PDA

View Full Version : Amp Survey in the Offers Section

lrsellars
03-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Can someone tell us about the Amp offer? It looks like a survey site with the OTX webpage.

SunshineGirl
03-12-2008, 01:46 PM
So far, no one is telling us that it is the same survey. And we get them through two different companies. Definitely let me know if your credit doesn't post in the next two hours.

lrsellars
03-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks. We'll see what happens.

askomsky
03-12-2008, 01:50 PM
It's defintely part of OTX per say, bc I didn't complete my OTX yesterday until 745pm, so I won't be able to take one until 8pm tonight. I just tried the offer and it told me I came back to soon, we appreciate your enthusaism etc.
So it looks like at 8pm, I'll have the chance to do it, but probably only one of the two.

fourfoxesinpa
03-12-2008, 01:54 PM
It's defintely part of OTX per say, bc I didn't complete my OTX yesterday until 745pm, so I won't be able to take one until 8pm tonight. I just tried the offer and it told me I came back to soon, we appreciate your enthusaism etc.
So it looks like at 8pm, I'll have the chance to do it, but probably only one of the two.

That's exactly what happened to me.

JillyFish
03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Just a couple questions....

I'm assuming that since this was posted we are allowed to do it plus the MyThoughtCounts survey as well??? Yes??? But I'm also wondering....if I did one through MTC last night at 9pm, do I need to wait until after 9pm tonight to try the Amp survey? Or do we not know yet? And do we know if it will credit on the hour like the MTC ones?

I'd like to try the Amp one since it's a bigger payout. Anybody else try it yet? :sunshine2:

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I have not but I'm willing to be a guinea pig. I'll try and report back.

Mom2aPrincess
03-12-2008, 02:27 PM
I haven't seen this one...off to find it....keep us posted everyone....

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Ok taking an amp one now. Will report back on when it credits and then will try a MTC one.

Mom2aPrincess
03-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I went and tried (I've already completed an OTX today)...after I inputted the demographics, it asked me for my profession, and then I got this message:

Come back soon

We're sorry, but you seem to have reached the maximum number of surveys in our system for the time period. If you have joined several survey programs, you may have taken one of our surveys on another survey program.

We have many survey opportunities most of the time, so don't hesitate to try again tomorrow for your next chance to give your opinion.

Note that we are temporarily unable to send you back to your survey program. Please accept our apologies.

sunshinecindy
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
We are temporarily pulling.

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I wonder if it is going to have to be one of those things where you do one and your "other" has to do the other one with cookie clearing inbetween like the daily survey and the SM survey.

MdCaterer
03-12-2008, 03:05 PM
I was in the middle of this survey when it stalled and said it could not connect to SR. When I went back to SR the offer was not there anymore. However, I was able to use the back button on the survey and finish it. Will I get the .85 credit??

SunshineGirl
03-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Honestly, I have no idea. I did put the offer back up, so if your credit comes through, it will still post. But I don't know what you mean by "it stalled and said it could not connect to SR". The survey itself?

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Ok just to report back I finished mine before the hour and had credit after the hour.

MdCaterer
03-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I finished it but it was pulled while I was in the process of finishing it. I do hope it credits!!!

askomsky
03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
What happened to the thread IRSellers started on this and myself and other's posted to?
I tried to take it but told me I reached my limit for the day to come back, meaning that since last night I took it at 730pm I'll have to wait until 8pm to take it tonight, which leads me to believe this is the same as OTX????

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 03:26 PM
There were a few threads going all over the place so it could have been moved, merged or deleted for duplicate info.

nicnik
03-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I just did it & got credit pretty much immediately (probably on the hour).

One thing you might want to note - it acted like OTX (and was labeled OTX too) so I went through the survey but then when I expected it to end & thank me for participation, it went on to look like other offers where you have to click the radio buttons or "skip". I did go through several pages of that before I ended up at some website or other and that's when I closed up.

SunshineGirl
03-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I just did it & got credit pretty much immediately (probably on the hour).

One thing you might want to note - it acted like OTX (and was labeled OTX too) so I went through the survey but then when I expected it to end & thank me for participation, it went on to look like other offers where you have to click the radio buttons or "skip". I did go through several pages of that before I ended up at some website or other and that's when I closed up.

That might be the key. You may have to go through their little path at the end to get credit. That would explain why it is worth more than the other OTX survey.

askomsky
03-12-2008, 03:32 PM
There were a few threads going all over the place so it could have been moved, merged or deleted for duplicate info.

Oh ok, I was just confused bc we were talking about this earlier then when this thread started and couldn't find my original posting.

So does this mean you can only do one or the other? Since it's not allowing me to take it now?

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 03:33 PM
That might be the key. You may have to go through their little path at the end to get credit. That would explain why it is worth more than the other OTX survey.

Well I'm going to throw a wrench in there and say once it changed over to that I x'd out and didn't go any further and received credit on the hour. I would say that I bet its just the difference in advertisers for the 10 cent increase. In any case I'd be happy if we started running both kinda like the greenfield ones with the stipulation to clear cookies between and person A stick with one and person B stick with the other.

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh ok, I was just confused bc we were talking about this earlier then when this thread started and couldn't find my original posting.

So does this mean you can only do one or the other? Since it's not allowing me to take it now?

Either that or you need to clear cookies and you do one and your significant other does the other one.

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 03:35 PM

Just found it. It was in the technical issues section. I went ahead and merged all 3 threads into this one.

askomsky
03-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Just found it. It was in the technical issues section. I went ahead and merged all 3 threads into this one.

Great thanks!

I've always cleared cookies and that has never changed the fact that OTX will only let me take one in a 24 hr time period. I took it last night and it credited at 8pm, I cleared cookies this morning and it still saying I took one and have to wait? :confused:

lrsellars
03-12-2008, 03:41 PM

I started it in the Tech area since all survey related questions were moved there once. I really didn't know where to put it, just glad everything is grouped together now.

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I started it in the Tech area since all survey related questions were moved there once. I really didn't know where to put it, just glad everything is grouped together now.

No biggie. It just seemed to evolve past tech issues onto this board so I merged and moved.

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Great thanks!

I've always cleared cookies and that has never changed the fact that OTX will only let me take one in a 24 hr time period. I took it last night and it credited at 8pm, I cleared cookies this morning and it still saying I took one and have to wait? :confused:

hmm. no idea then. let me do part 2 of the experiment then.

JillyFish
03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I also tried it and it said I had exceeded my daily limit.

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I also tried it and it said I had exceeded my daily limit.

Great thanks!

Are yall both entering in an email address? Just curious because I quit not too long ago with entering that in. I just cleared cookies and started to qualify for a new MTC survey without any problems even after completing and receiving credit for the AMP one.

askomsky
03-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Are yall both entering in an email address? Just curious because I quit not too long ago with entering that in. I just cleared cookies and started to qualify for a new MTC survey without any problems even after completing and receiving credit for the AMP one.

That may be it, off to see if that's the case.

Well that's not it, I cleared cookies and entered in the same info minus email and still got
"Come back soon

We're sorry, but you seem to have reached the maximum number of surveys in our system for the time period. If you have joined several survey programs, you may have taken one of our surveys on another survey program.

We have many survey opportunities most of the time, so don't hesitate to try again tomorrow for your next chance to give your opinion.

Note that we are temporarily unable to send you back to your survey program. Please accept our apologies. "

Mom2aPrincess
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM

I don't enter my email address, but I haven't cleared cookies yet. I thought I'd just try from home (a different computer)....

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Darn thought I had it figured out there. Wonder what the deal is. I entered everything exactly the same both times and didn't get that message.

askomsky
03-12-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't enter my email address, but I haven't cleared cookies yet. I thought I'd just try from home (a different computer)....

What I did notice before when I was working in the office PT is if I took one at home in the evening but went into work the next day it would let me take one earlier. That's how I used to keep myself on a decent time schedule with OTX, I think it's different IP's? IF your at work is yours constantly changing Catherine? Now if I take the OTX too late, and it get's really late I'll skip a day and take one early the next morning. Sometimes it's so early that it's dated the day before, before Tricia has a chance to switch it over, which is no big deal bc I still can get credit for it. At least once a week I skip them just to get back onto an earlier time slot. Usually it's the weekends that end up throwing me off schedule.

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I have no idea. I am at work though. I'll try tomorrow from home and let you know.

fourfoxesinpa
03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Think we have to lie about our age with this one if asked? I am SO afraid of getting banned again!

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Think we have to lie about our age with this one if asked? I am SO afraid of getting banned again!

Yes since it is OTX surveys. I'm not concerned about banation since Tricia hasn't been told anything specific.

fourfoxesinpa
03-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Banation! That made me smile! :)

I just tried the new one after I cleared my cookies and got the following messages. I never put my email in - only my sex, zip, birth year, country - for everything else, I click on "prefer not to answer" or something like that. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

"Come back soon

Note that we are temporarily unable to send you back to your survey program. Please accept our apologies"

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
no ideas from me. i'm going to run the experiment tomorrow from home if both offers are up.

Mom2aPrincess
03-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Well I am stuck here at school as my dd is taking some makeup tests...so I cleared cookies and restarted my computer and was able to complete a survey...We'll see if it credits on the hour...I'll come back and let you know.

Mom2aPrincess
03-12-2008, 05:04 PM
It credited. :cooldance:

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I got credit for MTC as well.

JillyFish
03-12-2008, 07:51 PM
I never put my email in. I guess I will try again a little later....I did one at 9:30 last night. I cleared cookies today too. Hmmmm...

As far as the age thing....I'm not worrying about it. I think there is just some bug that only has them figure your age by the birth year you put in. So it figures what age you will turn in that year....not what age you actually are. Think about it....they only ask your birth YEAR not your birth date. Does that make sense?
Well, that's MY story and I'm stickin' to it!! :rotfl:

spring
03-12-2008, 07:55 PM
I got credit for the AMP survey, but even though I cleared my cookies, I can't take a MTC survey - it says I excited my limit for the day. I'm happy with the AMP survey, though, as it credits slightly more.:sunshine:

askomsky
03-12-2008, 08:48 PM
I got credit for the AMP survey, but even though I cleared my cookies, I can't take a MTC survey - it says I excited my limit for the day. I'm happy with the AMP survey, though, as it credits slightly more.:sunshine:

Same here just finished with AMP (waiting until 9 for the credit) but it won't let me take the other MTC one. I tried today clearing cookies etc.

the only way I can see people able to do both is 1 from work and 1 from home or both at work if your company's IP addy is always changing, like I know DH's does. I have no idea why some were able to do both from work today other then it has to be something with the network setup.

mjjmbnmm
03-12-2008, 09:31 PM
I can't do both either, but at least I got the one that pays more money.

Weluvdisny
03-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Grrrrrr, I took the AMP survey around 6:15. Took my son to soccer practice and just returned. No credit for it, and now I've get the "You seem to have reached the maximum number of surveys..." for both the AMP survey and MTC! I tried clearing cookies too.

3dog2kidmom
03-12-2008, 10:25 PM
I was half way through this one and my computer froze up :computer: and I had to shut out of it. Now I also get the "came back too soon" message and it won't let me take another one. Love the AMP payout though... hopefully it will keep until tomorrow :sunshine2:

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Ok I did some watching at work. My ip was not changing.

Now if you don't mind me asking... How are yall clearing cookies? Manually, thru IE, or thru CCleaner? Wondering if there is a difference in that.

Weluvdisny
03-12-2008, 11:09 PM
I just was able to take another survey for AMP on my regular computer (the first time I used my laptop) so we'll see if I get credit the 2nd time.

I use IE to clear cookies and usually don't have a problem getting credit.

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 11:15 PM
I was just wondering if there was a deep cookie they put on the computers or no. I'll keep pondering. I did CCleaner inbetween the AMP and MTC today.

Weluvdisny
03-13-2008, 12:04 AM
AMP survey credited on the hour! Yeah!:cooldance:

cglaura
03-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Ok I did some watching at work. My ip was not changing.

Now if you don't mind me asking... How are yall clearing cookies? Manually, thru IE, or thru CCleaner? Wondering if there is a difference in that.

I clear through IE. I do this:

Tools ---> Internet Options ---> General Tab - Browsing History ---> Settings - View Files (opens folder, I select all/delete).

That closes then on same General Tab Browsing History - Delete. I delete Cookies, Temp Files & history (I keep passwords).

I got credit for the AMP, could no get a MTC "Sorry you've already, etc."

Tomorrow I'll try running AdAware etc in between the two and see if anything is burried deep.

m 'n c
03-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Definetly post if you see a difference tomorrow. I'm thinking there must be a deep cookie tracking that doing a manual clean doesn't get.

deana
03-13-2008, 01:05 PM
I did a regular cleanup through ie and also did a custom cleanup through norton and cannot get anything to give me a survey today! No ITX, no Amp..... "you do not qualify". And I have not been able to get a regular GF survey in days.... I am beginning to get very paranoid! :confused: :confused: :computer:

PSL1013
03-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Was this Amp Survey a one shot deal for yesterday or will it pop up again today when my 24hr. waiting is up? I have two MyThoughtCounts showing at the moment in my offers, which I've never seen happen before...one has yesterdays date (which I did not take) and another one with today's date? :confused:

deana
03-13-2008, 05:25 PM
I was able to get an AMP this afternoon, but no OTX, despite clearing cookies with on IE and also a custom cleanup with Nortons. Curious if anyone else has luck....

m 'n c
03-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Was this Amp Survey a one shot deal for yesterday or will it pop up again today when my 24hr. waiting is up? I have two MyThoughtCounts showing at the moment in my offers, which I've never seen happen before...one has yesterdays date (which I did not take) and another one with today's date? :confused:

No idea. I am doing one through the email link since I didn't have one on my offers page.

spring
03-13-2008, 05:38 PM
No idea. I am doing one through the email link since I didn't have one on my offers page.

I did one through the e-mail link 1 1/2 hours ago since I took the AMP survey yesterday. No credit so far.:(

m 'n c
03-13-2008, 05:40 PM
I did one through the e-mail link 1 1/2 hours ago since I took the AMP survey yesterday. No credit so far.:(

hmm. I was hoping it would turn into another daily survey.

SunshineGirl
03-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Right now, they are not saying that they will allow people to take it multiple times.

sabrina90744
03-13-2008, 11:07 PM
They both credited for me, I did the AMP at work using one email and did My Thoughts here at home using a different email address.

#1143330 Paid Signup: MyThoughtCounts (posted 03-13-08) 0.75 Credits 03/13/2008 Paid
#1143172 Paid Signup: Amp Surveys 0.85 Credits 03/13/2008 Paid

IckyMickey
03-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Right now, they are not saying that they will allow people to take it multiple times.

So we're only suppose to do this offer once?

I thought I did it more than that, but I didn't. Whew! I did do it yesterday though and got credit for it. I then used CCleaner and DH completed an OTX which I also received credit for. The .85 is great though!

(edited to add) My OTX also went back to the AMP congratulations page, but the credit came through for OTX.

Perhaps I will make SM! :sunshine:

missymouse
03-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Well I had something else happen. I hadn't read this thread but took a MTC survey today and completed it but it ended at the Amp survey site which did credit. Then tried the AMP survey which is the same site the end of My Thought Counts ended on and it said I had already reached my maximum so then I came here to see if they are in fact the same company. Will now try to clear cookies and try the AMP one again.

ETA: Cleared cookies, did everything I could to get all cookies and tried the AMP survey but still get the message that I have done all my surveys for today.

askomsky
03-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I skipped my OTX yesterday bc it was late and I wanted off the late rotation so i took mine at 745 am this morning and when I finished it took me through the AMP ending and it did credit at 8am. no matter how good I clean my cookies etc it will only let me take one a day from this computer.

JillyFish
03-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Did anyone else notice that the MyThoughtCounts survey is increased to .85 today like the amp Survey was? Got mine for today. Just waiting for it to credit on the hour.

:woohoo:

The littlest things make me happy! Thanks Tricia! :sunshine2:

Update: It DIDN'T credit on the hour!!!! :cry: And I checked and it won't allow me to do another one.....so obviously it counted!! That burns me up! Okay, not as happy now!!!

askomsky
03-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Did anyone else notice that the MyThoughtCounts survey is increased to .85 today like the amp Survey was? Got mine for today. Just waiting for it to credit on the hour.

:woohoo:

The littlest things make me happy! Thanks Tricia! :sunshine2:

Update: It DIDN'T credit on the hour!!!! :cry: And I checked and it won't allow me to do another one.....so obviously it counted!! That burns me up! Okay, not as happy now!!!

So sorry Jill, how frustrating! I took mine early this morning at 745am, so it was still the old one from yesterday for .75. I skipped thur to get on an early schedule so I'm a day behind on the OTX. Mine did credit at .75 but it ended again like an AMP survey.

spring
03-15-2008, 12:47 PM
So sorry Jill, how frustrating! I took mine early this morning at 745am, so it was still the old one from yesterday for .75. I skipped thur to get on an early schedule so I'm a day behind on the OTX. Mine did credit at .75 but it ended again like an AMP survey.

Same here. I took it early and got yesterday's credit of .75.