PDA

View Full Version : Browser question

jnorth1007
06-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Are there any other browsers we can use besides IE and AOL? AOL doesnt always credit and IE is giving me trouble on certain offers it is sending me straight to survey scout. If I go to those offers on AOL it goes to the right place so it isn't a computer thing but an IE thing. Any ideas?

jl8595
06-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I use Firefox/Mozilla for most of my offers (and IE here and there) and have fairly good luck. I don't have the same problem with IE that you have though...weird...:confused:

jnorth1007
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I downloaded firefox and for some reason it takes me there too. It is so frustrating I swear.

jnorth1007
06-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Well I tried a few of the credits that didn't come through for me and I got one to credit this time and we will see if anymore do. I may need to start changing between the browsers to see what will credit where. Sheesh this is exhausting.

SunshineGuy
06-06-2007, 10:59 PM
We technically are only supporting the IE browsers. While SunshineRewards.com will work with other browsers, some merchants and their tracking will only work with IE.
With any brower, the security settings always need to be reviewed. Many default installations on browsers set the security settings too high and do not allow the cookies that are needed.

jnorth1007
06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Well I was just fine using IE but now I can't figure out why the offers from that one advertiser keeps sending me to survey scout. I tried it on AOL and it doesn't send me there. I tried it on firefox and it still sends me there. I can't do any of those offers with IE. I tried to see if it was a spyware or toolbar thing and couldn't find anything. I deleted cookies through the browser and manually. I just can't figure out why it is sending me there. It hasn't always done that because some of those offers I did. Any clues?

SunshineGuy
06-06-2007, 11:16 PM
which one is it? maybe a link has gone bad...:confused:

jnorth1007
06-06-2007, 11:19 PM
The latest one is Free Godiva Chocolate. Tricia says it works from her end and that the list I sent her the other day of links that were doing it were all from the same advertiser. When I access it from AOL it works. I just can't access them from IE or Firefox. I only tried firefox because I was looking for a solution. Im very happy using only IE if I can figure this out.

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 11:19 PM
I wonder if it might be sending you there because your IP address is already in their database?? When you use AOL, you would have a different IP address (I think).

jnorth1007
06-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Maybe they have decided that they have given me enough money already and they are cutting me off like DH does at the end of the month :rotfl: :rotfl:

jnorth1007
06-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Ok something is surely wrong. I tried to do the new book club offer that is up today and it takes me right to survey scout like all those other offers were. What is the deal????? Does anyone else have this problem come up where you go to do an offer and it takes you to survey scout instead?