PDA

View Full Version : Easter Gifts?

SunshineGirl
03-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Has anyone ordered any cool stuff for Easter this year? I'm working on our SR Easter shopping guide and looking for some unique things. Of course, I'm partial to Mrs. Prindables because I am a chocolate covered apple addict. But I need more broad ideas. :)

ligrumpygirl
03-04-2008, 02:28 PM
I haven't ordered yet but Oriental Trading always has some nice Easter Basket fillers.

I have to order SOON so I will be looking tonight when I get home. It is way too early this year!

linanglab
03-04-2008, 02:48 PM
I will join this thread looking for ideas! If I can order through SR, that would be great!

Hedy
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm thinking about getting the boys misty mates (going to WDW in Aug). I'm subbing for more ideas, though.

JillyFish
03-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Haven't ordered anything....yet....but doing a little "research" I found Easter things on these sites that you don't already have listed.

Hallmark
Flashing Blinky Lights (light-up Easter pins)
Avon (stuffed bunnies)
Fannie May
I assume Giftbaskets.com would have Easter stuff and I didn't see them on your list.

Not Easter stuff, but still might find some good basket-fillers...(can you say WEBKINZ?!?!?!?!)
All Aboard Toys
Kimmy Shop
Playful Plush

And you missed the most obvious one.....JELLY BELLY!!!! :)

I can't believe that it's almost Easter. Didn't we just take down our Christmas trees???? :eek:

SunshineGirl
03-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Avon has some great stuff!! High School Musical Lip Balms for .79. Hand cream for 1.49.

missangie
03-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Avon has some great stuff!! High School Musical Lip Balms for .79. Hand cream for 1.49.

They also have the fun scented roll on soaps for the bath tub! My kids love these. Even my DS 12 still uses that sort of stuff (he doesn't admit it though!)

What about new sandals, swimsuits, and shades? We did that last year in the kids' Easter baskets. They loved them and were ready for summer. I'm sure Shoebuy has some great deals on summer shoes.

mommytotwo
03-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I purchased a Duck Webkinz online for my daughter, and her cousin.

wilsonfamily4
03-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I got sandals and sunglasses from Disneyshopping when they had codes that made each just $3.00 and no shipping. So they will each get 1 new sunglass and 1 new sandal.

I am going to go to allaboardtoys after the 10th and get some transformers and legos also.

zoodoyle
03-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm thinking about getting the boys misty mates (going to WDW in Aug).

Ooooohh - great idea!! Where do you find them?

Hedy
03-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Ooooohh - great idea!! Where do you find them?

Misty Mates.com is an SR vender-I'm just trying to figure out which one works best.

3dog2kidmom
03-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Speaking of Avon, how cute is this (http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.asp?couponCode=&level1_id=300&level2_id=307&pdept_id=370&dept_id=439&pf_id=32878&level=4)??

askomsky
03-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I also saw that webkinz has the new Duck out just in time for Easter and they have 3 other ones (can't remember) which are coming out this month just in time for Easter.

The duck is really cute!

JillyFish
03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I also saw that webkinz has the new Duck out just in time for Easter and they have 3 other ones (can't remember) which are coming out this month just in time for Easter.

The duck is really cute!

DS was given the duck when he was in the hospital last week. It is SO cute....VERY soft and squishy. And his cheeks are so cute!!! I didn't even realize it was a new one.

pbhall13
03-05-2008, 01:03 AM
I am going to place an order at shoebuy for some new maryjane crocs to put in the Easter Baskets for the girls (and they will come in handy for our WDW trip the following week)

I'll have to check out Avon......do we have any sites like Fanny Farmer or Lindt for chocolate? I'll have to go check the shopping link.....fanny farmers is an oldy but a goody....all of the stores in MA have closed so I am not even sure where to get the chocolate! Love it!

Pamela

just realized that Fannie May (on sr shopping site) is the same company as fanny farmer (bought out in 90's) I am so happy I am going to order the girls chocolate from there...if you like mint meltaways they are your place!

linanglab
03-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Shelly - Thanks for posting the Avon basket! That is SOOOO cute. Bethany would love that. I just might have to order that.....

JillyFish
03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
I am going to place an order at shoebuy for some new maryjane crocs to put in the Easter Baskets for the girls (and they will come in handy for our WDW trip the following week)

I'll have to check out Avon......do we have any sites like Fanny Farmer or Lindt for chocolate? I'll have to go check the shopping link.....fanny farmers is an oldy but a goody....all of the stores in MA have closed so I am not even sure where to get the chocolate! Love it!

Pamela

just realized that Fannie May (on sr shopping site) is the same company as fanny farmer (bought out in 90's) I am so happy I am going to order the girls chocolate from there...if you like mint meltaways they are your place!

Oooooooh! MINT MELTAWAYS!!! LOVE those! Thanks for the temptation Pamela! :p

wilsonfamily4
03-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I bought baskets at current years and years ago with the kids names on them. I love having them because I never have to go looking for just the right basket every year. So I say get that AVON one.

3dog2kidmom
03-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Shelly - Thanks for posting the Avon basket! That is SOOOO cute. Bethany would love that. I just might have to order that.....

You're welcome! How old is Bethany? Taylor is 8 and I think she would like it too.

JillyFish
03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm so impressed! I ordered Easter stuff from both Playful Plush and Jelly Belly this morning and this evening I received emails saying both have shipped already! :cooldance: How 'bout that??

linanglab
03-05-2008, 09:29 PM
You're welcome! How old is Bethany? Taylor is 8 and I think she would like it too.

Bethany is 7. Her birthday is in August. She is in 1st grade. That basket is something that I think she would like for years. Even when she is a grown up. I would like that basket for me! LOL

Hedy
03-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm trying to look on SR merchants for some good travel stuff for my mom (Italy in April, weekend in DC in May, Scotland in July), but I feel like St. Nicholas got her so much before her WDW trip in Dec that everything she has...or doesn't want.

Magical JenK
03-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Oooooooh! MINT MELTAWAYS!!! LOVE those! Thanks for the temptation Pamela! :p

Looked them up to see if they were the Fanny Farmer mint bars that I LOVED, but they are not...but boy oh boy did they make my melt water!! Did you see the Mint Meltaway cheesecake they have? Ummmm...hi, I think I may just have to get that!!

linanglab
03-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Looked them up to see if they were the Fanny Farmer mint bars that I LOVED, but they are not...but boy oh boy did they make my melt water!! Did you see the Mint Meltaway cheesecake they have? Ummmm...hi, I think I may just have to get that!!

Mint Meltaway CHEESECAKE!!!!! Ooooooo....That sounds DELICIOUS! I love mint. I LOVE cheesecake (my favorite - well...one of my favorites!) I am off to drool now.....

JillyFish
03-06-2008, 11:07 AM

Oh my goodness.....how did I miss THAT???? It sounds heavenly! I gotta go look!

missangie
03-06-2008, 12:19 PM
I just noticed in a Target ad that both Enchanted and Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium are both now out on video or will be before Easter. Those would make a great Easter basket surprise!!

kimbih
03-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Where is the Easter shopping page? I tried looking around a bit but can't find it? Thanks!

pbhall13
03-06-2008, 12:44 PM

Jenn........I believe it is the same company just bought out and put under the name of fannie may..........

the little mint meltaways taste the same as the bars..........I love those bars.....I am going to put in an Easter order and I will let you definatively if they taste the same ( I am almost positive they do!!)

Pamela

kimbih
03-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Where is the Easter shopping page? I tried looking around a bit but can't find it? Thanks!

Nevermind, I just saw it on the News & Links page....but I could have thought I checked there earlier! I knew I was going insane:blush:

deana
03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I have a some small legs for DS (through SR/Lego with some other stuff for his birthday in May:) ) and plan to get Enchanted for DD and I also have Webkinz for both. Need the candy yet......
The first year that we went to Disney we gave Disney stuff in the baskets...including disney dollars in the eggs. Wish I could do that this year but our December trip is a surprise!! :p

SunshineGirl
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Nevermind, I just saw it on the News & Links page....but I could have thought I checked there earlier! I knew I was going insane:blush:

Actually, I just added it there since you asked for the link. Great suggestion!!

JillyFish
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I have a some small legs for DS

I would LOVE some new small legs in my Easter basket this year!!!!! If your DS doesn't like 'em, send 'em my way!!

:rotfl:

Sorry Deana....I just couldn't help myself!! :angel:

pbhall13
03-06-2008, 02:11 PM
I would LOVE some new small legs in my Easter basket this year!!!!! If your DS doesn't like 'em, send 'em my way!!

I laughed out loud at that one!!!!!!

Pamela

linanglab
03-06-2008, 02:20 PM

:angel:

I will take the tight abs and lifted butt.

Deana - we are laughing in fun! THAT was hilarious!

Jillyfish - thanks for the giggle!

amarazas
03-06-2008, 02:35 PM

That was a good one!! I'll take some too! :rotfl:

linanglab
03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Did anyone order that personalized Easter basket from Avon? I went to order it today, but I cannot find where you personalize it. It took me all the way to the CC info. I did not want to fill it out until I found out where to put her name...

Anyone know???? I would like to order it today so it will get here in time.

nurseminnie76
03-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm so impressed! I ordered Easter stuff from both Playful Plush and Jelly Belly this morning and this evening I received emails saying both have shipped already! :cooldance: How 'bout that??

Just wanted to second the praise for Playful Plush Toys :love: . I just received my second order from them and they are GREAT. Their customer service is awesome. One of the items that I ordered ended up being out of stock when the order went thru - they emailed me the same day to let me know and ask what I would like as a replacement. I emailed them back and the order shipped the next day. Wonderful Service!

If anyone is shopping for Webkinz for Easter I definitely recommend that you check out Playful Plush. Even with shipping charges I paid less than I would have at a B&M store and I earned 7% back :cooldance:

JillyFish
03-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Got my Jelly Bellys today. :cooldance: Now I'm just waiting on my Webkinz from Playful Plush!