PDA

View Full Version : Beward of "McAfee Secure Site"

SunshineGirl
11-15-2012, 11:41 AM
If you have McAfee on your computer (especially at work), be advised that they have partnered with a different big-named cash back site such that when you visit merchant sites after clicking from Sunshine Rewards, a pop-up might try to direct you through the other cash-back site's links. If that happens, you will NOT get your Sunshine Rewards credit.

I'm incredibly upset that this is happening right before the holiday shopping season. McAfee is supposed to be a "trusted" name in computer security. And now they have placed themselves right in the affiliate marketing stream in such a way that it can steal commissions from people like me who have built up content and loyal customers. :(

Hedy
11-15-2012, 11:48 AM
To quote a certain political figure, they are "poopy-heads." :mad::headache:

Blessing and Miracle
11-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Maybe that's why McAfee is on the run with a loaded weapon!:eek:

mollyeilis
11-16-2012, 02:44 AM
That's just awful. And really weird timing with the weird news about the founder of that firm!

RENITA
11-16-2012, 08:42 AM
So sorry for you, but glad you are able to warn everyone.

I am so glad I use the free Avast. I have not had any problems since switching over 3 years ago.

sammielynn
11-16-2012, 10:04 AM
I have McAfee on my home computer, anything I can do to fix this??? Nearly time to change anyway.

SunshineGirl
11-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I have McAfee on my home computer, anything I can do to fix this??? Nearly time to change anyway.

Are you seeing any kind of popups yet when you shop?

sammielynn
11-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Are you seeing any kind of popups yet when you shop?

None at all.