PDA

View Full Version : How did you find Sunshine Rewards?

disney_girl
01-22-2012, 11:41 PM
The 6th birthday of Sunshine Rewards has me thinking about how I found out about the site. Tricia had posted a thread on the Dis message board asking people to check out her new site. I saw an opportunity to earn money while staying at home with my little one (who is now 7 1/2) and I jumped on it and signed right up! I joined Jan 2006 Six years and $5,000+ later... it was a great decision!!

So, how did you find out about Sunshine Rewards? Was it through a family member, friend or another website?

And while we're at it, how long have you been a member?

m 'n c
01-22-2012, 11:57 PM
I found SR on the Dis but I can't remember who I signed up under if anyone.

I've been around since July 2006. Wow!

SCard
01-23-2012, 08:07 AM
I saw a post about SR on the DIS boards. I have been a member for 2 years this month.

PSL1013
01-23-2012, 09:29 AM
I also found SR through the Dis. Joined 6 years ago on Feb.1, 2006, three weeks after SR was launched. :D

gpp2001
01-23-2012, 10:57 AM
I, too, found SR through the DIS. I joined in October 2006. :sunshine:

Hedy
01-23-2012, 11:04 AM
The 6th birthday of Sunshine Rewards has me thinking about how I found out about the site. Tricia had posted a thread on the Dis message board asking people to check out her new site. I saw an opportunity to earn money while staying at home with my little one (who is now 7 1/2) and I jumped on it and signed right up! I joined Jan 2006 Six years and $5,000+ later... it was a great decision!!

So, how did you find out about Sunshine Rewards? Was it through a family member, friend or another website?

And while we're at it, how long have you been a member?

DIS as well. I remember reading about it on a board there, and I'd just been burned with a scam, so I held off. Then I joined in May of 2006. $2,000 later, I can say SR is not a scam. :) :rotfl:

tjrj1988
01-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Add me to the party. I saw SR mentioned alot on the Budget Board of the DIS(never signed up-too nervous) where I was hanging in September of '10.

Was extremely nervous about spam and leaking identity stuff, but no worries-really good decision to come here to SR. :love:

sammielynn
01-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Another Dis Board person here. I joined in May 2007.

MinnieBelle
01-23-2012, 11:25 AM
I too found SR on the Dis. I think the rewards board. I've been around since January 2007. :sunshine:

catnapfan
01-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Another member from the dis board here. I joined in April 2007 and headed to Disney in June that year with a $50 giftcard. I remember using that 1st gift card in World Showcase and holding my breath while the CM ran the card because I was sure it was a scam and the card would not work. Needless to say the card worked fine and I have cashed out for many more since then.

mdapiggy
01-23-2012, 12:39 PM
I also found SR on Disboards I remember seeing Tricia's post about her new site and I signed up in Jan 2006 (on my mothers birthday). What a great six years it has been.

spring
01-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I joined after arriving at my DD's house in late July 2007, only to find her filling out a survey. I asked her about it and she told me she found this site through the DIS and was working on earning money towards taking her kids to WDW. I was more than a little skeptical, but 4 1/2 years later, I'm very happy that I joined! :sunshine2:

tarheelpat
01-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Like most of us, I heard about SR through the Dis Boards. I signed up but didn't really "get it" and did almost nothing, pretty much paid clicks and the scratch off. I also signed up for another well-known rewards site around the same time. I was a member of a research company that does focus groups but had never actually qualified for one. About three weeks after I signed for the other site, I got a call to do a focus group about it -- they were looking for new members. One of the focus group topics was other sites you do and one of my fellow group members talked so much and so positively about SR that I went home and really dug into it!

OhMari
01-23-2012, 02:27 PM
I had to look it up. I know I saw Tricia's post on the Reward Site over at the DIS.
My $2.00 join says April 4, 2006. I know I didn't really start earning the big bucks until the Forum got opened up and I read how others were really making the money.

I just passed the $3,000 mark.:party:

lkat
01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Chalk me up for another person who found out about SR from the Dis Boards. Think I joined in June 2009 and can't believe what I've earned just from shopping here and there and taking surveys :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
01-23-2012, 05:41 PM
I wonder why we get so few new members from the DIS anymore when so many of you found us there??

dwkay8
01-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Also learned about SR on the Dis!

I wonder why we get so few new members from the DIS anymore when so many of you found us there??

This is just the case for me, but I wonder if it is also happening to other people - I never visit the Disboards unless I'm looking for an answer to a specific question. Since I rarely visit, I don't have the opportunity to talk about SR the way I used to.

disney_girl
01-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Maybe some of us need to do a few postings over there about Sunshine Rewards ;)

Alice28
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Dis boards! Feb 2006. :sunshine:

tarheelpat
01-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Reward site posts usually get moved to the "Disney Rewards Programs" board, which gets no action.

Leslie
01-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Well, I must be the odd one in the group. ;) I didn't find SR through the DIS boards. I was actually referred by Carla (disney_girl). Our kids were in gym together and as we talked during class, we learned we both shared a love for Disney. She told me about SR and how she earned money to pay for her trips. Almost 3 years and over $3000 later, I would say I am officially hooked.

Soccer Princess
01-23-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm another one who (thankfully) found SR through the DIS Boards! :)

mollyeilis
01-24-2012, 01:46 AM
I just kept seeing so many people talking about SR on the Dis, and finally there were enough otherwise-trustworthy people talking about it that I figured it was "real".

I'd never heard of "rewards" sites at all, and had no idea of the whole affiliate world, so it was really brand new to me.

I don't think you see that many referrals coming from there anymore because it's really strict that you not talk about referrals anymore. Gosh, I once told someone my experience, they asked more, I chatted about more, and then I realized we were on someone else's thread. I told them my username here (since it's different on the Dis) and said if they had more questions to ask me in PM or here, and I got a warning. Of course, you know that a username gives you nothing in terms of referral, and you just have to take my word for it that getting a referral was simply NOT on my mind...but they don't know that. So now I will mention it in passing on my trip reports, if I paid for something using a giftcard earned from here, etc, but I shy far away from any indication that I'm being naughty.

I think it's especially bad since they got that new sponsor.

juliokirkland
01-24-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm another one who found it through the disboards. I've been a member since May 2008. We were finally going to WDW for the 1st time after numerous trips to DL and I figured if I earned $50 in the next 4 months that it would be $50 I hadn't had before. I ended up exceeding my goal and cashing out $170 in disney gift cards after 3 months of being a member.

After a little over 3 1/2 years, and over $3,000 later, Sunshine Rewards has helped to fund quite a few of our disney vacations. Thank you SR:sunshine:

jenny105
01-24-2012, 11:32 AM
I found out about it through my DISer friend Dan (FauntleroyFan07) in October. I signed up and here I am, addicted :)

cjnix32
01-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Found SR when I reconnected with an old friend...Tricia! I think I saw a post of hers on facebook. SO glad I did! Congrats on 6 years!