PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere along the line...

bellanlivismom
03-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Did we have a photo entry contest as an offer?? I just got an email in my box that said that my picture was selected to be a semifinalist and appear in this book...am I alone or did everyone get this email??? I did not want to get super excited if there was nothing to get excited about. It was from picture.com :cooldance:

missymouse
03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Did we have a photo entry contest as an offer?? I just got an email in my box that said that my picture was selected to be a semifinalist and appear in this book...am I alone or did everyone get this email??? I did not want to get super excited if there was nothing to get excited about. It was from picture.com :cooldance:

There was an offer for Great American Photo contest or something like that. Haven't heard about picture.com but am willing to bet is is related or at least similar to poetry.com. You submit a picture or poem and then they make money by putting it in a book that they want you to buy.

coastalgirl
03-17-2008, 07:15 PM
It was an offer! I get these too! My Katie has been a prize winner twice!! Once she was even chosen to be in a coffee table book about babies!

bellanlivismom
03-17-2008, 07:15 PM
There was a buy the book thing attached but it also said that there were something like 115 prizes etc. I do remember that one now that you say it. I am betting that that was it. :) I will take it just know that I made it into the book is good enough for me!

mollyeilis
03-18-2008, 01:23 PM
I will take it just know that I made it into the book is good enough for me!

If that makes you happy, then it's good.

But you would not believe the picture of mine they touted as so amazing, sent invites to shindigs in Vegas to announce the book, more contests, more winnings....I didn't look at the picture close enough when I submitted it, and let's just say it was NOT appropriate for such a contest (if you're a Seinfeld watcher, it's along the lines of Elaine's Christmas card picture, only not exactly the same).

sammielynn
03-18-2008, 05:55 PM
I get those e-mails all the time. I submitted a photo and it is a grand champion:) It was a picture of my son that I really didn't think was that good. but it was fun!

sunshinecindy
03-18-2008, 06:58 PM
But you would not believe the picture of mine they touted as so amazing, sent invites to shindigs in Vegas to announce the book, more contests, more winnings....I didn't look at the picture close enough when I submitted it, and let's just say it was NOT appropriate for such a contest (if you're a Seinfeld watcher, it's along the lines of Elaine's Christmas card picture, only not exactly the same).

Maybe thats why they thought it was so good. :rotfl:

Magical JenK
03-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh yes, last year my photo made it into the book & for a mere $50 (or something like that) I could get a copy of it! I want to say that Bryan sent in a photo of sod & it too made the book! :0)

luvdisney00
03-18-2008, 09:57 PM
My photo was also a "winner" at picture.com. It wasn't that great, but it was going to be in a book as well. I guess they get people to buy the book like those "who's who" books they are always selling.