PDA

View Full Version : Exciting news for me!!

PSL1013
08-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I just cashed out for my first of two annual $500 Disney GC....now I only need another $400 to get the second one before our next trip in April/May! :clap:

m 'n c
08-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Congrats! With another $400 you'll hit the $5k earnings level. That is an awesome accomplishment.

lkat
08-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Nice! That's really exciting! :sunshine:

PSL1013
08-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Congrats! With another $400 you'll hit the $5k earnings level. That is an awesome accomplishment.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out...didn't notice that! Now that's an achievement, thank you Sunshine Rewards! :banana:

spring
08-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Yay, Pam!!! When are we going? ;)

PSL1013
08-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Yay, Pam!!! When are we going? ;)

Leaving April 23-May 5th...you said you would rather be at your camper than with me...remember? :rotfl:

Three4Me
08-12-2011, 09:14 PM
WOW! Way to go Pam!!!!:banana:

spring
08-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Leaving April 23-May 5th...you said you would rather be at your camper than with me...remember? :rotfl:

Now you are putting words in my mouth, Pam, lol!:rotfl: Actually, the beginning dates would have worked nicely next year if we didn't have to fly out to my niece's wedding during that timeframe. We'll get together down there someday, Pam. It would be fun! :party::D

PSL1013
08-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Now you are putting words in my mouth, Pam, lol!:rotfl: Actually, the beginning dates would have worked nicely next year if we didn't have to fly out to my niece's wedding during that timeframe. We'll get together down there someday, Pam. It would be fun! :party::D

Actually the truth is, we moved our dates back a week so that our AP would work for the entire time we are there. So, originally we were going the first week in May which wasn't going to be a good time for you. One of these years we will have to coordinate a trip, maybe another New England meet, that would be fun! ;)

~Kathie
08-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I just cashed out for my first of two annual $500 Disney GC....now I only need another $400 to get the second one before our next trip in April/May! :clap:

Congratulations....so dinner is on you right??

We haven't made our plans for April/May yet, but I will keep this in mind. A Disney Club I belong to is planning a trip to Disneyland Paris in April and Steve & I would love to go. Hopefully I will get the details soon.

Actually the truth is, we moved our dates back a week so that our AP would work for the entire time we are there. So, originally we were going the first week in May which wasn't going to be a good time for you. One of these years we will have to coordinate a trip, maybe another New England meet, that would be fun! ;)

That would be GREAT!!!

PSL1013
08-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Congratulations....so dinner is on you right??

We haven't made our plans for April/May yet, but I will keep this in mind. A Disney Club I belong to is planning a trip to Disneyland Paris in April and Steve & I would love to go. Hopefully I will get the details soon.

That would be GREAT!!!

If you show up at Disney during our trip we will most definitely buy you guys dinner! We haven't bought airfare yet, it was low and I was too cheap and wanted to wait to see if it went down farther and now it's up $70 more, that'll teach me to procrastinate!

EDA: and the rental car is over $700 at the moment :eek:...if you-know-who was retired, we'd be driving to Disney!

~Kathie
08-13-2011, 11:23 PM
If you show up at Disney during our trip we will most definitely buy you guys dinner! We haven't bought airfare yet, it was low and I was too cheap and wanted to wait to see if it went down farther and now it's up $70 more, that'll teach me to procrastinate!

EDA: and the rental car is over $700 at the moment :eek:...if you-know-who was retired, we'd be driving to Disney!

Ouch on the rental car?? Why is it so high? Is it near Easter?? Did you check the entertainment book for coupons?? How about Southwest vacations for flight and car?? You might be able to get a package deal for those 2.

We usually book a trip to Vero in January but we may not go this year. If we do it will most likely be a short trip. We're expecting a grandchild in February. :banana: :babygirl2: :babyboy2: Don't want to stray too far from home.

Not twins but they don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet. They'll find out in a couple of weeks.

PSL1013
08-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Ouch on the rental car?? Why is it so high? Is it near Easter?? Did you check the entertainment book for coupons?? How about Southwest vacations for flight and car?? You might be able to get a package deal for those 2.

We usually book a trip to Vero in January but we may not go this year. If we do it will most likely be a short trip. We're expecting a grandchild in February. :banana: :babygirl2: :babyboy2: Don't want to stray too far from home.

Not twins but they don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet. They'll find out in a couple of weeks.

No idea about the car, I've never seen it that high before and that is with the entertainment coupon for a free day. How exciting, a new grandchild..would this be your daughter? :clap:

spring
08-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Kathie, how exciting! A new baby! Keep us posted. :sunshine:

Pam, I hope you haven't paid for that rental car yet. We always book directly through the rental car site and always end up cancelling and rebooking when they run special discounts 3 to 4 weeks out. We sometimes save over 50% by doing that. Hope you are able to get a better rate.

PSL1013
08-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Kathie, how exciting! A new baby! Keep us posted. :sunshine:

Pam, I hope you haven't paid for that rental car yet. We always book directly through the rental car site and always end up cancelling and rebooking when they run special discounts 3 to 4 weeks out. We sometimes save over 50% by doing that. Hope you are able to get a better rate.

No haven't booked it yet, I keep checking though. I always book online at Alamo, using some sort of code. Last trip (May 2010) I used a combination of BJ's and the Ent. FD code and it was really cheap, $144.56. It was going down it seemed like every other day during the last two weeks before we left. I never cancel it, just usually have to modify the reservation each time it goes down. If it goes down, even .10, I just keep modifying it. Easter is on the 8th, so that can't be the reason it's this high...no idea. Earth Day is the day before we leave, maybe that's it? :D

pbhall13
08-14-2011, 10:48 AM
I vote YES on a NE meetup!!

Kathie, congrats on the new grandbaby!!! How exciting.

Pam, way to go on the earnings....I am such a slacker this year!!! you are a role model!!!

~Kathie
08-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, my daughter is expecting. She's had a rough beginning, sick everyday for the first 3 months. Now that she is in her 2nd trimester that sickness has passed and she is feeling much better. Give her a lot of credit...she never took a day out of work.

We're looking forward to it....but sssshhhh!! She hasn't told the rest of the family yet.

PSL1013
08-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes, my daughter is expecting. She's had a rough beginning, sick everyday for the first 3 months. Now that she is in her 2nd trimester that sickness has passed and she is feeling much better. Give her a lot of credit...she never took a day out of work.

We're looking forward to it....but sssshhhh!! She hasn't told the rest of the family yet.

How exciting for you, I won't say a word! Must be a girl, remember I said that! :D

poshpartymommy
08-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Good for you:clap: If I can just get to $50 bucks before September i'd be a happy camper:rotfl: But the kids will be back in school next week so i'll have more time to get some sunshine in before our trip next summer. Anywho, I hope you have a magical trip and maybe one day i'll some similar news to share.:sunshine: