PDA

View Full Version : "As seen on TV" might as well be re-named to Jen BUY ME!!

Magical JenK
02-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll admit it! I :heart: infomercials! I'm the type of person that they get to buy everytime...especially when they knock off a payment! :rotfl:

So you know my love for the PedEgg & how excited I was that Tricia got it on SR...and I still have to get the Green Bags....but now, this weekend I found another one I must have!!

The Firm! And what's this?? SR has it?! PERFECT!! It's in the shopping section & I was thrilled to see we'd get a percentage back!! But before I go ordering I was wondering if anyone on SR has tried the Firm? It really looks like a lot of fun!

............And results like that this in JUST 10 sessions?! Sign me up!!! :) But seriously, it does look like a lot of fun & I thought I'd should ask my SR friends before I go ordering.......

Thanks in advance!!

m 'n c
02-25-2008, 11:37 AM
I have not tried it but I do like their infomercial! I think its just a fancy name for a step bench/workout but they have the benches that can get higher than the normal step bench can.

missangie
02-25-2008, 11:47 AM
"As seen on TV" might as well be re-named to Jen BUY ME!!

Jen, you crack me up! I haven't used the Firm either, but now I'm going to have to go check out the "As Seen on TV" Category to see what else we have!!

Magical JenK
02-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Ooh Angie! I also had to have the Lint B Gone! I really like it! Like I said, I'm the EXACT person to buy those things!! Take a look...watch the infomercials online! It's so fun!

Catherine-
The Firm that I saw was free weights...not steps...interesting!!

Well lord knows I'll end up getting it unless you all tell me it's crap..I'll be sure to let you all know how it is!! I mean...again, after 10 sessions to have sculpted arms?! Who needs sculpted arms? Oh yes...ME!!

m 'n c
02-25-2008, 12:00 PM
hmm then maybe they have changed it or expanded. I always remember The Firm as being the 3 different colored "steps" that you would do with the video to tone your lower half.

I just bought disney luggage so I won't be joining you this month in purchasing the firm but I look forward to your review. I finally broke into my ped egg. I did it right before mike and I went out to eat sat. He wasn't too happy because the filing was taking forever because it was doing its job. I finally had to stop but I think that if i do it every other day and apply lotion afterwards then it should make a difference pretty soon.

Hedy
02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
hmm then maybe they have changed it or expanded. I always remember The Firm as being the 3 different colored "steps" that you would do with the video to tone your lower half.

I just bought disney luggage so I won't be joining you this month in purchasing the firm but I look forward to your review. I finally broke into my ped egg. I did it right before mike and I went out to eat sat. He wasn't too happy because the filing was taking forever because it was doing its job. I finally had to stop but I think that if i do it every other day and apply lotion afterwards then it should make a difference pretty soon.

Between post-WDW feet and walking all over CHi-town in -16 weather feet, my feet have been pretty nasty-the Ped Egg has gotten them back to some seblance of normal. :love: :love:

bajam
02-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I have the old version of The Firm with the "fanny lifter" box step things. You do see results in 10 sessions because it is quite a workout. Mine came with a calendar that told you the order to rotate the videos.

The main problem I have with it is it is very hard on my knees. After years of doing cheerleading jumps on a basketball floor my knees can't take all the lunges and such. I started fast forwarding those parts and that did slow progress down.

I think you will like it and who can beat getting SR credit for it!:sunshine:

askomsky
02-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I have the old version of The Firm with the "fanny lifter" box step things. You do see results in 10 sessions because it is quite a workout. Mine came with a calendar that told you the order to rotate the videos.

The main problem I have with it is it is very hard on my knees. After years of doing cheerleading jumps on a basketball floor my knees can't take all the lunges and such. I started fast forwarding those parts and that did slow progress down.

I think you will like it and who can beat getting SR credit for it!:sunshine:

That's the Firm I had and I didn't like it as much as the Taebo workouts so I never used it. The steps are now being used as seats for the kids! lol

You want tone? Taebo really does help melt inches and tone up.

mia214jia
02-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Just wondering does the ped egg reallly work?!

3dog2kidmom
02-25-2008, 09:34 PM

After reading about this on Catherine's blog and Jen raving about it I think I am going to have to order this!

3dog2kidmom
02-25-2008, 09:37 PM

I have to agree with this. I lost 75# doing this every day. Unfortunately I've gained most all of it back :(

m 'n c
02-25-2008, 09:45 PM
It will not produce results in one usage but I think with regular usage (ie 1-2 days a week) it will keep feet in smoother condition.

m 'n c
02-25-2008, 09:47 PM
That's the Firm I had and I didn't like it as much as the Taebo workouts so I never used it. The steps are now being used as seats for the kids! lol

I've tried Taebo a few times but the movements just felt too jerky for my joints. I think it was the quick pace. I wish the beginners tape was a little slower for newbies to catch on with.

sunshinecindy
02-25-2008, 09:48 PM
We now have a link up to the Taebo, so try them both. Let me know which is easiest with the best results. :)

3dog2kidmom
02-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I've tried Taebo a few times but the movements just felt too jerky for my joints. I think it was the quick pace. I wish the beginners tape was a little slower for newbies to catch on with.

Try doing the instructional tape (not the beginner, but the one that teaches you how to do the moves) for about a week before even starting the basic workout. That will help you get used to them and then they are much smoother. I really loved the Billy Blanks series!

ligrumpygirl
02-25-2008, 09:53 PM
When I click on the Taebo link I only get The Firm product. Where are the Taebo dvds?

sunshinecindy
02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Sorry, try it again. It should work now.

ligrumpygirl
02-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Yes it's right now...I just have to buy one now!

m 'n c
02-25-2008, 11:33 PM
It will not produce results in one usage but I think with regular usage (ie 1-2 days a week) it will keep feet in smoother condition.

I should have mentioned. It is much better than those stupid pumice stones. I will do a full foot care report on my blog within the next few days.

Alice28
02-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I tried the Firm several years ago. It was too hard for me to keep up with for more than a month or so.

I am a 'firm' advocate of Leslie Sansone. There is an offer here for one of her items. Or order her DVDs off of Barnes and Noble or OVerstock. She's awesome, workouts are easy to follow, no herky jerky movements, good results. It's an easy enough of a workout where it's not too much of a sacrifice to want to work out (almost) daily.

askomsky
02-26-2008, 05:50 PM
I too am a big believer in Taebo. I lost 75#'s with that and WW's.

Belive me being 75#'s overweight and first trying the moves was quite embaressing! I felt like a beach whale in the beginning. it did get easier after a few weeks.

I will say that his new tapes are defintely harder to do then the older ones I started with. I think it was 2001 or 2002 when his first 4 tapes came out and they IMHO were the best. Now I do have some of the latest ones and their good, but not ones I would recommend for a beginner.

We're lucky one gal that teachers at the YMCA is Taebo certified. She goes once a year to get re-certified. She teaches twice a week in the evening now. I wish I could get to her class bc she makes it a lot of fun!

Alice28
02-26-2008, 11:40 PM
I will say Jen, that I want this new TV ad thing- I can't remember what it's called but it's this watering thing for potted plants. They're glass blown orb things that are connected to a stake. You fill it with water, and it automatically and correctly waters your plants. They're pretty too! I thought, 'Oooo....i'll order that when it shows up on SR!':rotfl:

Magical JenK
02-27-2008, 12:05 AM
I will say Jen, that I want this new TV ad thing- I can't remember what it's called but it's this watering thing for potted plants. They're glass blown orb things that are connected to a stake. You fill it with water, and it automatically and correctly waters your plants. They're pretty too! I thought, 'Oooo....i'll order that when it shows up on SR!':rotfl:

Oh yes! I have seen that too! They're quite a good thing to have! I don't have any plants, but they make me want to get some just so I can get those!! :rotfl:

spring
02-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Well, Jen, I thought of you while I was out shopping tonight. We have a brand new ************* store that just opened this weekend, and it's only about 2 to 3 miles from my house. I was walking around and found a whole WALL of "As seen on TV" products. They even had the PedEgg on display. I figured you would be extremely happy looking at all those products, so I stared nice and hard at them for you!:rotfl:

linanglab
02-28-2008, 06:50 AM

Now that is something I would like. I do not have ANY plants in my house becuase they die. Or should I say....I kill them. It is either too much water or not enough. I do not understand plants. I would like to have some plants in my house because I heard it is good for our health. I will be on the lookout for this one!

Magical JenK
02-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Well, Jen, I thought of you while I was out shopping tonight. We have a brand new *************store that just opened this weekend, and it's only about 2 to 3 miles from my house. I was walking around and found a whole WALL of "As seen on TV" products. They even had the PedEgg on display. I figured you would be extremely happy looking at all those products, so I stared nice and hard at them for you!:rotfl:

Ah!! How funny!! Yeah, I would have sat there & stared too! I just got an email newsletter from where PedEgg came from & just looked through their items...nothing catching my eye...yet, but I can easily be swayed!!

Although....I do have to say, I was going through some of the offers last night & there is the swivel sweeper that has caught my eye!! I think that would be nice to use on the kitchen floor!! Yeah, I've got a problem....:p

Now that is something I would like. I do not have ANY plants in my house becuase they die. Or should I say....I kill them. It is either too much water or not enough. I do not understand plants. I would like to have some plants in my house because I heard it is good for our health. I will be on the lookout for this one!

Here are the watering globes...wonder if SR could get them?? I'll put it on the "wish" list thread!
buyaquaglobes.com

m 'n c
02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
I could definetly use an autowater pot for plants. I get super busy at work and tend to forget to water then and they fry in the summer.

JillyFish
02-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Ah!! How funny!! Yeah, I would have sat there & stared too! I just got an email newsletter from where PedEgg came from & just looked through their items...nothing catching my eye...yet, but I can easily be swayed!!

Although....I do have to say, I was going through some of the offers last night & there is the swivel sweeper that has caught my eye!! I think that would be nice to use on the kitchen floor!! Yeah, I've got a problem....:p

Here are the watering globes...wonder if SR could get them?? I'll put it on the "wish" list thread!
buyaquaglobes.com

I got the swivel sweeper for Christmas last year and I LOVE it!!! Between the kids and the dog, it gets used just about every day here. It's definitely a "must have" Jen!!! :angel:

I thought I saw the AquaGlobes somewhere on SR. Hmmmm.....I will have to go look now.

sunshinecindy
02-28-2008, 12:18 PM
You can check with Walter Drake to see what they have, they always add new As Seen on Tv Stuff, our affiliate manager at As Seen On PC will be adding more stuff and we will be adding another merchant in March that also carries it all.

linanglab
02-28-2008, 12:56 PM
My mom got me the swivel sweeper a year ago for Christmas. I LOVE it! I was a bit put out though, that I was not able to get SR credit for it! LOL!!!! So anyone who is thinking of the the sweeper, I would highly recommend it...especially for the kitchen and the bathroom. It does not work as good on carpet for me, but I love it on the hard floors.

JOLAROCHE
02-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Does anyone know how long the Pedegg takes to be shipped or credited. I ordered it 2/17 and got a confirmation email but I have not received it nor does it show up in pending for me.

Thanks

spring
02-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Does anyone know how long the Pedegg takes to be shipped or credited. I ordered it 2/17 and got a confirmation email but I have not received it nor does it show up in pending for me.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, it showed up on my credit card right away, but I didn't get it for about 3 weeks. Also, my credit was slow coming.

Magical JenK
02-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Ok everyone...I broke down & ordered The Firm yesterday! I'll let you know how it goes! (I also ordered the green bags!!...next will be the swivel sweeper!!) :0)

m 'n c
02-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I ordered the ped egg early feb, got it mid feb. My credit came through within a week of ordering.

Jen - let me know what you think. I have my life back so that means loads of exercise now.

Magical JenK
02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Jen - let me know what you think. I have my life back so that means loads of exercise now.

Will do! My life will get back to normal on the 10th!! YIPPEEEE!! Only 6 more work days!! :p :cooldance: I'm really hoping this will get me in gear to be back on track!! Hopefully it will come soon!!

m 'n c
02-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Yay Jen! We went down to the wire last night but I am so glad its all over. I have the day off so I'm heading to Wholefoods at lunch to make a BIG HEALTHY Salad and then to the gym tonight.

Might even pull out my windsor pilates dvds today - another as seen on tv item.