PDA

View Full Version : Question for the BMG/Columbia house victims...

bartleby1
06-05-2007, 01:13 PM
For those of you who received the email confirmation about signing up for columbia house, did you do the jeopardy game freebie the same day? I'm beginning to wonder if that is where we all got signed up somehow. I know that I did the jeopardy game offer on the same day that I received the columbia house email.

Anyone else?

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I did jeopardy game but i did that at the beginning of last week and just got the email from CH today. HTH!

kimntrent
06-05-2007, 01:18 PM
No I got mine today and yesterday night I did cell rewards.

Kim
________
Ipad guide (http://ipadguides.info)

bartleby1
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Hmm... Ok, sunshinegirl just posted that she did the jeopardy one and hasn't had a problem.

I received the email on May 31. These were my only offers for the week prior to that. Do these line up with anyone else?

#700145 Paid Signup: Jeopardy Game 0.30 Credits 05/31/2007 Paid
#699482 Paid Signup: Brandarama: Clean & Clear 0.30 Credits 05/30/2007 Paid
#698068 Paid Signup: Satellite Sweeps Offer 0.50 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid
#698062 Paid Signup: Cell Rewards 0.50 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid
#697844 Paid Signup: Hot Gift Zone: Countrytime 0.50 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid
#690654 Paid Signup: HOTGIFTZONE - FOSSIL MEN'S OR WOMEN'S WATCH 0.50 Credits 05/23/2007 Paid
#689240 Paid Signup: SurveyPanelGroup.com 0.75 Credits 05/22/2007 Paid

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 01:46 PM
:rotfl: I did all of those. I think it would be best to know when the first appearance of this was so that we know about when it happened.

kimntrent
06-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I did them all too but last night I did cell rewards and I got the letter today. That is the only place I can pin it. I am not to concerned about it but it is fraud on their behalf.
________
PAXIL CLASSACTION (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
I just looked and I did Cellrewards, too. That's the only other one out of bartleby1's list that I did.

bartleby1
06-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I just looked and I did Cellrewards, too. That's the only other one out of bartleby1's list that I did.

Tricia - I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I finally figured it out! They got my email addy somehow through the brandarama offer. I move the "dot" around on my gmail account and finally thought to look at which email "dot" configuration the columbia house confirmation was sent to. I did a search of my gmail and the only offer I used that configuration for was for the brandarama offer. They also attempted to sign me up for m*******, zoompanel, and a few more, but those required me to click on a link to actually join, which I didn't do.

ETA: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Interesting. I will investigate. Did the rest of you sign up for that one as well?

TIAMOMMA
06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Tricia,

I did the Brandarama: Purex on 05/18 (or at least got credit that day). On May 22nd I rec'd the email about the BMG Application. (Unfortunately, I didn't find this in my junk email until AFTER I got the CD) :computer: .

The email about the BMG Application shows it was sent by "ECMAILING.COM" if that helps any.

Thanks.

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I did Brandarama: clean and clear on 5/31.

krg1968
06-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I did Brandarama: Clean & Clear (ID:1534)
on 5/28 and got the CH email on 5/30, the Brandarama still shows in pending
I did Cell Rewards on 5/29
I was wondering if anyone would get energetic enough to do the detective work.
Thanks!
kelly

mantaz
06-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I did the brandarama too on 5/29. Never saw a confirmation from them but found out today that the DVD I "ordered" from CH is on back order as is the welcome package. How is that for ya!! I emailed them back that I didn't order it but I plan on calling them today.

Angela

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Tricia,

I went back to redo Brandaram clean and clear to see if I could find a place where we might have missed a check mark. I didnt find a place where they had any check marks. I did find that the first offer that pops up is the 1000 free grocery coupons offer that signs up your home phone number for a voice mail service that was done to my home phone last week. It appears that the first brandarama I did for purex may have signed me up for the voicemail even though I skipped the offer and the second one for clean and clear signed me up for CH even though I hit NO next to the offer. This is not one of those offers that forces you to chose an offer in order to get to the end. You can hit skip all the way through and still get to the end. HTH! :sunshine2:

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I did the brandarama too on 5/29. Never saw a confirmation from them but found out today that the DVD I "ordered" from CH is on back order as is the welcome package. How is that for ya!! I emailed them back that I didn't order it but I plan on calling them today.

Angela

Dont bother calling because the system is automated and it allows you to cancel your membership but with the stipulation that you will pay the 5.00 and pay for the 2 additional DVDs. Do it through email so that you have record of your correspondence. I dont want you to inadvertantly agree to pay for the fees. HTH!

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I just pulled the Brandarama offers. I signed up for one of them using a totally unique email address. Half an hour later, I got the email that told me that I had signed up with M*******. I was VERY careful to read every little bit of fine print and NOT click on any boxes. I even clicked on all of the T&C links (of which one was bogus). I'll be interested to see if the BMG or Columbia House come in next.

mantaz
06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Dont bother calling because the system is automated and it allows you to cancel your membership but with the stipulation that you will pay the 5.00 and pay for the 2 additional DVDs. Do it through email so that you have record of your correspondence. I dont want you to inadvertantly agree to pay for the fees. HTH!

They would hate to tell me I have fees to pay!! They are "sending" me a DVD that I already own!! I did email them and they sent an automated email saying they would contact me in 2 business days. I'll see what comes of it!

Thanks for the help
Angela

lrsellars
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
I redid that offer yesterday and got a BMG notice in my junk mail. It's titled "Nuw customer..." How you do like the way they spelled new??? The return address isn't from BMG either.

jctimon
06-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I did the Clean and Clear Brandarama too, but it was 2 days after I got the first email from columbia house. I only have one thing posting on the day I received my first email and it was Hotjobs on 5/27. I am constantly receiving emails though they tell me I am cancelled. Still no return slips for the DVDs I have received in the past week:(

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I did the Clean and Clear Brandarama too, but it was 2 days after I got the first email from columbia house. I only have one thing posting on the day I received my first email and it was Hotjobs on 5/27. I am constantly receiving emails though they tell me I am cancelled. Still no return slips for the DVDs I have received in the past week:(

Did you do the brandarama purex offer earlier?

After redoing the clean and clear in an effort to see if we missed something along the way. The brand new email address I created to do it with received the m******* account welcome email. I know for sure now that the brandarama offer is the one that signed me up for that. Luckily that email had an option to cancel account. Now I will wait and see if anything come through from anyone else. This is the only thing I have used this email for so if something comes through we know where it came from.

jctimon
06-05-2007, 08:00 PM
I did do the Brandarama Purex on 5/20 and it never credited. I just found it in my pending offers. Interesting! Maybe this is all coming through brandarama! Either way, Columbia House/BMG have no right to sign people up through a survery site, just if you accidently click a "yes" which I don't think I ever did. They claim I DID sign up intentionally which is a blatent lie on their part. Very disturbing. I suggest everyone go to the Indiana BBB and file complaints against them.

sumrmist
06-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I kept receiving the m******* email and thought it was kind of weird because it was at the same email addy that I already use for m*******. I dont know how theywould send me a new account email at one I already use for m*******. I simply deleted it and didnt confirm the account as I would hate for them to delete my real m******* account and lose all those thousands of points Ive been saving up for years !!!

I did receive the CH DVD notice on 6/3 I havent checked back to see which offers I did yet. Tricia feel free to look at my account and see if you can track it down. I sent them a nasty email...will send them a nasty fax tomorrow and then a nasty call if I dont get some satisfaction.

OregonGirlie
06-05-2007, 08:25 PM
I was signed up for CH & BMG. I have not yet done the jeopardy offer. I have done the Brandarama one though.

Weird thing though is for CH - I was signed up with my school .edu email address. The only place on SR I have used that was to log in to SR. I have never used that for offers, in fact I only used it for SR & Ebay.

For BMG I was signed up with my yahoo email. I originally used this email for SR offers when I first signed up with SR and within a week I switched over to using a Gmail address which I still use. I only used the yahoo address mid may for about 6-8 days.

That also is about the same time I did all the free offers I could. But, I only recieved these CH & BMG sign ups at the tail end of May, and got the stuff in the mail Friday & Saturday.

I don't get it.

mantaz
06-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Here is the email address that I used to cancel my account today and I got a response this evening.

qjdu@columbiahouse.com

Hope this helps.

They said they reviewed my account and said I signed up but they are canceling and waiving any fees. That would be a great idea for them to do.

Angela

kimntrent
06-06-2007, 12:16 AM
What credit card are they charging all of us for? I didn't give one and before when I was an actual BMG member you had to have a cc on your account. I think there is a scam going on around here actually. I got a ton of the m******* ones too. I just deleted them.

Kim
________
Halfbaked (http://half-baked.com)

sumrmist
06-06-2007, 02:00 AM
I did the banana boat self tanner ...but Im not sure thats where it came from.

herodrx1
06-06-2007, 08:16 AM
I sent off e-mails saying CANCEL to both companys yesterday. I got emails back today saying they have cancelled the accounts. I'm really glad that it was easy to get out of those offers. I was stressing about it!

sselig2000
06-06-2007, 09:15 AM
I don't think that it is going to be that easy to get it canceled:( I got the first CH email on 6-2 and immediately emailed them to cancel the account as I had not signed up for it. Yesterday, I got the email from them that my "order" has shipped. They sent me barnyard. The worst part is that they don't even have my address right. So, I am not going to receive anything to be able to write refused on and send back. Now what.
I did these offers:
#699787 Paid Signup: Jeopardy Game 0.30 Credits 05/30/2007 Paid
#698906 Paid Signup: Remedy Magazine 0.30 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid
#698897 Paid Signup: Home Business Survey for Moms (US, CA) 0.60 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid
#698864 Paid Signup: Brandarama: Clean & Clear 0.30 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid
#698071 Paid Signup: Cell Rewards 0.50 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid

herodrx1
06-06-2007, 12:53 PM
I at least had something to send back to them. We'll see if anything else shows up at the house.

I hope that yours turns out ok.:)

cglaura
06-06-2007, 01:09 PM
the email I have for columbia house is dvd_customer_service@columbiahouse.com

I did the actual sign up w/ the 5 for $.49.

I am also a member of bmg, the email I have for them is bmgmusic@bmgmusicservice.com

jnorth1007
06-06-2007, 02:01 PM
I don't think that it is going to be that easy to get it canceled:( I got the first CH email on 6-2 and immediately emailed them to cancel the account as I had not signed up for it. Yesterday, I got the email from them that my "order" has shipped. They sent me barnyard. The worst part is that they don't even have my address right. So, I am not going to receive anything to be able to write refused on and send back. Now what.
I did these offers:
#699787 Paid Signup: Jeopardy Game 0.30 Credits 05/30/2007 Paid
#698906 Paid Signup: Remedy Magazine 0.30 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid
#698897 Paid Signup: Home Business Survey for Moms (US, CA) 0.60 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid
#698864 Paid Signup: Brandarama: Clean & Clear 0.30 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid
#698071 Paid Signup: Cell Rewards 0.50 Credits 05/29/2007 Paid

Chances are that the materials will be returned because of incorrect address and they will cancel the account anyways. I would shoot off one more email stating that they sent out materials on an account they were supposed to have cancelled and the address they used and have is incorrect so you will never receive the materials to return.I would also put a little jab in there about how they wouldn't have unpaid merchandise floating around if they didn't accept membership applications without a credit card so that they could verify that the person opening the account is the actual person whose information is being used. :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 02:03 PM
They lawyer in me keeps thinking "class action lawsuit!!!". LOL!!

jnorth1007
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
The money needer in me is saying lets do it :rotfl:

pattip03
06-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I agree!:sunshine2:

krg1968
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I can be your paralegal!

krg1968
06-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I just searched my spam folder for the word "confirmation" and besides lots of emails I could have gotten credit for(doh!) I found the an email from Columbia House to confirm my membership or to cancel it. Good way to generate business! Send an email that is guaranteed to never be seen by most folks, make it a negative response needed offer,and whammo! new customers.
Kelly

kimntrent
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Okay I am doing Wholesome Rewards right now. The 4th page in is a BMG offer. There is a submit button at the bottom and a skip button at the top. One of the awards just like this the other day had the same thing. On the page all your information is already in there. I always skip these but I think somehow they got us. I know I saw this the other day. It was like the brandarama one. Same set up.

Kim
________
NO2 VAPORIZER (http://no2vaporizers.com)

~Kathie
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Okay I am doing Wholesome Rewards right now. The 4th page in is a BMG offer. There is a submit button at the bottom and a skip button at the top. One of the awards just like this the other day had the same thing. On the page all your information is already in there. I always skip these but I think somehow they got us. I know I saw this the other day. It was like the brandarama one. Same set up.

I alwsy skip those pages too but before I do, I take out all my info. Somehow I just never trusted them not to send me junk or call me.

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I think Kathie has the right idea just to be on the safe side.