PDA

View Full Version : eBay Pulling from Rewards Sites

SunshineGirl
06-03-2011, 10:59 PM
We were notified by eBay tonight that they are suspending working with ALL cash back and reward sites effective 6/16. From what we can tell, they think that people will continue to make as many eBay purchases without loyalty sites and so it isn't worth it to pay us for sending sales anymore. This is going to be a really big hit to our business because eBay is statistically the merchant that we have the most sales through. There is absolutely nothing that we can do to get them to keep us. They are shutting out every rewards site until at least October 1. We should be able to keep them on our other non-incentive sites, but if we do not remove them from SR this week, we risk losing any chance of ever working with them again.

Obviously we are shocked that this came out of the blue. We'll leave it up to you the extent to which you do or not not want to shop through them anymore. We'll be pulling down all of our links in the next few days. :(

MdCaterer
06-03-2011, 11:03 PM
That is a shame! I like ebay and often look for things there that I could buy elsewhere because I can get the SR points using ebay purchasing. I won't do that anymore.

~Kathie
06-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Not happy to hear this. :( I shop there all the time. I just bought 2 items just this week and have been procrastinating about some thing else. Guess I'd better go get it while the links are still active.

Hedy
06-03-2011, 11:44 PM
We were notified by eBay tonight that they are suspending working with ALL cash back and reward sites effective 6/16. From what we can tell, they think that people will continue to make as many eBay purchases without loyalty sites and so it isn't worth it to pay us for sending sales anymore. This is going to be a really big hit to our business because eBay is statistically the merchant that we have the most sales through. There is absolutely nothing that we can do to get them to keep us. They are shutting out every rewards site until at least October 1. We should be able to keep them on our other non-incentive sites, but if we do not remove them from SR this week, we risk losing any chance of ever working with them again.

Obviously we are shocked that this came out of the blue. We'll leave it up to you the extent to which you do or not not want to shop through them anymore. We'll be pulling down all of our links in the next few days. :(
:mad: I love eBay!

m 'n c
06-04-2011, 06:55 AM
I didn't shop their much but now I definitely won't. Most of their daily deals were through buy.com or disneyshopping.com so I'll just go directly to those sites and skip over ebay.

brandiramirez
06-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Wow I am really going to miss them, a lot of my shopping credits come from there. It was really nice getting ebay bucks and sunshine credit.:cry:

Iteach
06-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Wow, I really love ebay too. I hope they will return to SW in the future!

PSL1013
06-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Bummer, well I definitely won't be shopping with them as much anymore. I also shopped mostly because I could get credit through SR....I say we all start a SunshineRewards Boycott Campaign!! :D

SCard
06-04-2011, 07:59 AM
I am much more likely to shop at a merchant that is part of SR than one that is not.

sammielynn
06-04-2011, 08:45 AM
I always shop though SR merchants first. Guess my purchases with Ebay will be limited a great deal now.

speechteachri
06-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I was actually just coming here to ask a question if people were having trouble with crediting of e-bay purchases...my dh has been purchasing through e-bay lately and going through SR, and I am not seeing any pending credits...and one of the purchases was a very large one...

Is it even worth following up on at this point in light of this news??

m 'n c
06-04-2011, 09:23 AM
I think in general eBay had a f-you attitude when it came to credit disputes. So maybe send tricia a TT for the large one and don't worry about the small ones.

RENITA
06-04-2011, 11:51 AM
so sorry as ebay is one of my biggest purchases each month.

I use half.ebay .com to buy books and was wondering if half will still be avalaible or are they pulling both?

~Kathie
06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
I was actually just coming here to ask a question if people were having trouble with crediting of e-bay purchases...my dh has been purchasing through e-bay lately and going through SR, and I am not seeing any pending credits...and one of the purchases was a very large one...

Is it even worth following up on at this point in light of this news??

I haven't had any issues with ebay crediting and I shop through them a lot.

CWC is another story. :(

m 'n c
06-04-2011, 01:14 PM
so sorry as ebay is one of my biggest purchases each month.

I use half.ebay .com to buy books and was wondering if half will still be avalaible or are they pulling both?

Probably not. :( Maybe we can help you find books elsewhere. I like book closeouts.com

Alice28
06-04-2011, 02:53 PM
well, that totally bites!

ebay just gets more and more ridiculous on all ends- the fees and restrictions they put to sellers these days is absurd.

shmily1
06-04-2011, 03:40 PM
That's going to hurt. I am suppose to be buying a salt system for my pool from ebay week after next. I suppose I will now be searching for somewhere else to get the system. I was looking forward to saving the $200 and getting the rewards on that!

SunshineGirl
06-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Pool products: We have a couple of really good merchants and another one to add. I wonder if they might have comparable prices? I think the cash back is actually a lot higher for those than for eBay.

half.com: As of right now it only applies to eBay US. So we can actually continue to promote half.com as well as eBay Canada. Weird.

Disputes: They will not take ANY disputes on anything at all. Their policy is basically that if you do not get credit for something, it is because you do not deserve it for some reason.

I have to also add that we received this announcement at 8:30 on a Friday night. The links will be coming down on June 15.

Love2Shop
06-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Oh no! I love shopping on ebay and getting the cash back. I just bought a ton of stuff recently too, love to see all that pending in my account. I think I will just bid on the things I am watching before the 16th and then stop for a while. Maybe a boycott would work, even though ebay doesn't seems to care about reward sites. I will definitely be emailing to let them know how disappointed I am.

mollyeilis
06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
It was really nice getting ebay bucks and sunshine credit.:cry:

And then if you don't buy there very often, you barely earn ebay bucks and then can't use them anyway...so SR was my only "reward" for using ebay...

Hedy
06-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Speaking for myself, there were a lot of things I bought on eBay which I opted to buy there for the rewards. Now that they're gone, I for see myself buying through Amazon sellers a lot more.

chipndale
06-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Speaking for myself, there were a lot of things I bought on eBay which I opted to buy there for the rewards. Now that they're gone, I for see myself buying through Amazon sellers a lot more.

Ditto..........

SunshineGirl
06-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Tomorrow is our last day for eBay. So if you were looking to get something, get it quick. :)

Also, here's an article with a little bit more information about why they have decided to drop loyalty sites:

Why eBay is Suspending Loyalty Affiliates (http://www.amnavigator.com/blog/2011/06/14/why-ebay-is-suspending-loyalty-affiliates/)

PSL1013
06-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Interesting article. Since this is a "test" to see if they "need" affiliates, maybe we could all do our part and stay away from Ebay until the test is over and they find out that we buy more going through incentive sites? :rolleyes:

sammielynn
06-14-2011, 07:17 PM
I agree, stopping shopping on Ebay.

Love2Shop
06-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Interesting article. Since this is a "test" to see if they "need" affiliates, maybe we could all do our part and stay away from Ebay until the test is over and they find out that we buy more going through incentive sites? :rolleyes:

I agree, I am not going to be buying (or selling) anything thru ebay during this "test". Emailing ebay about this wouldn't hurt either!

Blessing and Miracle
06-15-2011, 12:53 PM

No problem, as I never knew how to make a purchase there anyway. That site is confusing. LOL

Pooh's Pal
06-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Very sad to read this! :(

Hedy
10-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Any word on eBay?

SunshineGirl
10-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Any word on eBay?

They are still testing. :(

sammielynn
10-03-2011, 07:13 AM
They are still testing. :(

And I'm still not buying.

Hedy
10-03-2011, 01:26 PM
And I'm still not buying.

What she said :)

SunshineGirl
11-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Official announcement from ebay:

At this time, following careful analysis of the test results, eBay has determined that the traffic it generates via Loyalty Publisher Partnerships results in relatively low incremental sales and revenue for eBay and its sellers. As a result, eBay Partner Network has decided to pause its partnerships with third party Loyalty sites indefinitely in both the United States and Canada. Effective November 16th, all US and CA Loyalty Publisher Partnership campaigns will be suspended and no longer eligible for earnings.

:(

Iteach
11-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh BOO! I was so hoping that this would not happen permanently. I am very disappointed in ebay's decision. I really love ebay. :(

Thank you for letting us know Tricia!

SunshineGirl
11-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Thankfully it was only about 5% of our overall revenue. But it still bites. :(

cjnix32
11-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Stinks for you Tricia, and those that used ebay. In all my ebay transactions, I never had them credit. I won't miss them, but sorry for those that will!

m 'n c
11-16-2011, 11:09 PM
I am pretty much over eBay. I can usually search the internet and find the same item for less. So eBay can go away and I won't miss them. I won't be shopping there either.

chipndale
11-17-2011, 11:14 AM
I am pretty much over eBay. I can usually search the internet and find the same item for less. So eBay can go away and I won't miss them. I won't be shopping there either.

Me too....I have one item that I have seen on Ebay but I am determined to find it elsewhere! Ebay can go away.