PDA

View Full Version : Don't want to mess up my SR Account-Help!

lmroyea
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm probably going to be upgrading to highspeed internet. I curently use dial up through peoplepc. I'll be switching to high speed through AT&T. I don't want to mess up my SR account though. I'll have a new email address and new isp. Is this going to affect SR? I don't want anyone thinking I'm cheating or anything. Please help me out before I make the switch. Thanks.

SunshineGirl
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
You won't have any problems with it at all. :)

m 'n c
03-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Nope. SR goes by userid for all offers not your email. What you will want to do is make sure your SR account is linked to a current email (ie not an old one through people pc) and that your new provider doesn't install their own browser, firewall, or toolbar on your computer as that can block cookies and mess your credits up.

askomsky
03-05-2008, 10:47 PM
yeah but how will that effect survey taking with GF? I thought about this only bc DH has thought about switching before although I love our FIOS. NOt that it's happening for us, but it may effect her since she probably won't have her old email addy anymore?? (Of course unless she created a "special" one just for GF)

lmroyea
03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I didn't think about that. I haven't qualified for a survey in awhile, so I guess it slipped my mind. Hopefully someone can let me know. :confused:

SunshineGirl
03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
I didn't think about that. I haven't qualified for a survey in awhile, so I guess it slipped my mind. Hopefully someone can let me know. :confused:

It will be fine. Just be sure when you get signed up for your high speed that you look at what kind of firewall they have set up for you. Sometimes people find that all of a sudden they have something blocking their cookies when they set up a new service.

PSL1013
03-07-2008, 10:07 AM
It will be fine. Just be sure when you get signed up for your high speed that you look at what kind of firewall they have set up for you. Sometimes people find that all of a sudden they have something blocking their cookies when they set up a new service.

I have Comcast wireless highspeed internet with their McAfee security installed, would you or anyone know if this might be the reason I don't have much luck with getting offers to credit? Are there any firewall adjustments I can make with this?

SunshineGirl
03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
I have Comcast wireless highspeed internet with their McAfee security installed, would you or anyone know if this might be the reason I don't have much luck with getting offers to credit? Are there any firewall adjustments I can make with this?

I don't know because I don't use Comcast. But I have definitely heard of people having firewall problems with new connections.

chipndale
03-07-2008, 10:53 AM

Oh great we just got hooked up with comcast. I will let you know if I have a problem getting offers to credit. I haven't tried any offers yet but I plan to give it a shot over the weekend.

PSL1013
03-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh great we just got hooked up with comcast. I will let you know if I have a problem getting offers to credit. I haven't tried any offers yet but I plan to give it a shot over the weekend.

Please let me know if you have any problems with credits, then I will know that this is probably my problem...I sometimes get credits but the majority of them I don't get, so I don't know why it would block some but let others through? It is hit or miss with me, usually a miss!! :rotfl: Good Luck! :)

fourfoxesinpa
03-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Please let me know if you have any problems with credits, then I will know that this is probably my problem...I sometimes get credits but the majority of them I don't get, so I don't know why it would block some but let others through? It is hit or miss with me, usually a miss!! :rotfl: Good Luck! :)

I have Comcast and get credit for most offers. The only ones that I can never get are the Brandarama and Party With ____ offers. There are some MIDs that don't credit either - probably because I see Brandarama pop-ups during those offers. Don't know what the deal is with those.

Good luck.

PSL1013
03-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I have Comcast and get credit for most offers. The only ones that I can never get are the Brandarama and Party With ____ offers. There are some MIDs that don't credit either - probably because I see Brandarama pop-ups during those offers. Don't know what the deal is with those.

Good luck.

I've always had Comcast but what I'm concerned about is the McAfee security that we got from them, I had Trend Micro PC-cillin before and I don't think I had as much trouble getting the credits when we had this, I'm just guessing that this may be a possibility but I really have no idea? :confused: