PDA

View Full Version : Critique my ADR listing

m 'n c
03-19-2008, 09:22 AM
I have 3 days until I have to call and fight for ADRs at disney. Would you all please review my wish list and tell me if there are any I should change?

Thanks in advance!
http://chattywomen.com/pinkritas/2008/03/19/wdw-adrs/

LuvMyBoys
03-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Which meals are you doing for 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, and WCC?

We really loved the 'Ohana breakfast, I think you guys will like that one too. :)

Magical JenK
03-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Done. I think I did it right. Never replied to a blog before! :0)

m 'n c
03-19-2008, 09:58 AM
oh all meals are dinner except Ohana. I'll try to edit it so its more clear.

Thanks Jen you did a great job!

I am totally addicted to my blog. It is so much fun especially when I'm working on both of my trip planning's. If you have any interest in blogging definitely give it a whirl with Tricia. The payperpost thing is a money maker.

Magical JenK
03-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks Jen you did a great job!

The payperpost thing is a money maker.

Yeah you lost me there...that's why I'm afraid of blogging...I don't understand it!! :p

m 'n c
03-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh its not that hard. You just start blogging about whatever you like and then after your blog's been active for 30 days with 10 posts you can sign up for payperpost where you get paid to write advertisments. Its pretty easy once you get into it.

Mom2aPrincess
03-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh its not that hard. You just start blogging about whatever you like and then after your blog's been active for 30 days with 10 posts you can sign up for payperpost where you get paid to write advertisments. Its pretty easy once you get into it.

Yea. I started off really slow, but after I really got started, it is a blast. I'm actually thinking of starting a new one on my classroom website for school. I'm going to downloand and install wordpress and play this summer with some ideas.

I commented on both your site and Buzzfuse for you.

m 'n c
03-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks I like hearing that I made some good choices. I've been a tad nervous about my list because well you know how dis reviews can be.

howdyfrtx
03-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Your list looks good! Are you sure you don't want to take my kids...with all those character meals? They will even pay for there own meal.... :p

We are only planning on 1 or 2 character meal...am I a bad mom or what? I haven't even finished my list and we only have two more days....:eek:

m 'n c
03-20-2008, 01:20 PM
We just love the character meals because most are buffet/family style so we can pig out on foods we normally wouldn't eat and see Mickey without standing in line at toon town.

You better get cracking on your list. What is on your list so far?

howdyfrtx
03-20-2008, 01:37 PM
So, far I have
Cinderella Castle (Breakfast or Lunch - can't decide)
LeCellier (dinner)
Hoop-Dee-Doo (dinner)
Teepan Edo (dinner)

Undecided on (need 2 more)
Liberty Tree (dinner)
Grand Gathering Safari
O'hana (breakfast or dinner)

If we do the GG then will pull either Cinderella or Hoop-Dee out. Its so hard to plan with another family...its been a little frustrating. My sister doesn't get (this is her first trip to WDW) all the pre planning stuff...especially when we have 6 months until we go.

m 'n c
03-20-2008, 01:55 PM
What is the grand gathering safari? Is that like a special ride at AKL?

I would just book it all and then cancel as you all get closer and decide on things.

howdyfrtx
03-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I'll book something...just in case. The grand gathering safari is for a group of 8 or more. They have four different excursions that you can participate in but they are two TS.

Safari Celebration Dinner
Make dinnertime an adventure with an amazing experience. Meet your tour guide in Asia at the "Flights of Wonder" theater for an exciting tour on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

After you've returned from your Safari, continue the Disney's Animal Kingdom fun in the Tusker House Restaurant with a delicious all-you-can-eat African-inspired dinner menu served family style. Dine on a full range of delectable foods that will please even the youngest members of your family. Then, have an "up-close" experience with exotic wildlife brought to the restaurant courtyard just to meet you — even get an autograph from one of the special Disney Characters who stop by the restaurant to say hello! And if you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, family reunion or other special occasion, your Disney friends will surely add their recognition to the festivities. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $59.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $29.99 (available 180 days prior)

m 'n c
03-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Oh that sounds fun. I'd definitely do the safari if I had a grand gathering.

Alice28
03-20-2008, 06:35 PM
did it:). And now I am hungry.

m 'n c
03-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Oh I saw your post yesterday. It really made me feel good about my choices. I had no idea it was you Robin!

luvdisney00
03-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Catherine,
Your choices look good, a lot of our favorites as well. :heart:

I made my ADRs this morning, it makes it feel like it's not so far away. We got

9/17 1900 Park Fare (dinner)
9/18 Le Cellier (lunch)
9/19 Crystal Palace (dinner before MNSSHP)
9/20 Boma (dinner)
9/21 Momma Melrose FDP
9/22 Chef Mickey (farewell breakfast)

What does everyone think? My family loved Coral Reef last year, so I am still debating trading Le Cellier for CR. I think I'll call tomorrow and make CR and then I can decide later. At home there are lots of great steak places, so it's really more about unique dining experiences that we can't do other places. We've never been to Le Cellier, and everyone raves about it, but I still wonder if we'd have a better experience at CR or even Garden Grill.

Also any thoughts on MM? We've never been there either, and I was considering leaving DS and going to the Boardwalk area to eat and coming back for Fantasmic. I don't know if I'll need that preferred seating or not.

Thanks for any input,
Dorothy

m 'n c
03-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Catherine,

9/18 Le Cellier (lunch)
9/20 Boma (dinner)
9/21 Momma Melrose FDP

What does everyone think? My family loved Coral Reef last year, so I am still debating trading Le Cellier for CR. I think I'll call tomorrow and make CR and then I can decide later. At home there are lots of great steak places, so it's really more about unique dining experiences that we can't do other places. We've never been to Le Cellier, and everyone raves about it, but I still wonder if we'd have a better experience at CR or even Garden Grill.

Also any thoughts on MM? We've never been there either, and I was considering leaving DS and going to the Boardwalk area to eat and coming back for Fantasmic. I don't know if I'll need that preferred seating or not.

Thanks for any input,
Dorothy

I have only done chef mickeys as a good bye breakfast and loved it. I mean its a buffet but it was a good time and we didn't feel rushed, the characters came around and interacted with us and we got to say bye properly to mickey and minnie.

Le Cellier and Coral Reef I just don't know about. Its hard to go to either when I can get steak just about anywhere here in houston and it be top notch and seafood is plentiful here as well. We have 2 of the downtown aquarium restaurants here which has huge fish tanks so that isn't too much of a draw. Though we really don't go out for proper seafood here it is something that I have been thinking about today. I might book it for lunch and decide later to keep it or not.

Mom2aPrincess
03-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Catherine,

9/18 Le Cellier (lunch)
9/20 Boma (dinner)
9/21 Momma Melrose FDP

Thanks for any input,
Dorothy

The girls and I love Coral Reef too, but so far we've lucked out and sat right by the glass both times. We tried Le Cellier last time and I hated to leave it out on this trip, but I just didn't have enough days. It will be on the definite list next time. So we're choosing CR over Le Cellier, but only because we've been there. I think I'd try Le Cellier. I thought it was a really neat restaurant (and we even found a hidden mickey).

Haven't been to Garden Grill - it's on our list to try in August.

We had Mama Melrose in December (fantasmic package too), and I preferred Hollywood and Vine for the family. I enjoyed my meal a lot, but one of my girls didn't care for it at all so it doesn't seem to have what my family likes.