PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled attractions closing / rehabs

chocovrdmicears
06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Just thought I would post some info I just read for those of you traveling to WDW in the next few months.
Spaceship Earth will be closed July 9th - November 1st. (:( I really love this and am sad we won't get to see it this trip)
Haunted Mansion will be closed June 6th - Sept 13th. (I hope there is no delay in the reopening! :eek: We will be there 9/12-9/19 and I would be soooo sad if we couldn't see it!:cry: )
There may be others but these 2 were the biggies that I noticed.

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Thank goodness Haunted Mansion will be back open by October. We didn't take the girls the last time that we went, and I will never hear the end of it!!

I had heard that they were making some major changes to update Spaceship Earth. Sad not to see that one this time. :(

Last year we waited in line for POTC to see the new updates to it and it broke when we were in line and never reopened. I really hope they aren't touching that one this year!!!

chocovrdmicears
06-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Tricia ~ Have you seen the POTC since they added Jack Sparrow?

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Nope. That's exactly what we were hoping to see!! :heart:

chocovrdmicears
06-05-2007, 10:10 AM
It has always been on of our favorite attractions in the World...we saw it last Oct with the changes and both my husband and I were AMAZED. I won't tell you specifics because I don't want to spoil ;) the surprises but the new additions are just fantastic. I am soooo excited for you to see it!

luvdisney00
06-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm so upset to read that Spaceship Earth is closing for refurbishment. I love this one and wa looking forward to seeing it with my 12 year old daughter who is into Science. We are going July 10, so we miss it by 1 day. I already knew about the Haunted mansion, and I am not happy about that either!

PSL1013
06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Spaceship Earth is one of my favorites...always had to be the last ride we went on when leaving Epcot for the final time on that vacation...it was really sad and always brought tears to my eyes! Now that we have been DVC members and leave out the "back door" we don't ride it at the end of our trips anymore. Our next trip is 10/27-11/4, so hopefully if everything is on schedule we should be able to see the new and improved Spaceship Earth on the last two days of our vacation! :cooldance:

speechteachri
06-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Just thought I would post some info I just read for those of you traveling to WDW in the next few months.
Spaceship Earth will be closed July 9th - November 1st. (:( I really love this and am sad we won't get to see it this trip)
Haunted Mansion will be closed June 6th - Sept 13th. (I hope there is no delay in the reopening! :eek: We will be there 9/12-9/19 and I would be soooo sad if we couldn't see it!:cry: )
There may be others but these 2 were the biggies that I noticed.

I am really bummed about both of these. Last time we were there dd wouldn't go into the Haunted Mansion, and we never got time to do Spaceship Earth. Oh well....we'll just have to plan a 3rd trip!

faithhope
06-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I love spaceship earth... but I'm really glad they are redoing it... alot of the future stuff they mention has been done already... It really needs an update, I'm glad they are attending to it...and I can't wait to see the changes when we go in December.

Faith

dreamtrip
06-12-2007, 03:32 PM
This will be our 4th trip in 4 years and we've never done Spaceship Earth. We were planning on doing it--until the rehab was announced. I'll be sad to miss HM, but it needed some work.

KinziePooh
06-13-2007, 12:33 PM
I was sad to see that the Haunted Mansion is going to be closed while I'm there. At the same time, it does need some work...I guess I'll just ride it extra at DL so I won't miss it as much when I'm at WDW later in the summer.

sammielynn
06-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Glad we got there before the closings! Now I have to plan a new trip to see what they have changed.

jnorth1007
07-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be down from October 1 through 10/24. :(

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 11:22 AM

Oh, goodness! Looks like we will just barely get to ride it. And we better because it is Cassie's first time!

jnorth1007
07-16-2007, 11:29 AM
DH and I arrive 9/30 so we are going to have to jump on over there that day and ride it a few times before it closes the next day.

kimntrent
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
It is amazing all the park closures. Did you read about the 8th day at Disneyland though? You can ride Nemo up to 2.5 hours after the park closes.

Kim
________
YAMAHA Y125Z HISTORY (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Y125Z)

m 'n c
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
DH and I arrive 9/30 so we are going to have to jump on over there that day and ride it a few times before it closes the next day.

When we went last sept we were able to ride it multiple times without getting off due to no lines! I'm hoping you get to do the same as its my favorite mountain. Just don't sit in the front!

chocovrdmicears
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM

Thank goodness we will not be there during the time!!!! My DD5 is a Splash Mountain/BTMRR JUNKIE!!!! She would be devastated! :eek:

schachteles
07-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Oh, goodness! Looks like we will just barely get to ride it. And we better because it is Cassie's first time!

I am SO SO SO bummed about this one...we will be there from the 14th to the 20th and of course when we were there a year ago my DD went on it and cried (but asked to go on it again) and since that trip that is the ride she talks about most to go on again and not be scared.

Here to hoping they get it open a few days early!! :love:

Soccer Princess
07-16-2007, 02:51 PM
We will arrive on 9/29 so I'm making sure we hit the MK to get our BTMR fix before the 1st! I am sad about Spaceship Earth though :(

lisaoh
07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Is there any chance they'll open BTMR for the Halloween Party?

The Cheshire Cat
07-26-2007, 02:01 PM
That is bummer about the haunted mansion during our trip! whaaaaawww

I am excited though my son is finally tall enough to ride SPACE MOUNTAIN and Mount Everest! Yipppiee! I haven't been on Space mountain since the 80s!

tommygirl79
07-27-2007, 12:43 PM

Speaking of which, Aubrey (my oldest) tends to be a little scared of things she has never done and thus hasn't ridden anything more "scary" then Splash Mountain. We have told her this trip that we would like her to try everything at least once and then she can veto doing it again.

Is Jillian a ride fanatic? How does she do on the fast rides? This will be Gabby's first trip to get to do some of this stuff too and we are going to put her on everything she is tall enough for (except maybe ToT - I think she would be FREAKED out)...

Just wondering...

jnorth1007
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Rockin Roller Coaster is going to be closed for refurbishment from 9/4 - 9/30. Sorry guys!

jnorth1007
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
OOps they will also have RRC closed on 10/1 - 10/4. o i guess the actual closure dates are 9/30 - 10/4. Right when I will be there lol hopefully I can get in the RRC on the 5, 6 or 7th.

SunshineGirl
08-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Speaking of which, Aubrey (my oldest) tends to be a little scared of things she has never done and thus hasn't ridden anything more "scary" then Splash Mountain. We have told her this trip that we would like her to try everything at least once and then she can veto doing it again.

Is Jillian a ride fanatic? How does she do on the fast rides? This will be Gabby's first trip to get to do some of this stuff too and we are going to put her on everything she is tall enough for (except maybe ToT - I think she would be FREAKED out)...

Just wondering...

Jillian LOOOOOOVES the fast rides. She'll ride just about everything. This will be her first ToT. Hopefully she will be like her momma and love it. LOL!

Magical JenK
08-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Rockin Roller Coaster is going to be closed for refurbishment from 9/4 - 9/30. Sorry guys!

:( :( :(
We're soooo sad about this! It's our favorite ride there! We may do (GASP) Busch Gardens or something then so we can get our fast roller coaster ride in. But I'm super bummed....we're there 9/4-9-15....NOOOOOOOOOOO

bs4free
08-03-2007, 12:41 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Not you to RNRC Not you TOoooooooo.

So TOT is going to be LONG lines i would bet!