PDA

View Full Version : i think i messed up!

daninyc
03-31-2008, 12:36 PM
I could swear I clicked through to shoebuy through SR, but when I checked my **** account it was credited there :confused:

Since I always need more shoes (who doesn't need them right? ;)) am I still able to get the flat rate offer from SR?

sunshinecindy
03-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Its possible, a lot of other reward sites place cookies on your computer that override ours, which is why we ask our members to shop only on one site. There are times that we ask for credits and then look like fools cause it credits somewhere else. We also ask that you do offers on one site only. Generally when you see complaints about people not getting credit for offers, its because they have done it on another site, sometimes its under a different name and they don't know it. Next time clear your cookies then log into SR and then shop, that way, you will be safe.

daninyc
03-31-2008, 12:44 PM
It was so odd because I don't do ANYTHING with ***** really, just read the emails and the paid clicks (the ones that aren't on SR of course). That's why when I logged onto that account and saw the balance I knew something had gone awry somewhere. I haven't even been on ****** in about 3 weeks :confused: And I clear my cookies every other day.

jnorth1007
03-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't know exactly what kind of credit you got from the other site. If you got the flat rate offer from SR on the other site you will not be able to redo that one as that is a one shot offer. If you got regular shopping credit on the other site then you can do the flat rate one here and you should be ok. I would be concerned though that they go credit. If they got regular shopping credit then did they give you the amount you would have gotten through SR? One thing that will help to prevent this in the future is if you make sure to clear your cookies before you do any shopping. If they had a paid click in one of their emails and it took you to Shoebuy then that could've put a cookie on your computer. I would also run spybot or something like that to make sure they don't have tracking cookies on your computer that capture all of your cookies and register them to their site. Additionally make sure that there are no toolbars from that site on your computer.

daninyc
03-31-2008, 03:33 PM
It was a regular shopping credit. It was thankfully the right amount. I really don't remember clicking ANYTHING for shoebuy from them, which is what confuses me. I canceled my account with them also, so there's no more confusion.

m 'n c
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes definitely make sure there are no toolbars on your computer from whichever site that is and run all of those programs Janet suggested so that you can start with a clean slate. I know there is a big site out there that if you install their toolbar it will override any other site so it screws the smaller sites like SR over. Luckily the merchants have taken notice to this and are starting to punish that site but not all are.

missymouse
03-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes definitely make sure there are no toolbars on your computer from whichever site that is and run all of those programs Janet suggested so that you can start with a clean slate. I know there is a big site out there that if you install their toolbar it will override any other site so it screws the smaller sites like SR over. Luckily the merchants have taken notice to this and are starting to punish that site but not all are.

It wasn't that site, but one that I still do and have never had this type of problem with. Maybe because I use a different browser for the other one. I do shopping on both of them (almost 50/50) so I don't think it is a toolbar, more likely there was a cookie somewhere for them.

daninyc
03-31-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm on a Mac, no one makes toolbars for me! :rotfl:

A positive of this mix up is that I got to buy 2 pairs of shoes instead of 1! (I'll use any excuse!)

keishashadow
04-01-2008, 07:45 AM
In my eagerness to save money:p, in the past i've used a coupon code i had found elsewhere when doing a general search for discounts on the net (not the ones on the shoebuy site itself) and didn't get credit...think the codes may be tied into a proprietary site(s) (sim. to SR?):confused:even if it doesn't indicate it...

guess what i'm trying to say, is i think then the credits then morph over to whatever site originated the code; no matter if you start out purchasing from SR or not...

does that make sense?