PDA

View Full Version : So Upset!!!

Blessing and Miracle
03-07-2008, 10:31 PM
For Christmas I spent over one hundred dollars on magazines from a company that SR no longer has listed as a merchant. Thank God!!!! These were gifts for several of my neices and nephews. As of today, March 7, 2008 they haven't received one magazine!! After several failed attempts to contact the company. I give up! But I will report them to the BBB!!!! Not only am I ashamed that gifts never arrived to my neices and nephews, who look so forward to Nannie's Christmas gifts, I'm out of money that I'll never recoup, and now I have to replace them!! I'm so frustrated, disappointed, ashamed and upset!

Just wanted to blow off a little steam! :(

3dog2kidmom
03-07-2008, 10:38 PM
For Christmas I spent over one hundred dollars on magazines from a company that SR no longer has listed as a merchant. Thank God!!!! These were gifts for several of my neices and nephews. As of today, March 7, 2008 they haven't received one magazine!! After several failed attempts to contact the company. I give up! But I will report them to the BBB!!!! Not only am I ashamed that gifts never arrived to my neices and nephews, who look so forward to Nannie's Christmas gifts, I'm out of money that I'll never recoup, and now I have to replace them!! I'm so frustrated, disappointed, ashamed and upset!

Just wanted to blow off a little steam! :(

Oh Lisa, that is so disappointing! Did you pay with a credit card? Can you try and call your CC company and disputing the charges? Please don't feel ashamed... I'm sure your neices and nephews love you regardless of your gifts, but if you get your CC co. to reverse the charges you can always surprise them with something else later. Or maybe you can try to contact the publisher of the various magazines? Just a thought.

m 'n c
03-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Sorry that happened Lisa. Anyway you could open a dispute with your CC company?

sunshinecindy
03-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Lisa, that is horrible. I would certainly dispute the charge, then file with the BBB and anyone who would listen. Do you have a phone number for them or can we help you get one?

JillyFish
03-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Lisa, your post reminded me that I've been meaning to ask my Dad if he's received any magazines from the subscription I gave him for Christmas.....he HASN'T!!! :(

Urrrrrrgh!!!!!

nurseminnie76
03-08-2008, 09:08 AM
:hugs: So sorry this happened to you. I hope you are able to file a dispute with your CC company.

OhMari
03-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I was a band student in school and so were my kids. We always sold magazines in September for a fundraiser. We sold magazines in Sept. and I always remember the magazines coming in Dec. and Jan. If I ordered lets say Redbook, the company would send me, Nov. Dec. and Jan. So I am just giving you a little bit of hope, that maybe the magazines are coming this month yet.

I could never understand why the subscriptions used to take so long to receive.

SunshineGirl
03-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Oh, no!! That is fraud!! I know which company you must be talking about. Is there no contact information out there at all for them? I might be able to try to get some through the people I know who used to work with them.

JillyFish
03-08-2008, 10:50 AM
I still have my confirmation email....luckily. I ordered at the end of November and the email says to allow 8-12 weeks for the first issue to arrive. We are a couple weeks past that. I followed the link in the email for customer service last night and it says that page is "under maintenance." This could be challenging!

sunshinecindy
03-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Just to let you guys know, I am working to see if I can get any contacts too and see what the heck is going on.

Blessing and Miracle
03-08-2008, 02:10 PM
It's definitely been way over the 12 week waiting period. They have no phone numbers listed only a fax number. I've tried to look up the number through the national phone registering, but still nothing. I sent them an email and all I got back was one of those generated emails stating they've received my email. That was weeks ago, but a "real person" has yet to respond.

I wanted to wait and see if they were going to resolve the problem before contacting my bank. It's a time limit on disputing charges and I'm sure I'm way over that. I placed this order back in October or November, but I'm still going to try.

The first order I placed with them was delivered properly and in a timely manner, so I didn't hesitate the second time from ordering from them.

They aren't listed in the yellow business pages even under the address that's on my email confirmations. :confused:

Magical JenK
03-08-2008, 02:37 PM
This reminds me...I ordered two magazines awhile back & received one right away, but the other is quarterly & I have yet to receive it...I should look into this & see if I ordered at the same place as you guys!! Sorry Lisa!!

sunshinecindy
03-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Anyone who has not received their magazines from this company, please post in this thread and let me know what magazines they were. The consulting company they were with is trying to help me get this resolved for you guys. Don't know what they can do, but they are trying. They are wanting to know which magazines were not delivered. Thanks.

Candi
03-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I ordered magazines from them. I have recieved two of the subscriptions which where for my mom and they messed up and send them to me even though I asked for them to be sent to her. I also ordered Family Fun for me and my 3 siblings so that is 4 subscriptions and I have not recieved any of those.

JillyFish
03-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks for goin' to bat for us on this Cindy!! I ordered "Indian's Ink" in late November.

Blessing and Miracle
03-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Anyone who has not received their magazines from this company, please post in this thread and let me know what magazines they were. The consulting company they were with is trying to help me get this resolved for you guys. Don't know what they can do, but they are trying. They are wanting to know which magazines were not delivered. Thanks.

Thanks a bunch, Cindy!

Vibe (3 seperate subscriptions)
XXL
ESPN
Sister 2 Sister
The Big Backyard
Disney and Me (2)

JillyFish
03-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks for goin' to bat for us on this Cindy!! I ordered "Indian's Ink" in late November.

You can call the dogs off for mine Cindy. The first issue finally arrived! :clap:

Thanks!

sunshinecindy
03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
You can call the dogs off for mine Cindy. The first issue finally arrived! :clap:

Thanks!

Good, I'm glad yours got there. I'm going to give this thread a couple days then file the magazines with the consulting company.

Blessing and Miracle
03-17-2008, 09:28 PM

Thanks!

Wow! That's great! Maybe there is still some hope.

sunshinecindy
03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Lisa and Candi, open a TT with the name, address and which magazine goes to them and I think we may be able to get them sent out by next week.