PDA

View Full Version : Disney Stores May Be Disney Run Again

Mom2aPrincess
03-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Just came across this and thought I'd share:

Retailer is in 'advanced' talks with the Walt Disney Co. to take back many Disney stores (http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/20/news/companies/bc.apfn.children.splace.ap/index.htm?postversion=2008032008).

m 'n c
03-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I saw that on the DIS. I'm very excited as I remember the way the old disney store use to be and how it is now.

arob414
03-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Our Disney Store closed, last month. :( Someone is having a temporary sell off of Disney clothing and other stuff then something else will be there.

I really don't buy much there, anymore, because the girls have outgrown alot of the stuff but I liked to go there for my Disney fix.

~Kathie
03-22-2008, 12:21 AM
A friend who works at out local store confirmed it today. Her manager called her this morning.

They were told they will know which stores are closing in 6-8 weeks.

There are 2 stores near me. They are about 20 miles apart so hopefully they will both stay open!

luvdisney00
03-22-2008, 09:13 AM
I hope they make it as nice as it used to be. I still like the Disney Store, but the way it is now, I doubt there would be much for me whan my 5 year old outgrows the clothes.

Mom2aPrincess
03-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I hope they make it as nice as it used to be. I still like the Disney Store, but the way it is now, I doubt there would be much for me whan my 5 year old outgrows the clothes.

We love the Disney Store but have a hard time finding them. We buy Tshirts for the entire family and now they've started adding some great household stuff that I would love to have....

luvdisney00
03-22-2008, 12:31 PM
We love the Disney Store but have a hard time finding them. We buy Tshirts for the entire family and now they've started adding some great household stuff that I would love to have....

That sounds great, but our Disney Store doesn't have any household stuff and very little adult apparel. Actually our Disney store is closed for renovation, but the one we are now going to has little more than kids clothes, costumes and stuffed animals.
I'd love to see it be the way it was when Disney owned it, with household stuff, art, jewelry and all kinds of stuff. Kind of like World if Disney in DTD .

Mom2aPrincess
03-22-2008, 01:10 PM
That sounds great, but our Disney Store doesn't have any household stuff and very little adult apparel. Actually our Disney store is closed for renovation, but the one we are now going to has little more than kids clothes, costumes and stuffed animals.
I'd love to see it be the way it was when Disney owned it, with household stuff, art, jewelry and all kinds of stuff. Kind of like World if Disney in DTD .

How weird. I would have thought they would all be the same. I've been in a few in Austin, Dallas, and Houston and they all had the adult stuff now.