PDA

View Full Version : Earn Gift Cards for Using Bing (Plus Bonus from Sunshine Rewards)

SunshineGirl
05-27-2014, 10:22 AM
http://www.sunshinerewards.com/videoblog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/bing-signup.jpg
(http://www.sunshinerewards.com/offers.php?oid=4311)
I'd like to start a new thread about Bing Rewards because we are now working with them directly at a MUCH higher payout and have a chance at a strong partnership with them (which is very exciting!).

You can now sign up for Bing Rewards using either a Microsoft account OR your Facebook account, which is extremely easy.

My first goal is to hit 525 points to get a $5 Amazon Gift Card. I'm at 339 so far but really have to remind myself to use it every day to search. I think you can get up to 10 credits a day for mobile search and 30 credits a day for PC search. At 40 credits a day just for searching, I'll be at my first cashout in 5 days!

So let's share how we are getting points and keep each other motivated. I know you love your Sunshine Rewards cashouts, but there is no reason that we can't do both. :)

SunshineGirl
05-27-2014, 10:36 AM
I just got a quick 20 points for adding Bing to my browser. Which is fine by me because I want to remember to use it anyway. I did NOT add the toolbar though. I'm always wary of adding any toolbars.

arob414
05-27-2014, 05:35 PM
I am bad to forget to use Bing for searches, however, you can earn a point/daily by clicking inside the Notification tab (top right hand) and each day you have a "click" to click.

SCard
05-28-2014, 06:55 AM
I am confused. Yesterday my dashboard said up to 30 credits for PC searches. Today is says Earn 1 credit per 2 searches up to 15 credits per day. was the 30 credits only the first day?

russellh
05-28-2014, 08:20 AM
I am confused. Yesterday my dashboard said up to 30 credits for PC searches. Today is says Earn 1 credit per 2 searches up to 15 credits per day. was the 30 credits only the first day?

They run special things every now and then, and for the month of May, it was double credits on Tuesdays. So instead of the usual 15 you were able to earn 30 on Tuesdays.

SCard
05-28-2014, 08:41 AM
They run special things every now and then, and for the month of May, it was double credits on Tuesdays. So instead of the usual 15 you were able to earn 30 on Tuesdays.

thanks for the clarification; I only signed up last night and did not have much time to "look around".

SunshineGirl
05-28-2014, 08:44 AM
I got a point for clicking to read about hamburgers today. LOL

russellh
05-28-2014, 02:52 PM
thanks for the clarification; I only signed up last night and did not have much time to "look around".

No problem. I have been signed up for a while with them. I make it a point to get all my searches in each day. They used to offer 30 a day all days, so I would get about 2 $5 amazon cards each month. Now I get some Starbucks cards for our trips to Disneyworld so we can get stuff at EPCOT and Magic Kingdom.

SCard
06-01-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm at 25% of my goal for $5 Amazon gift card. I don't have a smartphone and my tablet (Kindle Fire) doesn't work with Bing so it will take me awhile to get to my goal. Will be checking for any June "special" like the double point Tuesdays in May.

dwkay8
06-02-2014, 11:21 AM
I've used Bing Rewards for a long, long time now. I have Bing set as my home page, which makes it much easier to use regularly. I'm also gold, so I try to make sure I keep up that status, especially when I'm nearing enough points to request a GC.

SunshineGirl
06-02-2014, 02:14 PM
I'm at just over 500, so I am trying hard to get to that Gold status! I am set to redeem at 525 for the $5 Amazon gift card.

SCard
06-03-2014, 06:48 AM
Bing turns 5 today! 5 x the searches today on a PC, up to 75.

150 searches, that's alot with a full time job. :)

SCard
06-04-2014, 10:02 AM
I am close to 300 now and made it to Silver Status.

when I was doing 150 searches yesterday, I noticed that not every search was "counted". I did way more than 150 and this AM I had a few times where I had to do 3 before the count went up by 1 point. I am new to Bing, is there a reason for this?

Thanks

mellymel261
06-04-2014, 10:06 AM
I am finding the same about the # of searches vs. credits, I probably did 300 yesterday just to get the 150 to credit it took me litterly from 5-11pm to get them all.

SunshineGirl
06-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Do they credit for every search? I thought it was for every 2 searches.

SCard
06-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Do they credit for every search? I thought it was for every 2 searches.

yes, it's every 2 searches for 1 pt but it often seems like I have to do 3 to get the points to go up by 1.:confused:

mellymel261
06-04-2014, 07:54 PM
I have been at 6 out of 15 for the past hour and have probably done 20 more searches

SCard
06-05-2014, 07:54 AM
definitely something is not working correctly for me. I am watching the count very carefully and had to do 4 searches this morning to get the count to go up by one and it should have needed 2 searches.

Anyone have any idea why I cam being shorted on my searches?

mellymel261
06-05-2014, 10:00 PM
definitely something is not working correctly for me. I am watching the count very carefully and had to do 4 searches this morning to get the count to go up by one and it should have needed 2 searches.

Anyone have any idea why I cam being shorted on my searches?

This is happening to me as well, I have been at 3 of 15 all night and have been using it for searches for the past 2 hours.

SunshineGirl
06-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Bing is running double credits today!

SCard
06-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Bing is running double credits today!

saw that, double points for Mondays the rest of June it looked like.

I am still having issues with the counts. At least once this morning again, I had to do 4 searches before the count when up by 1; 2 searches should have done it. I feel like I am being shortchanged just about every day but can't figure out why.

SunshineGirl
08-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Okay...I am doing terribly! Why can't I remember to go in there and search more often?? I'm only at 824, which I guess means I am one step closer to Gold. But I would really like to get to gold. Maybe I should go ahead and cash out for my first $5 Amazon gift card?

SCard
08-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Okay...I am doing terribly! Why can't I remember to go in there and search more often?? I'm only at 824, which I guess means I am one step closer to Gold. But I would really like to get to gold. Maybe I should go ahead and cash out for my first $5 Amazon gift card?

except when you get to Gold you have to do 3 seaches for 1 point, but can get 30 points/day. Seemed strange to me, get a higher status and have to do 3 searches/pt vs. 2?

tjrj1988
08-05-2014, 07:39 PM
I just redeemed for my first reward. The Amazon $5 gift card. I'm working on getting to gold too.

spring
08-05-2014, 08:08 PM

I hear you! I finally had to make my Bing searches the first thing on the computer I do everyday, reached gold status quickly, and will have enough points to cash out for my 4th Amazon $5 gift card tomorrow. I think it is really worth the less than 5 minutes it takes each day.

Once you reach gold status, I haven't had to do any more searches than before, ie 2 searches still give 1 credit.

SCard
08-05-2014, 09:01 PM
I hear you! I finally had to make my Bing searches the first thing on the computer I do everyday, reached gold status quickly, and will have enough points to cash out for my 4th Amazon $5 gift card tomorrow. I think it is really worth the less than 5 minutes it takes each day.

Once you reach gold status, I haven't had to do any more searches than before, ie 2 searches still give 1 credit.

interesting, for sure it says "earn 1 credit per 3 searches". Wonder why I am getting shortchanged.

mellymel261
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
I am at gold now and it is 2 searches per 1 point

mmm611
08-06-2014, 08:02 PM

Tricia, I think you have to cashout at least once before you have gold status -- then you should level up!

SunshineGirl
08-07-2014, 05:02 PM
So I cashed out. Now it says I have to do 150 rewardable searches, up to 20 per day. I guess I have to do that many first?

I did cash out for a $5 Amazon card. Yea!

spring
08-07-2014, 05:44 PM
So I cashed out. Now it says I have to do 150 rewardable searches, up to 20 per day. I guess I have to do that many first?

I did cash out for a $5 Amazon card. Yea!

Check your status bar. It should now tell you that you have Gold status. As far as the searches, I believe it just means you have to earn at least 150 credits in a one month period. That's equivalent of both the PC and Mobile surveys for at least 6 days a month, since the PC searches earn up to 15 points a day and the Mobile searches earn 10. So it's easy to keep Gold status and use fewer credits for awards.

Congrats on your first $5 Amazon card! :sunshine:

SCard
08-08-2014, 07:30 AM
cashed out for my 3rd Amazon GC this week :)

mellymel261
08-08-2014, 01:53 PM
I hit 2000 points last night :)

tjrj1988
08-08-2014, 05:07 PM
So, I cashed out for the Amazon card a couple of days ago. When I check the status of the gift card it says 'shipped'. Yet I haven't received an email from Bing with the Amazon code in it.

Does Bing send an email-able gift code or an actual physical gift card that one gets thru snail mail?

Thanks,
Jan

spring
08-08-2014, 05:34 PM
So, I cashed out for the Amazon card a couple of days ago. When I check the status of the gift card it says 'shipped'. Yet I haven't received an email from Bing with the Amazon code in it.

Does Bing send an email-able gift code or an actual physical gift card that one gets thru snail mail?

Thanks,
Jan

The same thing happened to me the first time I cashed out for the Amazon card. The "card" is really a code delivered by email. The header will state "Bing Rewards Orders. Since I didn't receive that email with my first order, make sure your email address that they have is correct, then notify them that you didn't get your reward. I got a message back from someone the same day and the award was resent. Since my first reward, I have had no further problems getting the email, usually the next day. Make sure you include the bing order number if you have it. You can find it under order history. HTH

tjrj1988
08-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Perfect! Thanks Spring-that's exactly what I did-had the wrong email for them to send the reward to. I've contacted customer support and should know something soon.

disneyforever
10-27-2014, 12:12 AM
I just read this thread. Not sure how I missed it before. Is everyone still doing this? I am thinking of trying it.

If you attach your Facebook account, does it 'spam' it? I sometimes don't necessarily want people to know what I do.

arob414
10-27-2014, 07:07 AM
I just read this thread. Not sure how I missed it before. Is everyone still doing this? I am thinking of trying it.

If you attach your Facebook account, does it 'spam' it? I sometimes don't necessarily want people to know what I do.

I joined quite awhile ago so I don't remember the exact details regarding FB. However, whenever I don't want something to be visible to everyone, I specify only me in drop down box.

Bing is really easy and a quick way to catch up the news. I have a long row of news items, at bottom of home page. I click on each, read what I want, and move on to the next. I save for Amazon gc's or ********s.

SunshineGirl
10-27-2014, 08:37 AM
I have never had it post anything to Facebook before. Since I started I have gotten $10 in Amazon GCs and am close to another $5!

disneyforever
10-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Thanks for this info!!!

Will give it a shot. :cooldance:

PSL1013
11-02-2014, 09:11 AM
My first cashout last month was for a $5 Starbucks reward and I took it to Disney with me, got myself a Java Chip Frappuccino in Epcot!!! :mickey:

SunshineGirl
12-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Just cashed out for my 3rd $5 Amazon gift card. It actually adds up faster than you would think!

mellymel261
12-02-2014, 09:07 PM
I am working towards my 10th one! they add up really fast :)

russellh
12-02-2014, 11:31 PM
I usually get 2 a month as long as I do my searches daily. The extra $10 a month in Amazon gift cards adds up quick.