PDA

View Full Version : New SR design!

sammielynn
03-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Came home from church and logged on, did an offer and went back to the home page and Bang! It was all new. How cool it looks!

m 'n c
03-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh I love this design. Way to go Tricia!

m 'n c
03-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Does anyone else have drop downs for things like offers and shopping? The only drop down I have is for members.

I also can't get to the scratch off or daily survey. :(

sammielynn
03-30-2008, 12:57 PM
I have a dropdown for everything that was on the old page???

m 'n c
03-30-2008, 12:59 PM
I have a dropdown for everything that was on the old page???

hmm let me refresh then.

sammielynn
03-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Hope that works, the new page is wonderful!

m 'n c
03-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah still no drop downs under the new bar. Not sure if they are suppose to be there but I don't know any other way to navigate to some things like the daily scratch off. I found a round about way to get to the daily surveys from the news page.

mollyeilis
03-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Does anyone else have drop downs for things like offers and shopping? The only drop down I have is for members.

That's what my page looks like, but I use firefox. (I think you use IE b/c you're a good sunshiner, LOL)

Firefox worked for everything on Sunshine for me (except for the occasional survey that said to only use IE), but now it looks like I'm going to have to go to Safari (IE for Macs is beyond useless, at least on my machine, which is why I don't use it though I know we're supposed to) b/c it looks gooooood on Safari, but just weird and bizarro on Firefox.

sammielynn
03-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Try logging out and then back in. I went back and looked and everything is there for me. I'm using IE.

sammielynn
03-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Was looking arond some more and the pending offers page has an error as well as the win a diamond page. I'm sure that it will all be worked out soon.

SunshineGuy
03-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah still no drop downs under the new bar. Not sure if they are suppose to be there but I don't know any other way to navigate to some things like the daily scratch off. I found a round about way to get to the daily surveys from the news page.
what browser are you using? there are dropdown menus that should show up under the new nav bar

SunshineGuy
03-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Was looking arond some more and the pending offers page has an error as well as the win a diamond page. I'm sure that it will all be worked out soon.

oops...some typos on my part. should be fixed. now

sammielynn
03-30-2008, 01:18 PM
They all work now, at least for me. Thanks SG!

T1nkrules
03-30-2008, 01:27 PM
The new page looks wonderful!
Question..how do I log off? No drop down except for under the members section, and I have read all your comments about refresh and logging off and then back on, but I can't log off! help! :confused:

PSL1013
03-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I can't log on using Firefox at all and that is the browzer that I use? :confused: I checked it out on IE but I don't use that very much, I do really like the look of this new layout. I need my Firefox though? :rotfl:

speechteachri
03-30-2008, 01:30 PM

I don't have the drop downs either except for the members page...and I also can't figure out how to log off to log back in and see if that fixes the problem. I'm going to try clearing my cookies and see what happens.

speechteachri
03-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Still nothing.:(

I use IE.

pattip03
03-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Only dropdown menu for me is the member tab. Cannot find daily surveys. :(

SunshineGirl
03-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Our designer assured us that it would work for ALL browsers now. So it may just take a little bit of tweaking. SG is adding a link right now under Member Zone to log out. I'll also add a couple of links to the Member Zone page itself for things you can't get to if you are not seeing the menu dropdowns.

T1nkrules
03-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks! I use IE and it has never been a problem. I also went and cleared cookies, but it still didn't work...will wait for SG to update and will try again....:)

SunshineGuy
03-30-2008, 01:35 PM
The new page looks wonderful!
Question..how do I log off? No drop down except for under the members section, and I have read all your comments about refresh and logging off and then back on, but I can't log off! help! :confused:

i added a log off option under memberzone

SunshineGirl
03-30-2008, 01:36 PM
I just added a link on the Member Zone for logging out and the Daily Survey.

mollyeilis
03-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Our designer assured us that it would work for ALL browsers now. So it may just take a little bit of tweaking. SG is adding a link right now under Member Zone to log out. I'll also add a couple of links to the Member Zone page itself for things you can't get to if you are not seeing the menu dropdowns.

If a description would be liked...with Firefox on my Mac, I see the pretty new top banner, with Home and Member Zone (with drop downs). That's were the prettiness ends, LOL. There's a big long vertical list, shopping, coupons, etc, in the *middle*, and as I move my cursor down the screen, all the dropdown options show up at once, over on the left. :p

Then towards the bottom in a squatty little box there's what I'm used to seeing, with the links and the earnings and all that.

Hope that helps, if they want descriptions right now. :sunshine2:

SunshineGuy
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Still nothing.:(

I use IE.

this is weird. can you tell me what version of IE you are using? I have IE7 and FireFox 2, both are working correctly here.

mollyeilis
03-30-2008, 01:44 PM
this is weird. can you tell me what version of IE you are using? I have IE7 and FireFox 2, both are working correctly here.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.7, according to "about mozilla Firefox" on my computer, LOL.

omg I have IE 5 for Macs, and it looks horrid, like someone just exploded the site. Yikes. (anyone ever watch the bonus features on Shrek, where the show all the silly things that happened with the programming, like inside-out shrek, or fuzzy donkey? that's what it's reminding me of, LOL)

speechteachri
03-30-2008, 01:45 PM

Are there different versions???? :rotfl:

I am pretty computer illiterate...I am really impressed with myself that I know I use IE at all!!!:rotfl:

spring
03-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Looks great! I use IE and it appears to all be in working order.:sunshine:

froggi999
03-30-2008, 01:50 PM
love the clean, efficient new look. :love:

SunshineGuy
03-30-2008, 01:51 PM
ok....i think i can get it to error out in firefox here now. i switched the site back to the old header for now....give me a few minutes and i will try to upload it again.

mollyeilis
03-30-2008, 01:51 PM
It's so interesting, watching websites change. :)

Now my firefox is back to "normal".

posting while SG posted. :)

SunshineGuy
03-30-2008, 02:05 PM
ok..i reposted the new header.

i am using IE and firefox and the header is working correctly right now. Can anyone else verify?

mom2ian
03-30-2008, 02:09 PM
i'm using IE and I can see the navbar with the dropdowns.

aknight373
03-30-2008, 02:10 PM
so far everything is working great for me

mollyeilis
03-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Firefox is a go! :rotfl:

Prettttttty.

spring
03-30-2008, 02:16 PM
It's funny. I thought I had all the dropdowns before, but now I REALLY have them. I'm using IE. I didn't realize before all the stuff I was missing. Everything seems to be there now, and the dropdowns work lightning quick! They were sluggish prior to you reloading them. Thanks, SG!:sunshine:

speechteachri
03-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Got all the dropdowns working now! Thanks!

:sunshine:

askomsky
03-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Working just fine for me and looks GREAT!!!!!

Of course my mouse/hand still want to go to the left to click on the menu options, going to take a little getting used to.

I did notice my current earnings page, all the "titles" are now in the middle instead of the left. Is that supposed to be that way? Their all centered now.

Liking this new layout!!

bartleby1
03-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Of course my mouse/hand still want to go to the left to click on the menu options, going to take a little getting used to.

This is my problem too!:rotfl:

With the exception of having to retrain my clicking hand, I really like it! Looks great!

mia214jia
03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Came home from church and logged on, did an offer and went back to the home page and Bang! It was all new. How cool it looks!

LOL... me too! I really like the way the things are looking around here!

~Kathie
03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Looks great and the links work quickly!!

WTG!!! :cooldance:

I'm even using Netscape 7.2 (I know......I know Who uses Netscape nowadays :angel:) and it's working perfectly. I do use IE for offers and most of my shopping but I this version of Netscape!!!

T1nkrules
03-30-2008, 06:01 PM
THANKS! Everything is working fine now and very quickly! (I use IE7)
Great new design!!!!:clap: :sunshine:

jfrog
03-30-2008, 06:06 PM
WOW!!

Lookin' goooooood SR!!!!

llgray16
03-30-2008, 06:25 PM
I think it looks great! :sunshine:

JOLAROCHE
03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I like the design. Now just to train my hand

m 'n c
03-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Ok I finally got home again and checked the page and its all there for me. I'm on IE 6.

arob414
03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
It's BEAUTIFUL and oh so professional looking.

faithhope
03-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I love the top menu design...all is working well for me... it looks beautiful

I will request that the account history page goes back to left adjusted instead of centered, so I can easily scan for shopping versus offers...
just a minor request, so I won't mind if it is ignored...change is good.

Thanks for keeping it fresh,

m4travels
03-31-2008, 12:25 AM
I was just coming in to post about the great new-looking site and I see that most of you were getting it yesterday, Saturday! Yikes!!! I've been on it quite a bit on Sunday (partner dude was shopping this morning!) and nothing was different! Came on this evening and saw the new layout. NICE (just don't know why it took so long for me to see it this way!)

Whoops! Nevermind!!! Didn't realize I wasn't logged on when I was viewing the time stamps!! Dude says: DUH!

Pooh's Pal
03-31-2008, 12:45 AM
WOW....I left my house around 1pm today and come home 12 hours later and WOW...thought I had the wrong page! Great job SR team, It looks AWESOME!!!

nolacindy
03-31-2008, 07:32 AM
Wow! It took a minute for my eyes to adjust and not go automatically to the left hand side, but it looks great!

Magical JenK
03-31-2008, 09:50 AM
I agree looks great! Also agree, hard to make my hand not go to the left and my eyes are having a hard time adjusting reading everything centered...anyway of changing that back to the left alignment??

SunshineGirl
03-31-2008, 10:17 AM
I agree looks great! Also agree, hard to make my hand not go to the left and my eyes are having a hard time adjusting reading everything centered...anyway of changing that back to the left alignment??

Sure. Just tell me which pages are messed up and I will go find them and fix them.

Magical JenK
03-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Sure. Just tell me which pages are messed up and I will go find them and fix them.

Awesome! Thanks!

Current Earnings is one that hurts the most. The rest maybe always were centered & now I'm just noticing it? Anyway, if Current Earnings could be changed I'd really appreciate it! :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
03-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

Current Earnings is one that hurts the most. The rest maybe always were centered & now I'm just noticing it? Anyway, if Current Earnings could be changed I'd really appreciate it! :sunshine:

All done! :sunshine:

chipndale
03-31-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree it looks wonderful! Just a little hard not to want to go to the left hand side for everything.

Magical JenK
03-31-2008, 12:18 PM
All done! :sunshine:

Maybe it's just my computer, but now it is gray & white w/a right alginment? Is that right? I don't care & it's better than the centered, but just want to make sure this is what it's supposed to look like...:sunshine:

askomsky
03-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Maybe it's just my computer, but now it is gray & white w/a right alginment? Is that right? I don't care & it's better than the centered, but just want to make sure this is what it's supposed to look like...:sunshine:

That's what I was just coming to post, is now it's all grey and white and not looking like the other pages...

dawgsgirl
03-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, I guess I'll have to be the only one that does not like the new design. It is too wide for my computer and all I do is scroll over, scroll over. I thought it was just my computer, but it was the same at work. All that scroll over is just annoying. Is there a song in there somewhere? Can you tell I don't like change? :)

spring
03-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Well, I guess I'll have to be the only one that does not like the new design. It is too wide for my computer and all I do is scroll over, scroll over. I thought it was just my computer, but it was the same at work. All that scroll over is just annoying. Is there a song in there somewhere? Can you tell I don't like change? :)

I'm thinking it might be your monitor, not your computer. I have a square monitor at work and I have to scroll. I have a wide screen monitor at home and this new design works great on that.

dawgsgirl
03-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks, I'm thinking it my monitor also. At least SR is the only site that has the scroll over, scroll over thing. If it was everything, I'd go crazy. :computer:

Magical JenK
04-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Where can I find Trouble Tickets on the new tool bar? I can't seem to find them...I remember there used to be a Member's Page where you could get a little summary of your emails read/unread, total balance, etc & that's where I would find the TT link...can anyone direct me??

Thanks

m 'n c
04-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Is it on the bottom of the news and links page? That is how I would get to it before.

Magical JenK
04-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks....agghh!! My type A personality cannot take all the centered text!! ....must get....diet....coke.....

abcboys
04-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm probably a stick in the mud but I don't like changes to websites. I just get too used to using them I don't like having changes made. I just figure if it aint broke don't fix it. I'm sure I will get used to it though.

SunshineGirl
04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
It actually WAS broke before, but not everyone could tell. If you were running the right version of IE, you never had problems. But because the menu was done in java, it would often lock up on a lot of people and they couldn't get into the menu system. The new version now works on every browser.

It was also a problem for us because we didn't have any place on the screen where we could feature offers and merchants--something that we need as leverage to get special deals for everyone. Now that we have that left menu bar free, we can get some more exclusive deals. One that we should be getting in just a few days. ;)

So in addition to just the pretty look, we actually had some real reasons to change it up. The good news is that the menu OPTIONS are the exact same. So you should find everything in the same place as before--just horizontal instead of vertical.

bbangel
04-01-2008, 02:23 PM
It took me awhile to get used to it, but so far I'm liking the change and am finding it easy to navigate once again.

barbaraapple
04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
What could be my problem I cant get anything to drop down under the headers? I am using IE

aepecoraro
04-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I am liking everything so far as well. Very easy to run in Mozilla Firefox

jump2top08
04-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Those are really excellent designs by the way.