PDA

View Full Version : Beware of downloads!!

SunshineGirl
03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm once again seeing a number of incentivized offers at some of the networks that I work with which will ask you to download screensavers, toolbars, etc. Be VERY careful! It's not worth the 50 cents to download something that is going to install spyware on your computer. We don't list these kinds of things on SR, but I know that a lot of you do other rewards programs and some of them will do anything to make money off of you.

I would advise that everyone download the McAfee SiteAdvisor toolbar. It will automatically tell you if a site is "red" (bad), "green" (good), or "gray" (untested). If you go to a site that is red, you need to read the comments to find out why. If it is only because they send out spam and you don't care if you get spam, then sign up. But if it is because they place something bad on your computer, RUN AWAY!!!!!

m 'n c
03-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Can you post a link to the McAffee site toolbar?

SunshineGirl
03-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Sure thing!

http://www.siteadvisor.com/

pattip03
03-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks Tricia!
That was really easy. :thanks:

disney_girl
03-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the reminder and the link Tricia!! Already installed it! I actually saw where another site was trying to get me to add their toolbar and I ran away! lol

SunshineGirl
03-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the reminder and the link Tricia!! Already installed it! I actually saw where another site was trying to get me to add their toolbar and I ran away! lol

Can you email me that site?

spring
03-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Tricia, and the link to install McAfee.:sunshine:

m 'n c
08-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Bump as a fresh reminder