PDA

View Full Version : valid email addy

lanny76
02-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I am having a wierd problem. I haven't had luck with MID recently but was going to try one again. So I put in my email addy, and IE said, please enter valid email address. So I tried another one, same thing. Tried ALL of my email addresses, which ARE all valid, same thing. Tried a different MID, same thing! What's the deal?! Is it IE acting funny with this particular company's offers, or could it be something with MID? Any thots?

sammielynn
03-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Don't know what is going on but that happend to me.

m 'n c
03-01-2008, 11:19 AM
could be the type of email you are using. Some advertisers are cracking down on gmail emails.

lanny76
03-01-2008, 05:45 PM
But it didn't like my yahoo or my hotmail one, nor my one that my husband set up for his own site, which is a .us one. Something like this happened later, too, with a different offer, tho I don't remember which one it was.
So you're saying that maybe some places, like MID, are getting squirrelly about which email addresses they'll accept? And maybe this is why I hardly get offers to go thru, if they don't like the gmail? I wonder which email addys are most acceptable, then.

sammielynn
03-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I tried my gmail, my yahoo and my bellsouth addys and non of them were valid.

sammielynn
03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
This is getting worse. I have tried three offers this morning and they will not take any of my e-mails. Do you think it is because they all may be in their database?

jl8595
03-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Are you typing your email addy's in or are you pasting? I went through a funk where I was feeling lazy and would copy my email address and then paste it into the offers (to keep from typing the long addy, LOL, how lazy!) and I kept getting the "invalid email address" message too...and then I realized that by copying and pasting, it was adding a "blank" space at the end of the address that wasn't immediately obvious. So I simply backspaced and made sure there were no extra characters at the end. Weird I know...and probably just me!! But thought I'd throw that out there in case that was anyone's problem. Hope you can figure it out soon!!!

:sunshine:

jnorth1007
03-08-2008, 02:06 PM
I haven't had that issues with offers but I do have an issue that is similar with OTX surveys where I put in my aol address and when I hit enter it always gives me a message about how if I don't enter my email address I can't win or something similar. I won't accept my email address but it will let me go forward without one :confused: Weird I know LOL. Did you say you tried a brand new email address? It could be an issue where it is recognizing your email address. Have you done alot of MID's in the past 30 days? I have had issues where I couldn't do offers before when I have done too many of the same type in a short time period. Hold off of doing those for a week or two and then see what happens.

lanny76
03-08-2008, 03:39 PM
With the OTX, the only one it doesn't think is wierd is my yahoo.com; but most of the time anymore I don't even bother putting in an email address, since it does not seem to be mandatory.
With MID, and maybe some others, I suspect they have cracked down on some types of addresses. I noticed last time I tried one, it would not accept my gmail, or a .us, but it did take my yahoo.com address. Looks like that is the only one it will take for me!