PDA

View Full Version : Help Us Make SR Better!

SunshineGirl
07-20-2011, 02:20 PM
It's the time again. We would love to hear from YOU what would make Sunshine Rewards a better place. Obviously there are things out of our control (we can't incentivize all offers, most paid clicks aren't reputable anymore, etc). But there are other things that we can. :) Tell us what you would like to see more or less of and we promise that we will discuss everything that you post.

Here are some of the things we are looking for:

More or less email?

Smartphone apps or mobile site (would you use them?)

Changes to the way contests are run

Other merchants you would like to see

Post here and we will see what we can do. :sunshine:

m 'n c
07-20-2011, 02:22 PM
More freebie offers. I know others hate them and they don't credit well but it is still nice to try them and when they credit it is exciting. It gives me one last thing to try to reach my daily goal when I run out of surveys to take.

SunshineGirl
07-20-2011, 02:26 PM
More freebie offers. I know others hate them and they don't credit well but it is still nice to try them and when they credit it is exciting. It gives me one last thing to try to reach my daily goal when I run out of surveys to take.

That's helpful. I have been wondering if people really do them much anymore.

OhMari
07-20-2011, 02:50 PM
I agree with the Freebies, especially when you tell us to go try them.

Is JCPenney still being a stickler?

SunshineGirl
07-20-2011, 02:54 PM
I agree with the Freebies, especially when you tell us to go try them.

Is JCPenney still being a stickler?

So far. But they are on our short list of merchants who we continue to try to get to!!! (along with Victoria's Secret, Pottery Barn, and Williams Sonoma).

bbangel
07-20-2011, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't mind more email

I don't even own a cellphone let alone a smartphone so I wouldn't use an app but I bet that would be popular with some folks!

I'll put my thinking cap on and see if I can come up with anything else :sunshine:

StitchandPooh'smom
07-20-2011, 03:00 PM
I am so happy with all the opportunities here - I feel like my earning is limited only by the time I can devote to it. :sunshine: I'm so glad to have so many survey options, even though I rarely have time for more than three or four per day.

Three of my favorite things:

1. The special Disney cashouts we used to have, but I think that is not possible any more due to no discounts for buying in bulk, right? Those were always exciting!

2. The Holiday contest where everyone can earn a bonus if they do enough surveys/shopping. Maybe that can be done on a smaller scale each quarter - each 100 surveys completed per quarter earns a 1.00 bonus or something like that? But that would probably take money away from the survey increases that you do from time to time, so the bonus might not be as beneficial as the increases to most of the members. It does always inspire me to get the surveys done, though!

3. I love the cash back increase blitzes, where several merchants are increased for only a couple of days. It always encourages my shopping!

If you could get PB Teen, that would be awesome, but I know they are holdouts.

Really happy, though, so I'm fine with no changes at all! :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
07-20-2011, 03:28 PM
I am so happy with all the opportunities here - I feel like my earning is limited only by the time I can devote to it. :sunshine: I'm so glad to have so many survey options, even though I rarely have time for more than three or four per day.

Three of my favorite things:

1. The special Disney cashouts we used to have, but I think that is not possible any more due to no discounts for buying in bulk, right? Those were always exciting!

2. The Holiday contest where everyone can earn a bonus if they do enough surveys/shopping. Maybe that can be done on a smaller scale each quarter - each 100 surveys completed per quarter earns a 1.00 bonus or something like that? But that would probably take money away from the survey increases that you do from time to time, so the bonus might not be as beneficial as the increases to most of the members. It does always inspire me to get the surveys done, though!

3. I love the cash back increase blitzes, where several merchants are increased for only a couple of days. It always encourages my shopping!

If you could get PB Teen, that would be awesome, but I know they are holdouts.

Really happy, though, so I'm fine with no changes at all! :sunshine:

Still no luck getting the Disney cards in bulk. But we do keep trying!

Good news on the shopping increases. Have you seen the front page today? I haven't officially announced all of the Back to School increases because they are still coming in but suffice to say that there are going to be a LOT of them for the next few weeks!!

We'll definitely do another bonus contest of some kind with shopping and surveys added together for the holiday season. Probably starting late October/early November??

DarcyDog
07-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Hmm...I'll have to think about this, but the first thing that comes to mind (and I'm sure I'm in the minority here) is fewer contests which rely on completing surveys. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but I can rarely qualify for surveys during these contests and sometimes there just aren't enough surveys available.

I like contests where everyone has somewhat of an equal chance (posting things in the forum, scavenger hunt, etc.).

Will think on this some more...

SunshineGirl
07-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't mind more email

I don't even own a cellphone let alone a smartphone so I wouldn't use an app but I bet that would be popular with some folks!

I'll put my thinking cap on and see if I can come up with anything else :sunshine:

Have you tried the daily surveys yet since SG says that he fixed them for Canadians?

SunshineGirl
07-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Hmm...I'll have to think about this, but the first thing that comes to mind (and I'm sure I'm in the minority here) is fewer contests which rely on completing surveys. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but I can rarely qualify for surveys during these contests and sometimes there just aren't enough surveys available.

I like contests where everyone has somewhat of an equal chance (posting things in the forum, scavenger hunt, etc.).

Will think on this some more...

Honestly, it is NOT a coincidence. :) We run them a lot when we see that survey numbers are low and we need to give them a boost. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The more traffic we send, the more surveys that the companies tend to give us.

Good feedback on the contests!

SCard
07-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Maybe weekend contests where you only have to complete 2/3 day to be eligible? More people would have a chance. 5 can be tough sometimes.

I loved the Holiday contest last year, can't wait to hear the details for this year.:)

wendyburger
07-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I would do more surveys if i could take them on my phone. By the time I am done working on the computer all day, I have a hard time sitting there longer for surveys. But I realize that is not up to you but up to the survey companies to "app" them.

Hedy
07-20-2011, 04:14 PM

This.
More or less email? More "special" e-mails, but could we opt for weekly coupon e-mails?

Smartphone apps or mobile site (would you use them?) I am unsure what I would do with an app, but maybe a Sunshine Mobile site that connected to a barcode scanner when you're out shopping

Changes to the way contests are run Since you asked, I'm not a huge fan of the finish x surveys contests. But I <3 any other contests....

Other merchants you would like to see...LL Bean, Cashback for Amazon (LOLz)

Hedy
07-20-2011, 04:20 PM
I would do more surveys if i could take them on my phone. By the time I am done working on the computer all day, I have a hard time sitting there longer for surveys. But I realize that is not up to you but up to the survey companies to "app" them.

If we could somehow click that we needed non-Flash surveys, I'd be more likely to try on my iPad.

SunshineGirl
07-20-2011, 04:49 PM
I'll definitely see what we can find out from the survey providers in terms of mobile surveys.

As for mobile shopping, I was actually telling SG yesterday that I think we need an easy way for people to be able to price compare while they are out shopping. Not sure if we can do barcode scanning before this holiday season, but maybe UPC entry at a minimum. But I like barcode scanning as well!

m 'n c
07-20-2011, 05:08 PM
One thing that frustrates me is the product search. It never seems that I get relevant results or current results. I'm not sure what could be done to change this but often times I just use google, clear cookies, and then shop through SR once I find a merchant with it.

Hedy
07-20-2011, 05:11 PM
One thing that frustrates me is the product search. It never seems that I get relevant results or current results. I'm not sure what could be done to change this but often times I just use google, clear cookies, and then shop through SR once I find a merchant with it.

Same here!

Hedy
07-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Could we add a Tweet/FB this button to forum posts? I've seen it on other Vbullitin sites. (I'd like to tweet, say the movie tickets and Borders posts).

SunshineGirl
07-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Could we add a Tweet/FB this button to forum posts? I've seen it on other Vbullitin sites. (I'd like to tweet, say the movie tickets and Borders posts).

I'll ask SG. It might just be some kind of plugin that we need to add. Hopefully a +1 as well!!

As to the product search, I concur 1000%. We've got the data but it seems like the search algorithm is off. Let me talk to SG about that one tonight as well. I don't use it myself very often!

m 'n c
07-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Maybe just refreshing the links would be enough for product search. I know it isn't SR's fault but half the time the merchants are sending old links and the product is no longer available.

I love the idea of more tweet and facebook buttons on SR.

bbangel
07-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Have you tried the daily surveys yet since SG says that he fixed them for Canadians?

Not yet but I get the day off tomorrow so was planning to try again. I did see the credit come in for the one that alerted us to the problem though! :thanks: SG!

Iteach
07-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I agree with the weekend survey contests. I'm a more steady survey taker. I try for 3-6 during the summer when I'm off school and am very happy during the school year when I can get 1-2 each day. I can't do surveys at work. Weekends are when I have the most time to try all of the surveys and when a weekend survey contest comes around I always get so frustrated because it's much harder to get surveys than on no contest weekends. Sometimes I can't even get a DS and by late Sunday there is nothing left at all. I do understand that if you need to boost survey numbers that a weekend contest probably helps a lot.

The other idea I like is a bonus. Maybe not just for the highest 8 or 10 monthly earners, but as in the past, $1 for every 50 surveys or something along those lines.

I do appreciate every opportunity that SR provides and all the hard work that goes into making this the best cash back survey on the web! Thanks so much!

happymom
07-20-2011, 07:49 PM
The only thing I can think of is keep adding to the list of Daily Surveys whenever you see fit. 9 is awesome--thank you! The only one I rarely qualify for is Sampilicous. If you add more Daily Surveys the odds get better. I would have never posted this request unless you asked for input because I am very pleased with SR!:sunshine: Thanks, Tricia!:thanks:

spring
07-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Also not a big fan of the survey contests. It seems like surveys just "dry up" whenever a contest is running as people who never do one come out of the woodwork. However, I guess that is the purpose.........draw people in to do them.

All the coupons/deals posted in the forum annoy me. I don't get on as much as I used to, and when I want to see what goes on in the forum, I have to go through page after page of coupons/deals just to get to a post I'd like to read. I just wish these coupons/deals could be separated somehow. I used to glance through them, but there are so many now that I just glaze over and ignore them, negating the purpose of them to begin with. I know this has been mentioned before and Tricia said they needed to stay, probably to bring in more business for SR, but the quantity of them has taken on a life of their own. When I'm looking for a deal, I look on SR, not the forum, so not sure if this is redundant.

Other than that, I'm very happy with the increased opportunity to do surveys and hope to get more active as soon as I have all the boxes unpacked in my new house. Today is day #1 of new ownership and I'm feeling a big overwhelmed, lol!:rotfl: Had to take a quick break and what better place to come and unwind than SR?

SunshineGirl
07-20-2011, 08:47 PM
All the coupons/deals posted in the forum annoy me. I don't get on as much as I used to, and when I want to see what goes on in the forum, I have to go through page after page of coupons/deals just to get to a post I'd like to read. I just wish these coupons/deals could be separated somehow. I used to glance through them, but there are so many now that I just glaze over and ignore them, negating the purpose of them to begin with. I know this has been mentioned before and Tricia said they needed to stay, probably to bring in more business for SR, but the quantity of them has taken on a life of their own. When I'm looking for a deal, I look on SR, not the forum, so not sure if this is redundant.

Do you ever hit the "New Posts" button when you come to the forum? We actually configured that so that it would never pull up those deals and coupons. If you hit that, you should just see the most recent other posts since the last time you logged in.

Hedy
07-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Do you ever hit the "New Posts" button when you come to the forum? We actually configured that so that it would never pull up those deals and coupons. If you hit that, you should just see the most recent other posts since the last time you logged in.

I love this feature :)

chipndale
07-20-2011, 11:38 PM

I love this feature :)

So do I....it is so nice to be able to see actual posts from other memebers and not all those deals and coupons!

lkat
07-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Looks like I might be in the minority, but I actually enjoy the take so many survey contests! Sometimes I get entries, sometimes I don't, but they usually give me an extra push to try a little longer to get a survey and I figure even if I can't get an entry on one of the days, my balance still goes up more than it would have if I wouldn't have given it the extra tries :)

spring
07-21-2011, 08:06 AM

Guess I'll just have to log in more. I'm usually reading the forums on the run, so yes, I push new posts all the time.

m 'n c
07-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I did not know that about New Posts. I typically use the Quick Links -> Today's Posts and the coupon threads pop up in there. Good to know. :)

lkat
07-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh! And would also LOOOOVE a mobile app for the iphone/ ipad! I understand it's a survey company thing, but that would be so convenient!

LuvMyBoys
07-21-2011, 11:14 AM
I would love to see JC Penney as a merchant, money back on newegg, and lands end back :sunshine:

spring
07-21-2011, 11:16 AM
I would love to see JC Penney as a merchant, money back on newegg, and lands end back :sunshine:

Ditto!

StitchandPooh'smom
07-21-2011, 11:23 AM

I do miss Land's End - I don't shop there as much anymore now that they are not on SR. :(

Blessing and Miracle
07-21-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm pretty happy with SR as it is. I have no complaints. I'm just glad to be back in the mix of things. :)

I do miss our Friday night parites. Now those were some good ol' days. You would have some kind of contest and we would all just mingle around in the forum or chat.

I like Crazy Credits the most. Surveys and Shopping mixed together.

The Big Board would be nice again. :D

I'm glad to see all of the increases. I'm going on vacation Sunday, so I'm trying not to go crazy shopping. LOL. Hopefully, some of them will be there when I get back.

Oh, and tell your mom that I said hello. She can stop in and at least say hi to us. I thought she loved us. :) I miss her. She dropped us like a hot potato. Were we that bad? :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
07-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Okay, I *think* that I turned off the coupons being piped into the forum. The only thing I left was the "Expiring Coupons" that is only one post a day. :)

spring
07-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Okay, I *think* that I turned off the coupons being piped into the forum. The only thing I left was the "Expiring Coupons" that is only one post a day. :)

So far, so good. Thanks, Tricia. It makes coming to the forums much more enjoyable. :sunshine:

PSL1013
07-21-2011, 10:46 PM
I also dislike the contests where you need to get x number of surveys, as others have said, it makes it much harder to be able to get a survey. I would rather have a game type contest, those are more fun and then everyone has the same chance of winning. Love shopping increases and would love to see more merchants added. Wish we could get LLBean, Alamo car rental to name a couple and if we could only get Amazon as a cash back, that would be the greatest! Lately I hate taking surveys, I'm burned out trying so I wouldn't want anymore surveys added. Anyway, I :heart: SR!

toystoryduo
07-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I really appreciate all of the survey opportunities and the traffic light system has helped a lot when taking surveys!:sunshine:

I love the increased cashback opportunities, survey bonuses, holiday contests, and Shopping/Any Survey/Freebie Crazy Credits contests!:sunshine:

Merchant Wishlist: Alamo, JCPenneys, Christian Book Distributors, and H2O

Suggestion: Maybe some extra earning opportunities for Super Members/ Super Member Plus members?

Thank you for all that you do for us! :thanks:

SCard
07-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Suggestion: Maybe some extra earning opportunities for Super Members/ Super Member Plus members?

I like that suggestion!

lswheatly
07-22-2011, 03:07 PM
I miss the contest parties where we had to look around different merchant sites and select different products. I'm not sure I remember what it was called. But it was fun!