. :( It is really disheartening that Greenfield feels this way.

tommygirl79
02-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Wow - Tricia that's really surprising and very sad....Feel free to cry if you need to.

I cannot believe that you had so many issues with so many people...and apparently with some that you wouldn't have expected it.

I'm always afraid something like this was going to happen...

I've used two email addresses - one for my demographic information and another when DH takes one for me with his demographic info...

Sad day for all of us here at SR....

Hedy
02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
:( I'm sorry to hear this.

chipndale
02-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh My! I felt like I could cry right along with you as I read this post. I think SR is the best reward site I have ever seen and I hope that Greenfield comes to realize that the majority of the people here actually enjoy taking surveys. I hope that you can get something worked out soon. :hugs:

zummi525
02-04-2008, 04:43 PM
i am so sorry to hear that i know that my household uses two email addy's for the surveys my husband my daughter and myself. We have never fudged any info though i certainly hope that they reconsider and look at how wonderful this site is. IF we are blocked does that mean it wont accept our emails at all b/c i havent been able to get a survey at all today does that mean i am one of them sorry again tricia your site is the absolute best!

sunshinecindy
02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
When Tricia called and told me this at first I didn't understand. How can someone be using different emails to take a survey. I change mine every so often, or quit using a certain email, but then she explained. Some people, and unfortunately a good majority, find they can qualify for a survey, so, when it comes up again, they put in all the exact info, except, they will use a different email addy. That means they are taking the same survey. Some members use an email here and others at a different site, so when that same survey appears on the other site, they know what to put in. Some members have done up to 170 surveys a month, or attempted to, with multiple sites, changing their demographics and not being honest. In todays day of computers, EVERYTHING can be tracked. Some members have not qualified for a survey, so when it came back up again, they put in different, and false demographics, just to make it work so they could take it. I'm not sure why SR has been singled out for this because obviously other sites have members doing the same thing, but, we were, and now we have to deal with it. I hate that this has put SR in jeopardy and now its time to brainstorm how we can fix this problem.

askomsky
02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
i am so sorry to hear that i know that my household uses two email addy's for the surveys my husband my daughter and myself. We have never fudged any info though i certainly hope that they reconsider and look at how wonderful this site is. IF we are blocked does that mean it wont accept our emails at all b/c i havent been able to get a survey at all today does that mean i am one of them sorry again tricia your site is the absolute best!

I was wondering the same thing, bc I haven't been able to get into one either, we also use different email addy's but it's only to keep the demographic's straight (me and DH).

It really is sad, Tricia works so hard and I know the survey's are her bread and butter.

askomsky
02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Some members have done up to 170 surveys a month, or attempted to, with multiple sites, changing their demographics and not being honest.

:confused: 170?????????? Holy cow! Actual completed surveys? Does that mean that many with GF across SR and other reward sites???

Magical JenK
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Count me in for survey paranoia. I can't get any surveys now either!! I know I've used a yahoo & gmail account for myself & switch them up from time to time if I can't seem to get anything, but my demographics would be the same. DH only has the one email account. From Cindy's post it seems like my paranoia may not be the issue because I don't do any other sites. I do know that DH & I have gotten the same surveys w/in a week or two of each other, but again, I don't do any other sites, so I hope this didn't trigger part of the issue. If it has, I'm sorry, I thought since it wasn't me it would be ok, but if they go by IPS address it sounds like it wouldn't be ok.

I hope that Greenfield & SR can come to a happy answer! I'm sorry for this headache for you guys!

Arky
02-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Sorry I didn't know I was causing problems with you guys. I change my email address (gmail with dots) frequently. It wasn't to repeat surveys though. My husband also does a few surveys and he has done the same one I did a few times. I didn't know that was not allowed. Not trying to cause difficulties. I don't do surveys on any other sites either.

My sister is the one who alerted me to this issue and posts. She can't get in to do a survey and she has only ever done 1 survey in the 6 months she's been a member.

Sorry for this Tricia! I hope SR and Greenfield come up with an answer!

stacyzim
02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I have only done one survey (Dec)...I have tried to do a few more, but didn't qualify. I am sorry to hear about this. I know alot of people depend on the surveys. At least it makes everyone look at how they were doing their surveys and possibly reconsider in the future. Hopefully Greenfield will figure a better way to track things and come down on all reward sites, not just us.

gpp2001
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
This is the only sight I take surveys on and yes, I do use multiple e-mai addresses - I try to keep my SM different from the one on use on the daily surveys - but I don't usually get the same surveys and if I do - I exit out of the survey. And I feel I give honest answers - sometimes they ask the same questions and I don't remember how I answered but I always try to be truthful.

I am sorry, Tricia, if what I have done in any way has ruined this for you. And I know it's not just one person. But if I am part of that group, I am truly sorry - I never meant to do anything fraudulent. :hugs:

Alice28
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
:confused: 170?????????? Holy cow! Actual completed surveys? Does that mean that many with GF across SR and other reward sites???

I don't understand? Members are getting credit for 170 surveys a month with SR or with Greenfield? I don't even know what other sites Greenfield does business with. :confused: I do 1 other site OCCASIONALLY, and I know their surveys are OTX surveys. And I get *maybe* 1 a month with those at the other site.

I felt extreme guilt when I first read Tricia's post, because I use probably a total of 6-7 emails when doing surveys. Because I have 2-3 emails, DH has 2-3 and occasionally I try and get my mom or dad to do one for me if I'm in a fit and can't get one. But that's all something we discussed here before- if a survey doesn't work, try clearing cookies and using a different email. I thought it was OK. I gave up this weekend and honestly thought, 'if I can't get surveys anymore easily with my or DH's email, I'm giving up.' It wasn't worth the hoop jumping. Like with the other freebie offers, I thought maybe my 'well had run dry' since I've been doing SR for almost 2 years now. I too gave very honest answers, and I can't think of a time when a survey took me less than 20 minutes or so- RARELY anyway. I'm so, so, SO sorry that this is causing so many problems for Sunshine Rewards. :( :(

PSL1013
02-04-2008, 05:09 PM
This is really sad news :( ...I would have liked them to have issued a warning of some sort first instead of outright banning of people? I have 3 emails that I use and recently signed up with a gmail account too but my son and husband have their own emails when they try for one. I have never changed my demographics, ever, to take a survey! I only do surveys at SR, no other sites and never have. I think it is very tempting to want to get a survey everyday because of the added bonus for doing "x" amount of surveys per month, I know in my case it is but I'm persistent and I don't work outside the home so have all day to keep trying. I feel really bad for SR right now, not a very sunshiny today? :mad:

lanny76
02-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, I wondered why I was being blocked - I guess I must be one of those they consider to have been behaving fraudulently. I did not know that there was a certain limit on email addresses that one could have, and that it was not acceptable to try the same survey again with a different email address. I mean, I would get the same survey sometimes when I tried my new email addy, just to see if I would be accepted that time. I sure was not trying to be fraudulent, for goodness sakes!!!!
I actually had 4 emails, only 3 of which I used on a more regular basis. My DH also had his email address, with his demographics in it, so I suppose that made me have at least 5, so no wonder Greenfield has tagged me out! But for crying out loud, why didn't someone tell me I should only use 2-3 addresses!!
I am really sorry that this happened Tricia and if you want to cry go ahead, because I do too! :cry: :cry:
I am so sorry that I did something wrong that has caused grief for you.
But now I guess I won't have any worries about trying for surveys - and can really not worry about the big board.
I don't really suppose that they will let me back in either - I'll be pessimistic so I can really surprised if something good does happen.

DisneyMa
02-04-2008, 05:19 PM
oh Tricia! I'm so sorry!! I hope I didn't do anything that would be considered fraudulent! DH and I each have an email address that we use to do surveys.

I hope all is well and over with soon.:hugs:

sunshinecindy
02-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Right now, ALL the surveys are cut off, there is no one in particular that a finger is being pointed at....yet. We will be getting a list in a little bit. We are also going to have another talk with them and get some more clarification on the email addys. I think they feel if you get the same survey and change your email addy that you are putting in different demographics to try to be eligible. I guess. Who knows, right now, we are very confused. We will keep you posted as we sort this out.

TIAMOMMA
02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm feeling guilty too, I've used two different email addresses for my surveys and my husband uses another one, but we've never changed our demographics or rushed through the surveys without giving our actual opinions (I thought this was allowed, and since our demographics were true I didn't see this as a problem. A long time ago I did do the surveys on another site until an email thread came up in the forum that indicated that Greenfield felt that was fraudulent, so I stopped doing surveys at that site.

I don't know how anyone can get 170 surveys between different sites though, I was hard pressed to complete 4 surveys last month! I'm sorry you are going through this Tricia :hugs:

lanny76
02-04-2008, 05:25 PM
This is really sad news :( ...I would have liked them to have issued a warning of some sort first instead of outright banning of people? I have 3 emails that I use and recently signed up with a gmail account too but my son and husband have their own emails when they try for one. I have never changed my demographics, ever, to take a survey! I only do surveys at SR, no other sites and never have. I think it is very tempting to want to get a survey everyday because of the added bonus for doing "x" amount of surveys per month, I know in my case it is but I'm persistent and I don't work outside the home so have all day to keep trying. I feel really bad for SR right now, not a very sunshiny today? :mad:

Yes - why not have issued a warning stating specifically what they considered fraudulent, so that if any were inadvertently doing something wrong and meant to be honest, they could have a chance to fix the problems. Why not have had a trial like that before they kicked some of us out?
I just feel so sick that I helped cause these problems, tho I did not mean to. I guess I just didn't know or understand. Won't excuse myself - if I am half as intelligent as I like to think, I should have figured I shouldn't push my luck with the email addresses, trying too persistently to get surveys some days.
Oh well - I won't hijack this thread any more.

zummi525
02-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, I wondered why I was being blocked -

just out of curiousity did the survey actually tell you that you were blocked or it just wouldnt let you take a survey at all
thanks

docsmom
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I am soooo sorry. I am afraid I am also one of the guilty ones...but certainly not intentionally! I have used different addesses and sometimes my husband or sons or dauther-in-law will take a survey for me using their information. I feel terrible that I was a part of this problem!:(

lanny76
02-04-2008, 05:30 PM
answer to zummi - I tried every single one of my addresses and was told each time that there are no surveys available for you today. I knew something was odd because this has not ever happened before, and then I come here and learn that Greenfield thinks that more than 3 emails is fraudulent - so I put 2 and 2 together.
However right now it seems that we are ALL being blocked from replies that come in while I am busy replying!
I have no illusions but what I will probably be on whatever list Greenfield has -because I DID have 4-5 email addresses, plus a gmail one (I mean including!)that I put a dot in now and then (tho only in the last week), and did try to qualify for a survey I was kicked out of in one email addy with another.

luvdisney00
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Wow! 170 surveys a month!!! I've never even been able to get a big bonus 10-14 surveys is the most I've been able to do and I don't do any other site. Up until recently, I've used only 1 email for me and DH, but there was a thread a few weeks ago that said if you changed demo (me and DH) you had to use a different email. I also changed my gmail and have used the new one, but for me (and I take the majority of the surveys) I use my main home email. That is the one that I signed up for SR with, and I've had it for 10 years. I am so sorry that this is happening. Why does SR always seem to get singled out for these types of things? SR is such a nice honest site with great people.
I hope this all gets straightened out soon.

askomsky
02-04-2008, 05:35 PM
answer to zummi - I tried every single one of my addresses and was told each time that there are no surveys available for you today. I knew something was odd because this has not ever happened before, and then I come here and learn that Greenfield thinks that more than 3 emails is fraudulent - so I put 2 and 2 together.
However right now it seems that we are ALL being blocked from replies that come in while I am busy replying!
I have no illusions but what I will probably be on whatever list Greenfield has -because I DID have 4-5 email addresses, plus a gmail one that I put a dot in now and then (tho only in the last week), and did try to qualify for a survey I was kicked out of in one email addy with another.

Yes I think all SR members are being blocked at the moment.
It's a shame that they don't have a better way to track this. I think a lot of us have several emails, but most use it for the "right" reasons vs the "wrong" ones. I have never changed my demographics to qualify for one, even when it's DH and I the only difference is our birthdate and race!

I'm really curious to see how they come up with the list, if it's just users who use multiple email addresses or email addresses that have changed demographics, bc I think they would see the numbers would (or at least in my opinion SHOULD) be a lot different depending on how they pull their data.

HollyD
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Count me in as one of the bad guys - I only use 2 email addys though, mine and hubby uses his. Our demos are the same except for age and sex. I really thought this was okay. I know we have gotten the same survey before - maybe 2-3 days apart but obviously my answers are going to be different than his so we aren't duplicating the surveys. I haven't used any other sites in about 6 months (except pinecone), In fact, one time greenfield routed me to a pinecone survey which I thought was weird and I exited out of it before I even found out what it was for because I didn't want there to be any conflicts.
Tricia, I hope you get this fixed so that you can feel better about it - just remember you have a whole lot of people here behind you.

bajam
02-04-2008, 05:47 PM
I know I am one who used several email addresses. I have a gmail acct. that I change every month or so and I would just type in the dot version of the day. I wasn't doing it to get multiple surveys. It was just in my head. If I got a survey I had taken I would close out of it. Now sometimes my husband or visiting family members would do them if I couldn't get one. Obviously our demographics would be different. I can't imagine getting credits for 170! I only had 7 for January.

I feel very bad because I moved the dot.:(

sunshinemckenzie
02-04-2008, 05:56 PM
This is a shocker to come home to. Tricia, I'm so sorry this has happened to you and to all of the Sr's.

I haven't taken surveys basically since November but I will admit, my family could be basically called one of the problems. I do have 3 email addys that I switch back and forth plus we have a LARGE LARGE (a total of 10 who live in this house)family. In the past, if I couldn't get one, then Dh tries, and if he can't get one...I'll admit, my children might try. I don't know if any of us have gotten the same survey(I do know there has been times when we have spent over 30 minutes working on a survey) but with that being said, our demographics might change depending on WHO is taking the survey. I'm caucasian and so is the DH but two children are part hispanic. Our education is different than our childrens. Our income is different than three of our children who live with us. Our children are grown except for two of them but they all live with us plus in a couple extras(spouses/significant others). (YES THEY DO COME BACK HOME (shutter))

If My family or myself was part of the problem, I do apologize. I/they/us feel we didn't do anything fraudulent but we aren't the norm when it comes to families. I didn't know they were looking for just one type of person within a household. I admit it, in this day and age and they way the economy is, there will be more and more families living together.

With that being said, I think it is sad the Greenfield didn't give you advance notice of a recurring problem. Something like, from this point on, only one email address per user. They track our answers to surveys and payments via our Sr user info, so it seems logical that they could see a problem and would define the guidelines so we were all on the same page. I know that if 99.999% of us knew this was considered fraudulent(changing emails, letting family members take surveys, etc) we would have never left it happen.

I do apologize again if we were part of the ongoing problem.

m4travels
02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Also raising my hand as one who has changed e-mail addresses a few times. There have been times when I've seen surveys that "look" familiar but thought that it might be a different way of looking at a marketing approach.

In another thread I mentioned that I had pulled the wires on succumbing to good old R.C. guilt, but I'm thinking that's not true any longer.

Hoping things work out for SR, Greenfield, and the community here.:sorry:

m 'n c
02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Sorry Tricia. I know that if they go back in time that I'm probably on your list. Back in the day (before the big fraud crackdown last summer and before I became loyal to SR) I was doing multiple sites and yes I was doing multiple daily surveys - normally not the same one across sites but still more than 1 survey a day which seems to be their big issue here.

So I apologize. It was before I knew what was right and what was wrong in the reward site world.

Hopefully Greenfield will work this out with you. It seems silly though that they are complaining because weren't they the ones that told you to also put up the Your2Cents surveys which are run through them?

nicholfamily5
02-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh man. This is terrible!!

Although, cheating or not, I am impressed with someone who found a way to pull down 170 surveys a month. I haven't taken one since december cause I'm so frustrated trying to qualify!!!

Tricia, I sincerely hope that this too will pass. Hopefully as they give you more answers you will get a clearer picture of what happened. If there is anything we can do to help, you already know all you have to do is ask.

JOLAROCHE
02-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I do not not how people do it because myself some months I am lucki if i can get 10 surveys. We do use a different email when my husband takes a survey. I cannot believe people are getting 170 a month

SunshineGirl
02-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Honestly, I can't really even isolate the problems yet. I did tell them that I have encouraged people to use different people in their households to take surveys because we only allow one account per household. They didn't really say that there was anything wrong with that.

And I think that the last month must have been the biggest problem because all of the data that he was quoting from me was the last month. If I had to guess, it was because there were so few surveys to choose from that people were doing the same ones multiple times. During other parts of the year, there were a lot more surveys to do and likely not as much repetition. The ONE person that they did report to me last month as having done the same survey 17 times I immediately banned.

Now that I am feeling a little more in control and less like a child that was called into the principal's office, I am making a plan to talk to my old Greenfield contact tomorrow and get to the bottom of all of this. I want to know EXACTLY what is allowed and what isn't. If multiple people in the same house can do surveys as long as each one consistently uses their own single email address, then we will publicize that. If they want only one address/demographic used per household, we'll publicize that. We just need to know what is in that "gray" area besides the exact same person taking the exact same survey multiple times.

spring
02-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I think sunshinemckenzie and a few others have made several good points. First of all, Greenfield should delineate their standards so everyone understands their expectations up front. Both DH and I use multiple e-mail addy's, and I change them around just like I do for paid offers. I never thought anything about it and definitely didn't think it was wrong to do so...until now. We each always put the same demographic info in, ie sex, birthdate, race, salary, zipcode, etc. However, I had no idea that Greenfield's expectations are that you only use 2 or 3 e-mail addys to do their surveys. I'm also now not sure if DH should have been doing surveys at all.

I take surveys on two other sites: Pinecone (I've only had two since I joined, with no Greenfield surveys noted), and mysurveys.com(maybe 1 survey every week or two), again without any Greenfield surveys noted or surveys that are like the ones I take on SR.

Once we understand ALL the rules, perhaps there will be less problems. I personally become confused with some surveys. They look familiar, and just about the time I'm ready to exit out of them, they change their focus/questioning to a different angle than any I've taken before. Perhaps these are called duplicates, I don't know. If they are, I'm sorry.

I think it is easy to get caught up in all the excitement of being a part of SR, with all the wonderful people and moderators. You just want to do good and be part of everything. The monetary part is extremely secondary to me. The community of SR is SO much more important.

I don't have solutions, but I'm wondering if we all just use one e-mail addy to do Greenfield if that would help....no dots, nothing extra.....just the exact same each and every time. Also, I'm wondering if Greenfield could perhaps number the surveys so we could jot down if we've done that same one and not do it again, especially since some start out the same, then change into a different focus. I think it would be easier that way. Thirdly, we need to all understand Greenfield's expectations........ie, can multiple family members take surveys, or just one person in the family. Can people visiting who do not belong to SR or a survey community take a survey? Can you take surveys from more than one IP address, like home, work or a vacation location?

I apologize for any problems I have created and hope this is all resolved in a satisfactory manner. I value Tricia, Cindy, Angie, Sunshine Guy, all the moderators, and all my friends I've met in this community.

~Kathie
02-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Add me to the list of those changing emails. Sometimes DH will do a survey or my DD or DIL or my son. Always from my computer, but with different demographices and different emails. Once in a while we would get one the another one has done. I apologize if my actions compromised SR's integrity.

That being said, I haven't done any surveys since the beginning of January. For the last several months DH and/or I just don't qualify and it has been very frustrating. Not worth my time or stress level. :(

I can see penalizing someone for taking advantage with 170 surveys a month....but not everyone else. Hopefully Greenfield can come up with a solution that works for everyone.

I hope you and Greenfield will be able to work it out. :sorry:

sunshinemckenzie
02-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Looks at this thread.

Greenfield should look at this thread and the forum in general AND see JUST how honest Sunshine reward members are.

Each time something comes up, ANYTHING that rocks the boat of our beloved SR, everyone fesses up!

It doesn't matter if it is something wee tiny or something huge...everyone shares what they have done that might be considered wrong and sincerely apologizes not only to Tricia and Kevin but to the community as a whole.

Instead of pointing fingers, instead of blasting the accuser, we talk and try to figure out what we MIGHT have done wrong and how we can make it better for our community and SR.

GREENFIELD please take notice. This isn't just your ordinary rewards site. This is a site built with trust, dedication, and a community of friends and family. Tricia doesn't "own" SR, we aren't just members trying to make a buck anyway we can, we are family.

It does make a person proud to be associated with a group of ppl who so deeply care for a place like SR. We work as a unit for the betterment of SR. And personally as a company, Greenfield should be honored that we back and support SR as strong as we do. Unlike other sites, were ppl bicker, fight and try to "Screw the system" to make that all mighty buck.

Hedy
02-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Honestly, I can't really even isolate the problems yet. I did tell them that I have encouraged people to use different people in their households to take surveys because we only allow one account per household. They didn't really say that there was anything wrong with that.

And I think that the last month must have been the biggest problem because all of the data that he was quoting from me was the last month. If I had to guess, it was because there were so few surveys to choose from that people were doing the same ones multiple times. During other parts of the year, there were a lot more surveys to do and likely not as much repetition. The ONE person that they did report to me last month as having done the same survey 17 times I immediately banned.

Now that I am feeling a little more in control and less like a child that was called into the principal's office, I am making a plan to talk to my old Greenfield contact tomorrow and get to the bottom of all of this. I want to know EXACTLY what is allowed and what isn't. If multiple people in the same house can do surveys as long as each one consistently uses their own single email address, then we will publicize that. If they want only one address/demographic used per household, we'll publicize that. We just need to know what is in that "gray" area besides the exact same person taking the exact same survey multiple times.

:hugs: :hugs:

lanny76
02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I think sunshinemckenzie and a few others have made several good points. First of all, Greenfield should delineate their standards so everyone understands their expectations up front. Both DH and I use multiple e-mail addy's, and I change them around just like I do for paid offers. I never thought anything about it and definitely didn't think it was wrong to do so...until now. We each always put the same demographic info in, ie sex, birthdate, race, salary, zipcode, etc. However, I had no idea that Greenfield's expectations are that you only use 2 or 3 e-mail addys to do their surveys. I'm also now not sure if DH should have been doing surveys at all.

I take surveys on two other sites: Pinecone (I've only had two since I joined, with no Greenfield surveys noted), and mysurveys.com(maybe 1 survey every week or two), again without any Greenfield surveys noted or surveys that are like the ones I take on SR.

Once we understand ALL the rules, perhaps there will be less problems. I personally become confused with some surveys. They look familiar, and just about the time I'm ready to exit out of them, they change their focus/questioning to a different angle than any I've taken before. Perhaps these are called duplicates, I don't know. If they are, I'm sorry.

I think it is easy to get caught up in all the excitement of being a part of SR, with all the wonderful people and moderators. You just want to do good and be part of everything. The monetary part is extremely secondary to me. The community of SR is SO much more important.

I don't have solutions, but I'm wondering if we all just use one e-mail addy to do Greenfield if that would help....no dots, nothing extra.....just the exact same each and every time. Also, I'm wondering if Greenfield could perhaps number the surveys so we could jot down if we've done that same one and not do it again, especially since some start out the same, then change into a different focus. I think it would be easier that way. Thirdly, we need to all understand Greenfield's expectations........ie, can multiple family members take surveys, or just one person in the family. Can people visiting who do not belong to SR or a survey community take a survey? Can you take surveys from more than one IP address, like home, work or a vacation location?

I apologize for any problems I have created and hope this is all resolved in a satisfactory manner. I value Tricia, Cindy, Angie, Sunshine Guy, all the moderators, and all my friends I've met in this community.

Amen to that, Pat - from it being exactly clear what we should/should not do to valuing everyone in this community. The community part IS far more important than the monetary part - tho that is nice for a SAHM! I like to feel I can contribute a bit, income in addition to the other work I do at home. I too hope that this can be resolved in a satisfactory manner for all of us.

PSL1013
02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Looks at this thread.

Greenfield should look at this thread and the forum in general AND see JUST how honest Sunshine reward members are.

Each time something comes up, ANYTHING that rocks the boat of our beloved SR, everyone fesses up!

It doesn't matter if it is something wee tiny or something huge...everyone shares what they have done that might be considered wrong and sincerely apologizes not only to Tricia and Kevin but to the community as a whole.

Instead of pointing fingers, instead of blasting the accuser, we talk and try to figure out what we MIGHT have done wrong and how we can make it better for our community and SR.

GREENFIELD please take notice. This isn't just your ordinary rewards site. This is a site built with trust, dedication, and a community of friends and family. Tricia doesn't "own" SR, we aren't just members trying to make a buck anyway we can, we are family.

It does make a person proud to be associated with a group of ppl who so deeply care for a place like SR. We work as a unit for the betterment of SR. And personally as a company, Greenfield should be honored that we back and support SR as strong as we do. Unlike other sites, were ppl bicker, fight and try to "Screw the system" to make that all mighty buck.

AMEN!!! Very well said! :clap:

OhMari
02-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Within the last couple of weeks, I have been getting e-mails from Greenfield, asking me to do survey's. Some were asking me to do follow-up's to survey's, that I have done. Those I will do. But just random one's that Greenfield wants, I deleted. I thought, forget it, it is enough doing the Sunshine one's.

Plus, Tricia always said to slow down and take your time. I would usually do mine in the early morning, or when I went back to work after lunch. Some would take me an hour to do, because I would multi-task and go back and forth to it.

It is tax season for me, and I was having my son who lives in Milwaukee and my dd who lives in Racine do the survey's for me, when I didn't have time. I'm sorry Tricia. I thought as long as they were using my account, they could do the survey. My dh, dd and ds at home would try also, when I couldn't get one.

I'm sorry Tricia, I've been with you from the beginning and you have always been honest and respectful with me, I'm sorry this happened. I figured my family will all be benefiting from the Disney Card, so they all could help once in awhile.
Marisa

annieollendorf
02-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I wonder if I am one of those. I use 2 emails and Eric does a survey, the thing is we have the same birthdays exactly one year apart and I could see where that would look strange.

I can say I don't change demographics and I started to keep track of the surveys I do and don't repeat any surveys I know that I have completed.

I only take surveys for SR and Pinecone.

It's a shame this is happening.

April

coastalgirl
02-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Tricia I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. It just sounds insane that one person could do so many surveys. Last month I only got a total of six and only 2 for this month. I am sorry this is happening, but I would be guilty too as I have had different members in my family also try, so their info would be different from mine! :( Once again sorry you are having to deal with this! :hugs:

m 'n c
02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Well maybe some ground rules/expectations from Greenfield are in order. I am wondering if its something like 1 contact at Greenfield has one set of rules and another has another set. Seems odd that everything was ok all this time and now it is not.

disney_girl
02-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Like others, I am sorry if I have added to this problem. I have used various e-mails, but haven't used different demographics- just me or DH. I have taken a few surveys that seemed slightly different, but may have qualified as the same (like a auto survey with different commercials)- that's a little confusing to me. I sincerely hope that this is worked out to SR's benefit! Sorry for the headaches!

As others have said, I am 100% committed to following whatever guidelines are laid out going forward! I love the SR community and would not want to further jepordize it's future!

jl8595
02-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Well maybe some ground rules/expectations from Greenfield are in order. I am wondering if its something like 1 contact at Greenfield has one set of rules and another has another set. Seems odd that everything was ok all this time and now it is not.

I totally agree. I'm sure I'm a contributor to this problem for most of the reasons others have mentioned - DH & I using different email addy's, friends also doing survey's for me, etc. I feel HORRIBLE right now and sick to my stomach that this is happening. I'm so, so, so, sorry for being a contributor. Like Spring said, the monetary part is definitely secondary for me - the community means more to me than anything else.

I hope things work out; please know that I am 100% committed to following any new guidelines that need to be put in place.

Mom2aPrincess
02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Add me to the list. I've had my family try on occasion too. And I never really thought about the email addresses. Whichever one jumped in my head was the one I used that day. I did tell them the correct demographics - just not even semi-consistent with email address. I also try from home, work, and my parents so my email addresses would show up from multiple IP addresses...

If it is narrowed to last month though, I only got 11 surveys last month...

I do exit out if i notice that it's a duplicate, but I too found that several that I've done over time do start out the same and then take a different perspective so I'm afraid to exit out too soon.

I'm only an active member of one other rewards site though and I don't do their surveys...I delete those emails as soon as they come in to prevent confusion (and I think they are OTX surveys anyways)

I really am impressed that someone could do 170 surveys. I can't imagine even finding a way and the time to fraudently do 170 surveys. My good months (in the summer when I didn't have to work) I did good to get to 20 most months...

bbangel
02-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Seems to me that once we get clarification about having more than one person take surveys on our accounts most of this will be cleared up.
I have been having others do surveys for me as their demographics seem to be better for surveys. Male/married etc. And one in particular has a better location. The main one has used his own email. Some use my email as they didn't want it out there. From what we are hearing today, that is obviously a no-no and I will stop.
I don't think I've done the same survey more than once - if I notice one being familiar I usually back out and try for another. I think there are ID numbers on them somewhere, so maybe when the surveys come back I'll note those somewhere and make sure I don't take the same one twice.

Sorry you are having to deal with this Tricia. Just know that all of us here are behind you and whatever once they clarify the rules we will all do our best to stay within them. :hugs:

disneynut
02-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Wow, just WOW. First of all who in the heck has patience to do 170 surveys???? They drive me nuts with all the questions and sorry you did not qualify. Someone must have it down to a T to complete that many. I had a whopping 6 and 8 for Dec. and Jan. I also am one who has used different email addresses for myself and DH. I thought that was allowed though.:confused:
Sorry if I contributed to the problem. :computer:

dizneemom
02-04-2008, 07:01 PM
I read your OP, Tricia, and just felt sick to my stomach. I confess to having a gmail address and moving the dot around. It's because after clearing cookies, I can never remember where I put that darn thing!

And my husband as well as my daughter have been doing surveys too, when I couldn't qualify. In fact, my husband and I were alternating back and forth on the Daily Survey and the SM Survey. One day I would do the Daily and he would do the SM. The next day he would do the daily and I would do the SM. We may have done the same surveys but I thought that was okay?

Now, I'm feeling very guilty that I may have done something to mess things up for a lot of good people. And I really didn't mean to do anything wrong. I've been doing GPT programs long enough to know that fraud is what kills the golden goose.

So, if I did anything to contribute to this mess, please accept my apology for it.

jollytammy
02-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Well, add me to the list. I am so sorry. I too use different email addresses. I guess I'd never thought about it, just switch it up different days. And I never thought about it not being right to do the surveys again if they came up.
But I only do surveys w/sunshine, except for one I tried the other day somewhere else. And I only work to get one a day. I was having so much trouble with OTX, that I pretty much stopped trying with them.

But I am so sorry:(

tghamilton
02-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I totally agree. I'm sure I'm a contributor to this problem for most of the reasons others have mentioned - DH & I using different email addy's, friends also doing survey's for me, etc. I feel HORRIBLE right now and sick to my stomach that this is happening. I'm so, so, so, sorry for being a contributor. Like Spring said, the monetary part is definitely secondary for me - the community means more to me than anything else.

I hope things work out; please know that I am 100% committed to following any new guidelines that need to be put in place.

Guilty, just like everyone else. My deepest apologies Tricia that this has caused you grief. I know none of us meant to do so. I totally agree, we need more explanation from Greenfield as to what is ok and what is not.

:hugs:

lenzs4
02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh now I get why I can not get in. I have two email addresses - and DH has two and in Jan. my inlaws were here to get out of the snow and they took a few so we had 6 addresses in Jan. - I do not know if all 6 were used but we definately have 6 addresses. I only take surveys through SR and thought it was OK to have more than one address. I personally did not take the same survey but I did get two that were very similar and I know we were all grumbling that we all did not qualify for some with very different info and thought it was odd that four people with extrememly different answers did not qualify for the same going out to eat survey and TV watching survey!!!!
I originally thought I was not getting surveys because I took a survey and got a congrats screen and later in the day when I verified it took - it did not so I took another survey and got credit for both.

sorry this is happening, hopefully it is really an issue for other sights and you were just lumped into the mix since it seems no one intentionally caused problems here on this board.

wilsonfamily4
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I think the majority of us have used a few email addressess. I am not sure that even works as I just got 11 surveys last month. :) (I too am a bit amazed at the 170 surveys in one month! INCREDIBLE)
So I think until we hear more from Greenfield and Tricia we should put aside the paranoia and wait patiently to see what we need to do for Tricia.

lorisnuts
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry. I'm guilty of using 2 emails. one for me and one for dh. I do belong to other reward sites but I don't do ANY surveys(especially greenfield) at any other place but here. i had quit doing surveys since november because i never seemed to qualify for anything. WOW was i surprised to qualify for 3 in january, using my information. I wished they had said something about using multiple email addresses. :sorry:

Tiggerific711
02-04-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm so sorry that I'm guilty too. :( I have different email addresses but I try to do the surveys during the week from work and I don't change that email address often (I keep the same demographics and only try for 1 a day). My DH, DD and friends will help on the weekends using their demographics but my email address. I didn't think that it was a problem since the surveys were tracked by our user IDs. Unfortunately there must have been duplicates between all of us.

If I'm allowed to do surveys again I will also follow whatever guidelines are set 100%!

Once again I'm so sorry...:sorry:

ligrumpygirl
02-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I am still in shock here...unreal what is going on. I feel very bad for SR...and all the members.

I have only had 1 survey since September but in September I know that DH did do a few on his email to help me out.

Hope that you get some clarification, Tricia. Seems strange just to spring it on you!

wisconsinmom
02-04-2008, 07:32 PM
First off Tricia, I'm so sorry that this is happening. I'm guilty of using more than one email but I honestly didn't know we couldn't do that. I did 11 surveys in January and none on other sites.

I hope this all gets sorted out and that Greenfield clarifies what their rules and expectations are.

goofy08
02-04-2008, 07:40 PM
At the risk of sticking my foot in it and getting in trouble (but freedom of speech has to mean something), I've got to say something:

I've been doing RP's for years and one thing comes up that always makes me go "huh?" The advertisers/survey sites/offer sites, etc. have no qualms about jumping on the RP site owners (Sunshine, QR CR, whichever) when something goes wrong, but they, themselves, in a lot of cases, are unwilling to do anything on their part to prevent fraud. Such as making the rules crystal clear and implementing technologies on their end to prevent fraud, or to work with the RP site to come up with a way to jointly prevent fraud. Yet, having been doing business with RP's for years, the advertisers know fraud is rampant but prefer to get all indignant with the RP site when it happens and then punish the RP site. Then they go on to another RP site, where the problem starts over again. I'm not singling out Greenfield, I've seen it happen with all kinds of advertisers and survey companies and it always makes me go "Why?". It seems to me if advertisers are serious about making the RP model work FOR them, then they need to take some responsibility for making certain that fraud is limited, and not just dump it all on the site owner. They need to make certain that their rules are crystal clear and then implement the technology (either alone or in conjunction with the RP site owner) to make certain that those rules can't be circumvented. Until that happens, this same thing is going to happen over and over again, with all RP's. As new RP's open, the same things will happen again, and the RP will get into trouble. What's the old adage about insanity being repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Again, I'm not singling out Greenfield -- it happens with all of them, on every RP I've ever done. I'm just pointing out what I see as a problem that, hopefully, someone will see fit to fix one day.

And, to confess, I used a gmail address and moved the dot around. I thought it was OK, like everyone else here. I don't change demographics, but did move the dot. I apologize for the trouble this has caused and am truly sorry. Hopefully things will be worked out, with the rules clearly explained and SR can go on being as great as always!

DisneyMa
02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Yikes! I just realized I recently changed my income bracket (according to Greenfield) because DH got a raise. Is that also going to be a problem? What are we supposed to do if something like that changes? One day you don't work for a car company, the next day you do? How are we supposed to change that information without it looking like we are trying to trick the system?:confused:

sunshinecindy
02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Ok, heres the deal guys. I just got off the phone with Greenfield. Tricia is unavailable right now, so I will tell you about the conversation. It seems that because we send a lot of traffic, our numbers were much larger then other sites, HOWEVER, multiple sites received the same action as we did today. Starting tomorrow, the surveys will be back up. They have their IT people working on how to prevent multiple taking of surveys and using several email addys. I have asked for a complete list of do's and don'ts and they will be sending that to us. In the meantime, there will probably be about 30-40 of our members banned from surveys. Once they fix it on their end that those people can take a survey but not multiple times, they will probably be allowed back on. Though the rules are sketchy right now, here are some to follow until we get them all down pat.

You are allowed one survey per day. SM conditions still apply.

Do not change email addresses for family members. Keep the same email addy even if your DH takes the survey until they can figure out the solution to that.

Do not use a gmail addy with any "." in it, and no numbers after your name which change daily.

Answer all the questions honestly.

I'm feeling a little better about all this now, but, I can tell you. That once the ground rules have been solidly laid, and we get a report on a member who is cheating, they will be banned, not only from Greenfield, but from SR. We won't let some members ruin it for all of us.

On another note. In light of this announcement, we seemed to have generated quite a few cashouts. These cashouts will not be processed for a couple weeks until we see how everything shakes out with Greenfield. Many of the people cashing out seem to have completed more then the usual amount of surveys and their may be some reversals. So please, do not rush to cashout, we aren't going anywhere.\

wilsonfamily4
02-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks Cindy for letting us all know what is going on.

Strange that people want to cashout. HMMMM

sunshinemckenzie
02-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Shaking my head....

OK I have got to say this an forgive me if I offend anyone. But I have been sitting here all afternoon, refreshing, reading and feeling sick to my stomach think that I might be part of the problem and how it might have affected the community as a whole.

Then I read the rush on payouts. That really makes me shake my head. That wasn't even thought of on my end or even talked about in general.
tisk tisk....HOW SAD!

bellanlivismom
02-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I am guilty too :( By DH and I both use our own email addresses, so it would be 2 for our household. I also changed how much we make in a year because I got our w2s and it was different from what I was using. SORRY!! :( But other than that, I have not changed anything.

sunshinemckenzie
02-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Thank you Cindy for going to bat for all of us, for following through and getting a lil definiation on what they expected from us, and thank you for all that you do!

Hedy
02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Shaking my head....

OK I have got to say this an forgive me if I offend anyone. But I have been sitting here all afternoon, refreshing, reading and feeling sick to my stomach think that I might be part of the problem and how it might have affected the community as a whole.

Then I read the rush on payouts. That really makes me shake my head. That wasn't even thought of on my end or even talked about in general.
tisk tisk....HOW SAD!
Right on. :sunshine2:

lanny76
02-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Yes thanks Cindy - it's good to have some clear guidelines and I certainly promise if I get to take surveys again I will strictly abide by the rules.
Sorry for all the hassle/stress this has caused for you all.
Funny abt the cashouts - some worried they would get kicked out and could save their earnings by cashing out?! They might have realized that that would look suspicious & cashouts would be held anyway!!

askomsky
02-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Ok, heres the deal guys. I just got off the phone with Greenfield. Tricia is unavailable right now, so I will tell you about the conversation. It seems that because we send a lot of traffic, our numbers were much larger then other sites, HOWEVER, multiple sites received the same action as we did today. Starting tomorrow, the surveys will be back up. They have their IT people working on how to prevent multiple taking of surveys and using several email addys. I have asked for a complete list of do's and don'ts and they will be sending that to us. In the meantime, there will probably be about 30-40 of our members banned from surveys. Once they fix it on their end that those people can take a survey but not multiple times, they will probably be allowed back on. Though the rules are sketchy right now, here are some to follow until we get them all down pat.

You are allowed one survey per site per day, up to 2 sites. SM who do both of the surveys here cannot do one at another site.

Do not change email addresses for family members. Keep the same email addy even if your DH takes the survey until they can figure out the solution to that.

Do not use a gmail addy with any "." in it, and no numbers after your name which change daily.

Do not do the same survey you have done before, not matter what site you have done it on.

Answer all the questions honestly.

I'm feeling a little better about all this now, but, I can tell you. That once the ground rules have been solidly laid, and we get a report on a member who is cheating, they will be banned, not only from Greenfield, but from SR. We won't let some members ruin it for all of us.

On another note. In light of this announcement, we seemed to have generated quite a few cashouts. These cashouts will not be processed for a couple weeks until we see how everything shakes out with Greenfield. Many of the people cashing out seem to have completed more then the usual amount of surveys and their may be some reversals. So please, do not rush to cashout, we aren't going anywhere.

Thanks for the update Cindy, I know you guys are trying to do what's best.

OTX already has something like this into place, I'm just amazed the GF doesn't either.

I've never done survey's except for on here, but I have done both Daily and SM's, then OTX.

I agree with the OP, cashing out never crossed my mind! Really does make you wonder..

m 'n c
02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks for laying out some ground rules. Not that we want to create another sticky around here but should we put those rules in a sticky or maybe in an exisiting sticky with an Update in the title?

jollytammy
02-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I feel sick cause it never entered my head that it was against the rules to use different email addresses. I saw only the goal of getting that one a day. :(

Hopefully with the rules in place I'll know better so I don't get anyone in trouble.

But it never enetered my head to cash out...maybe I'm not as guilty as I thought:confused:

LauraLea
02-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I too feel guilty for using multiple email addresses to get surveys, but never did it occur to me to cash out.

So sorry sunshine family for the grief this is causing you. I do hope everything can be cleared up and guidelines put in place.

laura

sunshinecindy
02-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for laying out some ground rules. Not that we want to create another sticky around here but should we put those rules in a sticky or maybe in an exisiting sticky with an Update in the title?

I think when we get the exact rules as outlined by GF then we will either put them on the survey page or make a sticky or both. Good suggestion.

spring
02-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the update, Cindy. I too have been feeling sick to my stomach about all this and guilty that I have played a part in tarnishing SR's wonderful site.:( However, it didn't occur to me to even try to cash out when hearing the news. If there are reversals, I am more than willing to pay for my errors.

saffymom
02-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Add me to the list of guilty ones. I've used three addresses and DH uses one. Our income just changed, so I've changed my demographics too.

I have done surveys for other sites, but I never repeat the same survey so I thought this was OK. I guess not.

I feel bad that I may have been part of the problem, but I never intended to be. Hopefully this can all be staightened out. I am one of those sick people who loves doing surveys and would really miss them if they go away!

sunshinemckenzie
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
this is something that you might want to consider, sunshine family.

Only a fraction of the SR users frequent the forums. Might there be a way to include ALL rules on the Login Page on SR? That way the ones who don't use the forum knows what is expected of them.

I personally think as a whole, the forum users are on top of things and committed to making SR work. It's the ones who don't use the the forum are the ones we need to worry about.

I think at one point I think I read there's over 10,000 Sr members and of those only 1500 are registered with the forum. By posting it only on the forum, you are only hitting a small amount of ppl. everyone has to login in at one point or another and having the rules there would get the biggest audience.

Just a suggestion

Kittykat
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Well, color me dumb! :rotfl:

For once, my ignorance paid off! :p I had no idea that people were using multiple email addresses and using other family members to do surveys. I wondered how anybody could meet the quota for a month for the bonus when I couldn't even get a SINGLE survey. Honestly, my record for November through January is a BIG FAT ZERO. I've been plugging along with the same old address and demographics the whole time...

SunshineGirl
02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
I just got back from running the girls to dance class (what timing for SG to be in California!). I got an email from my OLD contact at Greenfield who said that it might take them until tomorrow morning to get all of the users blocked so that they can open up the system to the rest of us again. When it DOES get opened, I will post a notice with the requirements that Cindy got from Greenfield.

They are supposed to send me a spreadsheet of all of the userids that are being blocked. From what I understand, you WILL be unblocked sometime in the next week once they come up with a better system to keep people from taking the same survey more than once. But their IT is going to have to figure that one out and it may take a week or two. Then you will be let back in on a trial basis to make sure that you are complying with the new rules. As long as you do, no problem. If you do NOT, then we would have to look at banning you from SR. But I truly think that once we all know the rules, we won't have a problem with our members following them.

I'm still calming down. LOL! Thank God for Cindy and Angie for knowing how to talk me down out of the trees sometimes!!

tinad171972
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I am feeling so guilty because I use one or 2 email addys for me, my hubby uses one or 2 and my sister is here on a regular basis and if I can't get one I might ask her to do one for me. I hope that this doesn't hurt me or SR. I would hate to lose my account here because of a small amount of money.

SunshineGirl
02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Sadly, the people who are feeling guilty are likely the ones who did nothing wrong! It's the people who were really working the system in a bad way that are likely just saying that Greenfield or SR got what was coming to them.

I don't want anyone to feel bad for using different email addresses when we all thought that was okay. Or asking other people in your house to take them when we were encouraging that. The only thing that bothers me on the part of our members was where people were intentionally taking the SAME survey over and over just for the money.

PartiesByCatharine
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
This is a shame! :(

fakrisch
02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I too have used a few different e-mails. I thought it was ok. I am truly sorry to have been part of a problem. I will strictly follow the rules whatever they may be. Thanks for all you do everyone at Sunshine!

piglet-for-me
02-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I also apologize if I have been a part of the problem. I'm very new to the surveys - in that I have just recently slowed down enough to qualify. I hope I haven't taken the same survey more than once, if I did, it certainly wasn't intentionally. I'm finding it's hard to keep track of those I've taken and remember if I already took it. I guess I need to come up with some type of system, provided I'm allowed to continue.

spring
02-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I just had a thought. Why do we even need to put in email addresses prior to a Greenfield survey? It seems to me if you belong to a rewards site and are taking surveys, the info should all just be there each time you go in. I know I don't have to put all that info in when I do one on Pinecone or the other one I occasionally do. But I don't think they use Greenfield as their survey company, either. It would simplify the matter greatly if all this data was already entered, then you can either get a survey, or not, based on this data. As I said, it was just a thought.

StitchandPooh'smom
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry if I have caused any issues as well. Most surveys are done with a single e-mail that I use, but DH occasionally does a survey with a different e-mail. I have never knowingly done a survey twice, but I have had some that seem similar but not exactly the same.

One question:

I generally do the follow-up surveys that Greenfield sends, but usually DH does not. Usually he seems to get follow-ups that they say will take 40 or 60 minutes, and he is not going to do that. Is that causing a problem? If so, I won't have him take any more surveys even if Greenfield says multiple household members can take one.

Sorry for any trouble!

jollytammy
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Guilty as charged, again. I never thought about it, if the survey came up I did it. I'd just answer questions, and if one came up that looked familiar, sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't, so I just went with the flow. Again, never realized it was wrong--of course, I never really thought very hard about it. Sometimes they'd start out the same, but have different ads and different products, same kinds of questions.:(

fordisneyap08
02-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I am so sorry!!! I have also used different email addresses and have had family members take surveys also. I did not realize this was not allowed:confused: I always exit out of a survey if I know I already have taken it---although as someone mentioned before sometimes the focus of a survey starts to go a different way and in this case I was always confused on whether to exit out or not:confused: I feel so bad that I could be part of the problem. SR is a wonderful site and I am so sorry this has happened:(

SunshineGirl
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I also apologize if I have been a part of the problem. I'm very new to the surveys - in that I have just recently slowed down enough to qualify. I hope I haven't taken the same survey more than once, if I did, it certainly wasn't intentionally. I'm finding it's hard to keep track of those I've taken and remember if I already took it. I guess I need to come up with some type of system, provided I'm allowed to continue.

I think, actually, that if you just continue to use the same email address, it will not permit you to take the same survey again. That's why they assume that if you change your email address, it is so that you CAN take the same survey again (which is WAY overbroad an assumption).

askomsky
02-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I think, actually, that if you just continue to use the same email address, it will not permit you to take the same survey again. That's why they assume that if you change your email address, it is so that you CAN take the same survey again (which is WAY overbroad an assumption).

That is a broad assumption bc I've also come across several where they may be a week or more apart, same type of survey lets just say cars, but then they change the type or the ads or etc, to me that's not the same survey but again not sure how greenfield is checking it.

I do feel bad, I used two different email addresses just to get off my 24 hr rotation that I got stuck on, so I would alternate between the two every other day. The handful of times it tried to give me a duplicate survey I backed out, but then again as mentioned above some were very similar but different, if that makes any sense.

Does Greenfield take into acct the SM survey's were doing also? I was thinking about it on the way to my son's Home and School meeting tonight and it's very likely with my demographics that I did nearly 60 survey's last month between the daily and the SM survey. But that's ONE per day for each one so two a day for GF. I feel lucky to be able to qualify for so many, but I truely believe it's bc of my demo's which I am being honest about. Having a higher income in a metro area that's very condensed makes me believe that's how we (dh and I) could qualify for so many.

Tricia I hope it all works out for the best for you, I would really hate to see this go down the wrong path and ruin everything you worked so hard for.

Soccer Princess
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm another who has used multiple e-mails in the past to get a survey. Hopefully with the new rules completely spelled out, there won't be any more issues with anyone! Sorry Tricia :(

jfrog
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
AAAACKKK!!!! I am guilty also! I have 3 emails that I jump between and I have also had house guests give it a try from time to time! Some guests were from other states, so the demographics would have been different too....oh my-I am so sorry that I have caused anyone any grief! I don't think I could come anywhere close to 170 per month no matter how hard I tried! But if dh and I took the same survey somewhere down the line and didn't know it...or if someone else here qualified for a survey that I had already taken, I would be more than happy to give those credits back! Like everyone, I thought the few emails we use and asking friends (always from the same computer though) was ok. I cannot believe some folks rushed to cashout! I did not even think of that either! My main concern is for SR to keep its excellent reputation and I am just sick that I have contributed to anything negative in GF's eyes about SR! I'm so sorry, Tricia and Cindy, that you have to go through all of this--like I said, I think anyone of us here that have gotten any survey credits that we shouldn't have will glady give them back. Sending you hugs:hugs:

lrsellars
02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry if I'm part of the problem too. I didn't realize using different email address was a problem and we have children of a different race too. I know that I did get a couple of surveys that were the same and my husband did too but I just answered them exactly the way I did before and told him to do the same. I didn't realize that they weren't tracking by IP address. I always assumed that they were weeding out the survey's based on that, not the email address. The good thing about one of the surveys is we are probably going to buy the product after each one of us did the same survey and got interested in checking out the vehicle. I just now realized too, that I usually didn't change the sign-on screen unless it "lost" its information where you enter your demographics. Didn't even think about that being a problem.

I'm a member of Pinecone (if we can't use that name here, please delete it's reference) and they track by user name and password that they give you. It would be nice if Greenfield would do something like that.

Also, how does OTX keep up with their surveys? I don't think I've ever entered an email address with them and I've never gotten the same survey twice. I've gotten some similar but don't remember the same one.

I feel really really terrible about the whole thing. I think with a clear understanding of what we can do and what we can't do, we can all do a better job and keep SR going. I DON"T do any other rewards sites except clicks. NO other surveys anywhere. It's hard enough doing them once a day (or three times with the OTX and SM ones). Also, are we suppose to keep the same email address that we do the regular ones with for the SM ones. I thought we were to clear cookies and it also didn't matter if we used a different email address. The more you think about this, the more questions comes to mind. Sorry Tricia!!!

fourfoxesinpa
02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I am so sorry!!! I have also used different email addresses and have had family members take surveys also. I did not realize this was not allowed:confused: I always exit out of a survey if I know I already have taken it---although as someone mentioned before sometimes the focus of a survey starts to go a different way and in this case I was always confused on whether to exit out or not:confused: I feel so bad that I could be part of the problem. SR is a wonderful site and I am so sorry this has happened:(

Add me to the list of apologizers. :sorry: I remember when I started taking the surveys a few months ago, I posted a note on the forum asking if I had to use my email address registered with SR and was told no - you can use multiple ones. I think I have 5 or 6 email addresses that I share with my dh so there could be two sets of demographics for each email address - one for him and one for me. We take turns with the addresses and they are not dedicated to a particular user. I don't take surveys on any other site and certainly wasn't one to get 170 of them. If I start a survey that I've seen before, I back out. I even go so far as to not check a box on the survey start page that I know will prompt a particular survey that I've already seen and not qualified for.

I agree with previous posters that any rules for taking the surveys should be posted on the surveys page as there may be members who don't visit the forum. This is very important and details/rules could easily be overlooked.

I am extremely sorry if my use of multiple email addresses has contributed to this problem.

Jamie

SunshineGirl
02-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Does Greenfield take into acct the SM survey's were doing also? I was thinking about it on the way to my son's Home and School meeting tonight and it's very likely with my demographics that I did nearly 60 survey's last month between the daily and the SM survey. But that's ONE per day for each one so two a day for GF.

Acccording to Greenfield, it is okay to take one Greenfield survey directly and one of the SM/Canada surveys.

Chris
Sorry if I am part of the problem. DH and I both do them and we have children that start at age 22 to 10. We all use different email's.

kayjo
Count me among the guilty. I'm sure I'll be blocked because I use 4-5 different e-mails for the various members of my family. If I don't qualify then my DH or one of my DDs will try and they all have their own e-mails. Sometimes I will even enlist visiting family members who have different demographics like my niece or mother. SR is the only RP site that I complete surveys on and I don't even do the SM surveys (too lazy to clear cookies).
I am truly sorry if I have contributed to this mess. Whatever conditions Greenfield imposes, I promise to abide by them. I will even forgo taking surveys if my membership comes into question. There's so much more to SR than the 80 cents a day I earn from surveys.
I do have one area of concern that I think needs to be addressed. On several occasions both my DH and I have qualified for the same survey but on different days. The answers to the questions have been different but I'm not sure if Greenfield considers this "fraudulent" activity. Could someone get a definitive answer as to whether or not this is allowed? That way I will know whether or not to exit a survey if one of us has already completed it.
Thanks SR family for all of your hard work and I'm very sorry for having contributed to this problem.

bellanlivismom
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
We have had a couple over time where DH takes the same or almost the same survey...So I guess I screwed up there too. :sorry:

3dog2kidmom
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Guilty as charged, again. I never thought about it, if the survey came up I did it. I'd just answer questions, and if one came up that looked familiar, sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't, so I just went with the flow. Again, never realized it was wrong--of course, I never really thought very hard about it. Sometimes they'd start out the same, but have different ads and different products, same kinds of questions.:(

Same here, and I'm so sorry if I'm part of the problem. Honestly, I get booted out of so many that I can't remember if one I've taken that seems familiar is really the same or just similar for a different product or if it's one that's previously booted me out after I've gotten most or all of the way through it.

We've all talked about changing email addys frequently in order to qualify, and I have several I just plug in whatever I think of. DH also does his share, and once in awhile SIL/BIL/MIL are here sometimes they like to do them too so we can get our one a day.

We don't do surveys on any other sites than SR, and I don't change up demographics except the education question because it's a gray area for both of us and there isn't a clear cut answer to that question.

I hope we are given another chance with some clear rules, and I think we'll all be more careful to put whatever individual systems in place are necessary to make sure we're not breaking them.

sunshinecindy
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Well, color me dumb! :rotfl:

For once, my ignorance paid off! :p I had no idea that people were using multiple email addresses and using other family members to do surveys. I wondered how anybody could meet the quota for a month for the bonus when I couldn't even get a SINGLE survey. Honestly, my record for November through January is a BIG FAT ZERO. I've been plugging along with the same old address and demographics the whole time...

I'd say you are pretty safe then. :rotfl:

lrsellars
02-04-2008, 09:42 PM

I think (and I think someone else already posted it too) that this information needs to be on the SR sign in page for the surveys. I'm sure there are many members (my mother-in-law is one of them) that can't get a grasp of the forums. She still has trouble with the offers, etc. so I know she doesn't read any of the forums. I've tried to help her but she's not familiar with computers and the computer world.

I hope that they figure out a way that we can follow their rules and not have to worry if we are doing something wrong without know if. I've been gone most of the evening and to come home and read all of this and feel like I'm part of the problem is terrible. Truly sorry!!!

Alice28
02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
good to know about the new rules. I will adhere to them strictly. I did change demographics if DH or mom was doing them, cause, well, they're different? I thought that was OK to change to 'male' or DH is of hispanic decent cause his dad grew up in Panama and spoke both languages at home, etc. I also didn't even think about if it was the same survey. I think there were a few back in November that were duplicates??? But I'm not sure. Ugh, I feel just sickened by the whole thing. I also NEVER even did the SM survey- I could never qualify so I just gave up. So although I am guilty of the different emails, demographics, etc I have no clue about earning more than 25-30 surveys a month with Greenfield.

And now I look totally guilty cause I did cashout today- before I realized what was going on- a birthday is coming up and I wanted to give them the Disney gift card. I'm going to go hide under a rock now. :(

cglaura
02-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Well throw me into the mess of this one. I know I've take surveys that were very similar when I've changed emails, though different questions were asked and a different actual product was shown.

I also have alot of people in my family in very different age and income brackets to rely on some as far away as Nevada, so I'm sure that just looks totally wonky to Greenfield. Though I've really only had 4 or 5 of them take surveys.

I just gave my January survey bonus to the Make a Wish Foundation in the rewards section. I don't need this hanging over my head and truly never meant any fraud out of it. So at least that money will go to something good.

I do hope they come up with some concrete rules so this can all be cleared up and SR doesn't get hurt.

wdwabby
02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
OMGracious ... I just got home from work to this. I am so, so sorry for the stress this must be causing you Tricia & the rest of the SR team. I am another who has used multiple emails, probably a totaly of 3-4 in the time I've been here, though I've reverted back to just the original one the past month or so ... I've had a rough time getting surveys lately, but I could never imagine just taking the same one over and over again ... but I hope we don't lose the surveys, as someone who doesn't have the funds to shop, the surveys are my bread and butter :(

tommygirl79
02-04-2008, 10:05 PM

I agree...while I understand keeping to one email address to make it more simple, I was assuming that if DH did a survey using the same email addy that I would get pegged for trying to change my own demographic just to get a survey, which isn't the case - just a totally separate person doing the survey. Does that make sense? This rule definitely needs to be clearer - if we have to use only one email address, then is it going to be against the rules to have anyone other than the SR member themself to do the survey? If you are looking at multiple email addys AS WELL AS people changing demographics, something has to give in this situation. Because as it is, you're darned if you do and darned if you don't...

That being said, Tricia, I'm sorry again you've had to deal with this today and I'm sorry if I had any part of this (although I haven't gotten a darn survey in awhile now).

Glad to hear that they are at least working with you on this and that some resolution is going to take place.

SunshineGirl
02-04-2008, 10:08 PM
When they told me that they think that members are memorizing the surveys so that they can take them with multiple email addresses really quickly, I was just baffled! I've taken a few surveys and I cannot imagine the thought of MEMORIZING the survey so that I could take it faster next time. And don't they get tripped up by the quality control timer???

It's all bizarre. Totally unexpected. But we'll weather it. 'Cuz we're the SR Family and that's what we do. :sunshine:

zoodoyle
02-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Guilty as well! So sorry for any trouble..... (I feel like it's time to go to confession :angel: )

askomsky
02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I just gave my January survey bonus to the Make a Wish Foundation in the rewards section. I don't need this hanging over my head and truly never meant any fraud out of it. So at least that money will go to something good.

That's a good idea, and I had thought about that earlier too, but if I happen to be one of those people GF deems fradulant I would rather Tricia and SR take any credits back so they don't lose anymore from it. If not I'm defintely going to donate more (already did one donation 2 wks ago) once GF and SR determine our fate!

penn19
02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
When they told me that they think that members are memorizing the surveys so that they can take them with multiple email addresses really quickly, I was just baffled! I've taken a few surveys and I cannot imagine the thought of MEMORIZING the survey so that I could take it faster next time. And don't they get tripped up by the quality control timer???

It's all bizarre. Totally unexpected. But we'll weather it. 'Cuz we're the SR Family and that's what we do. :sunshine:

I have 4 kids, sometimes it is difficult for me to remember what day of the week it is let alone memorize surveys.

wisconsinmom
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=SunshineGirl;109216]When they told me that they think that members are memorizing the surveys so that they can take them with multiple email addresses really quickly, I was just baffled! I've taken a few surveys and I cannot imagine the thought of MEMORIZING the survey so that I could take it faster next time. And don't they get tripped up by the quality control timer???
QUOTE]

:eek: Who on earth would have time to do that!

Melissa
02-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Count me among the guilty - I'm new here and have been trying to do what was right. :( I see now it wasn't. (Different e-mails - same demographics). I know of at least one time in January where I got booted from a survey after answering a gray area question, then was later offered the same survey, answered the other way on the gray area and completed the survey. Also, as others said, one that was quite similar but different ads.

I guess ignorance is not an excuse, and I'm sorry to have been part of the problem. I hope to be allowed to continue, and I promise to be more careful. As far as cashing out, I haven't even been here long enough to be allowed to do so yet - still looking forward to that first thrill. :sunshine2:

askomsky
02-04-2008, 10:17 PM

Memorizing it??? The only time I tried to do that was when one survey showed me like 10 ads and I was really trying to pay close attention to what was in every ad!

This is where I'm getting really confused now with what GF is saying.

Are they saying that too many people are doing too many in one day?
Or that people are using too many email addy's to get the same survey?

Are they going to be ok with having two email addy's off one IP address?
Like mine with my demo's and DH's with his? They should talk to OTX and ask them how they do it bc OTX seems to have it down to only taking one a day!
Or is it all the above? :) I guess these questions will be answered once GF gets back to you, I'm still trying to wrap my head around what they are calling fradulant.

Oh and I do agree with the OP's, I think something has to be put on the GF survey page for all those members who don't do the forums, and maybe a SR email to all explaining it once all the details are ironed out.

lrsellars
02-04-2008, 10:20 PM
When they told me that they think that members are memorizing the surveys so that they can take them with multiple email addresses really quickly, I was just baffled!

The vehicle advertisement surveys were always the same questions (or very similar) but different ads. That was the surveys that asked you what vehicles you would be interested in if you were to get a new one but they always showed different vehicle ads. I know that they are a survey site but I'll have to say that I bet when the "ideas" they show us really come about, we are some of the first ones to buy them. I've done a lot of surveys that I'm anxious for the product to be put on the store shelves.

OhMari
02-04-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't understand how they were able to take that many survey's. I freaked out when I completed one and never received a congradulations page. So thought I thought I didn't complete one and I went back and took another one. When I finished the 2nd one, I got, "the thank you page"-then received 2 credits the next day.

There is no way you can go back until the next day to take another survey. How did they get around the "come back tomorrow, you exceeded your daily limit of survey"-message?

T1nkrules
02-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Tricia,

I'm really sorry that you have had this added stress. I can't really believe anyone memorizes these things...heck! I'm lucky if I can get one much less qualify! :computer: ....I hope Greenfield will realize we are a great group! :hugs:

rjk
02-04-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm another guilty party. Several email addresses, while actually only one gmail account but I move the .'s around to get several. Also, if I couldn't get a survey one of my children, DD16, DD18, DS26 or DS28 or DH would do one. Of course the demographics changed because they are who they are and we are different.

As for taking a dupicate survey I am sure that it happened. I don't watch over there shoulders when they take the survey. Besides as long as I didn't take a duplicate (and I won't say that I never took a duplicate) it is their survey so their answers will be different. Many of the surveys seem to start the same and then go a different direction at some point. Are these duplicates or not? Also, in 6 months I've only taken approximately 65 surveys and I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast let alone what was on a survey I took last month.

I am sorry if I have done something incorrect but it seems to me that with today's technology, GF could do more on their end to prevent this. What this really seems like to me is GF has some customer that is unhappy with the survey results and they are having to explain why they have what looks like duplicate IP addresses doing duplicate surveys.

:sorry:

Iteach
02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Count me in as a member who is apologizing to the SR family and community. I have been sick to my stomach and feel guilty since reading about this. I, too, have used different email addresses, had other family members do surveys using their demographics and email addresses, not mine and have probably done the same survey more than once, but I would never intentionally or knowingly do anything fraudulant. I'm sorry that I was part of causing a problem. If I am allowed to take surveys again, I will strictly adhere to the rules and guidelines of taking surveys. I don't belong to any other reward sites and value everything about SR.

aknight373
02-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Add me to the sorry list..

wow i am so shocked!!!! I was at work all day today, then went to school and decided to float around on here tonight.. and wow i am shocked

i am sorry i was changing my emails address and getting my husband to do some also...

i dont remember doing the same surveys, but that doesnt mean i remember ever survey i took also!!!!

I am so sorry, we love this site!!!

sunshinemckenzie
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM

SAY WHAT?!?!?!

OK, I'm getting really confused. First, and I'm not trying to be a hag here by any means, but how in the world can anyone memorize any given survey? It would be different if the things were like 5 minutes in length and GF only had 10 different surveys BUT you can spend 45 minutes on a survey and still get to the very end and be told "Sorry, you don't qualify"(which if you were trying to memorize it you just wasted brain cells). Or who is to say that even by changing email addys, demographics, etc you will even get the same survey because GF has so many of them. Imagine how many surveys you would have to memorize before you found the magical one so you could chenge the email addy or demographics just to take it again.

I could believe the findings of changing email addys or different demographic because everyone was at the understanding that it was permitted. But this is a new one on memorizing. Shoot most days I can't remember my name or find my glasses(usually on top of my head).

I wanna meet the person who has the time, effort, and MIND to memorize surveys and then spend the remaining day trying to find the exact same survey to take again and again and yet remember to GO SLOW so they are in the require time frame. And any other rules that are in place so they can get that all mighty 80 cents.

Don't get me wrong, but that is bogus. Who in their right mind would want to spend 30-45 minutes on a TIMED survey to make .80. And let's face it,it's not even a garenteed 80 cents because you never know if you are going to get to the end of the survey to find out that if "Sorry, you don't qualify", "Sorry, this survey is already filled", not take back to the Congrats page, or if GF is even going to pay SR. I know for myself, there has been many times I have taken a survey to be told at the end I don't qualify, that I wasn't take back to the SR congrats page, or I just didn't get credit. You just suck it up and try it again tomorrow(tho it does irk a person to complete a survey only to be booted and not paid because at the end of a survey their classifications didn't make the cut)

And now they are saying ppl are memorizing surveys. Tricia, I respect you, love SR, and would defend you/it to the end, but I think someone is trying to rock an unrockable boat. Does GF know how foolish that remark sounds to those of us who sweat day in and day out trying to do a survey for 80 cents?

Delete this comment if it is necessary but I think that comment is just down right foolish.

mjjmbnmm
02-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, color me dumb!

For once, my ignorance paid off! I had no idea that people were using multiple email addresses and using other family members to do surveys. I wondered how anybody could meet the quota for a month for the bonus when I couldn't even get a SINGLE survey. Honestly, my record for November through January is a BIG FAT ZERO. I've been plugging along with the same old address and demographics the whole time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same thing with me, I never even thought about changing my e-mail, and I always so the surveys unless they ask for a child to complete it., teh my daughter who fits the age group completes it.

chipndale
02-04-2008, 10:51 PM

Memorizing a survey :rotfl: Who has time for that? I know that DH has taken surveys for me and usually the next day when I ask him what it is about all he can tell me is that he did or did not complete a survey. I have found out that if I don't write down what the survey is about right away, I can't remember for the life of me what the survey was on. :rotfl: But memorizing a survey? As others have said, some surveys start out the same and then just as soon as you think it might be the same survey as what you have taken in the past, you go in a different direction.

Arky
02-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Same here, and I'm so sorry if I'm part of the problem. Honestly, I get booted out of so many that I can't remember if one I've taken that seems familiar is really the same or just similar for a different product or if it's one that's previously booted me out after I've gotten most or all of the way through it.

We've all talked about changing email addys frequently in order to qualify, and I have several I just plug in whatever I think of. DH also does his share, and once in awhile SIL/BIL/MIL are here sometimes they like to do them too so we can get our one a day.

We don't do surveys on any other sites than SR, and I don't change up demographics except the education question because it's a gray area for both of us and there isn't a clear cut answer to that question.

I hope we are given another chance with some clear rules, and I think we'll all be more careful to put whatever individual systems in place are necessary to make sure we're not breaking them.

That is exactly how I feel! I have started so many surveys and get booted because I'm going too fast, that I can never remember if I made it all the way through. I am guilty and truly sorry!

dizneemom
02-04-2008, 11:08 PM
And now I look totally guilty cause I did cashout today- before I realized what was going on- a birthday is coming up and I wanted to give them the Disney gift card. I'm going to go hide under a rock now. :(
Is there room under that rock for one more? I cashed out today, too. The surveys I did on Friday and Saturday were just enough to get me another Disney GC. It didn't even occur to me that there would be a rush to cash out. I just wanted one more GC to use to make my final payment later this month. Mia culpa.

bartleby1
02-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Well, I'm also among the "I'm sorry" group if I've done anything to contribute to this mess. I usually do a survey here with my email addy (always the same one) and if I can't get one on here, sometimes my dad helps me out (he's here alot watching the kids for me) and he uses his email addy (always the same one) with his demographics. In addition, my DH does a greenfield survey some days on another site (with his email addy and demographics, always the same). I really didn't think this was a problem.

Because we each only use one email addy, I don't believe any of us would have completed the same survey twice, however, I'm sure that there were times that DH or my dad may have completed the same survey that I have. Again, I didn't think it was an issue since we each should have our own, individual opinions to contribute to a survey. This still isn't clear to me. Are they looking for each survey to be completed only once per household/IPaddress? Or is it once per person?? I guess that will be part of the final details...

Again, I'm sorry if I've contributed to any of this!:hugs:

SunshineGirl
02-04-2008, 11:16 PM
SAY WHAT?!?!?!

And now they are saying ppl are memorizing surveys. Tricia, I respect you, love SR, and would defend you/it to the end, but I think someone is trying to rock an unrockable boat. Does GF know how foolish that remark sounds to those of us who sweat day in and day out trying to do a survey for 80 cents?

Delete this comment if it is necessary but I think that comment is just down right foolish.

No deletion necessary. I think you are right. There is some overreacting going on right now in an effort from them to "make good" with with some advertisers that complained. It sucks...but as a rewards site...we have been down this road before. And when other sites couldn't take the heat and closed their doors, we retooled and kept ours open.

In the plus side in all of this, we have a HUGE announcement coming in the next week about a new way to earn gift cards without spending any money at all that is 100% legitimate and can't be cheated. It won't be a way to earn tons of money, but it will be fun and it will benefit both our members and us at the same time. :)

cglaura
02-04-2008, 11:21 PM
In the plus side in all of this, we have a HUGE announcement coming in the next week about a new way to earn gift cards without spending any money at all that is 100% legitimate and can't be cheated. It won't be a way to earn tons of money, but it will be fun and it will benefit both our members and us at the same time. :)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I've been sick to my stomach all day over this mess.

sunshinemckenzie
02-04-2008, 11:22 PM
That's the SR we love and cherish...someone can back us again a wall and Tricia comes up with an announcement that makes us wanna Dance.

WAHOOOO TRICIA...when it looks the bleakest, you always bring :sunshine:

bartleby1
02-04-2008, 11:23 PM
No deletion necessary. I think you are right. There is some overreacting going on right now in an effort from them to "make good" with with some advertisers that complained. It sucks...but as a rewards site...we have been down this road before. And when other sites couldn't take the heat and closed their doors, we retooled and kept ours open.

OOOOHHH, Tricia, you just KNOW that we are not good about waiting, lol!:rotfl: Can't wait to hear about it!

askomsky
02-04-2008, 11:24 PM

Ohhh that sounds exciting and promising!!!!! I just hope they get their tech's to figure it out and get on the ball!

Originally Posted by Alice28
And now I look totally guilty cause I did cashout today- before I realized what was going on- a birthday is coming up and I wanted to give them the Disney gift card. I'm going to go hide under a rock now.

Is there room under that rock for one more? I cashed out today, too. The surveys I did on Friday and Saturday were just enough to get me another Disney GC. It didn't even occur to me that there would be a rush to cash out. I just wanted one more GC to use to make my final payment later this month. Mia culpa.

I wouldn't feel to guilty I'm sure there are a few who like you were cashing out for good reasons, not the "other" reasons. We're all feeling guilty about it but there's nothing we can do until GF lets SR know what they expect and want from us.

kxmeeh
02-04-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm sooo sorry guys, I feel really guilty right now. I think I am going to be on the list of banned people. We use 2 different email addresses, mine and dh. I was using another site, but I don't think I've done anything there at least since I came back from disney. I hardly do any shopping and almost never any offers, so to lose the surveys would stop just about everything for me except paid clicks and the sunshine scratch off. This is a site that is trusted and appreciated. We know eachother, chat together, and even know about each other's animals. I would truly feel like I was losing friends. (friends that I know I need to make more time for in the chat room ) Because of this site, my girls loved bibbidy boppity boutique and I know there are so many other memories that were made because of all the hard work the sunshine family does every day for us. I will definatly follow all the rules once they are laid out. I do have to agree the people who read the forum are probably not the ones that are deliberatly taking advantage of the system. I work all day, and log on trying to take a survey to relax. who can actually get done 170, must have no spouse, no kids, no job....thinking of ballet, girl scouts, pta, chorus and all the other things I (and all the rest of us) have to do daily just ot try to make the house run without too much chaos.

lanny76
02-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Well, I feel a little better now that a few things have been explained and Tricia tells something exciting will happen! It is like the clouds parted and the sun shone thru again!!
On the note of memorizing - I used to be pretty good at memorizing passages from books and stuff to quote, but now, I'm lucky to remember what I put on my grocery list - I usually have to look several times so I don't forget. Come on, yes, I can remember if a survey seems similar - but to purposely memorize the whole stinking thing! Good grief - pooh on that theory of theirs.
I too know that I have done a duplicate survey or two - but the only one I can really think of actually happened three weeks apart, and I didn't think of it till I finished it. Also, recently there was a survey about baby formula; I know I took a similar one 3 times, but I thought it was OK, because though the questions were similar, the specific product it asked me to evaluate WAS different. Otherwise I would have clicked out of it. Probably Greenfield doesn't know there was actually a difference though, and presumes I memorized the survey so I could retake it over and over. But it wasn't the case.
But anyway, I will take the correction meted out to me - and just be glad for whatever chance I have to continue to do surveys and keep on with SR. Because it IS a great place!

Kim929
02-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Wow. I am sorry for this news. but it really does seem a little far fetched. I wont' do a survey on another site just so I don't get confused about what I've done. but then again, I seem to waste my time doing surveys only to get to what should be the end and get the sorry you don't qualify. Seems to me they are the ones that are scamming us...lol. They have us fill out all the pertinent info get what they are looking for then shut us out of the .80 cents. Just my 2 cents worth.

mom2ian
02-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Yikes! I've been in and out all day and not had time to respond to this, but wanted to add my apology too. DH and I have used different emails when trying to qualify, but I was under the understanding we could as long as we only took one survey per day. I don't take surveys at any other sites, but I know this week we had 1 or 2 duplicate surveys here so I will probably be on the bad list too.

3dog2kidmom
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I've taken a few surveys and I cannot imagine the thought of MEMORIZING the survey so that I could take it faster next time. And don't they get tripped up by the quality control timer???

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read yet! I honestly can't remember if I took a survey some mornings, let alone memorize them. Heck, most days it's a challenge to remember if I've brushed my teeth, taken my thyroid pill, and grabbed my cell phone before heading out the door to work (did I mention I am approaching the mid-40's? LOL!).

I am looking forward to whatever you have up your sleeve Tricia! Thanks for always looking out for us, and again I'm sorry you have to deal with this mess and for my involvement. :sunshine2:

jessd
02-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Well, you can count me in as one of the guilty ones. I will probably be banned. I have 3 email addresses, DH has one and my mom has one. If I can't qualify for one under one of my addresses, which I use the same demographics on all 3, then I have one of them try with their own email and their own demographics. I honestly don't know if there were duplicates, maybe once and a while. If I saw one that looked familiar, I would exit it, but like some have said, not all the questions were the same in some of them so I would assume it was a different survey.

SR is the only site I do surveys through. I don't even do the ones Greenfield sends me in my email even though some of them pay more than the .80 I get from SR. I am completely loyal to SR and will follow any survey guidelines there are. I am truly sorry for any problems that I may have been a part of.

Edited to say: If someone has the time to do 170 surveys in one day, they have way too much time on their hands and should get a hobby or a job.

Pooh's Pal
02-05-2008, 01:15 AM
WOW..I've been gone all day and just came home and read this...Oh my, 170 surveys...I can't even get into one (like my tag says!) I am forever TRYING to qualify...but hardly ever get into one and when I do get inot one, I spend 10 minutes answering questions to get an "I'm sorry you don't quailfy" Or "Our quota for today is full"!

I use one email address(yes a gmail) and sometimes when my dd is home I'll have her try to get into one with another email address...but those times are far and few between and she usually has no patience for it. I've gotten, I think, 2 surveys in Jan...and Zero so far in Feb.

so to those that get more than one...do they make 80 cents x 170??
I'm just baffled! And memorize them...yeah right!!
And will Trica (or SR) notify those that can not take them any longer, or will you just not be able to even enter the survey page?

Wow ..... :confused:

mollyeilis
02-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Well, I'm in on this late.

I have some thoughts, and I hope they are seen as helpful, not just complainy. :)

I think they feel if you get the same survey and change your email addy that you are putting in different demographics to try to be eligible.

I have a strong feeling that maybe they don't really know how their system works in real life. I think they *think* they know, but maybe that they don't. Maybe they think that complaints are just sour grapes, rather than things they need to look at.

You guys have told us it's OK to use different email address and to have other members of our household take the surveys. So I'm not going to apologize for that, it was within the rules! I'm also not going to apologize for DH and I taking the same surveys as each other. When a company is conducting surveys, they are *supposed to* want a broad base of demographics and opinions, and since DH and I are very different (white vs Asian, doctorate vs some college, female vs male, and then different opinions, especially on sports, LOL) they are getting good, diverse, info when each of us takes a survey for them.

There IS, however, one thing that happened in November that after the fact I felt super-bad about!

(this is apology and also a description of what can happen when you're not actually taking notes to memorize things, LOL)

Hubby remembers everything. I, however, have a great time re-reading mysteries over and over because I rarely remember how they ends, let alone the stuff in between the makes the stories fun. I rarely have a problem with someone online because of who they are, because I work very hard to not notice who is posting (there are some exceptions, LOL). I just let these things breeze through my head.

Therefore, it took me approximately four times taking this one ridiculous deli survey back in November, before DH finally reminded me that I had talked about the survey before. I then went back in my notes (which go like this..."daily survey, Molly, email address x, 'deli'") and saw that I had, indeed, done it before. I felt like an idiot, and honestly, it was a crazy survey for me to get into to begin with, because I'm vegetarian and there's not that much for me IN a deli! :rotfl:

So I'm sorry I did that survey more than once, and I'm glad DH let me know that I had already talked about it. Shortly after I finally realized that, you guys announced that taking the same survey was naughty, and I felt even worse.

The way their system works...

In reality, I can go in with my main email address and work through, trying to get surveys. I'll end up with nothing. I will then, using everything the same, change my email address, and suddenly a whole wash of different surveys will show up.

Why is that? Why would different, new, fresh surveys come up by just changing an email address? It doesn't make sense, it actually shouldn't happen, IMO, and I'm not sure they realize that that happens. It's why I change my email address, so that I can get different ones instead of cycling through the same ones or coming to a standstill.

If I still can't get any, then we get DH to do them. So that IS changing everything but income, but it's being changed because it is a different person doing it.

Do they know that that happens when you change nothing but your email address?

The only thing that bothers me on the part of our members was where people were intentionally taking the SAME survey over and over just for the money.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But just changing an email address is not a surefire way to get the same survey. In fact I have ONLY seen it happen (getting the same survey over and over) with the deli survey I mentioned, and that certainly wasn't on purpose. One can't know what surveys are "up" that day, let alone the next and the next and the next!

But if someone is doing their surveys through different sites on the same day, and are doing that same survey more than once on the same day, then I can see that a person might have the expectation of seeing the same survey. But that gives them a much smaller list of people not want to deal with.

Only a fraction of the SR users frequent the forums. Might there be a way to include ALL rules on the Login Page on SR? That way the ones who don't use the forum knows what is expected of them.

Definitely agree.

Yikes! I just realized I recently changed my income bracket (according to Greenfield) because DH got a raise. Is that also going to be a problem? What are we supposed to do if something like that changes? One day you don't work for a car company, the next day you do? How are we supposed to change that information without it looking like we are trying to trick the system?:confused:

I have that same question. Hubby switched jobs and incomes from one day to the next.

They can do what they want to do, but I certainly hope that they know how their system works to the user. If they'd like someone to help them with that, I'm happy to do so. I always like helping borderline too much when it's not 100% my business. :rotfl:

I got four surveys in January. I should have gotten 6, but two just disappeared. I was part of that yogurt survey fiasco the other day. I haven't qualified yet for a Feb survey at all, even though I promised myself I would do them every day starting 2/1. Sigh. I have spent quite a lot of time on surveys, putting my heart and soul into them, and have been disqualified early, medium, and late, have gotten through them and not gotten credit... I can only HOPE that they can take the time to look at how their system works in real life, to people who have worked very hard (even if those same people might have accidentally in retrospect realized they had messed up) to make everyone (including themselves) money.

T1nkrules
02-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Well said. On that note, how DO you get more surveys? I put in the types of surveys I've taken and use one email address for the dailys and OTX. I have a big problem getting the surveys you all talk about. I've also been kicked out early and middle, etc. , so I don't count those since I really never took them. My older daughter may move in with me for a while (apart form the other daughter who lives 3 miles down the road and also does SR!) ...that will change my demographics....and I don't call that cheating...but people's cirmcumstances do change......perhaps if you show them all these examples from our end and perspective....?????? It goes back to you can't really take the human component out of it.

tarheelpat
02-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Like everyone else, I'm feeling guilty b/c I have multiple email addresses.

I also am worried b/c I couldn't decided whether "income" is supposed to mine or the household's on the qualifying page -- it does not make this clear. I recently changed this to my income to see if it got me more surveys, and I don't know whether my husband uses his or the household's. Before I start doing surveys again, can someone tell me what this is supposed to be?

pbhall13
02-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Glad to hear that the surveys were being shut down accross the board....I was becoming paranoid......heck it is tough enough for me to qualify for one and I could not for the life of me figure out why everyday so far I did not qualify!

I am sorry that this happened. I don't understand why people are trying to 'play' the system. I know that most of us don't, just wish it did not come to this..........I work very hard to just qualify for even 10 surveys a month...I could not imagine 100+...who has that kind of time!!!

Hoping all works out, keeping my fingers crossed.

Pamela

cuppycakemom
02-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Ick. Sorry that this is happening. I've used multiple email addys in the way that others have described, as well. I think it's been established that none of us knew any better...hope that Greenfield realizes that. As for the multiple surveys, I'm shocked that people have so much times on their hands. I can't find time to qualify for one (or one plus SM) on here most days!

Now, I'm betting that I've taken the same survey over again, but not because I meant to. I'm just not what I used to be with my memory....if they don't fix that part, I guess I need to start writing things down....it's the only way I can remember anything:rotfl:

Add me to the list of apologizers, though I don't FEEL like I did anything wrong, since it wasn't purposely!!:sunshine2:

missymouse
02-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Well if it is just the last month or so I should be relatively safe. I think I have only used 2 e-mail addresses and only do one site. In October and November we had several sets of guests and they would try to help me qualify. There have been days that I thought a survey wasn't accepted and ended up getting credit for two but I rarely do the SM survey because I never qualify. But honestly every set of demographics I have ever used was a real living breathing person. As far as duplicating surveys I may have been guilty at some time of that because so many start out alike and then take a different turn or maybe it was the exact same one but it had been awhile since I had taken it and didn't remember it. Maybe the time has come to start recording the surveys I complete. As far as I know I have used 2 primary ones, and 1-2 others occassionally. Then maybe 2 others that guests have used because I thought you couldn't use your usual one if someone else took the survey because it would look like you were changing the demographics to qualify. If I am banned for awhile that is ok but I hope I am not and I really hope that my name didn't come up as being the really bad child so I don't get banned from SR

amarazas
02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm one of the guilty ones... I use a couple different e-mail addresses.. more because I was trying to figure out a way to remember whose info was connected to which e-mail account and I was trying to keep one e-mail specific to mine and one for his info. But more recently I've only been using two.

But I'm also guilty of being on another site doing surveys, I haven't done many in the past couple of months... But now I'm wondering since I have an account with the other survey sites if I'll be blocked untiL I can go through the . Even when I was doing both, I don't remember doing the same survey twice.

I'm sorry that this has caused as many problems. Hopefully GF will be able to do their surveys like OTX... Now with OTX, I have been doing surveys with them in the past on their site, but since they have been offering the a survey every 24hrs, I do it here. But even b4 OTX had surveys here, I haven't been on their site for awhile!

:hugs: SR team - Good luck with working everything out with GF! Thanks for all the work you do for us SR members!!! :hugs:

nolacindy
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Memorizing surveys???? Heck sometimes after I take them I have no Idea what they were about! Another guitly one of using a couple different e-mails, but haven't qualified for anything over the last 3 months (not that I've been trying very hard). Hope everything gets better and can't wait to see whats in store!

sammielynn
02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Have a day where you can't get on the forum and see what happends. I always feel like a guilty party, but this time I can say I'm in the clear. I only use one e-mail address for surveys and hardly ever qualify! How does one person qualify for 170 surveys in a month????
So sorry this is going on. I do love my sunshine!

svwkirby
02-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Wow, sorry this is happening. I'm another one that's used multiple email addresses, but only after reading it was ok here. My demographics have bounced around some too because our income dropped drastically over the last year. As far as I know, I don't do the regular GF surveys anywhere else, but I have started doing the My 2 Cents ones elsewhere since I'm not a SM here. The only thing I ever do besides that on other sites is clicks and trivia.

Like everyone else has said, I'll go back to using just one email.

TtownAnne
02-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Wow, this is baffling. I've hardly ever qualified for surveys, so I hope I'm not a guilty party. 170 times?!?!?! Do people really have that much free time? I am likely one of the "taking surveys too quickly", but I still have never figured that out - why people should be penalized for reading quickly and being able to answer questions appropriately is beyond me. It's not like I put in gibberish answers, they still make sense, I just happen to read fast and I don't have time to do 10 other things while waiting for a survey!

linanglab
02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I also am feeling guilty. I only do surveys on Sunshine. I do use my gmail acct with the dot thing and I do change it around. DH does surveys and I have also had friends come over and sometimes we will see if the they qualify - not that often, but it has changed the demos a bit. I did not know we were not allowed to do that. So, I guess it looked as if I was doing a survey more than once, if a friend completed it? SOOOO sorry. I have always been honest though about my surveys. I don't put in different ages, or area, or income, or anything else just to qualify.

And if I did do a survey more than once, it wasn't because I intended to. I have taken surveys before that kicked me off, and I have done those surveys again on another day. And I have been credited more than one survey a day before (2 or 3 times) and maybe it was because of that....

Sorry if I am one of the guilties.....I am a rule follower, and did NOT mean to be fraudulent.

faithhope
02-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I've certainly tried to follow the rules... but it is hard if they aren't stated clearly. I'm sorry if I did anything to hurt SR... I love this site. Thanks for dealing with the stress and mess that has resulted. There is always going to be a bad apple or two (170 surveys?!? - no wonder there weren't any left for me to take)

I feel bad for trying to help greenfield now with their security hole. My time and yours wasted, and then this is the thanks?

Thanks SR team for supporting us and always being on the lookout for new earning opps for us.

Magical JenK
02-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Ooh, I'll also own up to changing the income because 1) we both made more in 2007 than in prior years & also 2) sometimes I did change it to either my individual salary or our combined income simply out of frustration of not getting any surveys. My apologies.

As for memorizing surveys?!:confused: I just don't know how that's possible. If by putting in the same demographics/email each time is supposed to generate the same survey, how is THAT memorizing the survey? Going through a survey fast because you've done it before or just aren't giving it your honest time & opinion...ok, I'll give you that would be an example of not being honest, but again, memorizing?? What could you possibly be memorizing? I don't understand their reasoning behind that.

I'm wondering if they're suggesting that someone is savvy enough to figure out how to GET the same survey by changing something behind the scenes or forcing it to bring up, not the demographics page...and let's face it, technology is NOT my strong suit, so I wouldn't know where/how to do that. But to me, it's got to be more something along these lines than those of us using the gmail dot or more than one email address.

What's really going to be sad is when we finally all get the OK to do the surveys again & then we'll be double checking & questioning every little thing we do & making sure what we did is not fraudulant & obeying their rules (which I will of course).

For me, what will most likely happen is that I'll be too frustrated w/trying for surveys w/just my info so I'll probably stop doing them. Sad but true. DH always gets more surveys than I do. I do this site for fun, not frustration.

bartleby1
02-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Well, after sleeping on the information and issue at hand, I'm thinking that maybe they aren't talking about people MEMORIZING the whole survey, but that people could be memorizing the qualification questions and then putting in different answers with different email addys until they qualify. Like if one of the qualifying questions asked "How many movies do you see a month", someone could pick one of the answers and if they got booted out they could put in another email addy and pick a different answer.

Gotta run, it's lightening bad here.

sunshinecindy
02-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Looks like they are opened up. Try the surveys now. If you are eligible, you should be able to get in.

LuvMyBoys
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Ooh, I'll also own up to changing the income because 1) we both made more in 2007 than in prior years & also 2) sometimes I did change it to either my individual salary or our combined income simply out of frustration of not getting any surveys. My apologies.

As for memorizing surveys?!:confused: I just don't know how that's possible. If by putting in the same demographics/email each time is supposed to generate the same survey, how is THAT memorizing the survey? Going through a survey fast because you've done it before or just aren't giving it your honest time & opinion...ok, I'll give you that would be an example of not being honest, but again, memorizing?? What could you possibly be memorizing? I don't understand their reasoning behind that.

I'm wondering if they're suggesting that someone is savvy enough to figure out how to GET the same survey by changing something behind the scenes or forcing it to bring up, not the demographics page...and let's face it, technology is NOT my strong suit, so I wouldn't know where/how to do that. But to me, it's got to be more something along these lines than those of us using the gmail dot or more than one email address.

What's really going to be sad is when we finally all get the OK to do the surveys again & then we'll be double checking & questioning every little thing we do & making sure what we did is not fraudulant & obeying their rules (which I will of course).

For me, what will most likely happen is that I'll be too frustrated w/trying for surveys w/just my info so I'll probably stop doing them. Sad but true. DH always gets more surveys than I do. I do this site for fun, not frustration.

I agree. My DH gets a lot more surveys than I do so if he can't take them then I guess I won't be getting many surveys to worry about.

There is only so much frustration that I can put up with too for 80cents. If Greenfield can come up with clear rules and stop throwing around accusations of fraud, then I will likely keep trying for the surveys. But right now my feelings towards Greenfield are pretty soured by this whole thing (in addition to the yogurt survey ripoff anger!) :(

lanny76
02-05-2008, 11:11 AM
So - we are only allowed to try ONE email address, that is correct? That being the one with which we signed up for SR? And if this did not work for me I am to presume that I am one of the few out of thousands who was deemed naughty enough to be banned? That really makes my day - that and the snow and cold outside.
So, if we were one of the few banned, do we get to know what they specifically are blocking us each one for - when I am being disciplined for having done wrong, I like to know specifically what I am being disciplined for. Of course, this may not be possible and I understand that. But I just feel like a bad child who doesn't know exactly what offense she's been sent to her room for!
So now we just wait until they think they have it fixed so no one can 'cheat' the system, and then they'll deign to give a trial chance to the banned ones?
Sorry if I sound peeved - but I guess I sort of am. I did not set out to be fraudulent, I am NOT a cheater, but it must be what is thought of me.
Anyway, life goes on, and the sun is always shining behind the clouds.

tinad171972
02-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Well I tried and it won't even give me options to check, does that me I am one of the bad ones, or just that there are no surveys for my demographics?

fourfoxesinpa
02-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Well, no survey for me so that must mean I'm tagged. It's extremely insulting to be suspicious of fraudulent behavior when all I did was follow the suggestions/guidelines/rules posted within this forum.

I feel sorry for Tricia and Cindy that this ugly monster has reared its head and have nothing but :love: for SR.

Having said that, I am very frustrated with GF if they don't realize that (1) a lot of people have more than 1 email address, (2) more than 1 person often uses the same computer and (3) demographics DO change. Some people have a monthly income that is dependent on commission - some people get bonuses...what do you do in those cases? Lie to keep the demographics the same or change the income to be honest and risk getting tagged for fraud? I only have an Associate Degree. That's not always a choice in the education section. So, sometimes I have to check "2 year degree," sometimes I have to check "college degree." They probably have a problem with that too. Oh well, until they figure out a way around these issues, I'd have to say I have no interest in doing a GF survey. I will not risk losing SR privileges. I have a lot better things to do than spend 40 minutes for a lousy 80 cents. If I was going to be fraudulent, it would have to be worth a lot more than that! (Not that I would be - you understand my point). Sorry to sound snarky, but look at that yogurt survey the other day. You can't tell me that we were all completing that in a suspicious manner. Yet, I'm sure that was one of the straws that broke this camel's back.

linanglab
02-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Well I tried and it won't even give me options to check, does that me I am one of the bad ones, or just that there are no surveys for my demographics?

I have the same thing. It just says if I am not (email inserted) to click here. (Why the put that in, if you are not supposed to used different emails is beyond me!). It says I have no surveys to qualify for today. I am not sure if it was DH or me that had the last qualifications. How do we find that out? If we are not allowed to use the dots for gmail, how do I change my email again with a non gmail email....without being fraudulent again.

zummi525
02-05-2008, 11:18 AM

that was my question i was going to ask because i as well didnt get any options just the there are no daily surveys for you right now i admit my family have used 2 addresses to differentiate the people but i never thought i was doing anything fraudulent hopefully we will find out more details soon

lrsellars
02-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I think I'm going to wait until the rules are defined before I try another GF survey. I don't want to do something (again) that isn't what they want. I did click over to the screen and there weren't any "check boxes" for qualifying so I'm probably not going to get the opportunity anyway.

OTX doesn't seem to have trouble keeping up with what they have already given us so I'll continue to do them as long as they are offered. They haven't complained to SR yet so I don't feel like I'm doing anything they aren't allowing. Also, it seems like I can qualify for more OTX surveys than with GF. If that continues, I won't have to ask DH to do any. He would really like that too. We work together every day so he's been asked more times than he would like to do a survey. Originally he liked them and sometimes he's still really interested in the products but he's not crazy about the variety of ways they ask you the questions. Like how do you "feel" about something.

toystoryduo
02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm so sorry for all that you are going through with this, Tricia.:hugs:

My DH and I have been taking surveys only through SR and we have changed up e-mail addresses. When I don't qualify for one, he tries. When he doesn't qualify for one, I try. I think my DH and I may have even taken the same survey a couple of times. (not during the same day) I am so sorry....I didn't know this was against the rules. :(

I hope everything gets straightened out soon. Again, I'm very sorry. :(

barbaraapple
02-05-2008, 11:25 AM

I am getting the samething!!!
Quess I am one of the bad ones even thoe I only use 1 email address and alot of time I get my husband to complete the surveys because he can get a survey most of the time and I can hardly ever get one .. :(

JOLAROCHE
02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Tricia
There was a car survey you had to pick what letter car you were interested in. This suvey came up for me more than once on my same email. I am sure and I was booted out I do not think I ever made it past the page where you picked the letter of the descricption of the car you wanted. I have even backed out of this one because I was sick of it coming up. I want to say this happened in December. Thats probably the only survey I remember because of the way the page was set up

wilsonfamily4
02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
It tells me there are no surveys at this time, does that mean I am okay or is that the way they are stopping people? I hope there start to be surveys again. For the last week I only seem to get no surveys available!

penn19
02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Well, I must be one of the "flagged" ones. It won't allow me to take a survey. I used 2 emails, 1 with my demographics, and 1 with my husbands. Everytime. Maybe they are flagging the people who complained about the yogurt survey.......:angel:

MKelley226
02-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I am probably a banned one too. I too am guilty for the things that I thought that were allowed and seems that a whole bunch of us are....and they were not intentional. I have had my DH and son take surveys for me under their demographics also. I guess I will sit back and take a break this month and see how things are in a few weeks. Seems to be a few sour lemons ruining the lemonade between this and the offers (ie..now waiting 30 days to re-try).

SunshineGirl
02-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't take surveys very often but when I do, I alternate between two different email addresses. I just tested the system a bit ago and I was able to get one. Cindy tried and could not. But she has used a gmail address in the past month (without dots). So we are starting to suspect that they might be blocking everyone who has used a gmail address.

We're still waiting on the list from them of who was blocked, but I do think that if it says "if you are not XXXX, click here" and never gives you the check boxes, you have been temporarily blocked. :(

LuvMyBoys
02-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't take surveys very often but when I do, I alternate between two different email addresses. I just tested the system a bit ago and I was able to get one. Cindy tried and could not. But she has used a gmail address in the past month (without dots). So we are starting to suspect that they might be blocking everyone who has used a gmail address.

We're still waiting on the list from them of who was blocked, but I do think that if it says "if you are not XXXX, click here" and never gives you the check boxes, you have been temporarily blocked. :(

Thanks for the clarification Tricia. That really stinks though b/c I use a gmail address for mine and I have never moved the dot around. I use a yahoo address for my DH but I doubt that he can try for a survey now either?? :confused:

memanana
02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Add me to the list of using 2 addy's so sorry did not think it would be a problem hope everything is soon cleared up and new rules in place so we can do our survey's :(

Tiggerific711
02-05-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm confused. Should I try with the gmail address I primarily use for SR daily surveys or the email address I signed up for SR with? (I use that as my primary email and don't do surveys with it.) I don't want to cause even more trouble!

OhMari
02-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm out.

I don't have a g-mail either. I don't even know what a gmail is.

TIAMOMMA
02-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I guess I'm banned too, I have an AOL address that my husband uses for surveys and a gmail address (never changed the "." on the address) that I used to keep it straight (and to avoid either of us doing the same survey twice). This stinks, because neither of us ever changed our demographics to get a survey. If I couldn't get in, my husband would try under our aol address, if neither of us got in we chalked it up to a "no survey day". :( :confused:

kayjo
02-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I just tried my e-mail and my DH's and I'm getting the "No surveys available" page so I guess I'm blocked. We don't have gmail accounts but use Yahoo and AOL. Any idea of when those of us standing in the corner will be allowed to play with the other children again?

bartleby1
02-05-2008, 12:02 PM
I guess I'm blocked too. I'm getting the 'no surveys' available. Makes me wish I hadn't given them all of the survey information in the past.:(

Pooh's Pal
02-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Cindy tried and could not. But she has used a gmail address in the past month (without dots). So we are starting to suspect that they might be blocking everyone who has used a gmail address.

Don't think it's a gmail thing, cause I use a gmail email addy and I got into several this am..(although I didn't qualify for one)!

I'm off to work in a few minutes and do not have a half hour or so to do one, so I'll have to check again this evening! :confused:

wilsonfamily4
02-05-2008, 12:05 PM
If the there are no surveys available for you at this time is blocking us I am upset. Sure I change my emails but I only take surveys at SR and I only did 11 last month and 0 the month before. I do not have a gmail account. They need to seriously work on their site.

chipndale
02-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Well, I guess I am one of the quilty ones also. I just went to the survey page - I entered the email that I signed up for SR with (which I have hardly ever used for surveys) and received the message no surveys available. Oh well I guess I will have to think about if I want to continue doing daily surveys. I guess it will all depend if DH is allowed to try or not. I guess time will tell.

Debbie Jean
02-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I guess I'm also on GF "naughty" list... gmail, multiple e-mail addresses, others in the house doing surveys, were not violations of any rules as I understood them. But live and learn. :(

What burns me is that after slapping me on the wrist, when I click on the link the message is "There are no surveys at this point of time for which you qualify. We again thank you for your interest and time and hope to see you soon."

What?????????????? :confused:

faithhope
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
don't panic :sunshine2:

I don't think they have many surveys in their system right now...
I think their system is still acting wierd...

I've tried (all with the same address :angel: ) 5 times so far...

2 took me to a blank page...
1 let me try to qualify for a survey, and then gave me an error page
now I'm getting no surveys available for you

Just because it says no surveys...doesn't mean you have been blocked... it could mean they don't have any surveys for you...

DisneyMa
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
What burns me is that after slapping me on the wrist, when I click on the link the message is "There are no surveys at this point of time for which you qualify. We again thank you for your interest and time and hope to see you soon."

What?????????????? :confused:

Just got the same message! I guess I am being added to the "bad kid" list:blush: :mad:

piglet-for-me
02-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I also tried. At first it popped up with the yahoo address we've used for my husband to qualify. Then I changed it to the one I used to sign up for SR with my information.

I was able to get into one, but it just hung up.

Tried again about an hour later, and it told me to hit continue which when I did, it said I had to allow cookies. I thought they were already enabled, so I exited out as I couldn't get any future.

Now I get the no surveys available message.

Debbie Jean
02-05-2008, 12:30 PM
don't panic :sunshine2:

I don't think they have many surveys in their system right now...
I think their system is still acting wierd...

I've tried (all with the same address :angel: ) 5 times so far...

2 took me to a blank page...
1 let me try to qualify for a survey, and then gave me an error page
now I'm getting no surveys available for you

Just because it says no surveys...doesn't mean you have been blocked... it could mean they don't have any surveys for you...

Possible, but I doubt it. Only because I am getting the same screen to login that I had yesterday... no options to click except "if you're not so and so" click here" and "start survey". And I HAVE used multiple emails, allowed others in my household to take surveys, etc. so if they want to hold me accountable,well, OK. But what burns me is that all of these issues have been discussed and I think many, many of us are now being punished for something we thought was fine to do.

Thinking about this last night, I got more and more annoyed... it's just so unfair to Tricia and the majority of SR members who as a population of users, I think have gone out of their way to try to find out what the rules are and abide by them. GF has to take at least SOME ownership for the problems they're having.

Now for the person who did 170 surveys in a month, I won't say find a hobby, I'd say find ANOTHER hobby!

kimntrent
02-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Gonna throw a ball in here. I took none in January. I did like 10 in December. And I get the same thing. I personally think reading all this they are in trouble not us.

Kim

marcymajor
02-05-2008, 12:38 PM
i guess i must be part of the "bad" list as i have not qualified for any GF surveys today and i have used 2 other email addresses of mine. if that makes me a bad person then i am truly sorry as that was not the intent. i do enjoy taking surveys and so do other members of my household so if you want to ban me for that - so be it. i will understand and not hold it against anyone.

Stinkerbelle
02-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I must be on the naughty list too. I've never used my gmail address but I have used 2 emails, 1 for me and one for DH.

DisneyMa
02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Are we allowed to do the SM or the extra survey? I usually don't do them (one survey per day is enough for me) Should we just wait and hold off on all surveys for now?:confused:

athoods
02-05-2008, 12:47 PM
That can be the only thing I am guilty of because I only shoot for 1 a day and I don't do any other surveys accept the ones here. :confused: No way can't I even get 30 in a month must less 170.:(
I must be on the bad list as well since I couldn't get 1 yesterday or today. There isn't even a list to quailify with. Just start survey. and then the Unfortunately there are no surveys that you quailify for try later message comes up.

sunshinecindy
02-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Well honestly, I'm extremely irritated by all this. You can't give me guidelines, but you say I break them. You tell me to let my family take surveys, then get mad cause my demographics and email addy changes. My personal thought is some advertiser got all in arms about something and now its coming down on us.I don't think its fair, I don't think its right, but, they have us over a barrel, so, until we can get futher clarification, or they can fix their friggin system so it doesn't allow us cheaters in,we are relegated to just looking and listening for the go ahead and how we should be proceed. I know like me, all of you have given honest, clear answers to the best of our ability. What would we gain to lie? And, if perhaps we did the same survey by mistake, so be it. Its not like we can remember what we had for dinner last night let alone a survey we took 3 months ago. And, if our DH or some other family member took the same survey, so what, they answered their way, so in essence, they got another good survey from it. I could go on and on, but for the sake of SR and you guys having to read this, I'll quit here. As usual, I think you all get my drift.

Debbie Jean
02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Well honestly, I'm extremely irritated by all this. You can't give me guidelines, but you say I break them. You tell me to let my family take surveys, then get mad cause my demographics and email addy changes. My personal thought is some advertiser got all in arms about something and now its coming down on us.I don't think its fair, I don't think its right, but, they have us over a barrel, so, until we can get futher clarification, or they can fix their friggin system so it doesn't allow us cheaters in,we are relegated to just looking and listening for the go ahead and how we should be proceed. I know like me, all of you have given honest, clear answers to the best of our ability. What would we gain to lie? And, if perhaps we did the same survey by mistake, so be it. Its not like we can remember what we had for dinner last night let alone a survey we took 3 months ago. And, if our DH or some other family member took the same survey, so what, they answered their way, so in essence, they got another good survey from it. I could go on and on, but for the sake of SR and you guys having to read this, I'll quit here. As usual, I think you all get my drift.

:clap: Well said, Cindy! I totally agree!

bellanlivismom
02-05-2008, 12:55 PM
You can add me to the naughty list. I only tried with MY email and MY demographics. DH did use a gmail address, but never used "dots" just the actual address. :(

askomsky
02-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure if I'm one of the bad guys or not, I used the one email addy that I signed up with for SR and the one I used the majority of the time, it's not a gmail, yahoo, etc. It's from my provider but when I filled in my demographics it took me right to the there are no survey's available for you at this time.
So unless they really don't have any, then I am probably on the naugty list too, which is fine, I'm done trying to feel like I need to explain my actions when I was giving them honest answers and doing what we thought we were allowed to do.

athoods
02-05-2008, 12:56 PM

I agree 100% totally with you Cindy!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :headache:

Magical JenK
02-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Now for the person who did 170 surveys in a month, I won't say find a hobby, I'd say find ANOTHER hobby!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
That made me giggle!! Good one Debbie Jean!! Ha!

DisneyMa
02-05-2008, 01:04 PM

YES!! Ditto! :clap: :clap:

LuvMyBoys
02-05-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure if I'm one of the bad guys or not, I used the one email addy that I signed up with for SR and the one I used the majority of the time, it's not a gmail, yahoo, etc. It's from my provider but when I filled in my demographics it took me right to the there are no survey's available for you at this time.
So unless they really don't have any, then I am probably on the naugty list too, which is fine, I'm done trying to feel like I need to explain my actions when I was giving them honest answers and doing what we thought we were allowed to do.

I totally agree. We all followed the rules that we thought were in place, and no one likes being accused of acting fraudulently. DH and I both took surveys using different emails so I guess that was enough to get me banned -fine. I don't have any love lost for Greenfield and their "technical problems".

Greenfield is just like another coffee company that I won't mention, they make the mistake b/c they do a bad job designing their website and then they want to blame it all on us!! :confused: :computer:

And after reading on the daily survey thread that the yogurt survey is still up and still burning people, I really don't feel too bad about being banned.

wilsonfamily4
02-05-2008, 01:09 PM
You know what I find funny. For some reason I care about a survey when really I took 11 last month and 0 the month before. I didn't care about surveys then so really it shouldn't bother me if I am banned. but it does. weird huh. :) I guess I like to know I can get that 80 cents if I want.

askomsky
02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I totally agree. We all followed the rules that we thought were in place, and no one likes being accused of acting fraudulently. DH and I both took surveys using different emails so I guess that was enough to get me banned -fine. I don't have any love lost for Greenfield and their "technical problems".

Greenfield is just like another coffee company that I won't mention, they make the mistake b/c they do a bad job designing their website and then they want to blame it all on us!! :confused: :computer:

And after reading on the daily survey thread that the yogurt survey is still up and still burning people, I really don't feel too bad about being banned.

Ditto I was burned on that coffee co too.
Ditto to what Cindy said too, I'm done for now until they can get their act togehter.

TIAMOMMA
02-05-2008, 01:21 PM

Amen, sister! (Even though you are preaching to the choir!:rotfl: )

rjk
02-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Another naughty one here.

No go on any surveys. I did have DH and adult children do surveys with my gmail moving the dots around but always with appropriate demographics for them.

Anyway, can we move on. What about the scavenger hunt??????

:sunshine: :sunshine:

JOLAROCHE
02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I guess I am on their list or should I say off their list as I cannot get a survey either. This happens alot to me. I thought it might have been my age thats why I started leting DH do surveys. Sorry if I helped mess this up.

spring
02-05-2008, 01:47 PM

I have just had it up to HERE with Greenfield and this whole situation. I'm not getting a survey today, so clearly I am also naughty. I have been guilty of using whatever e-mail address I felt like putting in, including g-mails with dots. I have also taken similar surveys, although, to me, they seemed different. Some people mentioned the car ones and I agree. The financial ones are another example. They all start out the same, but branch out into different banks/financial stuff/insurance companys. Some you have, some you don't.

Anyway, I don't think Greenfield got this new surveillance technology overnight. They have been fully aware of whats going on, but as long as they were making money off of us, they turned a blind eye. Now that they have gotten their hand slapped, suddenly it is an issue. I'm DONE with them!
I'll be happy to do the OTX surveys which I have very little problems with, the paid offers, and shopping (I love the shopping). But it will take a LOT of convincing to make me do another Greenfield survey.

I have a VERY stressful job, and I like to come to SR to relax and have fun. When it becomes stressful, then I might as well be at work. I just got off the phone with a patient who had a tumor excised yesterday at my surgical center and was scared out of his mind that it would turn up malignant. Interacting with people like this is what I do, so when I come to SR, I want to relax and enjoy myself.

All right, I'm off my soap box. Thank you Cindy for your realistic view about Greenfield. I'm not going to miss doing their surveys, that's for sure!

cuppycakemom
02-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh well. I guess i've been a bad girl too, which I find hillarious since I think the best month I had with surveys was 20:rotfl: GF has got to have something better to do than bad those of us who aren't doing these things on purpose. I mean, really.

In any case, I HAVE used my gmail, but never with the dots. Oh well. From here on out (if i decide that I'm ever going to look at GF again), I'll use my email that I signed up for SR with (which by the way is the one telling me there are no surveys for me to complete).

They have a lot of stinking nerve, I'll say that.

~Kathie
02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Gonna throw a ball in here. I took none in January. I did like 10 in December. And I get the same thing. I personally think reading all this they are in trouble not us.
Kim

I think this is the bottom line here. A short while ago, they were congratulating Tricia because SR had the most surveys taken ever. Now all of a sudden SR members are committing fraud, lying and trying to beat the system??? Give me a break.

The advertisers came down on them and they are passing the buck.

Cindy......you put into words the frustration we all feel. Greenfield has questioned our integrity when we were following the rules that they set. I was upset before and felt guilty and now I am MAD!!! :mad:
How DARE they???

Wish there was someone in that company right here I could slap upside the head. :computer:

SunshineGirl
02-05-2008, 02:14 PM
The bad news is that Daily Surveys is a lot of what pays the bills for SR. We give back most of what we get in shopping (for a lot of stores, we actually pay back 100%). We actually take a loss on the Sunshine Scratch Off and Paid Clicks. That leaves Daily Surveys and Offers. Offers are slooooow this time of year. And we only get so many new ones a month. So the Daily Surveys pay for a good part of the site. As much as I want to just tell of Greenfield right now, they know they have me stuck.

And I just got the list of "fraudulent" addresses. I am appalled. I mean, speechless. I immediately responded that I wanted to talk to them. I'll let you know what I found out. But to say that they are really overreaching would be a drastic understatement.

askomsky
02-05-2008, 02:21 PM
The bad news is that Daily Surveys is a lot of what pays the bills for SR. We give back most of what we get in shopping (for a lot of stores, we actually pay back 100%). We actually take a loss on the Sunshine Scratch Off and Paid Clicks. That leaves Daily Surveys and Offers. Offers are slooooow this time of year. And we only get so many new ones a month. So the Daily Surveys pay for a good part of the site. As much as I want to just tell of Greenfield right now, they know they have me stuck.

And I just got the list of "fraudulent" addresses. I am appalled. I mean, speechless. I immediately responded that I wanted to talk to them. I'll let you know what I found out. But to say that they are really overreaching would be a drastic understatement.

That's what makes me mad, as OP's have said they congrulate you on the amount of traffic we bring, but now that their getting slapped they need to pass the buck. On one hand they have been the bulk of my credits, bc I can qualify for many, on the other I want to say forget it, I'm done.... BUT knowing that this is the BULK of SR's income, and not wanting to see SR suffer, I would continue back to doing them AS LONG as they have a CLEAR guidelines as to what is acceptable!!!! I did not feel along the way at all I was cheating by using a different email or taking a survey that was almost similar but slightly different, or having DH take one. So once they "let" me back on I would still do them in the best interest of SR!

lrsellars
02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
How does OTX compare to GF for SR making $$. Is there another survey company that we could use for the daily survey to start generating income for SR? I hate to see SR suffer because of all of this. I'm continuing with the OTX surveys but if there is something else you want us to try, I'm sure we are willing.

rjk
02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Tricia,

It really would be good if you could get them to clarify what exactly we were doing that was "wrong".

If we truly are multiple people (adults) that is it wrong for more than one of us to do the surveys? At that point do we not want to use different addresses?

As far as doing a survey twice should there system not catch that? I am lucky if I remember to pay the bills and take my medicine. I can't possibly remember what surveys I have taken and what surveys I have not.

This is very upsetting. None of us what to be scolded for doing what we thought was "ok". Its also very upsetting to be scolded and not told exactly why.

SunshineGirl
02-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Tricia,

It really would be good if you could get them to clarify what exactly we were doing that was "wrong".

As far as I can tell from "the list", anyone that used three or more email addresses in the last month was pegged as "fraudulent." Period. Even if you have a perfectly legitimate reason for using 3 email addresses. That is what makes me REALLY mad.

How does OTX compare to GF for SR making $$. Is there another survey company that we could use for the daily survey to start generating income for SR? I hate to see SR suffer because of all of this. I'm continuing with the OTX surveys but if there is something else you want us to try, I'm sure we are willing.

Right now we get OTX through a third party, so we get paid less per survey. But I can't help but think that if we could work with them directly, we would get paid more. We are definitely pursuing this.

~Kathie
02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
As far as I can tell from "the list", anyone that used three or more email addresses in the last month was pegged as "fraudulent." Period. Even if you have a perfectly legitimate reason for using 3 email addresses. That is what makes me REALLY mad.

That is enlightening since that is pretty much what most of us have been doing.

Right now we get OTX through a third party, so we get paid less per survey. But I can't help but think that if we could work with them directly, we would get paid more. We are definitely pursuing this.

Hugs to you. :hugs: Whatever you decide to do.....whatever works best for SR, we'll support you!

tarheelpat
02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
OTX surveys are not kind to me b/c almost all of them have the "does anyone in your family work for the media" question." I try every day but usually get about one a week.

If OTX would work for SR, I promise to keep trying really hard.:)

Debbie Jean
02-05-2008, 02:48 PM

As annoyed as I am with GF, I definitely appreciate your perspective, Tricia.

Maybe when you speak with them you can explain what they see as "fraud" was really a matter of "misunderstandings" on everyone's part here about the rules. I feel really confident that when SR members actually have some clear guidance on what is expected, these issues will cease to exist.

I know I was one of those people re-trying "free offers" every few days if I didn't get credit. Now that I know I need to wait a month, I just keep them in my pending file... no big deal.

Hope you are able to work out our differences with GF and get those of us who've been barred, reinstated... for everyone's sake!

sunshinecindy
02-05-2008, 02:53 PM

Geez, how did they expect my one tripolar personality to know what the other one was doing. Sheesh.
:D

penn19
02-05-2008, 02:56 PM
I have only ever used 2 emails for the surveys. Ever. And I think I am on their "list". So I wonder if there is more to it then that.

mjjmbnmm
02-05-2008, 02:56 PM
i got a survey with no problem today, so I guess I'm not on the list, but I never changed my e-mail address, I guess I was to dumb to even think of doing that.

wilsonfamily4
02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
i got a survey with no problem today, so I guess I'm not on the list, but I never changed my e-mail address, I guess I was to dumb to even think of doing that.

I am glad you get to. We need those who are able, to keep doing them for Tricia.

Magical JenK
02-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Ok, that's it! This whole Greenfield thing has got me so upset that I needed some retail therapy, so I bid on something on eBay (& won it too:cooldance: ) but I forgot to log into eBay through SR....so now I won't get credit! Dangit, out $0.80 for the survey, & NOW out $0.32 for my eBay win!! Dangnabit! :p

mollyeilis
02-05-2008, 03:07 PM

That sure does sound right.

I agree. Of course, we have continuously tried to HELP Greenfield do things better. I even sent a big email about that bizarre car survey with the A, B,C, etc boxes with the descriptions of cars, because it was *offered* to me several times, but despite answering the exact same way each time, different things were happening, including some fairly spectacular errors...I told them clearly what had happened and what was happening, and they never replied at all.

We tried to help them, and then this happens.

Certainly hope they look at my email addresses, to see that my household only finished and got credit for FOUR surveys last month, and that was with switching emails and having both DH and I try. It is quite obvious that just switching email address isn't a guarantee that you're going to actually get a survey, finish a survey, or get credit for a survey.

wilsonfamily4
Ok, that's it! This whole Greenfield thing has got me so upset that I needed some retail therapy, so I bid on something on eBay (& won it too:cooldance: ) but I forgot to log into eBay through SR....so now I won't get credit! Dangit, out $0.80 for the survey, & NOW out $0.32 for my eBay win!! Dangnabit! :p

O, i so hear you on forgetting to log into SR first. That always makes we want to kick myself.

SunshineGirl
I have only ever used 2 emails for the surveys. Ever. And I think I am on their "list". So I wonder if there is more to it then that.

You're on the list because you mistyped one of your email addresses one time by ONE letter. So that gave you 3 addresses total. :(

Debbie Jean
02-05-2008, 03:12 PM
You're on the list because you mistyped one of your email addresses one time by ONE letter. So that gave you 3 addresses total. :(

OMG!!!! You have to be kidding!!!!!! :computer:

Magical JenK
02-05-2008, 03:12 PM

Picky, picky! Jeez...who knew GF was so hard core?

bbangel
02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't think I've used more than 2 emails but the demographics on them would change depending on who was doing the survey. If they let me back on, I would just try and get them myself but that will likely only be a few a month :(

I know this must be stressful for you as you try and work it out. :hugs:

LuvMyBoys
02-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Picky, picky! Jeez...who knew GF was so hard core?

I wish I could get hard core with GF on that yogurt survey :angrywife:

Sorry, couldn't resist......I'm having a really hard time letting that one go! (In case you haven't noticed):rotfl:

DisneyMa
02-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Tricia, are you going to release a list? I'm sure I am on it and I don't know if I should try the SM and the OTX surveys. I don't want to do anything (else) wrong!!

I'm not doing any Sunshining until I know.:sunshine:

bajam
02-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I am on the naughty list as well. Even though I only had 7 surveys last month. My husband may have did 1 of the surveys I had done earlier, I'm not sure. I know I used 7 different emails. I would say I probably used a different email for every survey I've ever done because of the dot changing.

I think it's unfair for them to come out and change the rules and punish us for it after the fact. Now that I know I will only use one email address and my husband won't do surveys anymore. I told him that last night and he was excited about it anyway.:rotfl:

It is frustrating because I do take a lot of time to read the stuff and answer truthfully. I was even a little upset this weekend when I saw an ad for a coffee product I had done a survey on. The cup style shown in the ad was the one I didn't like in the survey. My opinion was overruled. At the time I thought I was wearing a big L on my forehead for being bothered by it but after all this I think it shows that I take them seriously.

TIAMOMMA
02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Tricia, are you going to release a list? I'm sure I am on it and I don't know if I should try the SM and the OTX surveys. I don't want to do anything (else) wrong!!

I know I've used a total of 3 different email addresses (2 different ones for myself, but same demos! and 1 for my husband) so I'm sure I'm on the list :( .
However, I'm not sure if I used only 2 of the 3 email addresses last month or perhaps all 3. I got so frustrated with only getting 4 surveys last month that I didn't go out of my way killing myself to get them!

SunshineGirl
02-05-2008, 03:29 PM

SM and OTX are totally separate, so those are okay.

I will probably notify some people who I really think did some things wrong (like using FAKE email addresses as opposed to multiple email addresses).

SunshineGirl
02-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Here's a really good example of a single user who threw up a HUGE red flag that caused them to come down hard on SR. This is ONE userid and the email addresses he/she used in January. It's pretty easy to see how this made us a target.

bcdfgbw2@yahoo.com
bshadb245@aol.com
dfsmgk354@aol.com
dfsnfjk33@aol.com
dfsnl323@aol.com
dkfk2k52@aol.com
dsfk24242@aol.com
dsjfj24@aol.com
dskf241o@aol.com
dsmfkk11@aol.com
dsmfkl2543@oal.com
dsnfkjq242@aol.com
dsnfm242@aol.com
fdnjkgj3@aol.com
ksdffk33@aol.com
ksdfk1241@aol.com
ksdfk22@aol.com
ksdk3k3@aol.com
ldsfl22@aol.com
lsdgl3456@aol.com
lsfl3335@aol.com
saldl24@aol.com
sall252@aol.com
sdah1h31@aol.com
sdfkk353@aol.com
sdfnjk25jk@yahoo.com
sdfnjkl25@aol.com
sdjkr2l5@aol.com
sdkf23k532@aol.com
sdkfk3r2@aol.com
sjfk23k5l2@oal.com
skdfk363@aol.com
sldtfg3o53@aol.om
srdmkfglk345@aol.com

penn19
02-05-2008, 03:43 PM

Wow! Just wow. Well, it was just a matter of time before I got busted I guess. Mistyping ONE letter, ONE time was all part of my master plan to corner the market on surveys.:rotfl:

bartleby1
02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Wow! Just wow. Well, it was just a matter of time before I got busted I guess. Mistyping ONE letter, ONE time was all part of my master plan to corner the market on surveys.:rotfl:

Boy, you are the master schemer!:rotfl: What are you going to do with all that extra survey money you got from mistyping that one letter, lol!

lanny76
02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Ok, I wish I knew how to put multiple quotes in here, but I don't! Suffice it to say I agree with what both CIndy and Pat mentioned earlier about breaking rules we didn't know about and so on, and having it up to here with Greenfield.
And if anyone who used more than 3 addresses are out - I am DEFINITELY probably one of the baddest on the list I am sure. Last month during crazy credits I finally got a gmail address, which I used sometimes - and only put a dot in in the last week, after I saw someone else mention something about doing that. I also got a live.com address to help with offers in the last 2 weeks of January - and used that a few times. When I saw that others had their DHs doing surveys with their own personal emails, I got my DH to do some with HIS 2 personal emails. Mind you, I didn't figure most of these things out till the middle of January and now I wish I had not seen those ideas or tried them.
I also know that one day when I was very sick I accidentally messed up and put the wrong username with the wrong .com - so that no doubt came across as a fake email address - so I am very sorry about that. I got NO surveys that day anyway - so how did I cheat the system that day??!! You will probably be sending me an email I am sure Tricia, because I am probably redflagged on the list of the baddies for that.
I also had a bad day - that same day I messed up the email address - where I know I accidentally entered the wrong race, which is so silly I didn't notice in time - but as I said I was very sick with a blinding headache and had no business trying for surveys. And I did give up having no success, but not in time, I guess. So I don't know why they'd think I had cheated them in that case.
I also got 2-3 extra surveys, but I sure didn't do that all on purpose! I was kicked out of a survey and then told I had exceeded the daily limit - but I didn't think I would get credit as I had not truly completed a survey.
So my list of sins goes on and on, I am sure.
I was resolved to be extra careful this month with surveys; guess I sure will be since I can't do any!
I am really sorry to have caused trouble for SR - and I sure hope something can be worked out so that you still have your 'bread and butter' with the surveys, sunshine family. I would hate to see such a worthy site not stay. Thanks for all that you have done to bring us sunshine:sunshine2:
Sorry for the long post.

zummi525
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
wow all those addresses i am blown away :(
cant believe that somebody went to all that trouble for just the survey which i really do take the time to as well i hate that as it was somthing to look forward to every day will it get into a survey today? or will i get refused kind of a game i played in my household i am very disappointed about being blocked but i understand and of course feel so sorry for the sunshine family and all the stress it has put you through

lanny76
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Here's a really good example of a single user who threw up a HUGE red flag that caused them to come down hard on SR. This is ONE userid and the email addresses he/she used in January. It's pretty easy to see how this made us a target.

bcdfgbw2@yahoo.com
bshadb245@aol.com
dfsmgk354@aol.com
dfsnfjk33@aol.com
dfsnl323@aol.com
dkfk2k52@aol.com
dsfk24242@aol.com
dsjfj24@aol.com
dskf241o@aol.com
dsmfkk11@aol.com
dsmfkl2543@oal.com
dsnfkjq242@aol.com
dsnfm242@aol.com
fdnjkgj3@aol.com
ksdffk33@aol.com
ksdfk1241@aol.com
ksdfk22@aol.com
ksdk3k3@aol.com
ldsfl22@aol.com
lsdgl3456@aol.com
lsfl3335@aol.com
saldl24@aol.com
sall252@aol.com
sdah1h31@aol.com
sdfkk353@aol.com
sdfnjk25jk@yahoo.com
sdfnjkl25@aol.com
sdjkr2l5@aol.com
sdkf23k532@aol.com
sdkfk3r2@aol.com
sjfk23k5l2@oal.com
skdfk363@aol.com
sldtfg3o53@aol.om
srdmkfglk345@aol.com

OH MY GOSH SAKES!!! That makes me feel like maybe I wasn't the worst bad egg. That is truly outrageous.

marcymajor
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
how can one person have some many email addresses. i admit that i used more than one but not 34 like on that list. i am truly sorry tricia for all of my "badness" and i am truly sorry for everything you are going through with greenfield. we did not know it was wrong ( i know that is no reason) so again i am forever sorry for all the pain that i might have caused you. can you forgive me?:(

askomsky
02-05-2008, 04:01 PM

That's just INSANE!!!!!!!!! :computer:

askomsky
02-05-2008, 04:07 PM

No where near dumb! Very smart in my opinon!
April

mjjmbnmm
02-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Who has time to come up with that many addresses.

askomsky
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM

bcdfgbw2@yahoo.com
bshadb245@aol.com
dfsmgk354@aol.com
dfsnfjk33@aol.com
dfsnl323@aol.com
dkfk2k52@aol.com
dsfk24242@aol.com
dsjfj24@aol.com
dskf241o@aol.com
dsmfkk11@aol.com
dsmfkl2543@oal.com
dsnfkjq242@aol.com
dsnfm242@aol.com
fdnjkgj3@aol.com
ksdffk33@aol.com
ksdfk1241@aol.com
ksdfk22@aol.com
ksdk3k3@aol.com
ldsfl22@aol.com
lsdgl3456@aol.com
lsfl3335@aol.com
saldl24@aol.com
sall252@aol.com
sdah1h31@aol.com
sdfkk353@aol.com
sdfnjk25jk@yahoo.com
sdfnjkl25@aol.com
sdjkr2l5@aol.com
sdkf23k532@aol.com
sdkfk3r2@aol.com
sjfk23k5l2@oal.com
skdfk363@aol.com
sldtfg3o53@aol.om
srdmkfglk345@aol.com

Um ok and here I too had trouble sleeping last night bc I thought I was an awful person for having used several email addy's......
As the OP put it, this person needs to find ANOTHER hobby.

SunshineGirl
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Who has time to come up with that many addresses.

That's the thing. They aren't real addresses. The person just typed crap in the box so that they could get a survey.

wilsonfamily4
02-05-2008, 04:13 PM
When I saw that list it reminded me of the computer classes we took to learn to type in highschool. :)

lanny76
02-05-2008, 04:21 PM
That's the thing. They aren't real addresses. The person just typed crap in the box so that they could get a survey.

I take it this is the person who maybe had 170 surveys!!
I didn't even think that you would be let in to take a survey if your email wasn't found to be valid - how could that have worked? Didn't Greenfield even have a system in place to deny that person if they were just typing in crap like that that was fake?!
An offer or two has told me that one my email addys isn't valid - tho I get lots of email at them - from the very same place that tells me it isn't valid! So you'd think Greenfield would have caught on to that fake email stuff before the person could even get a survey using them.

askomsky
02-05-2008, 04:23 PM

Not to play devil's advocate bc this person was OBVIOUSLY wrong, but don't you think GF should have some sort of technology in place to prevent something like that from happening???????

nicnik
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I think that I may be on the spreadsheet of the fraud folks but for what I think is a reasonable reason(s) according to the rules we all understood:

1. I have always alternated between two specific (rea!) email addresses for my own demographics because that was supposed to be an ok thing to do
2. I have tried a third (real!) email once or twice in desperate times
3. I have had my DH try to qualify using his own demos a handful of times when it was particularly difficult for me to qualify for an extended period of time (i.e. December & January in particular)
4. On an occasion or two when I didn't qualify with my normal demos, I have changed ONLY the income demo because it's not clear whether it asks for my personal income or my household income, which are drastically different

Based on those "terrible" actions + the fact that I just tried to get a survey and didn't get any check boxes I think I'm a baddie. That plus the yogurt survey the other day really tick me off! I enjoy doing surveys & I want to continue to do them to help out SR because that in turn makes the community better for everyone!

Tricia & the SR team, I'm sooooo sorry that you are having to deal with this situation. I hope that you are able to get your point across to someone reasonable at GF and that this mess clears up quickly. Thank you for all of your hard work all the time.

jfrog
02-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Oh My! I'll bet a lot of us may have "typo'd" out email addys at one time or another! Fingers get ahead of brain...at least mine do-lol...but to just type in a load of crap to get surveys - I too was feeling bad about using 3 or so and then having others try too -- they always used their own email addys, not mine, but always used my home computer - but this huge list for one member is outta line! Yikes!

BTW, do you get a message from gf if you are blocked when you try to take a survey? or should we just not try them for now? I haven't tried to do a survey cuz I am afraid of doing something wrong if I am on the list.

Sending hugs to Tricia and Cindy for all the crap you are wading through right now! Group hug also to everybudddeeee!!!!:hugs:

lanny76
02-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I second the:hugs: :hugs: for the SR family - and we sure could all use a group :hugs: too! Thanks.

DisneyMa
02-05-2008, 04:34 PM
I have changed ONLY the income demo because it's not clear whether it asks for my personal income or my household income, which are drastically different

I just kept using it as a household income. I didn't realize it said just income until DH pointed it out. DH thought it meant personal income, I took it as combined household income.

I PMed M-n-C about it last month. She suggested to keep using household income as that is what I had always used.

I am worried about what to do if one of us changes jobs or income increases (which just happened recently):confused: :confused:

I wish it was payday!! I feel the need to do some SR shopping to make it all better:D

jfrog
02-05-2008, 04:41 PM
YES! SR shopping will help!!! Great idea-:hugs:

Magical JenK
02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I wish it was payday!! I feel the need to do some SR shopping to make it all better:D

Just be sure to log into SR first....unlike me this afternoon...:(

As for the emails....am I sick for trying to figure out the rhyme or reason behind them? I'm trying to think they are the home row keys or just changing one digit....no, I'm at a loss. It's like a cat just ran across the keyboard & then put a @xxxxx.com after it! :rotfl:

askomsky
02-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Just be sure to log into SR first....unlike me this afternoon...:(

As for the emails....am I sick for trying to figure out the rhyme or reason behind them? I'm trying to think they are the home row keys or just changing one digit....no, I'm at a loss. It's like a cat just ran across the keyboard & then put a @xxxxx.com after it! :rotfl:

LMAO oh your not alone bc I was looking at it too, so if your sick so am I! Thanks for the laugh!

svwkirby
02-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I guess I'm on the list too. I've got a few emails I was rotating through when I couldn't get anything to credit, but it never helped. I don't think I've ever completed more than 14 surveys in a month. I know that last month I only completed and got credit for 8 surveys so how that could be legitimately viewed as fraud is beyond me. I guess the fact that I read fast doesn't help either.:(

Sorry they're putting you through this Sunshine Family.

Alice28
02-05-2008, 04:47 PM
that is bizarro. I've already admitted I am on the 'bad' list, for using several emails, but it never even crossed my mind to do anything NOT real?????? And although I tried my gmail email a couple times, it was almost my DH's military (us.army.mil) email or his comcast.net (very real) that would get us in for a survey. So although I did change up the email, lately that one would get me a survey. Huh. This whole thing is just wacky.

Tricia, this just sucks that it's really going to cut into your bottom line. I am deeply sorry that I also contributed to the frenzy of this. I do think Greenfield doesn't know which end is up right now. I've learned in my life, that these things do blow over, and SR will come back strong. It may take awhile, but I know most of us will hang in there with you! :hugs:

mollyeilis
02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
crap in the box

Hey, that was my first job!

Oh wait....not Jack in the Box....:rotfl:

mollyeilis
02-05-2008, 04:59 PM
YES! SR shopping will help!!! Great idea-:hugs:

I shopped before this happened, but seeing those big shoebuy pending credits this morning did certainly help soften the blow!