PDA

View Full Version : things to try to get little offers to credit?

lenzs4
06-07-2007, 12:43 PM
OK - finally seeing the little ones not credit as easily as before...
I did them all in May and had about 30 pending so I redid all of them yesterday and got credit for about 5 more. I used a different computer -same house - so probably same IP address.

What do the companies look at to determine if you are in the system?
Email,
name,
phone,
address
I have a new actual address (that didn't work yesterday so I am thinking that is not the determining factor) I used a fairly new email address but can use a different one. Is there any factor I am not thinking of?

SunshineGirl
06-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Honestly, it is different for every company. Some of them like the ones where you only give your zip code are IP address. Some of them will NOT credit if you try somewhere that is a "proxy server" like a library or university because so many people used that route to sign up for things fraudulently (even creating their own servers).

Some of them are cookie only, and you may have some hidden cookies.

Some of the bigger offers are address and credit card number.

And some are just plain email address.

I wish even I could figure it out, but I don't think they tell ANYONE because they figure that people would then use it against them.

lenzs4
06-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Oh - well, I guess I won't try the library then. I guess I am already in the system andalthough I will still give them a try, I will not expect them to credit very often.