PDA

View Full Version : New Offer: SR Daily Deal Mail

SunshineGirl
02-08-2012, 10:44 AM
As you have probably noticed, Ashleigh and I are now posting short Daily Deals here in the forum. Because we know not everyone has a chance to visit the forum every day, we have created the new Sunshine Rewards Daily DealMail. It's a once a day mailing that will go out only to members who choose to receive it. It will have links to all of the Daily Deals that we posted that day.

Members get .25 to sign up. In addition, we will hide some paid clicks in them now and again for people who actually read them. :)

We aren't rolling it out to the full membership yet, but you can give it a shot here and let us know what you think:

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/dailydealmail.php

PSL1013
02-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Just signed up, this will be great! :D

SCard
02-08-2012, 10:59 AM
The link in my e-mail confirmation didn't work but I got another e-mail and the .25 credit so I guess I am all set!

SunshineGirl
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
How many emails are you getting when you sign up? A confirmation email and then also the one for the .25?

Miwing
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
The link in my e-mail confirmation didn't work but I got another e-mail and the .25 credit so I guess I am all set!

Same thing happend with me. This is what the first email said when I tried to click it :Not Found
The requested URL /dealmailthanks.php was not found on this server

Did get the credit on the second email though. Thanks! :sunshine:

SCard
02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
How many emails are you getting when you sign up? A confirmation email and then also the one for the .25?

2-
Confirm Your Sunshine Rewards Daily DealMail Subscription - with the broken link

Thanks for Subscribing! with the click here for credit

PSL1013
02-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I just got the one email with the link which worked perfectly.

marcymajor
02-08-2012, 11:18 AM
i just signed up, got the confirmation email and my link worked just fine. even got the 25 cents. :thanks: Tricia for this great daily deal offer.:sunshine:

mdapiggy
02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
I just signed up got the confirmation email and the link worked. :thanks:

jtowner
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I got 1 email and it worked fine, thanks

jtowner:thanks:

SunshineGirl
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Let us know the kinds of things that you would most like to see in there. We don't want it to just be something everyone has to delete everyday. We want it to truly be helpful. One day only deals? Free shipping no minimum deals? We're trying to make it the hottest, most useful stuff only.

PSL1013
02-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Let us know the kinds of things that you would most like to see in there. We don't want it to just be something everyone has to delete everyday. We want it to truly be helpful. One day only deals? Free shipping no minimum deals? We're trying to make it the hottest, most useful stuff only.

I tend to pay more attention to the free shipping deals!

couponqueen
02-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Done! I like this idea.

bbangel
02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Great idea. I got the first email and it was great. Much less overwhelming to see a short list like that. I checked out Plastic Jungle for the first time. What a great service. I'll have to check and see if they mail up here but very cool!

SunshineGirl
02-08-2012, 04:12 PM
So for those of you who 1) completed the signup process, and 2) received the first email 2pm today...

What do you think? Did you all get your credits immediately? Was the signup straightforward? Was the email something that you think members will see a value in?

I'd really like to make it as good as we can before we roll it out to everyone.

mdapiggy
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I really like it. The signup was easy and I like that you can pick what email address you want not just the one you orginally signed up with. I got credit immediately. The email was easy to read I like that there were a variety of offers but not to many to just overwhelm you. When I get home tonight I will do the snapfish offer as I have a ton of pictures I want. Over all I really liked it and thought if was easy to follow. Just my 2 cents.

couponqueen
02-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I like it a lot! I'd rather have a few items to look thru - 10 or less - than more than that. I also think that mixing it up among the merchants really does give us a chance to discover one that we may not have otherwise purchased from.

bbangel
02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Sign up was easy and straightforward and didn't take long (including getting credit).

The first email was great - easy to read, just enough info. I would like to see either a top 5 or a top 10 to stop it from being too much. What I like most is it not being overwhelming so it is easier to spot the deals you might be interested in.

momof3lovebugs
02-08-2012, 06:23 PM
So will the emails roll out at about 2pm est daily? since I am past that, will mine come tomorrow? :D thanks for this opportunity. I am trying really hard to make SR a priority again, I just get bogged down and forget. If there is a reminder email, it may help to put it on my brain! :p

momof3lovebugs
02-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Got my confirmation email and .25!!! thank you SR!!! :cooldance:

arob414
02-08-2012, 06:25 PM
I like the one day offers, will help me from missing things I am interested in if it is a busy day. Also, free shipping.

lkat
02-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Signed up and got credit immediately. Also got the first email today. I agree with what others have said that not more than 10 would be best, otherwise it gets overwhelming. I liked that the email was in an easy to read format. In general, I would probably be most interested in free shipping offers (no minimum is always better :D ) special offers like the kinds that the cookie or baking companies have are always fun as are the photo site offers!

SunshineGirl
02-08-2012, 08:04 PM
My goal is between 5 and 10. We're going to watch what we post carefully to make sure that we never go over that. Ideally it will be around 5.

mmm611
02-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Got credit and I agree--very easy signup!

Since I missed today's email, I can't comment, but one thing that might be good not yet mentioned would be national Groupon deals, like the ones they've done in the past for Redbox and Shoebuy.

lkat
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Got credit and I agree--very easy signup!

Since I missed today's email, I can't comment, but one thing that might be good not yet mentioned would be national Groupon deals, like the ones they've done in the past for Redbox and Shoebuy.

oh yeah! Those would be great! Especially since some of the "online only" groupon deals don't come through in my email if they're not specifically in my area. But I can still use them online...

SunshineGirl
02-08-2012, 08:41 PM
We will definitely include national deals for Groupon, Living Social, Saveology, etc!

nurseminnie76
02-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I think this is a great idea. I just signed up and received credit. Thanks! :sunshine:

For some reason I can no longer access the forum at work. It started a few months ago and I haven't been able to figure out why. I can open the forum but when I click on a thread, it freezes my computer. :computer:

So .... I'm very excited to see a daily deal email because I don't come to the forum nearly as much as I used to. Now I won't miss out on great deals. :love:

faithhope
02-09-2012, 12:32 PM
great idea!
keep it short... just the best of the best...
best offers, best shopping (either high cash back, or free shipping), surveys with really high complete rate.

confirmation link had an error
did get credit..
looking forward to the first email

Breeze88
02-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Worked great for me too :thanks:

jenny105
02-09-2012, 01:54 PM
I signed up too! :)

Blessing and Miracle
02-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I think this is a great idea. I just signed up and received credit. Thanks! :sunshine:

For some reason I can no longer access the forum at work. It started a few months ago and I haven't been able to figure out why. I can open the forum but when I click on a thread, it freezes my computer. :computer:

So .... I'm very excited to see a daily deal email because I don't come to the forum nearly as much as I used to. Now I won't miss out on great deals. :love:

Omg, this was happening to me and driving me crazy!! I just assumed it was my computer and bought a new one. lol. Since I'm always logging in at home I just knew it was my computer. I couldn't get in the forum for weeks unless I was using someone elses computer around here.

amarazas
02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks!! I got the confirmation email ... linked worked. :) I'm looking forward to receiving the daily deals!!

happymom
02-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Like the daily deals. Easy signup too! Thanks for the .25. :thanks:

Love2Shop
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the offer!:sunshine2:

nurseminnie76
02-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Omg, this was happening to me and driving me crazy!! I just assumed it was my computer and bought a new one. lol. Since I'm always logging in at home I just knew it was my computer. I couldn't get in the forum for weeks unless I was using someone elses computer around here.

Lisa -- glad to know I'm not alone - LOL! I also have laptop that I use for work and I have the same problem. When I'm at home I use a MAC and I haven't had any problems with that.

Received my first daily deal email on Friday and was able to take advantage of one of the offers. I think I'm really going to like this! :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
02-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Just as an FYI, like all of the other offers on Sunshine Rewards, if you sign up for the DealMail just to get the credits and then cancel quickly, your credits can be revoked. We are working with a third party on this offer and they report back to our system automatically the userids of members who either unsubscribe or mark the emails as spam.