PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday/Cyber Monday wish lists

Alice28
10-25-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm posting this in hopes of GREAT sales or coupons from SR merchants. Here is my wish list!

Bath and Body Works - they usually have some sort of great gift bag for a steal on BF in the stores- not sure if they do online?
Barnes and Noble (I'm hoping for some sort of flat discount)
Disney Store- I'm dying for some of their Christmas merch- last year they had 30% off site-wide until a certain time on BF
Ulta or Body Shop or Sephora- a flat % off would be great
Target/Amazon/Best Buy- I think I want to get the hubs a Blu-Ray player for Christmas- would love a blow out deal on one
Harry & David- I think I'm going to go the Gift Basket route for MIL this year- she is a pain to shop for and this is always a nice gift. She loves their pears.

I still want to hit Target for sure in store on Friday, as well as a couple of non-SR merchants. I'm really excited for it this year- last year I was at the inlaws in California and I refused to pay almost 10% sales tax (so I ordered a few things online to ship to my house in no-sales-tax Oregon). The year before we were in Disney and at Animal Kingdom on BF! :sunshine: So I haven't had a good middle of the night BF line up since 2008. :rotfl:

mmm611
10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm hoping for a great deal(maybe increased cash back?) on an Entertainment book. I've decided to get that for my brother and his girlfriend since they go out more than they eat at home!

Other than that, I NEED a new pair of shoes, but I think I'll be getting that as soon as my billing period ends on the credit card. Hoping for a good deal from Sketchers or that Shoebuy will get my size in stock!

Also hoping for a good deal on one of the games youngest brother will inevitably want!

m 'n c
10-25-2011, 09:21 PM
I haven't seen Mike's list so I'm sure I will have a few things I'll be looking for.

Michael's/Hobby Lobby - I have a large print that needs to be framed and I really need a good coupon for half price or maybe more. Last estimate was $200ish with a 50% off coupon and of course I was broke.

Target - Would be nice if they put their polo shirts on sale or at least had free shipping so I could get some for Mike.

For myself - I'm looking for the $99 Roku (maybe it will go on sale). Everything I read today has been positive and I think I want to buy one now.

iluvamystery89
10-26-2011, 12:20 AM
DH and i are considering buying DD14 a new TV for her bedroom for Christmas (hers is about 12 years old), so i'd like a really good deal on a TV, i don't care who sells it - wal-mart, best buy, etc.

i'd also like a B&N discount - DD and i still have gift cards to spend.

DH intends to buy me a GPS, so i'd like a REALLY good GPS deal - again, i'm not picky about where it comes from.

i'm also in need of a good pair of shoes, so a good deal from shoebuy would be awesome.

i might also replace my printer with whatever deal wal-mart has, since it's cheaper to replace the printer (wal-mart usually sells a decent all-in-one printer for about $20 on BF) than to buy ink.

happymom
10-26-2011, 08:55 AM
I hope Target has a great sale on Legos, Wii and DS games! A gift card with purchase or a great % off would be really awesome!

tjrj1988
10-26-2011, 10:56 AM
My wl looks alot like the OP's. I'll be working during BF(at Hallmark) but only for part of the day. It's actually one of my favorite days at work, because of the excitement that's in the air.

So...

Bath and Body Works-would really like to do this online(if they have a bf special) as my local store will probably be sold out by the time I get off.

Harry and David-their moose munch is an absolute favorite in our house.

Barnes and Noble

Would love a Keurig for Christmas-would love a big deal on one.

Electronics: a Kindle and a netbook-don't care where-but needs to be a good deal.

lswheatly
10-26-2011, 02:08 PM
I am looking forward to the Disney Store. I hope they have a great sale because DH said that I can pick out a Dooney & Bourke Disney Purse for Christmas.

DH is looking for 3D glasses to go on sale. Not sure the store really matters.

Alice28
10-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I am looking forward to the Disney Store. I hope they have a great sale because DH said that I can pick out a Dooney & Bourke Disney Purse for Christmas.

DH is looking for 3D glasses to go on sale. Not sure the store really matters.

I got my Disney Dooney with the Black Friday sale last year. As I recall, it was 30% off anything on the site (except DVDs and gift cards, etc) for a day or two. :sunshine: Hoping they do something very similar.

m 'n c
11-11-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm also looking for a 32" LCD TV for Mike. Not too particular on the brand.

iluvamystery89
11-11-2011, 06:47 PM
well, so far, the deals have been a bust. wal-mart has a TV, but, of course, it's a doorbuster, and i'm not standing around in there for hours to fight a horde of people over 5 TVs.

the GPS is a bust too...hardly any listed, and none with lifetime traffic and maps except radio shack, and i'm pretty sure that one is refurbished.

maybe cyber monday will be better...i hope so.

Alice28
11-12-2011, 03:33 PM
I was able to score my major purchase for the family yesterday on Amazon---$299 for an XBOX 360 bundle with Kinect with a $100 Amazon credit. We have an old Xbox 360 that won't support Kinect...I knew Walmart would have the bundle for $199 on BF but there is NO WAY I would be dealing with Walmart on BF. I'm happy with the Amazon deal- just too bad we can't get cash back on Amazon, right? :) I think I did click thru SR first tho so hopefully Tricia will get some sort of kick back.

The kids will be so stoked! :cooldance:

Will still be looking for a Blu-Ray on Black Friday or Cyber Monday here on SR- i have no problemo ordering from walmart.com, so maybe they will match their in-store prices.

m 'n c
11-12-2011, 06:28 PM
I am pretty sure I was able to order from Walmart early in the morning hours of Black Friday last year without trouble.

Mike just requested a tv so I was on the right thinking when I said I needed to find a tv. It looks like Best Buy will have some and probably Amazon so I just need to pick one.

kristenrice
11-13-2011, 01:29 AM
I love BF shopping, but everything is opening at midnight by me. UGH!! I don't want to stay up that late on Thursday, but I can't really "get up" at 11pm! I usually go out with my sister around 3am or so. By then, all the good stuff will be gone.

Since it is a wishlist, I will say that I would love to score one of the 3G Kindles from Target ($84!) since I want to get one for DD8. Last year, they had the WiiFit for $69 and I was able to get one of those about 3 hours after Target opened so there's a little hope. I'm sure people are going to snatch up those Kindles and resell them on eBay:mad:.

I try not to make a "must have" list because then I am disappointed if I can't get what I want. I try to get an idea of what my main stores will have (Old Navy, Kohl's, Target and Best Buy) so that I know if I even want to put them on my list of stops. Mostly, my sister and I like to hit the mall and see what kind of deals we can find.

Winter hit kind of late this year so I haven't really stocked up on any winter clothing or gear for my DD's (8 and 6). They are really tough on their boots, snowpants and jeans so I will be looking for deals on cold-weather gear and other winter clothing. Also, DH's b-day is the 28th so I use BF as a time to find him a birthday present:love:.

m 'n c
11-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Well I was able to score Mike a 40" Toshiba tv last night at the 11th hour of Best Buy's two day sale. I am going to pick it up this week and then buy one of those christmas bag's and wrap it up.

So now I have my brother and the small gifts for Mike to find on BF. I might start wrapping so I can see what I've bought and what I need to get.

OhMari
11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
My dd saw this stand/mirror, and when you open it, it is a jewelry case inside at Sears about a month ago for $199, original price was $250.00.

Sears had Friends and Family Sale that was suppose to start last nite at 4:00, but when I put the mirror/jewelry stand in my basket, I got 15% off, plus the $5.00 off that Sunshine has a code for/ So Friends and Family started early. The jewelry/mirror was marked down to $136 online yesterday, so it was cheaper than in the store.

My price with tax came to $116. We went to Sears and picked it up.

Target has the one cup coffee maker and my dh just told me our oldest dd, would like one, maybe I'll go order online, than instore.

Hedy
11-23-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm posting this in hopes of GREAT sales or coupons from SR merchants. Here is my wish list!

Bath and Body Works - they usually have some sort of great gift bag for a steal on BF in the stores- not sure if they do online?

It's already online: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=4090263

iluvamystery89
11-24-2011, 12:57 AM
all i want is the $19 printer and $20 digital picture frame from wal-mart. it's going to be a very lean Christmas around here-DH's work hours have been cut back, from 72-84 per week, to 32-36 per week. even with my new job, there's nothing extra. i'm just thankful we both HAVE jobs.

m 'n c
11-24-2011, 03:36 PM
My dd saw this stand/mirror, and when you open it, it is a jewelry case inside at Sears about a month ago for $199, original price was $250.00.

Sears had Friends and Family Sale that was suppose to start last nite at 4:00, but when I put the mirror/jewelry stand in my basket, I got 15% off, plus the $5.00 off that Sunshine has a code for/ So Friends and Family started early. The jewelry/mirror was marked down to $136 online yesterday, so it was cheaper than in the store.

My price with tax came to $116. We went to Sears and picked it up.

Target has the one cup coffee maker and my dh just told me our oldest dd, would like one, maybe I'll go order online, than instore.

I bought a Mr. Coffee brand from Amazon earlier this week for $66. It uses the Kreuig cups or the reusable cup brands.

mmm611
11-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm kind of annoyed with Best Buy right now. I got on at 8:30 a.m. to get the two games I was going to get and Jeopardy was already sold out online. I looked over all the ads while I was at my parents and found out they had the skullcandy ear buds I was looking for cheaper than Staples. Just got one of the two pairs I need, althought much lower on the preferred color list for my brother than I had hoped....apparently I'll be making a BB run tomorrow morning sometime to see if they have blue ear buds and the game for me.

Any idea if Entertainment books will be cheaper Cyber Monday? They're at 30% off with free shipping right now through Sunday. I need one for Brother 2.

Brother 3 has a list of PS3 games a mile long. WalMart has one of them on sale....I'm hoping for free shipping with them--or at the very least, not sold out by the time I check in the morning.

mmm611
11-24-2011, 09:01 PM
I spoke too soon! I'm not sure what made them suddenly get the ear buds in stock, but I just got my blue ones for me!

Too bad I already got red for my brother....I could get black now instead. Oh well, he likes red too.

iluvamystery89
11-24-2011, 10:48 PM
i've placed 4 orders today already...one at best buy (Christmas money from the in-laws), one at lowes.com (Christmas from the in-laws for DH) and 2 at jcpenney (both Christmas gifts from great-grandma for DD14). now i just have to make it to 2:00am CT to get the printer and digital picture frame from walmart.

sammielynn
11-24-2011, 11:32 PM
I placed orders at:Wal-Mart, HHGregg (darn, no SR link), Kolh's, Tanga and Best Buy. My younger Brother used my computer to do some of his shopping at Dicks and Best Buy through SR and my older Brother ordered something through Target. Some money has been spent on this computer today.
I'm going out tomorrow morning to check out Christmas trees.

chipndale
11-25-2011, 12:21 PM
I placed orders at:Wal-Mart, HHGregg (darn, no SR link), Kolh's, Tanga and Best Buy. My younger Brother used my computer to do some of his shopping at Dicks and Best Buy through SR and my older Brother ordered something through Target. Some money has been spent on this computer today.
I'm going out tomorrow morning to check out Christmas trees.

Yeah I was shocked when I went to order at HHGregg and there was no SR link.

iluvamystery89
11-25-2011, 10:29 PM
didn't get the $19 printer or picture frame. stayed up until 2:00am, and BEFORE the walmart.com sale ever went live, the printer was listed as out of stock. :computer: so i passed on the picture frame and went on to bed. that printer was the one thing i REALLY wanted for myself.

frompenniestoprincesses
11-16-2013, 06:21 PM
well, so far, the deals have been a bust. wal-mart has a TV, but, of course, it's a doorbuster, and i'm not standing around in there for hours to fight a horde of people over 5 TVs.

Not that I am a huge fan of the crowds or anything but Walmart does have a new 'guarantee' that if you are in line between this time and that time (can't remember the times) they will guarantee you get the product you are in line for. If they don't have enough that night you will have it shipped before Christmas. Almost seems like a win/win, get what you want and don't have to worry about getting it to your house! lol :cooldance: