PDA

View Full Version : Gift Card Stacking

jaydubz
08-26-2011, 11:23 AM
So I was browsing through the list of coupons & gift cards, kind of bummed that I missed out on the Disney cards when I came upon an outfit that sells sporting goods & apparel along with gift cards. I got to wondering if the following would work:

1) buy $100 gift card via SR affiliate link, get $5.00 back
2) use $100 gift care via SR affiliate ling, get another $5.00 back.

Turning a 5% reward into a 10% reward.

Would that work?

J.

SunshineGirl
08-26-2011, 01:23 PM
First, I have to say that I love your signature. LOL!

Second, it depends on the merchant. The general rule that we give is that merchants will not pay a commission on a purchase unless you pay for it "out of pocket." That being said, we do have a number of merchants that will pay even if you use a gift card. We just never know for sure which ones because they always have the right to cut us off if they want to.

jaydubz
08-26-2011, 01:45 PM
thanks Tricia. I really appreciate the feedback. It sounded like too good of an idea, but thought I'd ask anyway. I guess there's really no harm in just buying the gift card anyway right?

Also, many thanks from this newbie for all you do around here. Its really appreciated.

SunshineGirl
08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
You are most welcome! And you are right. It doesn't hurt to try it. :)

PSL1013
08-26-2011, 03:20 PM
First, I have to say that I love your signature. LOL!

thanks Tricia. I really appreciate the feedback. It sounded like too good of an idea, but thought I'd ask anyway. I guess there's really no harm in just buying the gift card anyway right?

Also, many thanks from this newbie for all you do around here. Its really appreciated.

I love your signature too!! :blush:

jaydubz
08-30-2011, 09:41 AM
I love your signature too!! :blush:

:blush: :thanks: