PDA

View Full Version : Where Are All The Survey Takers?

SunshineGirl
09-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm starting to think that the Red/Green/Yellow light system maybe wasn't the best idea. We have even less people trying surveys since we put in the system than we did before. We thought that it would be a good idea because it would help people not get as frustrated. But I think the real result has just been that if people don't see green, they don't even try. And the less that people try, the less green we see. I'm wondering if maybe we need to discontinue it?

Thoughts??

OhMari
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I always try the red, because I figure someone has to get it out of the zone. I always leave the green for last.

StitchandPooh'smom
09-01-2011, 04:45 PM
I like it a lot! It's true that if I see a red light, I don't try that survey until I have tried the green and yellow ones. It is rare that I have time to do all nine surveys anyway, so I try the ones that are most likely. The ones that tend to be red are the ones that I historically have trouble with, so I'd try them last even without the light system. I can usually get GF, SSI, and SH or MV each day if I have enough time to invest. The others are less likely for me despite the time invested.

Today, I have been kicked out of about 20 GF surveys and it now tells me that there are no surveys for me. MV has no surveys for me, and SH is now going back to the SR page. I already got SSI. I have to leave soon, so I don't really have time to do the long AMP, and the short AMP never loads correctly for me. The others are red - I'll probably try them later, but I will only be home for 20 more minutes and don't want to be in the middle of one when I have to leave for soccer practice. I have definitely been trying today - it just hasn't been a great day for getting them for me.

I think I got more surveys last month than I have gotten in a while, so I am very happy to have the traffic light system! :sunshine:

PSL1013
09-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I hardly ever look at the lights, I just do what I've always done and try them all in order and keep trying throughout the day. My problem is that there hasn't been too many surveys that I qualify for lately, it's not for lack of trying I can assure you! :confused:

TxAggies
09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I would have to answer the question of "where are all the survey takers?" by saying that I just haven't had much time to devote to it lately. For the past 6 weeks or so, my life has been hurtling along at warp speed. Things have finally settled down for me though and I am trying to get back in the survey groove.

So regarding the stoplights, they haven't so much dictated whether or not I attempt a survey in general but rather which ones I do try. I like them because if I have a limited amount of time in which to take surveys, I know the green and yellow ones will likely yield something. I will confess that I seldom, if ever, try for the red ones.

But after reading the post and thinking about the overall impact, I can definitely understand how it may be creating a cycle and why it might be discontinued.

brandiramirez
09-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I have been having terrible luck with surveys not crediting for awhile so I took a break for awhile. Not trying as many and only doing the ones I know will credit like ssi, ds. The past couple days I had been doing better with them though, but today is horrible for me. I'm going to take a break and start over in the morning, I also got kicked out of about 20 ds todays, and amp says I have reached my limit even though its been a few days.

spring
09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
I personally LOVE the stoplight system. I rarely have time to do more than 1 or 2 surveys any given day, so it is great to see which are doing well. If I see green or yellow, I go for them first. Honestly, if I have trouble getting a survey, I'm lucky to do one survey, but if I do well, I go ahead and do another one or two. Knowing which ones are doing well help me actually do MORE surveys on a given day as I don't get as frustrated with trying to qualify. I guess business is business and you will have to do what is best for the site, but as for me, I'd be sad to see the lights go away.

dwkay8
09-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I haven't had time for surveys this summer, and I'm wondering if the introduction of the stoplights perhaps coincided with summer break starting and people getting busier? Kids and school schedules aren't getting in my way, just work, but I wonder if that has something to do with it?

When I was taking surveys regularly, I liked the stoplights because it helped me prioritize which surveys to try first, but I know that sometimes I don't get anything on a green light, but may get something on a yellow or red.

SunshineGirl
09-01-2011, 05:06 PM
It's odd. On a normal day we see at least 200 clicks on our Greenfield link. Today we've only had about 60 and over half of those people have gotten credit for a survey. I just can't figure out what is going on.

sammielynn
09-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Another busy soul. This was the first week of the semester and I just didn't have time to try. Next week I plan on really getting back to surveys.

tjrj1988
09-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Personally-I love the stoplight system. When I have to prioritize my time, it helps me know which ones to try first.

However, I will say, that no matter the color of the light, I tend to try the ones that I historically have an easier time getting-for me that's SSi, MV and GF-then I'll work my way thru to the others as time allows.

And for the last couple of months, even though my numbers have been steady, it seems when I have the time to try, then the surveys aren't "hitting"; when they are, it seems I don't have the time. It's taking alot longer in the day to hit what I consider my "personal" goal.

mmm611
09-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I personally LOVE the stoplight system. I rarely have time to do more than 1 or 2 surveys any given day, so it is great to see which are doing well. If I see green or yellow, I go for them first. Honestly, if I have trouble getting a survey, I'm lucky to do one survey, but if I do well, I go ahead and do another one or two. Knowing which ones are doing well help me actually do MORE surveys on a given day as I don't get as frustrated with trying to qualify. I guess business is business and you will have to do what is best for the site, but as for me, I'd be sad to see the lights go away.

Personally-I love the stoplight system. When I have to prioritize my time, it helps me know which ones to try first.

However, I will say, that no matter the color of the light, I tend to try the ones that I historically have an easier time getting-for me that's SSi, MV and GF-then I'll work my way thru to the others as time allows.

And for the last couple of months, even though my numbers have been steady, it seems when I have the time to try, then the surveys aren't "hitting"; when they are, it seems I don't have the time. It's taking alot longer in the day to hit what I consider my "personal" goal.

I completely agree with both of these. While I average maybe 2 surveys a day, I usually don't get to try until the evenings. With limitted time now, the stoplights do help me know which are likely to be a better survey to focus on that night. Typically, I do try for the ones that I usually do the best with first, then any others that are seeing good feedback if I have time.

StitchandPooh'smom
09-01-2011, 08:49 PM
It's odd. On a normal day we see at least 200 clicks on our Greenfield link. Today we've only had about 60 and over half of those people have gotten credit for a survey. I just can't figure out what is going on.

Question for you: I tried GF three times today, each time getting kicked out of about six surveys, until I got the no surveys message. Does that count as three clicks, or does it count as 15-20? I wonder if they are not registering for some reason, because I do try to get a GF every day.

MdCaterer
09-01-2011, 09:18 PM
It took me forever to qualify for a DS today too. I usually start with those, then got to AMP (if early enough in the day), if it is too late in the day I just wait until the next morning) I LOVE the red light system because even though I try the highest paying surveys first even if red, if frustration starts in I will go for a green. I can often get the red ones to work and credit. I like knowing when I am not getting any that the lights are yellow and red ...meaning it's not just me. A red light has NEVER stopped me from trying a survey, a green light has never guaranteed I would get a survey, but they have soothed my survey anxiety...hope that makes sense :)
I have not done as many last month because of travel and this month because of being really busy with work and back to school. I personally would hate to see the stoplights go away.

DarcyDog
09-01-2011, 09:56 PM
I love the stoplight system too. As with most everyone else, I do try for most of the surveys, but always start with those which I have historically had the best luck.

SCard
09-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Love the stoplights. I usually start with the green lights; it helps me figure out which ones to concentrate on first. Its nice to know when you are having no luck with one and see red lights that its not just you.

Arky
09-01-2011, 10:26 PM
I love the stoplights. I always start with Greenfield first, but then I know if I will have better luck with amp, MV, or whatever. I'm just getting back into taking surveys again. It has been really difficult to get surveys. I have had several not credit, for unknown reasons. I think you have less survey takers due to the difficulty taking and getting credit for surveys. The stoplights help us know where to focus our energy.

disney_girl
09-01-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm jumping back into surverys full force this month! So far I've been able to get 8 surveys tonight- and none of them were on green when I tried them (and a couple were red)! So, it does pay to try the yellow and reds!!

chipndale
09-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Personally, I just haven't had the time to try any surveys or if I do, it is so late at night that I'm too tired to even bother. It seems like I only get enough of time to check the forum and see what is going on and read my emails lately. Heck, I can't tell you the last time I was on facebook. I am hoping that once school gets in full swing, I will have time to take surveys during the day. I checked and I didn't complete one survey the month of August :( and my account balance really isn't going anywhere.

kristenrice
09-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Add me to the list of "really busy"...

I'm bummed because I really wanted to make a final push in August to build up my final cashout before my WDW trip. Now that school has started, I should hopefully have more time to devote to surveys. I generally try for an hour or 2 once the kids are on the bus (7:30-9:30ish) and then again after they go to bed (from 10-midnight). With 4 hours to devote to surveys, 3-4 days a week, I'm hoping that September will be a good one!

I like the stoplights. I look at the red ones and think "Bring it on!":rotfl:.

kayjo
09-02-2011, 03:18 AM
An earthquake and a hurricane in the course of one week kind of hindered me from taking more surveys.

SCard
09-02-2011, 06:30 AM

I completed DS yesterday morning. This morning I logged in and immediately got "we're sorry", there are no surveys for me. I have been a member long enough to know that when you get that there will be no Greenfield for the rest of the day. Is it possible that other people may have experienced the same thing and that might be why the numbers are down?

This is the first time I never got to even try for ONE DS.

Alice28
09-02-2011, 12:23 PM
I was MIA a good chunk of the summer because I was working fulltime and then was on vacation 2 weeks. I'm home recuperating from a tonsillectomy...I will be furiously working on surveys so I can be SM this quarter! I can't believe I'm only halfway there..

iluvamystery89
09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
i've been having difficulties getting surveys lately, but i HAVE been trying every day, at least for the DS. i can usually always get a DS, but there were several days in august that i struck out. i'm hoping GF will load more surveys soon; the choices are slim right now (for me, anyway).

kristenrice
09-02-2011, 02:54 PM
I got 5 today already, including the long AMP. I took that one at 8:30 this morning when it was a red light. Everything I took and completed were yellow, except the DS which was green and the long AMP which was red.

dismom
09-02-2011, 03:55 PM
I have been MIA for a part of the summer because of starting a new job, and visitors, and ...life.

It's true that I have mainly tried for the green lights, and sometimes the yellow-and then I am not always guaranteed to complete them.

I like some of y'all's comments about trying the red because the survey is due to be credited. Certainly gives me incentive to go for it too! ;^)

Thanks, Tricia, for the shot in the arm to get going with the surveys, regardless of the colors of the light.

cjnix32
09-02-2011, 04:21 PM
I've been taking them! I use the stoplights as a guide, but I still try them, even if they are red or yellow.

happymom
09-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Took very few surveys this Summer due to children being home from school and family vacation. Will be starting again after labor day on Tuesday morning! Looking forward to getting back into the SR groove!:sunshine:

bartleby1
09-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Don't forget that the East Coast is still recovering from the hurricane. Plus, due to flooding, closed roads, closed businesses, TONS of traffic trying to get around the flooding, and lack of power/phones/internet, we are all behind on laundry, food shopping, back-to-school shopping (kids generally go back after labor day here), etc.

You'll probably see an increase once school schedules all start and everyone is back in a routine.

jnorth1007
09-05-2011, 08:28 PM
I just use the stoplights as an FYI. If I have a chance to take surveys I always take them in the same order regardless of what the lights say. I think they are good info but they don't really effect what surveys I take. I just wish i had more time in the day. Seems like life never really slows down. I am going to be setting my alarm for an hour earlier each day so I can try to do my surveys before the kids get up in the morning. Let's hope it works. I really want to start building up so I can plan another trip for 2012.

couponqueen
09-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I love the light system. It helps me to know where to start. I've benn on vacation (Disney for 10 awesome days) and my computer has been in the shop for the past 4 days. I'm looking forward to jumping back into this tomorrow or Wed. and will use the lights as a guide.

crazy4disneyrn
09-06-2011, 01:51 AM
I also love the light system! It really helps me know which ones to concentrate on first.

jaydubz
09-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't think it's the stoplights. I think it's the surveys. I've notice that (stoplights or not) the number of suveys I've been able to access since Sept 1 has gone down considerably. I think maybe there are fewer surveys to go around so you're seeing fewer surveys being taken.

Just my $0.02!

jennifers
09-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I am leaving for our Disney trip in a little over 2 weeks.
I stopped taking surveys for awhile once I did my last cash out.
There was no point in me doing surveys past the date since I wouldn't be able to get my gift cards in time for my trip because it takes at least 5 weeks to get the gift cards.
I decided that once I reached that date, I would deserve to take a survey break for a month or so. It really took a lot of time and work over the last 6 months to get my rewards and I have to say there were a lot of surveys I took that I never got credit for.

I still love Sunshine Rewards and I will resume surveys after I return from my trip to start earning again for next year's trip. My not taking surveys had nothing to do with the stoplight system. The stoplight system helped me out tremendously and I also was someone who tried red light surveys because some one has to in order for it to turn green, right?

pbhall13
09-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Haven'r read this entire thread, but personally..... i use to be great at making sure I do my surveys everyday, but with the change is our economy, I find that my time is now devoted to my tutoring business and there is just less computer time (or when I would have time I am just exhausted). I really do need to get back intot the swing of things..... the money adds up so quickly.... i hate having a low balance!!!

m 'n c
09-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I've been lazy along with devoting time to the darn job hunt and now getting ready to go back to work. I'm hoping to give it a go again this week. I miss taking fun little surveys. My vacation fund is looking pretty sad right now.

mmm611
09-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I'd like to point out I was able to get three surveys yesterday, thanks to the light system. I got zero Friday and Saturday and was expecting zero yesterday. The lights told me which companies seemed to have some new ones in the system because someone had to have gotten a new one for the light to change from mostly red/yellow to yellow/green!

MrsWonka
09-13-2011, 12:58 AM
I just started doing the surveys and love the light system. I am working hard to do 2 surveys a day and it helps me pick which ones I will try.

saffymom
09-13-2011, 10:48 AM
I'll admit that I have not been the survey taker that I once was. Life over the last few months has gotten in the way. Things are starting to settle down and I'm ready to get back into the swing of it.

I LOVE the stoplights! I like knowing which ones people are struggling with and which ones are going well. If I'm pressed for time, it really helps give me an idea of which surveys I have a better shot at.

momof3lovebugs
09-22-2011, 11:56 AM
I took a LONG survey break! lol! I am planning two trips so I am back, but have SO little time, like many here, it seems.....
I took two last night-GF and AMP regular and got credit. Today-zip. And not for lack of trying! :D

momof3lovebugs
09-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I took a LONG survey break! lol! I am planning two trips so I am back, but have SO little time, like many here, it seems.....
I took two last night-GF and AMP regular and got credit. Today-zip. And not for lack of trying! :D make that THREE today. :D So I have my five!! yay!!!